March 28, 2024, 06:21:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tucson police search for missing 6-year-old girl - Isabel Mercedes Celis #1  (Read 573606 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: May 11, 2012, 10:34:44 PM »

What is going on?

Janet

++++

UPDATE
Tucson police work with CPS on missing Isabel investigation
Posted: May 11, 2012 4:43 PM PDT
Updated: May 11, 2012 6:35 PM PDT

<snipped>

In a statement Friday, Tucson police spokesperson Sgt. Maria Hawke said detectives recently became aware of information regarding the welfare of the older Celis children.

Tucson police said the information was given to CPS for their consideration relating to police's investigation of Isabel's disappearance. Tucson police said CPS "instituted certain measures to ensure the continued welfare of the Celis children." Hawke did not elaborate.

CPS released the following statement to CBS 5 News.

The Department can confirm that CPS is working closely with law enforcement to ensure the continued safety of the children. At the present time, the children are not in CPS custody. The Department appreciates the community's support and understanding in protecting the privacy rights and safety needs for these children during this ongoing joint investigation.

<snipped>

http://www.kpho.com/story/18328454/tucson-police-work-with-cps-on-missing-isabel-investigation

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #521 on: May 11, 2012, 11:13:28 PM »

http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/#fcanchor

::snipping2::
Tucson Police tell News 4 the parents are living separately because of this and one of the parents is not allowed any kind of contact.

Hmmm...I wonder what was found? 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #522 on: May 11, 2012, 11:21:10 PM »

Tucson Police tell News 4 the parents are living separately because of this and one of the parents is not allowed any kind of contact.

Just for info: I am not sure this was mentioned earlier but Rebecca Celis' maiden name is "Snyder".

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: May 11, 2012, 11:55:25 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2012/05/11/isabel-celis-breaking-news-child-services-removes-sons-from-sergio-celis-care-and-placed-with-becky-celis-and-relative/

Isabel Celis Breaking News: Child Services Removes Sons From Sergio Celis Care and Placed With Becky Celis and Relative
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #524 on: May 11, 2012, 11:57:14 PM »

Blink has just done a piece.  Sorry I don't know how to bring it here but click on Crime
above and it will take you to BOC.  The two boys are staying with their Mother Becky and a relative.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #525 on: May 11, 2012, 11:58:32 PM »

oops - thank you Klaas.  i shoud have known you'd come along.  LOL
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #526 on: May 12, 2012, 12:20:01 AM »

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #527 on: May 12, 2012, 12:24:01 AM »

The cracks are starting to show.  Soon the truth will come pouring out.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #528 on: May 12, 2012, 12:41:26 AM »

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/151198035.html

Police: Celis parents living separately; 1 parent not allowed contact
Child Protective Services takes active role in case of missing 1st grader

CREATED 4:08 PM

Reporter: Kevin Keen

Web Producer: Ina Ronquillo and Marissa Pasquet

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Tucson police tell KGUN9 News the siblings of 6-year-old Isabel Celis, missing for 21 days, are now in the custody of one parent and the other parent is not allowed to see them, TPD said the developments leading to the custody change are “significant." They also have Ariz. Child Protective Services taking an active role in the case.

TPD tells KGUN9 News that missing Isabel Celis' parents are living separately at this time, and one parent is not allowed contact.

Lt. Fabian Pacheco told KGUN9 detectives, as recently as Thursday, “came into some information which they considered to be important enough to share with Child Protective Services. They contacted these folks, they sent one of their personnel here to police headquarters.”
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #529 on: May 12, 2012, 12:53:41 AM »

Oh, my, my, my!

What on earth is going on....sure give me the "cold chills".

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #530 on: May 12, 2012, 01:55:30 AM »

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18325000/tpd-cps-involvement-with-celis-family-increases

TPD: Celis children placed with only 1 parent

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -
Child Protective Services has placed the older brothers of a missing Tucson girl in the care of one of their parents, Tucson News Now has learned.

Tucson Police Lt. Fabian Pacheco said that CPS has placed the children with one of the parents as a safety measure. He would not say which parent has the children

Evening,all!  Reading from the rafters and wanted to drop a comment.  Didn't Sergio say that the last he saw of Isabel, her mother (Becky) was braiding her hair late Friday night for her early morning ball game? This new development reminded me of the recent Eyes For Lies post (http://blog.eyesforlies.com/2012/05/becky-and-sergio-celis-3rd-interview.html) and Becky's rather contemptuous body language/facial expressions and odd off-the-cuff remarks ("We've made it through worse..."). Compound that, with Sergio's comments imploring someone to "Look at Isabel..." (see how beautiful she is) and his noting that Isabel told him how tired she was. Factor in, that this particular night, Isabel was reportedly sleeping alone in her bedroom (as opposed to sleeping in her brothers' room, as usual). Lo and behold, now CPS has stepped in and separated the brothers from one parent for their safety. That alone tells me that one parent has presented as a threat and that the children's statements have likely been rehearsed (if they have been interviewed).  It also confirms why the parents were taken individually to the home and interviewed separately.

IMO, the family (or Sergio) returned home late Friday night from the ball game. A very tired and probably highly resistant Isabel was being forced to get her hair braided for the morning game.  It's not hard to imagine a scenario in which an angry mother may have punished Isabel in a manner resulting in her death, immediate or eventual (concussion, seizure with convulsions leading to death, etc.). Perhaps the separation from her brothers was part of the punishment or perhaps a necessity due to Isabel's death or extensive injuries. An injured/dying/deceased Isabel could not simply be removed through the front door, without the danger of being discovered by one of her brothers. IMO, the screen was indeed pushed out from the inside and Isabel was handed through the window from one person to another (be that Sergio to Uncle, vice-versa, or Becky to Sergio). IMO, due to the time frame of when the family would need to be up and getting ready to leave for the early Saturday morning game, a deceased Isabel was handed out the window.  There had to be a fairly solid cover story in place, with some "evidence" of a "kidnapping", before Isabel's brothers woke up.  It may be that the boys had already been sent to bed before Isabel was getting her hair braided, as Sergio didn't mention them being there the last time he supposedly saw Isabel.  So, the brothers woke up to a "kidnapped" sister.

IMO, the kidnapping scenario seems a little too pat, the window-screen story a little too passe (with very little reported damage to the window and screen). The lukewarm, guarded LE reception to the kidnapping scenario, combined with the almost apathetic parental attitude (the abject lack of pleading from Sergio and Becky early on), belies a kidnapping.  Both Sergio and Becky seem to be lacking the heart-rending grief and desperation, marking missing child/kidnapping cases.  In short, their emotional effect seems way off, "private people" or not.  IMO, Becky is probably the more aggressive personality of the two and Sergio is covering for her. In interviews, it is Becky that leaks flashes of anger, disdain, contempt, and arrogance. The flashes appear to be in response to questions about them: their lack of initial press conferences; their concern about their own personal appearances; their possible involvement; their finances; their lack of involvement in looking/pleading for Isabel; and their fundraising appearances.  In short, both she and Sergio come across as both highly offended and defensive that their story is being questioned. They seem almost desperate to deflect negative attention from themselves and yet, they seem strangely lacking that same desperation in finding Isabel.  It's almost as if they want LE and the public to buy the kidnapping story, get sympathy as the poor parents, and move on (talking about normalcy). It's almost as if they've closed the book on Isabel and can't understand our need to hash it out, flesh out the details. Perhaps it's the discernible lack of details, apparent to the rest of us, that worries them.  Perhaps that is what is motivating an almost palpable need for them to hurry through the investigation and onto "healing" and "normalcy". The longer LE stays in the investigating close to home phase, the more uncomfortable (and possibly volatile) Becky and Sergio will become, IMO. All my own opinions from the comfort of my arm chair.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #531 on: May 12, 2012, 01:59:07 AM »

Well, per Blink's post above, I'm glad I didn't quit my day job!  LOL So much for my "theory".  silent

*Exit stage right*

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #532 on: May 12, 2012, 02:03:58 AM »

Becky Celis-My sincere apologies.  Lesson learned. I am sorry. From this point on, I'll pass on speculating. I don't want to be a false witness or damage someone's rep. 'Nite all.

Forecast for the Day:
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: May 12, 2012, 09:32:39 AM »

ISpy - don't be too hard on yourself.  Why were the boys placed with the mom and a relative and not simply the mom?
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: May 12, 2012, 11:12:06 AM »

Isa's brothers staying with 1 parent, relative
Story Isa's brothers staying with 1 parent, relative
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2012 12:00 am

Isabel Celis' older brothers were staying with only one of their parents and a relative Friday, police said.

Child Protective Services met with Tucson police and Isabel Celis' parents Thursday at police headquarters before a decision was made to have the children stay with one of the parents and the relative, said Lt. Fabian Pacheco, a Tucson Police Department spokesman.

Detectives became aware of information regarding the welfare of the Celises' older children, according to a Tucson Police Department news release. Isabel, 6, has two older brothers, Julian and Sergio.

Pacheco did not say which parent and relative the boys were staying with, citing the investigation.

CPS "instituted certain measures to ensure the continued welfare" of the children, police said. Police would not elaborate on what measures were taken or what led to the action.

Pacheco said the move was driven by the ongoing investigation of Isabel's disappearance.

Police officers did not have to serve a temporary custody notice, he said.  That's when children are taken from their parents because they are endangered.

"We just wanted CPS to come in and perform an assessment based on information from detectives," he said.

CPS has been involved in the case since Isabel was first reported missing, which is common for missing-children cases. CPS released a statement Friday, saying, "The Department can confirm that CPS is working closely with law enforcement to ensure the continued safety of the children. At the present time, the children are not in CPS custody. The Department appreciates the community's support and understanding in protecting the privacy rights and safety needs for these children during this ongoing joint investigation."

<snipped>

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/isa-s-brothers-staying-with-parent-relative/article_284272fb-80be-5d95-8b33-f3eb7b22b0f2.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #535 on: May 12, 2012, 11:28:51 AM »

When there is molestation in the house it is common for children to seek protection in the night by sleeping together.  If molestation was occuring in the Celis household, that would explain why Isabella stayed late into the night with her father for the cleanup of the ballpark... he would want the boys to have gone to bed so he could put Isabella to sleep in her own room where he would have access to her.  I've considered this as a possibility from early on, otherwise why keep a young child up so late to clean a ball park when she's already had a long day?

We all know cases where dad is molesting the children and mom knows about it but says or does nothing to protect them. 

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #536 on: May 12, 2012, 11:50:31 AM »

From watching the interviews with this couple, I can't see the mom reporting anything negative against the dad.  She seems very defensive to me. 

Maybe this is an LE tactic of divide and concur?  Raise contention between the two and see who slips.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #537 on: May 12, 2012, 12:07:25 PM »

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/151198035.html

Police: Celis parents living separately; 1 parent not allowed contact
Child Protective Services takes active role in case of missing 1st grader

CREATED 4:08 PM

Reporter: Kevin Keen

Web Producer: Ina Ronquillo and Marissa Pasquet

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Tucson police tell KGUN9 News the siblings of 6-year-old Isabel Celis, missing for 21 days, are now in the custody of one parent and the other parent is not allowed to see them, TPD said the developments leading to the custody change are “significant." They also have Ariz. Child Protective Services taking an active role in the case.

TPD tells KGUN9 News that missing Isabel Celis' parents are living separately at this time, and one parent is not allowed contact.

Lt. Fabian Pacheco told KGUN9 detectives, as recently as Thursday, “came into some information which they considered to be important enough to share with Child Protective Services. They contacted these folks, they sent one of their personnel here to police headquarters.”

I wonder if the information that came in Thursday has something to do with forensic dna evidence.   
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #538 on: May 12, 2012, 12:10:08 PM »

Becky Celis-My sincere apologies.  Lesson learned. I am sorry. From this point on, I'll pass on speculating. I don't want to be a false witness or damage someone's rep. 'Nite all.

ISpy. 
Please don't pass on speculating.  You've simply changed your mind, once new information became available.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #539 on: May 12, 2012, 12:14:01 PM »

When there is molestation in the house it is common for children to seek protection in the night by sleeping together.  If molestation was occuring in the Celis household, that would explain why Isabella stayed late into the night with her father for the cleanup of the ballpark... he would want the boys to have gone to bed so he could put Isabella to sleep in her own room where he would have access to her.  I've considered this as a possibility from early on, otherwise why keep a young child up so late to clean a ball park when she's already had a long day?

We all know cases where dad is molesting the children and mom knows about it but says or does nothing to protect them. 

Amys Sister.  Thank you for pointing out that children seek protection by sleeping together.  I had forgotten that. 
Just thought that it seemed inappropriate for a little girl to be sleeping with older brothers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.