March 28, 2024, 10:52:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tucson police search for missing 6-year-old girl - Isabel Mercedes Celis #1  (Read 573635 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #580 on: May 14, 2012, 12:53:21 PM »

Okay, I am confused.  Are Becky and Sergio divorced?  Or are the boys from another woman?

TUCSON, AZ (CBS5/AP) -

The father of a missing 6-year-old Tucson girl now is not allowed to have contact with his two older sons.

Meanwhile, Tucson police said they will talk with the community in the wake of the disappearance of Isabel Celis and the break-in and molestation of another child.

CBS 5 News learned that Sergio Celis was prohibited from contact after detectives called Child Protective Services last week with information regarding the welfare of the older Celis children.

Tucson police said the information was given to CPS relating to the police investigation into the disappearance of Isabel Celis.

Tucson police said CPS "instituted certain measures to ensure the continued welfare of the Celis children." Hawke did not elaborate.

CBS 5 News learned Isabel's two brothers were turned over to their biological mother, the ex-wife of Sergio Celis.
 ::snipping2::
http://www.kpho.com/story/18328454/father-of-missing-isabel-can-have-no-contact-with-2-sons

http://www.kpho.com/story/18328454/father-of-missing-isabel-can-have-no-contact-with-2-sons

Showing 3 comments

TERRY
11 mins ago0
Share | FlagWho cares, as long as the kids are okay? You are probably the only one that knew the article was incorrect, so call KPHO and ask for your apology!

Atticus 1
43 mins ago-1
Share | Flagsorry, self correction- The article specified that The children removed were put in the custody of an ex wife of Sergio's and as also their biological Mother for the entire weekend, Mother's Day no less, I think it warrants a correction notice and apology.

Atticus 1
50 mins ago-1
Share | FlagCan someone please tell me how this article specified completely erroneous information for several hours and was just updated without so much as an editorial note?? Error Correction in reporting anyone?

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: May 14, 2012, 01:31:13 PM »

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/151330675.html

Bittersweet: Rebecca Celis spends Mother's Day with her two children
CREATED May. 13, 2012 - UPDATED: May. 14, 2012 | 9:22 AM

Rebecca said it pains her to realize her only wish this Mother's Day may not come true. "I hope today would be the day Isabel would be home. That's all I'm asking for Mother's Day, but who knows what the plan is."

Rebecca told Cavazos she only wanted to talk about the holiday, not about the search for Isabel, the police investigation or what had happened between her and Sergio.   She called Sunday a heartwrenching experience that she said  no mother should have to endure. "I have no idea how to describe it -- it's not a Mother's Day I want to celebrate again."
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #582 on: May 14, 2012, 02:05:38 PM »

Okay, I am confused.  Are Becky and Sergio divorced?  Or are the boys from another woman?

TUCSON, AZ (CBS5/AP) -

The father of a missing 6-year-old Tucson girl now is not allowed to have contact with his two older sons.

Meanwhile, Tucson police said they will talk with the community in the wake of the disappearance of Isabel Celis and the break-in and molestation of another child.

CBS 5 News learned that Sergio Celis was prohibited from contact after detectives called Child Protective Services last week with information regarding the welfare of the older Celis children.

Tucson police said the information was given to CPS relating to the police investigation into the disappearance of Isabel Celis.

Tucson police said CPS "instituted certain measures to ensure the continued welfare of the Celis children." Hawke did not elaborate.

CBS 5 News learned Isabel's two brothers were turned over to their biological mother, the ex-wife of Sergio Celis.

KPHO and CBS each accredit the other for the reporting.  Nevertheless ... it makes sense the report was not pulled out of thin air.  Why did KPHO delete the statement without issuing a retraction?

Janet

+++++

May 14, 2012 11:17 AM
Text Sergio Celis, father of missing Ariz. girl Isabel Celis, barred from contact with his sons

<snipped>

Tucson police reportedly said CPS "instituted certain measures to ensure the continued welfare of the Celis children," but did not elaborate. CPS says the move is common practice when investigating cases of missing children, KPHO reports.

According to KPHO, Isabel's two brothers were turned over to their biological mother, the ex-wife of Sergio Celis.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57433616-504083/sergio-celis-father-of-missing-ariz-girl-isabel-celis-barred-from-contact-with-his-sons/

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: May 14, 2012, 02:08:26 PM »

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/05/14/missing-isabel-celis-arizona-no-contact

Isabel Celis' father can't have contact with sons?
updated 12:16 PM EDT, Mon May 14, 2012

It appears the father of missing Arizona girl Isabel Celis can no longer have contact with his two sons. Over the weekend, Tuscon Police told HLN affiliate KGUN that Isabel's parents, Sergio and Rebecca, were separated at the order of Child Protective Services.

Police would only confirm the separation and that one parent is banned from contact with Isabel's older brothers. However, Rebecca appears to still have contact with the children. On Sunday, KGUN spotted Isabel's mom with the boys in tow.

Rebecca told the affiliate Sunday that despite the hole in her family, she tried to have a normal Mother's day, taking the boys to church and spending time with them. She says the holiday is no more difficult than any other day since Isabel's disappearance more than three weeks ago.
Police are planning a 2 p.m. press conference Monday with more details on the investigation.

Reminder

_____

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #584 on: May 14, 2012, 02:23:01 PM »

Janet- no link yet, but I just got a call that the press conf is being pushed to 3PM today,  it was scheduled previously for 2PM.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: May 14, 2012, 02:27:55 PM »

Janet- no link yet, but I just got a call that the press conf is being pushed to 3PM today,  it was scheduled previously for 2PM.

Thanks Blink.  Ist that ET?  Do you have a link to a live feed?

Janet

_____

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #586 on: May 14, 2012, 02:48:16 PM »

No, I believe that is GMT or MST.   I am EST so the time in GMT/MST currently is 11:38AM ( well, is while I am writing)  and in my zone EST, it is 2:38 PM,  so for me the pressc is at 6 PM EST.

If you can believe it,  I have been watching the link you posted.  Apparently, the reporter got an email complaint from a poster, and the reporter told the poster that the information she was referring to as "incorrect" or whatever, was never in the article.   

That floors me.   It is still up on the CBS piece according to a comment :   http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57433616-504083/sergio-celis-father-of-missing-ariz-girl-isabel-celis-barred-from-contact-with-his-sons/

Anyway, the poster followed up with the news director.   I wonder if that octopus is really a monkey in disguise, lol:

Atticus 1
1 second ago
0 updown
Share | Flag
Thx toxx- this is a very serious situation and reporting must be handled appropriately. The "non-existant" information is still up on CBS: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-5​04083_162-57433616-504083/ser​gio-celis-father-of-missing-a​riz-girl-isabel-celis-barred-​from-contact-with-his-sons/
toxxicoctopus
3 mins ago
0 updown
Share | Flag
Atticus 1 I emailed the general comments email address about this issue and received a very polite response from a Michelle Donaldson, who assured me she will be looking into this issue. Her information is as follows if you would like it; Michelle Donaldson News Director KPHO CBS 5 News Direct: 602-650-0700 Newsroom: 602-650-0711 mdonaldson@cbs5az.com

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #587 on: May 14, 2012, 02:50:41 PM »

Didi authorities called CPS?  What does Tucson Police Lt. Fabian Pacheco have to say?

Janet

++++

Isabel Celis Mystery Gains New Twist
Father of missing six-year-old barred from contact with Isabel's older brothers.
01:55 | 05/13/2012

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/isabel-celis-mystery-gains-twist-16337105

What did authorities learn that motivated them to call CPS?

Does CPS have the legal power to unilaterally place children with one parent as well as deny a "no contact" order to the other without a judge's ruling?

Janet

++++

Father of missing Isabel can have no contact with 2 sons
Posted: May 11, 2012 4:43 PM PDT
Updated: May 14, 2012 8:21 AM PDT

NO, they can't.  They can "recomend" a voluntary placement and conditions of visitation, but without a judge's order it can't be enforced.  If the parents do not want to comply, then CPS goes to the court with their evidence and the judge either agrees with CPS or denies their request. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #588 on: May 14, 2012, 02:59:52 PM »

TUCSON, AZ (CBS5/AP) -

The above posting submitted by labubske implies otherwise.

Janet

+++++

Sergio Celis, father of missing Ariz. girl Isabel Celis, barred from contact with his sons

<snipped>

Comments

toxxicoctopus
37 mins ago0
Share | FlagAtticus 1...I asked myself that same information after I sent an email to the reporter Breann Bierman whose name appears at the top of this article. I sent an email at 8:18am asking for credible information or a retraction regarding the comment that the Celis parents were divorced. When I received a response from Bierman I came back to this article and discovered it was updated at 8:21am. Bierman is now claiming the information was never there. Thank you for commenting on what we both clearly saw and but somehow is now being denied.

<snipped>

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57433616-504083/sergio-celis-father-of-missing-ariz-girl-isabel-celis-barred-from-contact-with-his-sons/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #589 on: May 14, 2012, 03:04:58 PM »

Didi authorities called CPS?  What does Tucson Police Lt. Fabian Pacheco have to say?

Janet

++++

Isabel Celis Mystery Gains New Twist
Father of missing six-year-old barred from contact with Isabel's older brothers.
01:55 | 05/13/2012

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/isabel-celis-mystery-gains-twist-16337105

What did authorities learn that motivated them to call CPS?

Does CPS have the legal power to unilaterally place children with one parent as well as deny a "no contact" order to the other without a judge's ruling?

Janet

++++

Updated: May 14, 2012 8:21 AM PDT

NO, they can't.  They can "recomend" a voluntary placement and conditions of visitation, but without a judge's order it can't be enforced.  If the parents do not want to comply, then CPS goes to the court with their evidence and the judge either agrees with CPS or denies their request. 

Thanks Flutter.

Janet

+++++

Isa's brothers staying with 1 parent, relative
Story Isa's brothers staying with 1 parent, relative
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2012 12:00 am

Isabel Celis' older brothers were staying with only one of their parents and a relative Friday, police said.

Child Protective Services met with Tucson police and Isabel Celis' parents Thursday at police headquarters before a decision was made to have the children stay with one of the parents and the relative, said Lt. Fabian Pacheco, a Tucson Police Department spokesman.

<snipped>

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/isa-s-brothers-staying-with-parent-relative/article_284272fb-80be-5d95-8b33-f3eb7b22b0f2.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: May 14, 2012, 03:09:53 PM »

TUCSON, AZ (CBS5/AP) -

The above posting submitted by labubske implies otherwise.

Janet

+++++

Sergio Celis, father of missing Ariz. girl Isabel Celis, barred from contact with his son

<snipped>

Comments

toxxicoctopus
37 mins ago0
Share | FlagAtticus 1...I asked myself that same information after I sent an email to the reporter Breann Bierman whose name appears at the top of this article. I sent an email at 8:18am asking for credible information or a retraction regarding the comment that the Celis parents were divorced. When I received a response from Bierman I came back to this article and discovered it was updated at 8:21am. Bierman is now claiming the information was never there. Thank you for commenting on what we both clearly saw and but somehow is now being denied.

<snipped>

Link s/b

_____

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #591 on: May 14, 2012, 03:10:55 PM »

No, I believe that is GMT or MST.   I am EST so the time in GMT/MST currently is 11:38AM ( well, is while I am writing)  and in my zone EST, it is 2:38 PM,  so for me the pressc is at 6 PM EST.

If you can believe it,  I have been watching the link you posted.  Apparently, the reporter got an email complaint from a poster, and the reporter told the poster that the information she was referring to as "incorrect" or whatever, was never in the article.   

That floors me.   It is still up on the CBS piece according to a comment :   http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57433616-504083/sergio-celis-father-of-missing-ariz-girl-isabel-celis-barred-from-contact-with-his-sons/

Anyway, the poster followed up with the news director.   I wonder if that octopus is really a monkey in disguise, lol:

Atticus 1
1 second ago
0 updown
Share | Flag
Thx toxx- this is a very serious situation and reporting must be handled appropriately. The "non-existant" information is still up on CBS: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-5​04083_162-57433616-504083/ser​gio-celis-father-of-missing-a​riz-girl-isabel-celis-barred-​from-contact-with-his-sons/
toxxicoctopus
3 mins ago
0 updown
Share | Flag
Atticus 1 I emailed the general comments email address about this issue and received a very polite response from a Michelle Donaldson, who assured me she will be looking into this issue. Her information is as follows if you would like it; Michelle Donaldson News Director KPHO CBS 5 News Direct: 602-650-0700 Newsroom: 602-650-0711 mdonaldson@cbs5az.com

Interesting, I cannot believe that they are saying it was never there.  I wish I would have copied the time as well. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #592 on: May 14, 2012, 03:21:26 PM »

Father of Missing Ariz. Girl Separated From Family

TUCSON, Ariz. May 14, 2012 (AP)

Arizona authorities are prohibiting the father of a missing Tucson girl from having any contact with his other children, but they say that doesn't mean he's a suspect in his daughter's disappearance.

Police Sgt. Maria Hawke confirmed Monday that Sergio Celis has been ordered to have no contact with his two sons.

Authorities declined to provide any details, saying only that there was a need to ensure the welfare of Isabel Mercedes Celis' older siblings.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/father-missing-ariz-girl-separated-family-16344871#.T7FZBcVdDLQ

So it's Arizona authorities that are prohibiting him from having contact with the boys...Why?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: May 14, 2012, 03:21:35 PM »

I have a hinky feeling that the comments regarding this topic are also going to go "poof" so .....

Janet

+++++

Updated: May 14, 2012 10:12 AM PDT

<snipped>

Showing 9 comments

Atticus 1
30 mins ago+1

toxxicoctopus
34 mins ago0
Atticus 1 I emailed the general comments email address about this issue and received a very polite response from a Michelle Donaldson, who assured me she will be looking into this issue. Her information is as follows if you would like it; Michelle DonaldsonNews DirectorKPHO CBS 5 NewsDirect: 602-650-0700 Newsroom: 602-650-0711mdonaldson@cbs5az​.com

Atticus 1
36 mins ago0
I ran out of space, here is the top and attribution- definitely there, and was through the weekend, which one can also see in cache: Sergio Celis, father of missing Ariz. girl Isabel Celis, barred from contact with his sons May 14, 2012 This undated photo provided by the Tucson Police Dept. shows Isabel Mercedes Celis. (Credit: AP Photo/Tucson Police Dept.) (CBS/KPHO/AP) TUCSON, Ariz. - The father of Isabel Mercedes Celis, a missing 6-year-old Tucson girl, is no longer allowed to have contact with his two older sons. Pictures: 6-year-old vanishes from Arizona home CBS affiliate KPHO reports that Sergio Celis was prohibited from contact after detectives called Child Protective Services last week with information regarding the welfare of the older Celis children.

Atticus 1
38 mins ago0
toxxicoctopus- Claiming the information was never there? I have a screenshot, and CBS also posted the article in full. Here is a snip, with exactly what appeared that was in error: snip- Isabel was last seen around 11 p.m. on April 20 when she was getting ready for bed. She was reported missing by her father around 8 a.m. the next morning after he went to wake her up. According to police, the child was not in her room and a bedroom window was opened with the screen removed. Tucson police reportedly said CPS "instituted certain measures to ensure the continued welfare of the Celis children," but did not elaborate. CPS says the move is common practice when investigating cases of missing children, KPHO reports. According to KPHO, Isabel's two brothers were turned over to their biological mother, the ex-wife of Sergio Celis. - end snip

toxxicoctopus
53 mins ago0
Atticus 1...I asked myself that same information after I sent an email to the reporter Breann Bierman whose name appears at the top of this article. I sent an email at 8:18am asking for credible information or a retraction regarding the comment that the Celis parents were divorced. When I received a response from Bierman I came back to this article and discovered it was updated at 8:21am. Bierman is now claiming the information was never there. Thank you for commenting on what we both clearly saw and but somehow is now being denied.

Atticus 1
2 hours ago+3
Well I would think that if someone happened to repeat it to them at school, or they read it themselves it would be very upsetting to learn your Mother was not your Mother and your Dad had been married before. Not to mention Rebecca Celis. I was not suggesting an apology to me. I would like to think integrity in reporting is important to all?

TERRY
2 hours ago-3
Who cares, as long as the kids are okay? You are probably the only one that knew the article was incorrect, so call KPHO and ask for your apology!

Atticus 1
3 hours ago+1
sorry, self correction- The article specified that The children removed were put in the custody of an ex wife of Sergio's and as also their biological Mother for the entire weekend, Mother's Day no less, I think it warrants a correction notice and apology.

Atticus 1
3 hours ago+1
Can someone please tell me how this article specified completely erroneous information for several hours and was just updated without so much as an editorial note?? Error Correction in reporting anyone?

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: May 14, 2012, 03:27:36 PM »

Interesting, I cannot believe that they are saying it was never there.  I wish I would have copied the time as well. 

You done good labubske!  The date and time at the top of your posting indicates that disputed reporting in the article was later deleted by editor/s.

Janet

_____

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #595 on: May 14, 2012, 03:28:27 PM »

Atticus 1
1 second ago
0 updown
Share | Flag
toxxicoctopus
3 mins ago
0 updown
Share | Flag

I have it because it hits my RSS feed so it is stored regardless.   The "octoposter", if correct, was exactly right, and the piece was also updated a second time at least, that I know of.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #596 on: May 14, 2012, 03:29:40 PM »

You done good labubske!  The date and time at the top of your posting indicates that disputed reporting in the article was later deleted by editor/s.

Janet

I second Janet's kudos.  Nicely done.  All about the facts.
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #597 on: May 14, 2012, 03:31:05 PM »

Atticus 1
1 second ago
0 updown
Share | Flag
toxxicoctopus
3 mins ago
0 updown
Share | Flag

What Time Is It In Phoenix?

Phoenix, Arizona Local Time

Arizona time is Mountain Standard Time (MST). In the greater Phoenix area we never change our clocks, since we don't participate in Daylight Saving Time. Most of Arizona is the same way, but there are exceptions.
Do you want to know what time it is right now in Phoenix, Arizona? Here's a clock with the Phoenix time!

The time in Phoenix, Arizona
is 12:25 PM (MST) on Monday

So they are actually the same as PST for you west-coasters!
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #598 on: May 14, 2012, 03:33:15 PM »

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/category/218560/kold-news-13-live-video

One live video feed, although there are a few.  Noting it has officially changed to 3 PM CMT.  6PM EST.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #599 on: May 14, 2012, 03:35:42 PM »

MST= Mountain Standard Time,  My bad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.