March 28, 2024, 03:20:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tucson police search for missing 6-year-old girl - Isabel Mercedes Celis #1  (Read 573562 times)
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #660 on: May 15, 2012, 03:29:31 PM »

I don't think I've ever heard someone describe a person's eye color as 'clear'.  You might say a person's eye's were clear as opposed to bloodshot but never in regards to a child. 

Missed that! Who said that? Very odd way to describe eye color.

Cookie, it was when the 911 operator was asking Sergio for Isabel's physical discription, she asked for the color of her eyes, and he said "clear", she went on trying to get a color and he mumbled different colors till she said hazel, and he agreed.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #661 on: May 15, 2012, 03:46:22 PM »

I don't think I've ever heard someone describe a person's eye color as 'clear'.  You might say a person's eye's were clear as opposed to bloodshot but never in regards to a child. 

Cookie, it was when the 911 operator was asking Sergio for Isabel's physical discription, she asked for the color of her eyes, and he said "clear", she went on trying to get a color and he mumbled different colors till she said hazel, and he agreed.

Can anyone say DIM BULB?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: May 15, 2012, 04:03:28 PM »

Geez..I sure missed that part...thanks for the info....Sergio is a strange duck!

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #663 on: May 15, 2012, 04:04:31 PM »

Can anyone say DIM BULB?

Just wondering if Sergio's 1st language is English.  Not making excuses, but sometimes if English is not your first language and you are in a panic, you lose control of your vocabulary.  I just asked a couple of my ESL kids and they said they didn't know a word for "hazel" in Spanish.  When I looked it up on Google translate, there is a word, but the kids said they had never heard it before. 

Anyway, not saying that the call wasn't a little strange, just looking at it from a different perspective.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #664 on: May 15, 2012, 04:27:39 PM »

http://www.kvoa.com/news/tucson-police-pima-sheriffs-scouring-wash-near-davis-monthan/

Tucson Police, Pima Sheriffs scouring wash near Davis-Monthan

Posted: May 15, 2012 12:05 PM
Updated: May 15, 2012 12:13 PM

TUCSON - Pima County Sheriff's deputies are assisting Tucson Police with a search in the desert area near Davis-Monthan Air Force Base.

News 4 Tucson's Larissa Wohl is on the scene near Golf Links Road and Alvernon Way - she says there is a heavy presence of PCSD and TPD vehicles at the scene. Officials told her they have been out at the scene since about 8 a.m. this morning.

Since arriving at the scene, officials have been scouring the wash, and a helicopter has been circling the area overhead.

There is no word on whether or not this is related to the Isabel Celis investigation.
 ::snipping2::
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #665 on: May 15, 2012, 04:29:33 PM »

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/151589955.html

Police conducting secondary search in wash related to Celis case

CREATED 12:35 PM

Web Producer: Ina Ronquillo

TUCSON (KGUN9-TV) - Tucson Police are conducting a secondary search in a wash near Golf Links and Alvernon in their continuing search for missing 6-year-old Isabel Mercedes Celis.

Sgt. Maria Hawke has confirmed to KGUN9 that the search is related to the disappearance of Isabel Celis.  However, she says the secondary search is not uncommon in missing person cases.
 ::snipping2::
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #666 on: May 15, 2012, 04:37:05 PM »

I thought that dad got the clothing description wrong but after discussing with Blink I did a search and found this.

So, maybe they were both correct.  I just didn't think mom would describe a top as 'old navy' and mean brand anything other than an old, navy colored shirt. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: May 15, 2012, 04:37:54 PM »

Just wondering if Sergio's 1st language is English.  Not making excuses, but sometimes if English is not your first language and you are in a panic, you lose control of your vocabulary.  I just asked a couple of my ESL kids and they said they didn't know a word for "hazel" in Spanish.  When I looked it up on Google translate, there is a word, but the kids said they had never heard it before. 

Anyway, not saying that the call wasn't a little strange, just looking at it from a different perspective.   

Flutter

Good point.  My daughter has a lovely 16 year old home stay Korean student presently living with the family.  English has been Hunjin's second language for her entire life but ... at time she has difficulty expression herself clearly if she is excited.  She knows the right word in Korean but ...

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #668 on: May 15, 2012, 04:37:55 PM »

Okay...the image didn't upload.  So here's the link for the page...
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=80784&vid=1&pid=105686&scid=105686002

http://oldnavy.gap.com/assets/common/clear.gif

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: May 15, 2012, 04:43:11 PM »

I thought that dad got the clothing description wrong but after discussing with Blink I did a search and found this.

So, maybe they were both correct.  I just didn't think mom would describe a top as 'old navy' and mean brand anything other than an old, navy colored shirt. 

Ten year old granddaughter and 9 year old grandson were dropped off last night while Mom and Dad went on a dinner date.  I just ask hubby to described what the kids were wearing.  He doesn't have a clue.

Janet

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #670 on: May 15, 2012, 05:00:01 PM »

http://seamusoriley.blogspot.com/2012/05/sergio-celis-deceptive-911-call.html

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #671 on: May 15, 2012, 05:16:05 PM »

Can anyone say DIM BULB?

BBM  I wondered the same thing.  Perhaps English isn't Sergio's first language.  Still, all in all, it was a very strange call.  I found the part about him saying he told her to get her "butt" home very disturbing. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: May 15, 2012, 05:21:40 PM »

BBM  I wondered the same thing.  Perhaps English isn't Sergio's first language.  Still, all in all, it was a very strange call.  I found the part about him saying he told her to get her "butt" home very disturbing

... as well as the laugh.

_____

cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #673 on: May 15, 2012, 05:54:15 PM »

in spanish, Latins don't use "hazel"... we say "ojos claros" clear eyes.
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #674 on: May 15, 2012, 06:01:14 PM »

did he tell to his wife "get your butt home" ? "I heard very often parents telling their kids "get your butt in bed" ...
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #675 on: May 15, 2012, 06:07:24 PM »

Thank you, cecilita, for your input.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #676 on: May 15, 2012, 06:07:47 PM »

Thank you Cecilita!  Figured it was something like that.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: May 15, 2012, 06:09:03 PM »

did he tell to his wife "get your butt home" ? "I heard very often parents telling their kids "get your butt in bed" ...

He told the 911 operator that he told his wife to "get her butt home", then he chucked.  That was odd.
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #678 on: May 15, 2012, 06:10:58 PM »

You are welcome...I have a questions... is isabella's dad gay?
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #679 on: May 15, 2012, 06:12:18 PM »

He told the 911 operator that he told his wife to "get her butt home", then he chucked.  That was odd.
it sounds more like a "I am in trouble" or "we are in trouble" more than a father being desesperate for his missing kid
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.