March 28, 2024, 03:56:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tucson police search for missing 6-year-old girl - Isabel Mercedes Celis #1  (Read 573679 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #760 on: May 17, 2012, 11:40:00 AM »

CPS visited Isabel's home in December, city police confirm

Josh Brodesky - Arizona Daily Star
Tucson, AZ

Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 12:02 am

(snip)  Child Protective Services workers went to Isabel Celis' home in December, months before the 6-year-old was reported missing.

CPS representatives would not discuss the case. Tucson police Lt. Fabian Pacheco confirmed the department was aware of the CPS visit to the Celis home but said he did not know the circumstances.

Officials with CPS and the Tucson Police Department recently said the child-welfare agency had been involved in the case since Isabel was reported missing on April 21. But Wednesday morning, Pacheco said investigators were aware CPS had made contact with the family much earlier.  (snip)

Read more:

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/cps-visited-isabel-s-home-in-december-city-police-confirm/article_8a0e22a3-f9a3-5df6-a4f1-163f280fad8f.html

ty Puzzler.

Well this could explain why the parents behaviour has been off imo from the getgo.

I read this as Lt. Pacheo stating that the police dept. knew of the earlier visit by CPS in
December but they are unaware of the circumstances.  Why is that?  Wouldn't they want to know?

Puzzler do you know what the legalities are in order for LE to obtain this information?

Good morning Monkey's,

Thank-you, Can, for posting this article. 

I no longer believe that Isa's hair, was braided.  Sad

Thanks, Can,

Puzzler thank-you for the article Smile

I do not believe ONE word of either parent.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #761 on: May 17, 2012, 12:53:31 PM »

Distressing to say the least, CPS should be required to say if the December case was cleared.

CPS involvement,  neighbors reporting dog violations-  again, centers around activity in the home.

Janet, to your point, Pacheco may not know the circumstances of the first investigation - frequently detectives in a high profile case will withhold sensitive investigative details from the PIO or spokesperson so they do not put them in a position of releasing something accidentally. 

What the He77 went on in that house that night, and where is this baby?

Blink

I don't know but ... I feel strongly that  the Moore surveillance footage exposes the cover up ... the cover up that began following Becky's departure from the home at approximately 6:15 AM on the morning Isabel was reported missing.

Could it be that the words of Becky in the 911 tape do reflect the truth at that moment in time?  What she now suspects occured in the period that Sergio claims he fell asleep watching a baseball game prior to coming to bed is another issue.

Not to arouse suspicion with any cover up commotion ... could it be that Sergio made it appear that a deceased was sleeping.  Think about the the hit made by the police canine.

In the morning following Becky's departure at approximately 6:15 AM ...  I suspect that the cover up began.

The Cover Up?

01.  Justin is summoned for assistance.  Think about the report that investigators were investigating the elusive Justin ... the elusive Justin who was originally a spokesperson for the family ... the elusive Justin who has a criminal record ... the elusive Justin who resided with the Celis family at one time ... the elusive Justin who was caught on Moore surveillance footage outside the Celis home at 8:00 AM.

02.  Prior to Justin's arrival ... a deceased Isabel is wrapped in a blanket or concealed in a duffle bag and placed in the disabled vehicle in the driveway.  Think about the search warrant.

03.  Justin arrives.

04.  At 6:30 AM Sergio and Justin stage a kidnapping scene.  Isabel's bedroom window is opened and screen removed.  Think about the voices and barking dogs that awakens the neighbor.

05.  A deceased Isabel is removed from the disabled vehicle ... placed in Justin's vehicle and ... driven to a nearby location for disposal.

06.  Justin returns.

07.  Sergio awakens the boys.

08.  Justin and Sergio go through the motions of a quick search outside the home.  Think about the Moore surveillance footage.

09.  Sergio contacts Becky

10.  Sergio contact 911 at 8:14 AM.

11.  Becky arrives home.

12.  First responders arrive.

13.  The neighbor awakens again with the knocking on her door.  Justin and a police officer are on the other side of that door.

IMO

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #762 on: May 17, 2012, 01:07:55 PM »

Uncle: Isabel's parents glad they went on TV
Posted: May 03, 2012 2:11 PM PDT
Updated: May 03, 2012 4:20 PM PDT

Tucson Police confirmed today that the parents took polygraph tests early in the investigation.

Sgt. Maria Hawke said at a press conference, "It is accurate that the parents have done polygraph tests," but those results will not be shared.

<snipped>

TPD says they are not able to release any additional surveillance video at this time.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18115892/tpd-parents-have-taken-polygraph-test

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #763 on: May 17, 2012, 01:16:41 PM »

Would a kind Monkey who is much smarter than me and more adept at finding things please bump up the post from CW618 about cousin JM and the body harvesting?  I searched and apparently went right past it!  Sorry and thank in advance!
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #764 on: May 17, 2012, 01:23:21 PM »

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/cps-visited-isabel-s-home-in-december-tucson-police-confirm/article_8a0e22a3-f9a3-5df6-a4f1-163f280fad8f.html

CPS visited Isabel's home in December, Tucson police confirm

Pacheco said he was not familiar with the details of CPS' involvement with the Celis family, but during the earlier stages of the investigation detectives had spoken to CPS workers about the agency's history with the family.

Troubling to say the least.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #765 on: May 17, 2012, 01:47:30 PM »

Uncle: Isabel's parents glad they went on TV
Posted: May 03, 2012 2:11 PM PDT
Updated: May 03, 2012 4:20 PM PDT

Tucson Police confirmed today that the parents took polygraph tests early in the investigation.

Sgt. Maria Hawke said at a press conference, "It is accurate that the parents have done polygraph tests," but those results will not be shared.

<snipped>

TPD says they are not able to release any additional surveillance video at this time.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/18115892/tpd-parents-have-taken-polygraph-test

Is surveillance video key to solving missing girl investigation?
Posted: Apr 25, 2012 7:40 PM
Updated: Apr 25, 2012 7:40 PM

TUCSON - Police are investigating hundreds of leads regarding the disppearance of Isabel Celis, but one business in the area may have a big key to help solve the puzzle.

Rick Moore of Moore Security Solutions has surveillance cameras placed right outside his company--a company that is just feet away from Isabel Celis' family home.

Rick Moore said his cameras were on the watch the night Isabel disappeared.

"And the cameras that we have located in the back were looking where a lot of things were happening," said Moore.

Moore said he believes these cameras provide more information to police than any other nearby camera because of their location.

"In terms of maybe license plate numbers, cars going by - these cameras also have infrared technology so you can see at nighttime and that will help too, since the abduction occurred between 11 and 8 o'clock," said Moore.

Moore said on Saturday, his general manager spent about five hours with police, showing them surveillance video of the area, and on Monday, they were back again to review video and get a copy of activity from 10 p.m. Friday night to 9 a.m. Saturday morning.

"There was activity going on," he said. "There were vehicles...there were people wandering around. There were things that we saw and we did get recorded so that information we did release to the police."

<snipped>

http://www.kvoa.com/news/is-surveillance-video-key-to-solving-missing-girl-investigation-/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #766 on: May 17, 2012, 02:08:43 PM »

The 6:30 AM Commotion

NANCY GRACE
Celis Neighbor Heard Dogs Barking, Men`s Voices
Aired April 26, 2012 - 20:00   ET

<snipped>

ALICIA STARDEVANT, NEIGHBOR: .I got woken up by my dogs. They were barking their heads off. And I noticed two male voices outside my bedroom window. Their dogs were going insane, completely nuts.

<snipped>

GRACE: Oh, OK. So the dogs were not in the home. I thought they lived inside, inside dogs.

STARDEVANT: They`re usually outside. Whenever I`m home, I usually see them outside.

GRACE: So you heard the dogs, the Celis dogs, barking outside. How do you know that it was 6:30 AM?

STARDEVANT: Because I -- it was really early and I wanted to know what time it was, so I checked my cell phone real quick to see what time it was.

GRACE: Now, your...

STARDEVANT: And it was, like, 6:28.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/26/ng.01.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #767 on: May 17, 2012, 02:23:27 PM »

Uncle/Cousin Justin Mastromarino

Apr 22, 2012 10:45am
Open Window Shows Missing Tucson Girl Was Abducted, Parents Say

<snipped>

Celis’ family has no doubt she was kidnapped by a stranger.

“You don’t think anything like that would actually really happen to you. And all of sudden, you wake up one morning and you’re in that scenario. Everything goes through your mind, you’re angry, you’re upset, you’re frustrated, you’re confused,” said Isabel’s uncle and family spokesperson Justin Mastromarino.

Mastromarino said her family is a loving one.

“They’re very upset right now, mother is beside herself we’re just trying to let police do their thing and get as much info as possible,” said Mastromarino.

Mastromarino described his niece as “just a sweet little girl.”

“All the ambition in the world. She could do whatever she wanted. Didn’t really like strangers or anything like that so very close knitted and just very wise,” said Mastromarino.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/04/isabel-celis-6-year-old-girl-vanishes-from-tucson-arizona-home/

NANCY GRACE
Police Examine Security Camera Video in Isabel Celis Disappearance
Aired April 27, 2012 - 20:00   ET

GRACE:  With us, special guest Rick Moore, who had video cameras specifically trained on the Celis home. He describes seeing who he believes to be Isa`s father and uncle coming out of the home around 8:00 AM that morning, walking back and forth, apparently looking for Isa, we can surmise.

<snipped>

GRACE: ... is Isabel`s father and his brother, which would be Isabel`s uncle, walking around in front of the Celis home.

MOORE: Nancy, that`s conjecture on my part. I think that`s who it was. The police didn`t want us to speculate about who that

<snipped>

GRACE: Ellie, what time, do we know exactly, was the 911 call?

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Yes, exactly. It was 8:14. But police did say family did a quick search before they called

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/27/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
Police Eye Male Cousin in Celis Disappearance
Aired May 2, 2012 - 20:00:00   ET

NANCY GRACE, HLN HOST:  A source now claims police looking closely at Isabel`s male cousin, who once lived in the home ...

<sniped>

GRACE:  Straight out to Paul Birmingham, KNST. Paul, what is the latest? And what can you tell me about this male cousin to Isa?

PAUL BIRMINGHAM, KNST (via telephone): Right. This is what we`re hearing from our sources here in Tucson, that police are scrutinizing this individual. He does have a criminal background, so he has had contact with police before. At this point, it is unclear exactly what sorts of questions they might be asking him or exactly what that scrutiny could consist of.

<snipped>

GRACE: Right now, out to the Celis family home. Standing by, our producer on the scene, Greg Overzat. Greg, what can you tell me about this male cousin?

GREG OVERZAT, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Well, Nancy, about this cousin, it`s unclear why specifically he is being scrutinized by police, according to our source. He does have a criminal past. Now, that past only includes charges involving DUI, drug possession, those kind of things, nothing involving -- anything involving a child, sex assault, et cetera.

<snipped>

GRACE: We are live in Tucson. We learned tonight that police scrutinizing an adult male cousin, an adult male cousin that has referred to himself as Isabel`s uncle in the past.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/02/ng.01.html

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #768 on: May 17, 2012, 02:26:18 PM »

Where does Uncle/Cousin Justin Mastromarino fit into the family tree.

Thanks

Janet

_____

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #769 on: May 17, 2012, 02:41:55 PM »

Thanks

Janet

According to this link http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13016.msg1524900;topicseen#msg1524900 he is Isabel's uncle and Sergio's brother.  That seems to come from the NG transcript quoted in the post.  He was also referred to as "the family spokesperson" and Isabel's uncle/cousin.  Hope this helps   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #770 on: May 17, 2012, 02:44:06 PM »

Thanks

Janet

According to this link http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13016.msg1524900;topicseen#msg1524900 he is Isabel's uncle and Sergio's brother.  That seems to come from the NG transcript quoted in the post.  He was also referred to as "the family spokesperson" and Isabel's uncle/cousin.  Hope this helps   

Well, duh -- don't I look stupid.  Sorry to tell you nothing  you already didn't know, Janet. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #771 on: May 17, 2012, 02:52:05 PM »

Thanks

Janet

Well, duh -- don't I look stupid.  Sorry to tell you nothing  you already didn't know, Janet. 

Thanks for the response Flutter.

I was wondering if Justin was the brother of Mom or Dad.  Is he the nephew of Mom or Dad.  I am not even aware of Justin's age.

Thanks again.

I am off.  Life outside of this computer room beckons

Later, Janet
11:45 AM PT

_____

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #772 on: May 17, 2012, 03:57:41 PM »

Distressing to say the least, CPS should be required to say if the December case was cleared.

CPS involvement,  neighbors reporting dog violations-  again, centers around activity in the home.

Janet, to your point, Pacheco may not know the circumstances of the first investigation - frequently detectives in a high profile case will withhold sensitive investigative details from the PIO or spokesperson so they do not put them in a position of releasing something accidentally. 

Blink

I don't know but ... I feel strongly that  the Moore surveillance footage exposes the cover up ... the cover up that began following Becky's departure from the home at approximately 6:15 AM on the morning Isabel was reported missing.

Could it be that the words of Becky in the 911 tape do reflect the truth at that moment in time?  What she now suspects occured in the period that Sergio claims he fell asleep watching a baseball game prior to coming to bed is another issue.

Not to arouse suspicion with any cover up commotion ... could it be that Sergio made it appear that a deceased was sleeping.  Think about the the hit made by the police canine.

In the morning following Becky's departure at approximately 6:15 AM ...  I suspect that the cover up began.

The Cover Up?

01.  Justin is summoned for assistance.  Think about the report that investigators were investigating the elusive Justin ... the elusive Justin who was originally a spokesperson for the family ... the elusive Justin who has a criminal record ... the elusive Justin who resided with the Celis family at one time ... the elusive Justin who was caught on Moore surveillance footage outside the Celis home at 8:00 AM.

02.  Prior to Justin's arrival ... a deceased Isabel is wrapped in a blanket or concealed in a duffle bag and placed in the disabled vehicle in the driveway.  Think about the search warrant.

03.  Justin arrives.

04.  At 6:30 AM Sergio and Justin stage a kidnapping scene.  Isabel's bedroom window is opened and screen removed.  Think about the voices and barking dogs that awakens the neighbor.

05.  A deceased Isabel is removed from the disabled vehicle ... placed in Justin's vehicle and ... driven to a nearby location for disposal.

06.  Justin returns.

08.  Justin and Sergio go through the motions of a quick search outside the home.  Think about the Moore surveillance footage.

11.  Becky arrives home.

13.  The neighbor awakens again with the knocking on her door.  Justin and a police officer are on the other side of that door.

IMO

What time did Sergio allegedly wake the boys up?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #773 on: May 17, 2012, 04:09:14 PM »

The reason I'm asking the time Sergio allegedly woke up the boys is because Becky left at whatever time.

Justin was at the home at approx 8:00am, (per the Moore's video).

IF Justin was not in the home, which the family says they were home alone,
how long did it take him to get ready and get over to the Celis home, to be recorded on the Moore video at 8:00am?

At 8:14am, a call was made to 911 by Sergio Celis.  The children were conveinently out of the house during this call.  Could Sergio have been afraid of the boys saying something, which would be why he sent them out.

IF Sergio woke the kids up at 8:00am, wouldn't the call to 911 at 8:14am seem kind of jumping the gun and not really giving yourself time to make some phone calls, search the house/area, and the number 1 question~wouldn't you call your spouse and ask if they saw the child in the home before they left for work?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #774 on: May 17, 2012, 04:14:04 PM »

Blink

The Cover Up?

03.  Justin arrives.

06.  Justin returns.

11.  Becky arrives home.

IMO

I don't know exactly, but it must have been after he found Isabel missing because he sent them looking for her.  Sergio's original call, I think was after that, and around 8:14. 

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #775 on: May 17, 2012, 04:20:27 PM »

The reason I'm asking the time Sergio allegedly woke up the boys is because Becky left at whatever time.

Justin was at the home at approx 8:00am, (per the Moore's video).

IF Justin was not in the home, which the family says they were home alone,
how long did it take him to get ready and get over to the Celis home, to be recorded on the Moore video at 8:00am?

At 8:14am, a call was made to 911 by Sergio Celis.  The children were conveinently out of the house during this call.  Could Sergio have been afraid of the boys saying something, which would be why he sent them out.

IF Sergio woke the kids up at 8:00am, wouldn't the call to 911 at 8:14am seem kind of jumping the gun and not really giving yourself time to make some phone calls, search the house/area, and the number 1 question~wouldn't you call your spouse and ask if they saw the child in the home before they left for work?

I think the inconsistencies with the report of a missing Isabel and the time-mark stamps on the Moore tape are what the police are using to tie this case up.  I, like you, don't think they jive.  Where did Justin come from?  Does he live in the area or was staying near by, or even at the Celis house?  If so, where was he sleeping if Sergio was feel asleep on the couch watching the baseball game?  More than one couch? 

This puzzle just isn't coming together -- too many missing pieces.   

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #776 on: May 17, 2012, 04:28:18 PM »

I'm still thinking about Sergio's being disrespectful towards Becky:

1. I called her and told her to get her butt home - ha ha ha
2. Becky just walked in the door and she's freaking out.

He minimized and demeaned Becky - a bad attitude towards Becky at any time, let alone on the morning that her daughter's gone missing.

I'm now wondering if whatever happened to Isabel has something to do with his feelings toward Becky?

Maybe anger toward Becky, so he did something to Isabel...."I'll show you attitude" or took his anger with Becky out on Isabel.

He definately was expressing his attitude towards Becky that morning - so I'm wondering if that's a connection. He was showing attitude of all places, "during" the 911 call...almost "macho". I told her to get her butt home! Ha ha ha (like and unexpressed thought was - I told her by golly!)

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #777 on: May 17, 2012, 06:12:28 PM »

I don't think that he is macho..he is the opposite...i can tell 
cecilita
Monkey Junky

« Reply #778 on: May 17, 2012, 06:13:10 PM »

what kind of job the mother has that she has to be awake so early in the weekend
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #779 on: May 17, 2012, 06:26:06 PM »

Blink

Not to arouse suspicion with any cover up commotion ... could it be that Sergio made it appear that a deceased Isabel was sleeping.  Think about the the hit made by the police canine.

The Cover Up?

03.  Justin arrives.

06.  Justin returns.

07.  Sergio awakens the boys at 8:00 AM.

08.  The boys search.

09.  Justin and Sergio go through the motions of a quick search outside the home.  Think about the Moore surveillance footage.

10.  Sergio contacts Becky

11.  Sergio contact 911 at 8:14 AM.

12.  Becky arrives home.

IMO

Search continues for missing 6-year-old girl Sunday morning
04/22/2012 09:10 AM

TUCSON - Search efforts continue Sunday morning for missing 6-year-old Isabel Mercedes Celis.

The young girl was last seen around 11 p.m. Friday night at home, located in the 5600 block of East 12th Street, near Broadway Boulevard and Craycroft Road, according to Tucson Police Department spokeswoman Sgt. Maria Hawke.

Isabel's parents put her to bed at 11 p.m. Friday night, Hawke said. When her father went to wake her up around 8 a.m. Saturday, Isabel was gone. The family called police around 8:15 a.m.

<snipped>

http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.