March 29, 2024, 02:21:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tucson police search for missing 6-year-old girl - Isabel Mercedes Celis #1  (Read 573739 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #940 on: May 21, 2012, 07:44:53 PM »

Hubby and I are off for the evening ... dinner and a movie with friends.  If somebody come across the RAW video of today's media conference ... I would appreciate if the link was posted.

Thanks

Janet
4:40 PM PT

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #941 on: May 21, 2012, 09:05:46 PM »

http://www.azpm.org/news/story/2012/5/21/1714-police-recanvassing-area-near-isabels-home/

Police Recanvassing Area Near Isabel's Home Story
May 21, 2012

Tucson Police say they’re asking for more information from people who live and work in the area where 6-year-old Isabel Celis went missing a month ago.

They are circulating a new questionnaire to people who frequent the residential and business area of Tucson near Broadway and Craycroft, where the girl was last seen at her home.

The department hopes the questions will help provide specifics in the continuing investigation for the missing child, says Tucson Police Lt. Fabian Pacheco.

The questions are generally "regarding any unusual activity you may have seen in that area, any delivery, or solicitors, or service personnel that were in the neighborhood, any construction in this immediate area that’s our focus," Pacheco says.

Police also say they’re no longer providing regular media updates on the case.

“As the investigation goes on day and day, the amount of information that we come here and we’re able to share with you is less and less," Pacheco says, because most of the information they’re working on is too sensitive to release.

Further updates will be made as appropriate, he says, adding the reduction in regular news conferences is not an indication the investigation is waning.

He said Monday police plan to make contact again with about 150 people in 30 to 40 homes near the Celis family residence and are talking again to sex offenders in the area who have a history of assaulting children younger than 10.
 ::snipping2::
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #942 on: May 21, 2012, 09:17:41 PM »

http://www.kvoa.com/news/raw-video-police-will-hold-no-more-scheduled-conferences-on-celis-case/

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #943 on: May 21, 2012, 09:25:32 PM »

The following statement concerns me.  Why did Becky not say "the children" ... "our children".  Is Sergio the biological father of Isabel?

Janet

+++++

Isabel Celis: Mom Attends Vigil, Defends Husband
May 19, 2012

<snipped>

"My husband loves those boys, loves my daughter," she said of her husband, Sergio Celis. "He's a great husband, a great father to the boys and to Isabel. At the end of the day when Isabel comes home, everybody's questions will be answered."

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/isabel-celis-missing-girls-mom-defends-embattled-dad/story?id=16385286

I saw Becky talking about her husband but I don't think she believed what she was saying. She stumbled through her statements. If you believe (imo) and are adamant about what you are saying, you sound more convincing and don't stutter through it......I wasn't convinced.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #944 on: May 21, 2012, 09:42:53 PM »

Two-page document at link.  Chief of Police, News Release, Monday, May 21, 2012

http://azstarnet.com/search-for-isabel/pdf_e7d3c39e-a392-11e1-a6cc-0019bb2963f4.html

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #945 on: May 21, 2012, 09:57:27 PM »

In the Press Release above, police want assistance from the community in the investigation.  If they can answer any of the seven questions (page 2), they are requested to call in a tip.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: May 22, 2012, 02:48:13 AM »

Thanks you Mere

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #947 on: May 22, 2012, 12:52:37 PM »

http://www.kpho.com/story/18576318/pd-to-circle-back-with-sex-offenders-for-isabel-leads

sometimes law enforcement will make it appear they are scaling back as though they have lost interest
yet they are watching specific individuals.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #948 on: May 22, 2012, 01:31:58 PM »

http://www.kpho.com/story/18576318/pd-to-circle-back-with-sex-offenders-for-isabel-leads

sometimes law enforcement will make it appear they are scaling back as though they have lost interest
yet they are watching specific individuals.

I was thinking the same thing.  Becky Celis stated in an interview that Isabelle's uncle was out the night of the disappearance, so it's likely he frequently stayed at their home and perhaps even lived there, otherwise why would she even have mentioned it?

LE took two very clean pillows from the disabled car parked at the side of the Celis home.  This made me wonder if perhaps the uncle sleeps in that car when he gets home too late and doesn't want to waken the family.  LE is publicly leaning toward stranger abduction but I don't believe it was a stranger abduction and I don't believe they believe it was a stranger abduction.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: May 22, 2012, 03:03:01 PM »

I was thinking the same thing.  Becky Celis stated in an interview that Isabelle's uncle was out the night of the disappearance, so it's likely he frequently stayed at their home and perhaps even lived there, otherwise why would she even have mentioned it?

LE took two very clean pillows from the disabled car parked at the side of the Celis home.  This made me wonder if perhaps the uncle sleeps in that car when he gets home too late and doesn't want to waken the family.  LE is publicly leaning toward stranger abduction but I don't believe it was a stranger abduction and I don't believe they believe it was a stranger abduction.

Amys Sister

The spokespersons for the Isabel Celis investigation is all over the place in regards to what she/he claim in regards to suspicions.  The parent's have not been ruled out.  Extended family members have not been ruled out.  A stranger abuduction has not been ruled out.

Something akin to the Sierra Lamar case ... I believe there is unrevealed stuff happenings behind the scenes that implies investigators are putting together a solid case with all the i's dotted and t's crossed and ... when the time is right there will be an arrest/s.

Janet

++++++

The Sierra Lamar Case

Posted: 7:45 a.m. Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Arrest made in Sierra LaMar kidnapping and murder

<snipped>

Smith also revealed that Garcia-Torres has been linked by DNA to at least one of three sexual assaults in the Morgan Hill area in March 2009.

The Santa Clara County Sheriff said Garcia-Torres was linked to the disappearance not only by his red Jetta, but also by DNA evidence found in LaMar’s abandoned backpack and other evidence found in the car.

Garcia-Torres had been arrested for a prior felony assault and while he was prosecuted, his DNA was entered into a database.

The backpack containing LaMar’s clothing carefully folded clothing and other personal items had been found in a field near the missing girl’s within 48 hours of her March 16th disappearance.

"We have evidence that leads us to believe and we have probable cause to believe that he has committed the murder and kidnapping. We are charging him with murder,” Smith said. “It's very, very difficult to come to that position where we believe that she is dead."

Smith revealed that Garcia-Torres has been under constant surveillance by law enforcement since March 28th when investigators received forensic evidence .

”We had hoped he would lead us to Sierra,” she told reporters.

Authorities also studied video surveillance video from cameras located in the area and reviewed eyewitness reports to determine that the red Jetta with a distinctive black hood owned by Garcia-Torres was in LaMar’s neighborhood at the time of the disappearance.

Deputies impounded the car on April 7th and a forensic team searched it for clues.

<snipped>

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/arrest-made-sierra-lamar-kidnapping-and-murder/nPBnR/

The Isabel Celis Case

Tucson police to re-interview sex offenders in search for Isabel
May 21, 2012

Tucson police investigators will return to areas around the home of Isabel Celis to question residents who may not have been interviewed earlier in the search, an official said Monday.

Police will leave fliers at homes if they cannot immediately talk to residents, said Lt. Fabian Pacheco, a police spokesman, at Monday’s news briefing.

He said investigators have during the month-long investigation questioned about 540 registered sex offenders about the missing girl.

Police plan to re-interview about 257 Level 2 and Level 3 sex offenders whose crimes involved children 10 and younger, Pacheco said.

It will be up to the fourth time some of the sex offenders have been questioned in connection with Isabel’s disappearance.

Pacheco said the department is ending its regularly scheduled news briefings on the case. Informational updates will be sent through emails to the media, he said.

There is too little new information to provide the public in the search for Isabel, who was reported missing from her midtown home April 21, he said.

Pacheco said much of the information investigators are gathering at this point in the case are too sensitive to share openly with the public.

He said the end of scheduled police updates is not an indication that the effort to find the missing girl has slowed.

“We continue to explore every possible scenario in this case,” Pacheco said today.

<snipped>

He added that court documents filed in the case will remain sealed at the request of investigators.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/tucson-police-to-re-interview-sex-offenders-in-search-for/article_68256400-a38c-11e1-9ffc-0019bb2963f4.html

_____

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #950 on: May 22, 2012, 03:09:15 PM »

The following statement concerns me.  Why did Becky not say "the children" ... "our children".  Is Sergio the biological father of Isabel?

Janet

+++++

Isabel Celis: Mom Attends Vigil, Defends Husband
May 19, 2012

<snipped>

"My husband loves those boys, loves my daughter," she said of her husband, Sergio Celis. "He's a great husband, a great father to the boys and to Isabel. At the end of the day when Isabel comes home, everybody's questions will be answered."

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/isabel-celis-missing-girls-mom-defends-embattled-dad/story?id=16385286

I saw Becky talking about her husband but I don't think she believed what she was saying. She stumbled through her statements. If you believe (imo) and are adamant about what you are saying, you sound more convincing and don't stutter through it......I wasn't convinced.

Wendy Murphy said she RC was off "script", HLN (yesterday). I looked for the transcript and WM comment's, were not include in the transcript. I heard it with my own ears Smile

Imo, This is why she was stuttering and changing words, she was nervous and could not remember, her practiced script.

RC seems like a hard-boiled person. I wonder if grandma (up the road) raised the child?

RC worked a twelve hour shift and barely could have time to eat and sleep, let alone
taking time with a child. She seems so distance from the happy shining faced child. IMO

Cartfly, have a smoke for me Smile

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: May 22, 2012, 05:13:47 PM »

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/22/police-to-return-to-isabel-celis-neighborhood/?hpt=ng_mid

May 22nd, 2012
01:01 PM ET
Police to return to Isabel Celis’ neighborhood

Police said Monday they will return to the neighborhood where a 6-year-old Tucson girl was reported missing a month ago in hopes of speaking with residents who may not have been interviewed when the area was originally canvassed.

Tucson Police Lt. Fabian Pacheco told reporters at an afternoon press conference that officers investigating the disappearance of Isabel Celis also plan to re-interview all of the Level 2 and Level 3 sex offenders nearby whose crimes targeted children under 10 years old. They have spoken to more than 540 registered sex offenders since Isabel was reported missing on April 21.

Pacheco said police will distribute a new flyer that asks several questions of people living or working in the general vicinity of the Celis home:

•Did they see anything unusual before or since Isabel’s disappearance?
 •Were there delivery people or solicitors in the area during that time?
 •Has there been construction in the area?
 •Were there any yard sales, parties or other large gatherings before the incident?
 •Did they notice any unusual vehicles in the area prior to the disappearance?
 •Do they or their neighbors have surveillance camera at their homes?
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #952 on: May 22, 2012, 05:50:11 PM »

Where is Isabel Celis?
May 20, 2012
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1647897013001/where-is-isabel-celis
- 9:23 -

LE is "ninety percent" sure...(he must be looking for the "ten percent")

My source is the gentleman (on the left) on the panel on the video.

The 'adobe flash player' is needed, to view this Sad

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #953 on: May 22, 2012, 07:47:51 PM »

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/22/police-to-return-to-isabel-celis-neighborhood/?hpt=ng_mid

May 22nd, 2012
01:01 PM ET
Police to return to Isabel Celis’ neighborhood

Police said Monday they will return to the neighborhood where a 6-year-old Tucson girl was reported missing a month ago in hopes of speaking with residents who may not have been interviewed when the area was originally canvassed.

Tucson Police Lt. Fabian Pacheco told reporters at an afternoon press conference that officers investigating the disappearance of Isabel Celis also plan to re-interview all of the Level 2 and Level 3 sex offenders nearby whose crimes targeted children under 10 years old. They have spoken to more than 540 registered sex offenders since Isabel was reported missing on April 21.

Pacheco said police will distribute a new flyer that asks several questions of people living or working in the general vicinity of the Celis home:

•Did they see anything unusual before or since Isabel’s disappearance?
 •Were there delivery people or solicitors in the area during that time?
 •Has there been construction in the area?
 •Were there any yard sales, parties or other large gatherings before the incident?
 •Did they notice any unusual vehicles in the area prior to the disappearance?
 •Do they or their neighbors have surveillance camera at their homes?

thats pretty scaled back from this one, i think the 10%,is right,LE is trying to
eliminate,the outside pos sources,to narrow down to someone close to fam
PDF: Neighborhood canvass questionnaire for missing girl search
http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/pdf-neighborhood-canvass-questionnaire-for-missing-girl-search/pdf_bad3c29e-8f39-11e1-ac11-0019bb2963f4.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #954 on: May 23, 2012, 09:24:12 AM »

The fact that they are identifying those SO's in the area who's crimes had victims under the age of 10, suggests they are still following the intruder/SO abduction. 

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: May 23, 2012, 12:16:09 PM »

RAW VIDEO: Students release dozens of balloons for Isabel Celis

http://www.kvoa.com/news/raw-video-students-release-dozens-of-balloons-for-isabel-celis/
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #956 on: May 23, 2012, 02:59:52 PM »

The fact that they are identifying those SO's in the area who's crimes had victims under the age of 10, suggests they are still following the intruder/SO abduction. 

Agree.  So, that means they really aren't "honing in" on a person of interest.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #957 on: May 23, 2012, 03:04:16 PM »

Or - TPD wants a person of interest to "think" that they're looking at "others".

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #958 on: May 23, 2012, 05:06:47 PM »

No, that would mean they think it can be a SO, so they are ruling it out, which in effect would be considered "honing in", as they interview and cross off the list.

The other thing is, Sergio could have had to complete a drug analysis or a class based on the initial CPS involvement and due to the constant lack of agents from cut backs or whatever, could have fallen through the cracks.  When they realized their error, CPS could have backtracked and had Sergio's contact with his children suspended until this situation was resolved.

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #959 on: May 23, 2012, 11:40:16 PM »

No, that would mean they think it can be a SO, so they are ruling it out, which in effect would be considered "honing in", as they interview and cross off the list.

The other thing is, Sergio could have had to complete a drug analysis or a class based on the initial CPS involvement and due to the constant lack of agents from cut backs or whatever, could have fallen through the cracks.  When they realized their error, CPS could have backtracked and had Sergio's contact with his children suspended until this situation was resolved.

Absolute no contact, not even a phone call, sure sounds like a lot more than needing to merely complete a drug analysis or a class.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.