March 28, 2024, 10:11:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: From a Woman on the “Woman’s Economy”  (Read 1442 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« on: April 23, 2012, 12:17:03 PM »

http://kiradavis.net/from-a-woman-on-the-womans-economy/

Very interesting read from a woman's point of view.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 11:08:14 AM »

from the link above -

"The failing economy affects us both and that has nothing to do with our chromosomes. You see, my husband likes to eat food. So do I!..."

"Our children, our family, our future – all those things come up, but never our gender. In the end, the economy has nothing to do with breasts and testicles. It has to do with the people responsible for the economic direction of America making selfish, ill-informed and ridiculous choices that have done all but derail what was once the most robust, thriving economy on earth. Instead of working to secure our nation’s energy future, you ordered offshore drilling suspended and practically brought the economy of the Gulf region to a grinding halt. You reduced Wall Street confidence in our ability to produce or procure oil (which, despite your algae pipe dreams is still what we use to get around these days), driving up the price of gas to unheard of levels. You shoved a 2,000 page “healthcare” boondoggle down the throats of the American people that necessarily gutted Medicare and raised the cost of my family’s insurance premiums (insurance that we were HAPPY with, by the way) by nearly 190% in just one year."

"It’s petty and infuriating to people like me who are slowly watching all the dreams and hopes they had for their own children fade away into the bottomless pit of government. Indeed we are not a “special interest group”, so stop treating us that way. Stop trying to make us into people who are somehow detached from the day-to-day consequences of your horrific administration. "

Well said.  Could be written for almost any group being singled out as a special interest/victim status...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.