April 16, 2024, 07:16:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slavery - "It's not fair."  (Read 2938 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: April 24, 2012, 12:12:48 PM »

Slavery - "It's not fair."

Was slavery a 'fair' system?  The labor of some was confiscated by a minority of individuals?  I believe that slavery was the norm through most of human history.  Some, controlled others, and the others were 'forced' to labor.  Was slavery a fair system?

What did the slaves get inreturn for their labor?  Free food?  Free housing?  Free healthcare?  Education?  Religion?

Was slavery a 'fair' system.

If the slave was allowed to labor for their own profit in the 'off' time, were they still slaves?  Was it a fair system?

I imagine, if the slave masters had managed the language of slavery, the conversation about enslavement might go somthing like this -

"They can't manage on their own.  They need us.  Who will 'give' them food, housing, and other care?"

"They aren't really slaves, we allow them to work on their own time for their own labor."

"They aren't free to go, they have a lifetime contract, a contract without end, a social contract that will be paid for by their children, grandchildren, and generation withuot end."

What could be better than that?  Was it a fair system?

Hmmm...yeah it's not fair.  All these people in the big house have no 'income' - you, the more fortunate have a job and extra money in your pocket...don't you like the poor? 

Hmmm...yeath it's not fair.  The most fortunate among us have jobs and earn money.  So many poor people have no jobs.  What?  The folks in the big house go on onve vacation after another?  Don't work?  Yeah, it's not fair that the most fortunate among us have jobs and others have no income.  You need to share. What?  Are you against the unemployed?

How would today's Democrats get?

Hmmm...you don't deserve to keep any of your earnings...

Hmmm...we'll socialize your companies...your earnings...your hard work...

Hmmm...we deserve more because of our skin color...ethnic origin...lack of work/job/dreams...

Hmmm...we only want 90% of your labor...the rest of the 10% you may live on after state and local taxes...

The fortunate among us have jobs and businesses...need to provide for the less fortunate living in big and little houses...

Hmmm...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 12:21:27 PM »

I think "It's not fair." is a point of view.

There is the view point of the slaves, working people, who watch everything they make, earn, save, being destroyed/taxed away/confiscated by greedy politicians (modern day masters). 

Would slavery been better served over 100 years ago if they told the slaves they'd be able to work, but the master in the big house wanted his cut/tax/share first?  90%  Maybe 80% would be more fair?  Hmmm...30%?

What is fair for the slave class to keep?  When are the welfare classes going to contribute?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.