April 19, 2024, 07:39:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CNN Plays 911 Call in Erickson SWATting Case  (Read 1021 times)
Toler
Monkey Junky

« on: June 08, 2012, 08:45:09 PM »

Jume 8 '12

Today, CNN featured a story centering around CNN contributor and RedState managing editor Erick Erickson, the latest victim in a series of incidents in which an imposter mimics the phone number of a target, then calls the police and confesses to a violent crime. Such confessions often result in law enforcement personnel, many times special weapons and tactics teams (SWAT teams), responding to calls with full force, risking the life and health of the target. This tactic has been called SWATting by the FBI.

The CNN story featured the 911 phone call that led to Erickson’s SWATting on May 27, 2012. It can be heard below.On the heels of that SWATting, Breitbart News contributor Lee Stranahan decided to conduct a podcast late that same evening to discuss the incident; the podcast extended into the very early morning hours of May 28, 2012. Stranahan had invited guest Patrick Frey, a deputy district attorney at Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office who also blogs under the pseudonym Patterico, to offer insight into his own experience as a victim of SWATting. Frey was the target of a similar incident in June 2011, an account that Frey has detailed extensively at his own blog in recent weeks. Frey has also alleged a much broader, prolonged campaign of lawfare and harassment against a group of political writers. 

What followed on the May 28 podcast was shocking.   ::snipping2:: 
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/06/08/Erickson-CNN-SWATting

May 27 '12
BREAKING: Bogus Call Sends Police to Home of Kimberlin Critic Erick Erickson
 Filed under: General— Patterico @ 5:51 pm

He and his family are OK. He just put up the tweet minutes ago:

Erick Erickson@EWErickson

Sheriff is at my house. Someone spoofed my phone number and said someone had been shot at my house.

27 May 12 Reply
Retweet
Favorite

I asked him if he was serious and he said yes. Again, he said that he is OK, though. After he started writing about Kimberlin, he told the local Sheriff’s Department to expect this might happen:  ::snipping2::

http://patterico.com/2012/05/

Pretty scary, has happened a few times recently. Swat teams sent to homes...because of political differences. Look out Red!!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.