April 18, 2024, 09:58:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Theories  (Read 8196 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 23, 2012, 12:48:15 PM »

The strategy of Mary and Teresa's defense attorneys?  I theorize that Adams' siblings will be the star defense witnesses ... Adam Mayes' siblings who despise their youngest brother?  I contend the Adam's father, sister-in-law and mother-in-law will also be called upon by the defence to testify to affirm that Adam was a control freak.

+++++

Brother of Accused Killer, Kidnapper Says He's Glad He's Dead
Published: May 11, 2012
Updated: May 11, 2012 - 8:11 PM

<snipped>

Johnny lives in the Cowpens area of Cherokee County. He is eight years older than Adam, two of four siblings born to Mary Frances and Johnny Mayes. Johnny says the family moved around a lot, living in Texas, Florida, North Carolina, and South Carolina. He says about 16 years ago, they came to Cherokee County to live with his mother's brother. 

"That's when I parted ways with the family," says Johnny.

He says Adam's controlling, abusive behavior drove a wedge between him and his parents.

"They would do whatever he wanted," says Johnny. "Anyone who was close to Adam pretty much lived in fear. He was the person that you didn't want to cross. You didn't cross him because you knew the consequences would come down on you."

<snipped>

He says he and his siblings have decided they will not claim Adam's body and will not hold a funeral.

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/may/11/15/accused-kidnapper-murderer-adam-mayes-found-dead-g-ar-3770600/

Mayes' sister shares family secrets; 'Adam wanted a family'
Posted: May 17, 2012 1:38 PM PDT
Updated: May 18, 2012 2:54 AM PDT

<snipped>

It is hard for Pamela Bain to talk about what she says was a lifetime of abuse in the Mayes' household.

"When you internalize secrets and you don't get rid of them, they stick with you and they do internal mental damage to you," she explained.

Pamela is the oldest of six children. Adam Mayes was the youngest and by her account, the head of the household.

"Adam had no reason to be like he was, because from the time he was born, he was in charge, they gave total control over to him," Pamela said.

When she says ‘they', she is referring to her parents.

Their mother, Mary Frances, is in jail on charges that she helped Mayes kidnap Alexandria and Kyliyah Bain.

Their father, Johnny, now lives with his son in South Carolina.

"He was in total control of them, they had no will power, no voice and after they pushed us kids away, we could no longer protect our mom and dad," said Pamela. "He was very much a mind manipulator, he would say what he wanted you to do in a way that made you want to do it."

<snipped>

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18503652/adam-mayes-sister-shares-family-secrets-he-was-very-much-a-mind-manipulator

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 01:32:37 PM »

THE DEFENSE OF MARY AND TERESA?

I theorize that Adam's brother, sister, sister-in-law and mother-in-law will be called upon by Mary and Teresa's attorneys in their defence.

++++++

Control Freak

Teresa Mayes' mother: 'Adam was a control freak'
Posted: May 11, 2012 1:25 PM PDT
Updated: May 11, 2012 1:25 PM PDT

MEMPHIS, TN - (WMC-TV) - Adam Mayes' mother-in-law appeared on the Today Show to talk about Mayes and her daughter Teresa, who is charged with first degree murder and especially aggravated kidnapping in this case.

<snipped>

Tate claims Mayes was a brutal, sometimes violent man, who, as a child, maintained control of his parents and later his wife.

"He made her cut off all ties with all of her family. Adam would not even allow Teresa to attend her father's funeral. Adam was a control freak," Tate said.

Tate's initial elation has now turned into panic and fear for her daughter, who faces first degree murder and kidnapping charges. She finds it difficult to accept her daughter's involvement in such a brutal crime.

"Yes it is difficult to accept, but at the same time, I know that she was scared of Adam. I know that she was coerced and manipulated and forced to do the things that she did," Tate said in her daughter's defense.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18312494/teresa-mayes-mother-adam-was-a-control-freak

A Very Agressive Person

ANDERSON COOPER 360 DEGREES
Aired May 8, 2012 - 20:00   ET

<snipped>

COOPER: Bobbi, you say that your sister, Teresa told you over the phone last week that she knew Adam had killed Joanne Bain and her daughter and she knew where the bodies were buried?

BOBBI BOOTH, SISTER OF TERESA MAYES: That's true. The investigators -- I actually called the investigators on Saturday because the statements she was making were concerning me.

Because my sister is -- I don't know how to put this, she's a slow learner and she's very dependent and I just felt like the comments she was making were scary. So I called the Hardman County Sheriff's Department and they stated that they were already aware of what she was saying. So it made no sense to me why it took so long to tell who the bodies were.

COOPER: What else did your sister tell you?

BOOTH: The main thing was just about the bodies and she did say that Adam had threatened to kill her and that she was scared to death.

<snipped>

BOOTH: Her attorney called me today and my sister had already made the statement that Adam had threatened to kill her as well.

COOPER: So you're saying that's why she was involved because she feared for her own life?

BOOTH: Right. Yes. He is a very aggressive. He has beat her several times, very aggressive person.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/08/acd.01.htm

Johnny says there is one positive thing to come out of the madness: after 16 years of not seeing his father, he went to Mississippi Thursday to get him and bring him back to Cherokee County.

"Last night, he was sleeping in one recliner and I was in the other one, and I said, 'I love you dad', and he looked over at me and said, 'I love you, son'," said Johnny, tears welling in his eyes. "So I'm going to enjoy the rest of his life."

l

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 01:51:15 PM »

THE DEFENSE OF MARY AND TERESA?

I theorize that Adam's father, brother, sister, sister-in-law and mother-in-law will be called upon by Mary and Teresa's attorneys to testify in their defence.  They will attest to Adam's controlling/manipulative ways.

++++++

Adam's Mother-In-Law - Witness for the Defence?

Teresa Mayes' mother: 'Adam was a control freak'
Posted: May 11, 2012 1:25 PM PDT
Updated: May 11, 2012 1:25 PM PDT

MEMPHIS, TN - (WMC-TV) - Adam Mayes' mother-in-law appeared on the Today Show to talk about Mayes and her daughter Teresa, who is charged with first degree murder and especially aggravated kidnapping in this case.

<snipped>

Tate claims Mayes was a brutal, sometimes violent man, who, as a child, maintained control of his parents and later his wife.

"He made her cut off all ties with all of her family. Adam would not even allow Teresa to attend her father's funeral. Adam was a control freak," Tate said.

Tate's initial elation has now turned into panic and fear for her daughter, who faces first degree murder and kidnapping charges. She finds it difficult to accept her daughter's involvement in such a brutal crime.

"Yes it is difficult to accept, but at the same time, I know that she was scared of Adam. I know that she was coerced and manipulated and forced to do the things that she did," Tate said in her daughter's defense.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18312494/teresa-mayes-mother-adam-was-a-control-freak

Adam's Sister-In-Law - Witness for the Defence?

ANDERSON COOPER 360 DEGREES
Aired May 8, 2012 - 20:00   ET

<snipped>

COOPER: Bobbi, you say that your sister, Teresa told you over the phone last week that she knew Adam had killed Joanne Bain and her daughter and she knew where the bodies were buried?

BOBBI BOOTH, SISTER OF TERESA MAYES: That's true. The investigators -- I actually called the investigators on Saturday because the statements she was making were concerning me.

Because my sister is -- I don't know how to put this, she's a slow learner and she's very dependent and I just felt like the comments she was making were scary. So I called the Hardman County Sheriff's Department and they stated that they were already aware of what she was saying. So it made no sense to me why it took so long to tell who the bodies were.

COOPER: What else did your sister tell you?

BOOTH: The main thing was just about the bodies and she did say that Adam had threatened to kill her and that she was scared to death.

<snipped>

BOOTH: Her attorney called me today and my sister had already made the statement that Adam had threatened to kill her as well.

COOPER: So you're saying that's why she was involved because she feared for her own life?

BOOTH: Right. Yes. He is a very aggressive. He has beat her several times, very aggressive person.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/08/acd.01.htm

Adam's Father - Witness for the Defense?

Brother of Accused Killer, Kidnapper Says He's Glad He's Dead
Published: May 11, 2012
Updated: May 11, 2012 - 8:11 PM

<snipped>

Johnny says there is one positive thing to come out of the madness: after 16 years of not seeing his father, he went to Mississippi Thursday to get him and bring him back to Cherokee County.

"Last night, he was sleeping in one recliner and I was in the other one, and I said, 'I love you dad', and he looked over at me and said, 'I love you, son'," said Johnny, tears welling in his eyes. "So I'm going to enjoy the rest of his life."

<snipped>

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/may/11/15/accused-kidnapper-murderer-adam-mayes-found-dead-g-ar-3770600/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 01:53:16 PM »

Klaas/Mods

Please delete my second post (Reply #1).  I clicked "Post" prior to completing.

Thanks

Janet

_____

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.