April 26, 2024, 12:40:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JO ANN (JODIE) BAIN AND 3 DAUGHTERS MISSING 4/27/2012(2 murdered 2 safe)  (Read 546163 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #400 on: May 09, 2012, 10:20:56 AM »

So, the talk of Jo Ann Bains once dating AM is, again, coming from the sister of his ex wife.  Who's to say that everything Teresa Mayes told her sister didn't come straight from AM?  Until LE says otherwise, I refuse to believe anything that connects a victim to a perp through her own supposed actions, thereby, pointing an accusing finger at the victim.  Not fair when this woman is dead and unable to defend herself.

As for Gary Bains and his presence during the initial days of the search....maybe the TBI and FBI told him to stay quiet for the sake of his family's lives.  I'd probably follow their advice.  They are the pros.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #401 on: May 09, 2012, 10:22:22 AM »

Discussions last night on one of the talking heads show about why there has been no information given out about what vehicle the kids could be in. How do citizens know what kind of car to be on the look out for?

I've been wondering about whether they think he is stealing cars and they aren't sure of what he might be driving around in?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #402 on: May 09, 2012, 11:00:12 AM »

I cannot comprehend fathers being too devastated to reach out through the media to a longtime family friend for the safe return of their precious children?  It is not about them ... it is about the girls.

Janet

++++++

Hardeman county residents gather to remember and pray for Bain family
Posted: May 08, 2012 7:54 PM PDT
Updated: May 08, 2012 9:13 PM PDT

<snipped>

Gary Bain, the husband of Jo Ann Bain and the biological father of 8 year old Kaliyah is too upset to talk right now.  Mark Johnson the biological father of 14 year old Adrienne and Alexandria is also too upset to talk. Relatives say they are devastated.

<snipped>

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18237179/hardeman-county-residents-gather-to-remember-and-pray-for-bain-family

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #403 on: May 09, 2012, 11:05:49 AM »

Discussions last night on one of the talking heads show about why there has been no information given out about what vehicle the kids could be in. How do citizens know what kind of car to be on the look out for?

NANCY GRACE
Manhunt for Adam Mayes
Aired May 8, 2012 - 20:00   ET

<snipped>

GRACE: To you, Ellie Jostad, what do we know? What`s he driving?

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE CHIEF EDITORIAL PRODUCER: Well, Nancy, that`s one of the big problems here that we don`t know if he`s in a vehicle, and if he is, what type of vehicle it is. But something we know about the suspect, he is a mechanic. He`s very good with cars. It`s possible he could even steal a car and be using that. We don`t have a vehicle description.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/08/ng.01.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #404 on: May 09, 2012, 11:16:42 AM »

I cannot comprehend fathers being too devastated to reach out through the media to a longtime family friend for the safe return of their precious children?  It is not about them ... it is about the girls.

Janet

++++++

Hardeman county residents gather to remember and pray for Bain family
Posted: May 08, 2012 7:54 PM PDT
Updated: May 08, 2012 9:13 PM PDT

<snipped>

Gary Bain, the husband of Jo Ann Bain and the biological father of 8 year old Kaliyah is too upset to talk right now.  Mark Johnson the biological father of 14 year old Adrienne and Alexandria is also too upset to talk. Relatives say they are devastated.

<snipped>

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18237179/hardeman-county-residents-gather-to-remember-and-pray-for-bain-family

Considering what that longtime "Friend" has done.. I don't believe that any reaching out to him will help and I don't know that it has ever helped in any case. Yes.. you can say "but they didn't go through the motions of trying to reach out" However.. we don't know what has been told to them from the authorities.

How about this.. AM may believe they are his children and maybe the actual father reaching out to him antagonizes AM into doing something to the children (if they are still even safe.) I think this is a very volatile situation and I trust that the authorities have sized it/him up and are advising these people.

I understand we can question every aspect of a case and pick the actions of every person apart. But I like to place blame, investigate, and question the actions of the person who currently has these two young girls and who has apparently murdered their mother and sister. And the people who are now in custody for helping him.

Yes, these girls were allowed to come into contact with this man and I bet the fathers are beating themselves up over it enough and questioning their decisions as they try to sleep at night knowing what they have lost (or may have).

Without having knowledge about what they have been advised to do by the authorities.. I won't question their actions in the media. Because this is still a very volatile and fluid situation and they have know idea what their words could incite AM to do.

Imagine walking on a field that you know is filled with mines and any motion could possibly set one off. That is probably what they are feeling right now.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #405 on: May 09, 2012, 11:17:04 AM »

Haslam offers $15K award in missing sisters case

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Governor Bill Haslam has issued a $15,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the case of a man suspected of killing a Tennessee woman and her teenage daughter and fleeing with her two younger girls.

::snipping2::

Haslam's reward is in addition to $50,000 offered by the FBI and U.S. Marshals Service and $6,000 from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

http://www.newschannel9.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.tn/23440055-www.newschannel9.com.shtml

That is a total of $71,000 reward now to find him.  Surprised there are not people going out on their own looking for him in the hopes of getting the reward.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: May 09, 2012, 11:18:13 AM »

Does the analysis of former profiler Clint Van Zandt reflect the truth regarding the happenings that led up to the tragic change of events?

Janet

++++

VIDEO

Today:   New arrests in murder of Tenn. mother and daughter

May 9: Officials have arrested the mother and ex-wife of Adam Mayes, the man suspected of killing  Jo Ann Bain and her 14-year-old daughter after kidnapping them along with Bain’s two other daughters during a vacation in Tennessee. Police are still searching for Mayes and Bain’s still-missing daughters. NBC’s Thanh Truong reports and former FBI profiler Clint Van Zandt offers analysis of the crime.

Aired: 09/05/12

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/new-arrests-in-murder-of-tenn-mother-and-daughter/17y21l52a?cpkey=eb0ffcc4-13bb-415f-880d-e730034b3afd%7C%7C%7C%7C

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: May 09, 2012, 11:23:21 AM »

Ervin, 16, said she and her friends have been shaken by the kidnapping and deaths.

She also said Mayes spent time at the park. He would often come see the Bain girls play, she said. Megan Ervin's mother Pam said she also saw Mayes hanging out at the park.

"It's just shocking. It could have been any of us, really, because he was always here and everybody saw him," Megan said. "He was around all these kids all the time."

She recoiled, saying, "No," when asked if she had ever spoken with Mayes.

"When I first saw him, I kind of had a bad vibe about him, so I just kind of stayed away," Ervin said. "But then I saw him here all the time and I figured he's no threat to us because he's always here. Obviously, that wasn't true."

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/be266570438c46c3ac09a153303639a0/US-Missing-Sisters/
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #408 on: May 09, 2012, 11:28:22 AM »

So, the talk of Jo Ann Bains once dating AM is, again, coming from the sister of his ex wife.  Who's to say that everything Teresa Mayes told her sister didn't come straight from AM?  Until LE says otherwise, I refuse to believe anything that connects a victim to a perp through her own supposed actions, thereby, pointing an accusing finger at the victim.  Not fair when this woman is dead and unable to defend herself.

As for Gary Bains and his presence during the initial days of the search....maybe the TBI and FBI told him to stay quiet for the sake of his family's lives.  I'd probably follow their advice.  They are the pros.

Yes, definitely do not know it as a fact.  Personally, I was just commenting on it...which I find okay...it doesn't matter if she did or didn't...HE is of course the one to blame here.  He is the one that killed two people and is holding captive two others. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #409 on: May 09, 2012, 11:29:34 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys and Guest!

I was praying as I turned on the computer that the girls had been found while I slept.

I have gotten so confused with all the locations and news reports. Adam was said to live with his parents. Is the double wide mobile home where they lived? Then another news report said his mother and ex-wife lived in Guntown. Now there is another report stating he had rented a trailer in another area. Somebody please help me understand. Did they live in Alpine or Guntown? And where is Adam's Dad. Not a word on him.

The double wide trailer they rented is where he is reported to have lived with the parents and ex-wife by some reports.  Some reports are saying Union County others are saying Guntown.  IMO they are in Union County and Guntown is the closest town.  I could be wrong.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: May 09, 2012, 11:31:27 AM »

I am really bothered by the survalience tape released.  We know by this time the mom and oldest daughter were already dead.  Where were the two younger girls while he was buying a soda and discussing his new haircut?  I have a bad, bad feeling.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: May 09, 2012, 11:36:26 AM »

TODAY SHOW - ANN CURRY AND CLINT VAN ZANDT

May 9, 2012
New arrests in murder of Tenn. mother and daughter

<snipped>

(Ann) >> nbc news analyst clint van zandt is a former fbi profiler. good morning to you.

(Clint) >> hi, ann , good morning.

(Ann) >> help us understand. what could possibly motivate a man who is a family friend to kidnap a mother and three girls in this way?

(Clint) >> well, what we haven't heard yet, ann , is the relationship between the alleged kidnapper, the adult victim, and the children here. there are a lot of stories going around about possible special relationships that may have existed. and the kidnapping itself may have been some type of panic on the part of the suspect, ann , where the victim, the adult victim and her three daughters were moving from tennessee , they were moving west, and if he had this special relationship , and he saw them leaving, this may have been a panicked reaction on his part. a terribly panicked reaction.

(Ann) >> what do you mean by special relationships? in other words, what kind of relationships would cause the kind of emotions that could be connected, as you look at cases, you look at cases all kinds of cases that could explain this behavior?

(Clint) >> well, part of that special relationship , there are allegations, perhaps, that the -- that the kidnapper may have had a ongoing relationship with the adult woman. that that may have been there. there also have been suggestions that he may have even been a biological father to one of the children. these are all stories that we don't know yet, ann . i think the fbi knows the answers. and i think the fbi has kind of put a cone of silence on this, because even right now, there's a good chance that the suspect is watching us, he's trying to develop information. i think the fbi wants to keep this case as tight as they can. because we've got three lives in danger right now. the two missing girls , as well as the suspect himself.

(Ann) >> meantime, prosecutors, as we just heard, have charged adam mayes ' mother and also his wife now why would a wife and a spouse aid and abet a crime such as this?

(Clint) >> yeah, i've seen this before, ann , where a girlfriend, or a wife, or a spouse will help. a lot of times it's just because it's what my husband, it's what my wife wants. other times, it's because of fear. it's because the wife or the ex-wife has been threatened. she's been in a fearful state all of her life. and when she's told to do something, as terrible as this is, she does it. but again, the authorities are trying to figure out the inner relationship between all of these people. what's tantamount right now is the lives of these two little girls . and this guy, if he's watching you and i right now, he has the the -- he has the ability to do something right. whatever he's done in the past is over with. but these are two young girls , they have their whole lives ahead of them, and he has the ability, if they're still alive, to bring them to the authorities, to help end this thing in a -- the best, positive manner we can. and we hope he takes that choice, ann .

(Ann) >> clint van zandt . thank you so much for saying that and for joining us this morning.

Clint) >> okay. thank you.

<snipped>

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/47351624#47351624

_____

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #412 on: May 09, 2012, 11:40:38 AM »

The family was reported missing on April 27th by Gary Bain. That`s the husband. He woke up in the middle of the night, found his wife was gone. Tries to reach her on the cell phone, gets no answer. Then the next day he doesn`t see the kids come off the school bus. That`s when he notifies authorities.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/08/ng.01.html

Something's not right with this scenario.  Hubby and JoAnne are asleep.  JoAnn and the three girl's are abducted by at least the two women, mamma and ex-wife, and the husband, Gary Bain, doesn't hear anything -- he sleeps right through the abduction? 

Either he sleeps in a coma or the wife and girl's crept out very quietly while under the duress of their kidnappers.  Supposedly JoAnn and the eldest girl. Adrienne, were beat up pretty badly.  When did that happpen?  After they were outside of the house?  Instead of a kidnapping, was this a plan to get away from Bain that turned into a kidnapping?

I admit it; I am confused.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: May 09, 2012, 11:47:46 AM »

GUNTOWN — Heavily-armed FBI agents and authorities from Mississippi and Tennessee resumed searching woods and back roads Wednesday for what they said was a dangerous man suspected of killing a Tennessee woman and her teenage daughter and fleeing with her two younger girls.

http://www.djournal.com/view/full_story/18514013/article-Search-continues-for-kidnap-slaying-suspect?instance=lead_story_left_column
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: May 09, 2012, 11:56:06 AM »

jill_monier ‏ @jill_monier
Announcement expected in Guntown,MS today. FBI only has 9 on it's 10 most wanted list right now,so there's space for Adam Mayes. #justsaying

https://twitter.com/#!/jill_monier
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #415 on: May 09, 2012, 11:57:01 AM »

jill_monier ‏ @jill_monier
Confirmed: FBI just added adam mayes to it's top 10 most wanted list They're annoucing it at 2pm today in Guntown. Im headed that way.

https://twitter.com/#!/jill_monier
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: May 09, 2012, 11:59:31 AM »

The family was reported missing on April 27th by Gary Bain. That`s the husband. He woke up in the middle of the night, found his wife was gone. Tries to reach her on the cell phone, gets no answer. Then the next day he doesn`t see the kids come off the school bus. That`s when he notifies authorities.

Something's not right with this scenario.  Hubby and JoAnne are asleep.  JoAnn and the three girl's are abducted by at least the two women, mamma and ex-wife, and the husband, Gary Bain, doesn't hear anything -- he sleeps right through the abduction? 

Either he sleeps in a coma or the wife and girl's crept out very quietly while under the duress of their kidnappers.  Supposedly JoAnn and the eldest girl. Adrienne, were beat up pretty badly.  When did that happpen?  After they were outside of the house?  Instead of a kidnapping, was this a plan to get away from Bain that turned into a kidnapping?

According to TBI spokesperson Kristin Helm ... Gary discoverved his family missing when he awaken in the morning.

It was not only Gary who was not waken by any commotion  when four members of his family left the home sometime prior to morning.  Gary's grown daughter did not waken.

Janet

++++

Kristin Helm - TBI Spokesperson

Authorities: Alleged kidnapper of Tenn. woman, 3 daughters was considered like an uncle
Updated: Monday, May 7, 1:19 AM

<snipped>

Jo Ann Bain and her daughters were last seen in their home early April 27, according to Kristin Helm, a spokeswoman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

Mayes and Gary Bain had long been acquainted, having once been married to sisters. Helm said he was viewed as an uncle.

“Mayes is a family friend who was staying there that night to help the family pack and drive a U-Haul to Arizona the next day with Gary because the family was planning on moving there within the month,” Helm said. “Gary was asleep at the home that night and woke to find them gone in the morning and the car gone. Mayes was gone too.”

Gary Bain woke up after the kids typically went to school so he didn’t expect to see them, Helm said. But then he tried calling his wife on her cell phone during the day and couldn’t reach her.

When the girls didn’t get off the school bus, he reported them missing to the sheriff’s office that evening.

Helm said Gary Bain’s adult daughter and his granddaughter had also spent the night at the family’s home, but that the grown daughter didn’t see Jo Ann or the girls the next morning. And the car was missing.

<snipped>

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/authorities-alleged-kidnapper-of-tenn-woman-3-daughters-was-considered-like-an-uncle/2012/05/07/gIQANa5M7T_story.html

_____

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #417 on: May 09, 2012, 12:16:06 PM »

Just because someone doesn't use the media, doesn't mean they don't care or are not concerned.  Many people are not media savy and they have a right to fear how the media of today will report what they say.  It is highly probable the authorities are advising this family so as not to further endanger the children -- that is the priority IMO.  To insinuate not going to the media is a failure on the part of this father about nor caring his daughters, is in my opinion only, very cruel and uncalled for.
All JMO.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #418 on: May 09, 2012, 12:18:59 PM »

flutter, I hear what you are saying.  Many times I sleep like I am in a coma when I realize later on the activity that has been happening around me.  My guess, and it is only a guess, is there was much duress happening that night.
I am confused too.

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #419 on: May 09, 2012, 12:38:50 PM »

Thanks, Janet, I had read that article.  So add two more people to the house.  How big must that house have been? 

And what kind of car was used to transport the victims.  There were two or three kidnappers and four victims.  I have a mini-van that holds 7, but most cars are straining with five.  Unless a couple of them were thrown in the trunk. 

And what is the deal with the uncertain parentage of one or more of the girls?  Did JoAnn and Gary break up for awhile?  He evidently took her back and acknowledged paternity despite knowledge to the contrary. 

I need more facts for this case to make any sense at all. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.