March 28, 2024, 06:52:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JO ANN (JODIE) BAIN AND 3 DAUGHTERS MISSING 4/27/2012(2 murdered 2 safe)  (Read 541441 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2012, 10:38:43 PM »

Thanks Klaas.

Why has the husband/father not reached out to this "family friend" through the media ... reached out and pleaded for the safe return of his family?  What about the father of the two eldest girls?

Janet

Why was the discription of Jo-Anne's vehicle never released prior to being found abandoned?  Why is the description of Adam's vehicle not included in the Amber Alert and/or FBI Media Release?

Janet

Father of the two older girls has a facebook and he's very upset BUT he gave up his rights to the girls by letting the Jo Ann's current husband adopt the girls.  I have no idea why BAIN isn't all over the news.  I have a feeling the FBI and LE have told him not to.

If I knew for certain who was holding members of my family hostage ... no power on earth could shut me up.  Maybe ... just maybe ... the outcome would have been different if the husband/father had reached out to the longtime "family friend" at the getgo.

IMO

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #141 on: May 06, 2012, 10:44:18 PM »

http://www.wtva.com/news/local/story/Sheriff-Autopsies-today-on-bodies-found-in-wanted/Mcl77dXCVEKq7fvrsguphw.cspx

Sheriff: Autopsies today on bodies found in wanted man's yard

Published: 1:37 pm
Updated: 1:40 pm

ALPINE, Miss. (WTVA) — Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards says autopsies will be performed Sunday on two bodies found in the backyard of a man wanted in connection with the abduction of a mother and her three daughters.

According to Edwards, those bodies were discovered late Friday or early Saturday behind the home of 35-year-old Adam Mayes. 

Mayes is accused of abducting 31-year-old Jo Ann Bain of Hardeman County, Tenn., and her daughters: 14-year-old Adrienne, 12-year-old Alexandria and 8-year-old Kyliyah. 

The four were reported missing on April 27.  Law enforcement says Mayes was last seen in Guntown on May 1.  His home is located in the Alpine area, which is between Baldwyn and New Albany.

The sheriff adds that law enforcement knows the identities on the bodies but cannot release that information yet.

Edwards says a command post is being set up at the Alpine Volunteer Fire Department as the investigation proceeds.

::snipping2::

BUMP  For everyone asking why the bodies haven't been id'd yet...  The article Klaas posted says they've been identified:

"The sheriff adds that law enforcement knows the identities on the bodies but cannot release that information yet."  Either media hasn't caught on yet and articles are still out there and not updated or what, I couldn't say.  But according to this article, they've been id'd, and the information is being held. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #142 on: May 06, 2012, 10:50:28 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=233010266800772&set=a.132442846857515.18538.100002754022276&type=3

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #143 on: May 06, 2012, 10:50:37 PM »

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18074161/warrant-issued-for-family-friend-of-missing-hardeman-county-family
Their SUV was discovered in a field near their home earlier this week, but the Sheriff said there were no tracks leading away from the SUV.

The family was planning to move to Arizona last weekend because one of the children has asthma.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #144 on: May 06, 2012, 10:58:27 PM »

http://www.djournal.com/view/full_story/18479068/article-UPDATE--Law-enforcement-searching-in-Union-County?instance=home_news_right

UPDATE: Law enforcement searching in Union County
by Wire and staff reports
4 hrs 35 mins ago

Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards tells Daily Journal reporter Errol Castens officers cannot be certain that Adam Mayes, the suspect in the disappearance of a Hardeman County, Tenn., family, is still near his home near the Alpine community of Union County.

The suspicion must be strong, however, as dozens of law enforcement vehicles and scores of officers continue to be assembled at East Union High School, where the Union County Urban Search and Rescue trailer serves as a command post.

In addition to Union County Sheriff Department, some of the agencies visible include Desoto County Sheriff Department, Tupelo Police Department, Mississippi Highway Patrol (including MHP's Special Operations Group) and Yazoo-Mississippi Delta Levee District.
Edwards said he expects officers to be in the area "at least through tonight."

Read more: djournal.com - UPDATE Law enforcement searching in Union County
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #145 on: May 06, 2012, 11:05:18 PM »

Do they have no idea of what kind of vehicle he is driving?  He had to have some type of transportation to take an adult and 3 children out of the state.  Was anything reported stolen?  Did the Bain's have another vehicle?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #146 on: May 06, 2012, 11:45:48 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Jo-Ann-Thompson-Bain-and-Girls/383639408343945?filter=1

Amy White Wigington I am from the area in MS where he lived. We are being told that he is believed to be on foot in a heavily wooded area just a few miles from where he lived.
11 minutes ago · Like

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #147 on: May 06, 2012, 11:58:23 PM »

http://www.abc24.com/news/local/story/Neighbors-Fear-Kidnapper-Killed-Missing-Tennessee/qg6-gT6rvEOzz7Gw2TSD1A.cspx?rss=59

Neighbors Fear Kidnapper Killed Missing Tennessee Family After 2 Unidentified Bodies

Union County deputies say Mayes is a friend of the Bain family. Neighbors tell abc24 news he would frequently bring Jo Ann Bain's 3 daughters to his trailer home in Alpine, Mississippi. That's about 100 miles southeast of Memphis. Patterson says he's been living there for more than 2 years with a wife and his parents. She says one of the 3 Bain girls may have belonged to him.

"He thought one was but as far as actually knowing for sure he didn't,” said Patterson.

But Mayes would tell his friends all 3 were his daughters.

"He has pictures of them on his phone,” Miller said. “He made us all think that was his kids."

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #148 on: May 06, 2012, 11:59:49 PM »

What a mess this is getting to be
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2012, 12:00:01 AM »

The plot thickens.

Janet

+++++

Authorities Try to ID Bodies, Search for Mom, Kids
WHITEVILLE, Tenn. May 6, 2012 (AP)

<snipped>

On Sunday, forensic scientists with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation searched the garage and backyard at the Hardeman County, Tenn. home where Bain, her husband and their children lived.

An Associated Press reporter saw the agents searching before being told to leave the street where the home was located. Bain's husband declined to comment Sunday.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fbi-works-id-dead-mom-kids-missing-16289202

Was husband/father staying behind when Jo-Ann and the girls were moved to Arizona?

Janet

++++

Authorities Try to ID Bodies, Search for Mom, Kids
WHITEVILLE, Tenn. May 6, 2012 (AP)

<snipped>

Meanwhile, a Bain family friend said Sunday that the woman and her daughters were moving to Arizona because two of the girls had asthma.

<snipped>

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2012, 12:02:21 AM »

Do they have no idea of what kind of vehicle he is driving?  He had to have some type of transportation to take an adult and 3 children out of the state.  Was anything reported stolen?  Did the Bain's have another vehicle?

I've never seen anything official on what vehicle he was in.

I did read a Facebook comment, from someone that I thought could know...that they didn't know what he was driving because all of his known vehicles had been accounted for.

I can't find the comment now.

I've wondered if he didn't buy a vehicle or trade for one just for this; one that wouldn't be registered to him just yet...and wouldn't be recognized as his?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2012, 12:07:36 AM »

I did read a Facebook comment, from someone that I thought could know...that they didn't know what he was driving because all of his known vehicles had been accounted for.

I've wondered if he didn't buy a vehicle or trade for one just for this; one that wouldn't be registered to him just yet...and wouldn't be recognized as his?

Wasn't there a rumor that he sold all his stuff including his motorcycle?

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #152 on: May 07, 2012, 12:18:09 AM »

http://www.abc24.com/news/local/story/Neighbors-Fear-Kidnapper-Killed-Missing-Tennessee/qg6-gT6rvEOzz7Gw2TSD1A.cspx?rss=59

Neighbors Fear Kidnapper Killed Missing Tennessee Family After 2 Unidentified Bodies

Union County deputies say Mayes is a friend of the Bain family. Neighbors tell abc24 news he would frequently bring Jo Ann Bain's 3 daughters to his trailer home in Alpine, Mississippi. That's about 100 miles southeast of Memphis. Patterson says he's been living there for more than 2 years with a wife and his parents. She says one of the 3 Bain girls may have belonged to him.

"He thought one was but as far as actually knowing for sure he didn't,” said Patterson.

But Mayes would tell his friends all 3 were his daughters.

"He has pictures of them on his phone,” Miller said. “He made us all think that was his kids."

Is it just me or is it strange to let a man take your children for overnighters?  In several criminal cases I've read about women trust their children to be taken care of and babysat by men who are not blood related and the children are eventually harmed.  Even blood relatives I would be super cautious of.  It's just not generally like a man to want to watch children that don't belong to him unless they his grandbabies.  This guy Mayes had the kids enough that he had his neighbors convinced they belonged to him.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #153 on: May 07, 2012, 12:19:18 AM »

Why is there no description of Mayes vehicle provided in the Amber Alerts or FBI Media Release?

What are the implications of the SUV being abandoned so close to home?  Where was Gary Bains when his family went missing?

Janet

+++++

Warrant issued for friend of missing Hardeman County family
Posted: May 02, 2012 8:02 PM PDT
Updated: May 02, 2012 9:07 PM PDT

<snipped>

Adam Christopher Mayes from Union County Mississippi is the man described by the Hardeman County sheriff as a friend of the Bain family. Something Gary Bain was able to confirm to Action News 5.

The Sheriff says Mayes disappeared sometime after Sunday after investigators talked with him.

<snipped>

The family disappeared Friday.

Their SUV was discovered in a field near their home earlier this week, but the Sheriff said there were no tracks leading away from the SUV.

<snipped>

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18074161/warrant-issued-for-family-friend-of-missing-hardeman-county-family

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: May 07, 2012, 12:27:10 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000545771372&sk=wall

Adrienne Bain
o yeah horse riding today so much fun!!
Share · July 5, 2011 at 5:59pm via mobile ·
Denise Frazier likes this.

Denise Frazier You still have your horses? Where did you ride?
July 5, 2011 at 6:43pm

Adrienne Bain Adam took us to the Buffalo Park in Mississippi we rode horses there.
July 5, 2011 at 7:16pm

Denise Frazier Ah, nice trip and nice ride! Love you Honey Smile
July 5, 2011 at 7:19pm

Adrienne Bain love u 2 nana.
July 6, 2011 at 9:36pm

http://www.tupelobuffalopark.com/rides.html

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: May 07, 2012, 12:28:19 AM »

Wasn't there a rumor that he sold all his stuff including his motorcycle?

Klaas, this was from a post Texasmom brought up from a facebook quote:

Re: JO ANN (JODIE) BAIN AND THREE DAUGHTERS MISSING SINCE 4/27/2012
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2012, 03:34:17 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/wtvanewstoday

Chasity Renee Rodgers I think people should post if they know anything that could help. I know Adam sold everything he had in the weeks prior to this. Tires a Harley bike n more. But Internet n social sites r know used n cases. Just a new way of gathering information. Times have changed in the way investigations r conducted.
8 minutes ago via mobile · Like
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #156 on: May 07, 2012, 12:29:56 AM »

In the article 4Donks posted it said he had lived there 2 years with his parents and a wife. Haven't heard anything about or from the parents  or wife. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: May 07, 2012, 12:44:16 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=287138947980962&set=a.287138944647629.84521.100000545771372&type=1&ref=nf

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2012, 12:44:27 AM »

News Channel 3 dug up pictures from a Facebook profile that belongs to Mayes. They show he had a close relationship with the Bain’s, apparently even visiting them in Arizona.

“It’s sad because you just never know what’s in someone’s heart and what they’re capable of doing because you just don’t know because any situation can turn somebody’s personality like that,” Watkins said as she snapped.
With Mayes on the run and wanted by the TBI, Watkins is praying he will have a change of heart and turn himself in.

“Just let us know where the kids are, let us know where that mom is,” said Watkins. “It’s that important that we need to know because these are somebody’s daughters.”
The family was supposed to be moving to Tucson, Arizona before the disappearance. Law enforcement agencies there were unaware of the missing person reports when News Channel 3 called them today. That could tell us the FBI is focusing their search efforts around here.

http://wreg.com/2012/05/06/facebook-pictures-reveal-close-relationship-between-wanted-man-and-missing-family/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: May 07, 2012, 12:51:10 AM »

http://www.wtva.com/news/local/story/Manhunt-continues-in-Union-County/XlMUQg6VhUW3eIjrPxBTWg.cspx

Manhunt continues in Union County

ALPINE, Miss. (WTVA) -- From the very beginning, officials have stressed that members of a Tennessee family abducted last month may be in "extreme danger."

Now in the wake of the discovery of two bodies in Union County, the search continues for Mayes and any of the family members who may still be with him.

The Union County Sheriff's Department confirmed Sunday afternoon that a manhunt is underway in the Union County area and other parts of north Mississippi for Adam Mayes.

According to Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards, Mayes was last seen in the area Tuesday .

"We're not sure that he's in the area. We're not sure that he's left the area. We don't have anything to confirm either way," Edwards said. "But before we pull out of the area, we want to make sure that we've exhausted all means satisfying us that he's not in this area."

Edwards said his department -- along with the State Highway Patrol, FBI and other agencies -- began issuing search warrants for Mayes last Friday morning when it was learned Mayes was probably in the area from Hardeman County, Tenn.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.