April 19, 2024, 07:00:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kimberly Whitton and daughter-missing since 6/22/07 Alabama  (Read 19674 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 09:23:00 AM »

Whitton sentencing delayed

Updated: March 19, 2008 01:59 PM EST
The sentencing of a Valley man on federal weapons charges has been delayed.

WAFF 48 News has learned that sentencing for Barry Whitton was continued. Whitton pleaded guilty in September to being a felon in possession of firearms.

Federal and state investigators found five guns when they searched his property last summer.

A new sentencing date has not been set. Whitton is also a suspect in the disappearance of his wife Kim Whitton and her daughter Haleigh Culwell. The two have not been seen since June 2007 at their home in Macedonia.

Your help is still needed in finding them. If you have any information, call the Federal Bureau of Investigation tipline at 1-877-628-2533.

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=7893543&nav=0hBEXcwj

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 03:48:29 PM »

Whitton is pure evil. I doubt he ever tells where he hid the bodies. He's got a place in hell just waiting for him.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2008, 01:03:31 PM »

Whitton's sentencing continued

April 4, 2008
Once again, Barry Whitton’s sentencing for possession of firearms as a convicted felon has been continued.

Whitton was scheduled to be sentenced Thursday morning before Chief United States District Judge Sharon L. Blackburn in the Federal Courthouse in Huntsville.

However, the sentencing has been continued until Tuesday, May 6 at 9 a.m., according to a spokesperson for United States Attorney Alice H. Martin of the Northern District of Alabama.

This marks the third time this year Whitton’s sentencing has been continued.

“These things happen in criminal law,” said Chief Deputy Doyle York of the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department. “The good side of it, though, is he’s still incarcerated.”

Whitton, who is a suspect in the disappearance of his wife, Kim Whitton, and step-daughter, Haliegh Culwell, has remained in the Cullman County Jail since last July.

Kim Whitton and her daughter, Haliegh, were last seen on June 21, 2007.

Barry Whitton pleaded guilty to the charge of possession of firearms last September after agents found guns on his property in Macedonia last July while searching for clues in the disappearance of his wife and step-daughter.

The federal firearms charges carry a penalty of not more than 10 years imprisonment and not more than three years supervision and a fine of not more than $250,000 or both.

http://www.thedailysentinel.com/story.lasso?ewcd=2920913495772df3

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 09:34:37 AM »

Whitton Trial Update

Posted: May 6, 2008 12:02 PM EDT

A WAAY 31 update...Barry Whitton the man suspected in the disappearance of his wife and step-daughter will not go to court today.

Whitton was scheduled to appear in court today on federal firearms charges, once again  the case has been continued.

Whiton pled guilty to weapons crimes earlier in the year. The weapons charges came to light in the investigation into the disappearance of whiton's wife and 12 year-old step-daughter.

Investigators believe he played a role in the disappearance of his wife Kimberly Whitton and her daughter Haleigh Culwell who were reported missing in June of 2007.

Whiton has denied knowing anything about the dissapearance of his wife and step-daughter. Whiton was a suspect in a missing person turned murder case from nearly 10-years ago.

The victim was his wife, however Whiton was never charged with her murder.

For more on this story go to The Missing.

http://www.waaytv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8277796&nav=menu635_1_15

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 07:37:29 PM »

WHITTON SENTENCING DATE MOVED UP

05-16-2008

Its not quite a case of Dij` vu, but its close, as sentencing for a Sand Mountain man on federal weapons charges has been moved for a sixth time. However, unlike the previous five times, 39 year old Barry Van Whittons sentencing has been moved up. Whitton has been in the Cullman County Jail on weapons charges since July 12th of last year, when authorities discovered five weapons including a loaded rifle and a shotgun, while searching his property near Section, looking for his missing wife and step-daughter, 37 year old Kimberly Whitton and 12 year old Haleigh Culwell. The two have missing since June 21st, 2007.

Whitton changed his not-guilty plea to guilty of being a convicted felon in possession of firearms on September 21st of last year. He was convicted of receiving stolen property in May of 1991 and again in March 1998, convictions which prohibit him from possessing a firearm.

FBI agents say hes also a suspect in the disappearance of his first wife, who was found beaten to death in a shallow grave near the DeKalb - Jackson County line, some 10 years ago.

Whitton is now scheduled to be sentenced on May 23rd at 11:00am, in the courtroom of U.S. District Judge Sharon Blackburn in Huntsville.

http://www.weis990am.com/np74977.htm

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2008, 04:01:39 PM »

I'm off that day. I may have to go take a look at this guy. I don't think he'll ever tell where he hid his wife and her daughter. He's very cunning.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2008, 11:54:10 AM »

Sentence delayed in North Ala. for suspect in disappearance

May 27, 2008
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) - A sentencing hearing on federal weapons charges for a man suspected in the disappearance of his wife and stepdaughter has been delayed until July.

The sentencing hearing for 39-year-old Barry Van Whitton had been scheduled for Monday. Court records show it was reset for 9 a.m. July 11 in federal court in Huntsville at Whitton's request.

Whitton has been in jail on the weapons charges since last July when authorities searched his mountain property near Section looking for his wife, 36-year-old Kimberly Whitton, and her daughter, 11-year-old Haleigh Culwell. Authorities found weapons, including a loaded rifle, during the search.

The FBI says Whitton is also a suspect in the death of his first wife, who was found beaten to death in a shallow grave 10 years ago.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8383875

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2009, 01:01:33 PM »

JULY 11, 2008

BARRY WHITTON SENTENCED TO 120  MONTHS IN PRISON
ON FEDERAL GUN CHARGES

HUNTSVILLE, AL - BARRY VAN WHITTON  38, of Section, Alabama was sentenced in United States District Court today by Chief United States District Judge Sharon L. Blackburn, to 120 months in prison for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

Evidence in the case revealed that investigators discovered firearms in July, 2007 when searching WHITTON’s home in connection with his missing wife and stepdaughter.    Five firearms;  a Columbia 12 gauge shotgun, a Universal M-1 carbine semi-automatic rifle, a Winchester 30-30 lever action rifle, a Crickett .22 caliber rifle and a Savage Arms .22 caliber rifle were recovered from the residence. WHITTON was a convicted felon at the time the firearms were recovered,  having been convicted of receiving stolen property in March, 1998 and May, 1991. WHITTON was convicted of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon on September 21, 2007.

Evidence was presented during the sentencing hearing that WHITTON  made threats to harm certain state judges in Jackson County, Alabama.  Additional evidence was presented indicating that WHITTON claimed to have been involved in murders and that he knew how to dispose of bodies.   In imposing the maximum possible sentence, Chief Judge Blackburn stated, “In all of my years on the bench, I have never heard such disturbing testimony about a defendant’s potential for violence, nor have I seen someone who was more of a potential danger to the community.”

“We are pleased that the maximum sentence was imposed by Chief Judge Blackburn. This sentence is one that will serve to protect citizens from a very dangerous criminal,” stated U.S. Attorney Alice H. Martin.  “Because of the diligence of our law enforcement partners,  we were able to get this dangerous felon off our streets.  We will continue to recommend the maximum sentence allowed by law in every appropriate case.”           

The case was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation; Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; the Jackson, DeKalb and Marshall County Sheriff’s Offices;  Alabama Bureau of Investigation; Alabama State Troopers; Alabama Marine Patrol; Alabama Fish and Wildlife Service; and the Scottsboro Police Department. The case was prosecuted on behalf of the United States by Assistant United States Attorneys Alison Austin and David Estes.
http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/aln/Docs/July%202008/JULY%2011,%202008%20BARRY%20WHITTON.htm

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 01:04:08 PM »

Top Stories of 2008

By Dewayne Patterson
The Daily Sentinel   

Published December 31, 2008

The Daily Sentinel countdown of the Top 10 stories of 2008 concludes today with the top two stories of the year as decided by the paper’s editorial staff.

No. 2 - Barry Whitton sentenced

Behind testimony from a government informant, Barry Whitton was sentenced to 10 years in prison in July after pleading guilty almost a year earlier to a federal charge of being a felon in possession of firearms.

U.S. District Judge Sharon Lovelace Blackburn handed down the sentence, saying it was the maximum she could give Whitton, but it was inadequate due to him being a danger to the public.

“I’ve never had a defendant in my 17 years as federal judge more of a threat to society,” Blackburn said during the sentencing in the Federal Courthouse in Huntsville.

Whitton, who is a suspect but has never been charged in the disappearances of his wife, Kimberly Whitton and step-daughter Haleigh Culwell, had remained in the Cullman County Jail since being arrested after agents found guns on his property in Macedonia while searching for clues in the disappearances of his wife and step-daughter, who were last seen on June 21, 2007.

He is also a suspect in the murder of his first wife, Michelle, in 1997.

His sentencing in July had been continued seven times since its original date in January of this year.

During sentencing, prisoner Mark Anthony Pride testified against Whitton. Pride had worn a wire while incarcerated with Whitton in Cullman County Jail in May and June.

Pride said his time with Whitton was disturbing.

“People talk,” said Pride, “but it was different with Barry. He was abnormal. He talked about people he had killed and mutilating animals.”

According to Pride and the tapes that were played during the sentencing, Whitton said two men killed his first wife Michelle. He added that he murdered the two men, Tracy Stoops and Chuck Carson. Whitton said he murdered Stoops and threw him off High Falls in Geraldine in DeKalb County. He added that Carson died during an explosion in a chicken house. Pride said Whitton wanted to make it look like a murder-suicide.

Later in the day, Investigator Eric Woodall of the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office confirmed the deaths of Carson and Stoops and said it had been ruled a murder-suicide.

Whitton also confided in Pride that he had killed a man in 1983 during a drug deal after the man had tried to rob him.

Pride said Whitton never admitted to killing his second wife, Kimberly and her daughter, Haleigh, who have been missing since last June. However, he gave off many signs, Pride testified.

Pride said Whitton told him how to dispose of a human body.

“He explained how to cut the flesh off the bones,” said Pride. And catch the blood under a bucket. And feed it all to hogs. Hogs eat everything, he said.”

Whitton also talked to Pride about killing Kimberly’s mother, Mildred Compton.

“He hates Mildred,” Pride said. “He never had anything good to say about her. He talked about tying her to a tree and skinning her alive.”

Whitton also told Pride he still had guns on his property that officials have never found.

“Jackson County is upset with me so much because they know I’m capable of doing so much and they can’t prove a thing,” Whitton told Pride.

Whitton’s attorney, Bruce Gardner of Huntsville, said the 10-year prison sentence was unwarranted based on the evidence.

“It’s theory, guesswork and a jailhouse informant,” Gardner told the judge. “Barry has been a model prisoner in Cullman. He’s had no behavioral problems.”

Gardner said he would appeal the sentence on Whitton’s behalf.
http://www.thedailysentinel.com/story.lasso?ewcd=64c9baeafa8c9f7a

Porchlight
Scared Monkey

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 12:17:34 PM »

We have quite a few more articles on this case here
http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=23248&st=0&
You are welcome, as always, to share wherever.

"If you have a chance to accomplish something that will make things better for people coming behind you, and you don't do that, you are wasting your time on this earth." The late, great Roberto Clemente.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2009, 05:52:40 PM »

$10,000 reward offered in missing mother daughter case
Posted: Jul 15, 2009 8:40 PM EDT

JACKSON COUNTY, AL (WAFF) - A mother and daughter have been missing for more than two years.

With community tips at a standstill, Governor Riley is now offering a reward.

This is the first reward offered in Kim and Haleigh's search.

Governor Riley hopes the $10,000 reward will convince someone to come forward with information in this case.

There will be $5,000

Even though years have past, they're not giving up.

Kim Whitton and her 11-year-old daughter Haleigh Culwell have been missing two years now.

A home video captured the last images of the mother and daughter that many friends have still-framed in their mind.

June 21st 2007, Whitton was last seen leaving her work in Scottsboro.

More than 75 law enforcement officers searched their home and 40 acres of property looking for clues, but they found nothing.

Kim's husband, Barry Whitton, is a suspect in their disappearance, but investigators have not filed charges.

As time passed on, friends and family held candlelight vigils along with balloons releases and blood drives in hopes to bring Kim and Haleigh back home.

Amongst it all, there were no breaks or developments in the case, until now.

"Wt this point we have not been able to obtain or develop any further information on their disappearance. We're hoping that the governor offering this reward that somebody, somewhere will come forward, " said Jackson County Sheriff Dennis Miller.

Sheriff Miller says time is not on their side, so this reward will hopefully spark interest.

"All that we could ask is if anyone knows anything regardless of how minor they think it maybe to contact this office and maybe we can get enough to come forward," said Sheriff Miller.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Jackson County Sheriff's Office at 256-574-2610. You can remain anonymous.

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=10734488

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2011, 05:58:06 PM »

http://www.myspace.com/kimwhitton_haleighculwell

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2011, 12:08:28 PM »

How sad that after all this time, that POS still won't talk.

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.