March 19, 2024, 04:31:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #3 7/12/12 - 6/14/13  (Read 431327 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 10, 2012, 05:50:06 PM »

Seminole County Sheriff's Office/Courtesy GlobalGrind.com

« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:15:15 AM by klaasend » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 10:08:52 PM »

We're over here now!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 10:11:24 PM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/12/2892510/more-evidence-released-in-zimmerman.html
Detective in Zimmerman case said he was pressured to file charges 
Records released Thursday show a federal law-enforcement agent accompanied George Zimmerman to his police interrogations, and FBI interviews did not turn up any sign of racial bias in the shooting of Trayvon Martin.
July 12, 2012

BY FRANCES ROBLES
FROBLES@MIAMIHERALD.COM
The lead Sanford Police investigator who sought manslaughter charges against George Zimmerman told the FBI that a sergeant and two others officers tried to pressure him into making an arrest in the controversial case — even though he didn’t think there was enough evidence.

Sanford Police Officer Chris Serino first made headlines when evidence released in the case showed he sought manslaughter charges against Zimmerman even while his chief publicly said there was no probable cause to arrest him. But a document released late Thursday casts doubt on Serino’s prior sworn affidavit seeking criminal charges, and raises questions about the credibility of the star law-enforcement witness in the murder case against Zimmerman for the shooting death of a black teenager, Miami Gardens high school junior Trayvon Martin..

Telling the FBI that he was concerned that people inside the police department were leaking information, Serino cited Sgt. Arthur Barnes, officers Rebecca Villalona and Trekelle Perkins “as all pressuring him to file charges against Zimmerman after the incident,” an FBI report said. “Serino did not believe he had enough evidence at the time to file charges.”

The summary of Serino’s statement does not mention the race of the officers who allegedly pressured him, but sources told The Miami Herald that Barnes and Perkins are black, and Villalona is married to an African-American man. All three, the source said, had been called in by their supervisor and questioned about leaking information in the case.

A request Thursday evening to the Sanford Police Department for comment about Serino’s statement went unanswered.
More....

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 10:12:38 PM »

Cop: Zimmerman Was "Soft," Had "Hero Complex"
Records detail FBI probe of Trayvon Martin killing
July 12 '12

--The lead investigator in the Trayvon Martin shooting case told the FBI that George Zimmerman was not a racist, but rather an “overzealous” and  “soft guy” who had a “little hero complex,” according to documents released today by Florida prosecutors.

The records include a variety of FBI reports compiled in the course of a bureau probe examining whether the February shooting of the unarmed teenager was racially motivated. Individuals interviewed by federal agents uniformly described Zimmerman as mild-mannered and harboring no racial or ethnic prejudices.

In an April interview with two FBI agents, Christopher Serino, the Sanford Police Department’s lead investigator on the Martin killing, said that he believed Zimmerman’s actions “were not based on Martin’s skin color rather based on his attire, the total circumstances of the encounter and the previous burglary suspects in the community.”

Serino also “described Zimmerman as overzealous and as having a ‘little hero complex,’ but not as a racist.” Noting that he had spoken with Zimmerman on numerous occasions and “feels like he knows him fairly well,” Serino said that he believes Zimmerman did not want to be a cop because “cops have a bad reputation and are bullies, but he wants to be a judge.” Serino added that Zimmerman was a “soft guy.”

Also included in the released records was a Florida Department of Law Enforcement interview with a male friend of Zimmerman’s who recounted what the shooter told him after being released from police custody the morning after Martin’s killing. The man, whose name was redacted from the FDLE reort, is an Army veteran with whom Zimmerman and his wife lived with in the weeks following the February 26 shooting.

The witness told investigators that Zimmerman recalled spotting a “fidgety tall guy” loitering near a residence. After calling cops to report a suspicious person, Zimmerman said he was confronted by Martin, who asked, “Do you have a problem Mother f***er?” Zimmerman said he responded, “No, I don’t have a problem.” Martin then allegedly said “You do now,” and struck Zimmerman in the face. Zimmerman reported seeing “stars,” and “fell back, first onto his butt and then on to his back.”

As he struggled on the ground with Martin, the teenager (seen at left) sat atop Zimmerman in the “mounted position” and punched the neighborhood watch captain in the face and head and slammed his head on the pavement. After Martin reportedly realized Zimmerman was carrying a gun, he reached for the firearm, stating, “You’re gonna die now Mother f***er.”

Zimmerman, however, slapped Martin’s hand away from the gun and fired a single shot into the teen’s chest. The witness recounted that Zimmerman said Martin’s final words were, “You got it, ok, you got it".  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/george-zimmerman-fbi-interviews-689452

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 10:55:06 PM »

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/photo_shows_trayvon_martin_blood_0pXWpJiayltmMzlI5H1OIP

Photo shows Trayvon Martin's blood-soaked hoodie
Last Updated: 10:15 PM, July 12, 2012
Posted: 10:12 PM, July 12, 2012

A batch of newly released Trayvon Martin documents includes a grim photo of the slain teen’s blood-soaked hooded sweatshirt and fatal bullet hole.

The photo, unveiled today by Florida’s state attorney, shows the hole entered Martin’s sweatshirt in the left-center of his chest, about seven inches below the top of the cotton/polyester Nike sweatshirt.

Other photos taken by police right after the Feb. 26 shooting show bullet fragments from the fatal round fired by neighborhood watch leader George Zimmerman.
 ::snipping2::

In one of them, Sanford, Fla. Detective Christopher Serino, the lead investigator in the slaying, said Zimmerman’s actions were not motivated by race — but by the hoodie.

“Serino believed that Zimmerman’s actions were not based on Martin’s skin color rather based on his attire,” according to a report.

Serino said members of local gangs, who called themselves “Goons,” frequently wore hoodies and that why Zimmerman “took it upon himself to view Martin as acting suspicious.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/photo_shows_trayvon_martin_blood_0pXWpJiayltmMzlI5H1OIP#ixzz20T0cS0ha
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 11:15:50 PM »

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/zimmerman-had-often-called-police-1.3835101

Zimmerman had often called police
Published: July 12, 2012 10:02 PM

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Ex-neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman called police at least six times in the months before he shot Trayvon Martin to death, reporting activity as benign as kids playing in the street to detailing the description of a suspected burglar.

Documents and recordings released yesterday point to Zimmerman's frustration with people seeming to get away with petty crimes in his gated community, though they do little to clear up what happened the night of the Feb. 26, 2011, shooting.
The calls were among close to 50 that Zimmerman made to Sanford police over eight years.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 11:05:44 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/america-live/index.html

July 12, 2012
Evidence released from FBI investigation into Zimmerman
Legal panel weighs in on the case

VIDEO

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 12:39:08 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/12/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
School Showed `Total Disregard` for Child Rape Victims
Aired July 12, 2012 - 19:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.
Plus, unbelievable details revealed about Neighborhood Watch shooter George Zimmerman`s past. You won`t believe what his ex-fiancee told cops, stories that claim pushing and kicking and other violence long before Zimmerman gunned down unarmed teen Trayvon Martin. All the details tonight.
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What happened here on April 20? And why did that happen?

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN, ACCUSED SHOOT: He said, "Yo, you got a problem?`

I turned around. And I said, no, I don`t have a problem, man.

SYBRINA FULTON, TRAYVON`S MOTHER: This is not a black and white thing. This is about a right and wrong thing.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Somehow Mr. Martin because he was wearing the hoodie is a criminal?

ZIMMERMAN:: I didn`t think I hit him because he sat up and he said, "Oh, you got me. You got it -- you got me, you got it," something like that.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: It is not the grand conspiracy that the state seems to suggest.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He had lacerations on the back of his head.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: So his head was banged into something harder than his head.

(END VIDEO CLIP)
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Astonishing new developments in the Trayvon Martin case. New evidence just released shows Trayvon`s shooter George Zimmerman -- are you sitting down -- wanted more guns after he shot Trayvon Martin dead in March.

You remember this? The nation exploding with protest because Zimmerman was still not arrested. Zimmerman`s in hiding. And we`re now learning tonight he was trying to get another gun. He contacted a gun shop asking for a weapon, allegedly. Why?

Zimmerman told the FBI that, quote "his life is in danger and he needs more guns."

Watch Zimmerman re-enact how he says this confrontation with Trayvon Martin went down.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ZIMMERMAN: When he was hitting my head against -- I felt like my head was going to explode and I thought I was going to lose consciousness.

He said, "You`re going to die tonight, (EXPLETIVE DELETED)." And he reached for it. But he reached -- like, I felt his arm going down to my side and I grabbed it. And I just grabbed my firearm and I shot one time.

(END VIDEO CLIP)
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Did Zimmerman have violent perhaps even racist tendencies? The FBI also interviewed his ex-fiancee who revealed the stunning accusation that during their engagement, quote, "Zimmerman hit her in the mouth with an open hand." Why -- because she was chewing gum. She also states that during an argument Zimmerman kicked her dog in the stomach when the dog approached him.

Will prosecutors be able to use this newly released evidence to portray Zimmerman as violence-prone? Give me a call, 1-877-JVM-SAYS, 1- 877-586-7297.

Straight out to Natalie Jackson, the attorney for Trayvon Martin`s family; Natalie, thanks for joining us. What do you make of this bombshell new evidence just released hours ago?

NATALIE JACKSON, ATTORNEY FOR TRAYVON MARTIN`S FAMILY: Well, there are 300 pages that were released by the state attorney`s office. I only went through half of it. I think it definitely will help the state with their case. There`s a lot of information -- new information that talks about the psychological of George Zimmerman.

But ultimately this case, the star witness of this case will be George Zimmerman and his own words; the smoking gun is his own words. So the jury will just -- they`ll come back and they`ll notice -- I believe that they`ll notice all the inconsistencies with the story and that will be what is the thing they consider most.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, listen, an ex-fiancee can sometimes hold a grudge.

But criminal defense attorney out of Miami, Michelle Suskauer, Zimmerman allegedly hit here in the mouth with his open hand because she was chewing gum? Kicks her dog, according to her? Will prosecutors be able to use this in court during his trial as evidence that he is prone to violence?

MICHELLE SUSKAUER, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: You know what; I don`t know if they -- listen, they are certainly going to want to try. But this is a prior bad act or prior bad act and they may not be able to use this at all.

But certainly it`s bad information about George Zimmerman if in fact this person is credible, which we do not know if she is credible or not. Just like you said, Jane, this is an ex-fiancee. This is someone who did not marry him for whatever reason. He broke up with her. She broke up with him. Who knows?

But, again, what is consistent from what everything I`ve read is that he does not come across as a racist. Everyone who has been interviewed and there were over 30 interviews about that.

(CROSSTALK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, ok.

SUSKAUER: But he does not come across -- no one has said that he ever has been that way. And so there are some very positive things, if you want to spin it in the other way, for the defense that have come out of all this document today.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Your thoughts on that, Natalie Jackson.

JACKSON: Well, I`m not saying that George Zimmerman is a racist or he isn`t, but there is a witness that has come out. That`s witness number 9, the controversial witness, whose statements have been redacted. But the statements that were released with witness number 9; she called two days after the shooting before all of the uprising and she did say that he had those tendencies.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Speaking of -- and I`m writing down a caller`s name and state. So let me continue now. Speaking of this whole issue of whether or not he`s racist, evidence released today once again raises this question, was George Zimmerman racist? Is he a racist? Does he have those tendencies?

Now, police did suspect that although Zimmerman himself hotly denied it. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This person was not doing anything bad. You know the name of the person that died?

ZIMMERMAN: Trayvon?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Trayvon.

ZIMMERMAN: Trayvon Martin.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Trayvon Benjamin Martin. He was born in 1995, February the 5th. He was 17 years old. In his possession we found a can of iced tea and a bag of Skittles and about $40 in cash. Not the goon.

You got problems with black people?

ZIMMERMAN: No.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Ok. I had to ask.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok. "So you got problems with black people?" "No." "Ok, I had to ask." Zimmerman constantly claims he`s not racist.

But in this new evidence some disturbing things from his MySpace profile. He wrote about Mexicans walking on the side of the street soft (EXPLETIVE DELETED) want-to-be thugs messing with cars and he goes on to complain about getting knives pulled on you by every Mexican you run into.

Now, Robi Ludwig, this sounds to me like a very judgmental person who makes sweeping generalizations and assumptions based on people based on their ethnicity, their appearance, whatever. Isn`t that exactly what he did to Trayvon Martin?

ROBI LUDWIG, PSYCHOTHERAPIST: Well, it sounds that way. And of course we`ll find out more details. But he also sounds very paranoid to me and highly reactive. And when someone`s in a paranoid state, then they tend to see things if you are in an outsiders group, you`re an enemy. You`re either an outsider or an insider.

And that`s what I see about Zimmerman. He seems perhaps when he`s not well is increasingly paranoid, increasingly more suspicious and increasingly highly reactive.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What I found astounding about these documents, Tanya Acker, is that until the shooting -- oh the irony -- he was not on good terms with his own parents and he became on better terms after the shooting.

So what`s adding up here is somebody who has a tendency to get into arguments -- the ex-fiancee, Trayvon Martin, his own parents.

TANYA ACKER, ATTORNEY: I think that George Zimmerman`s best hope in his trial moving forward is he is going to have to take the stand. And he`s going to have to take a story. And he`s going to have to tell his story.

And if he does that, he is possibly going to open up the door to all of these other sorts of questions. He`s going to have to answer questions about his prior relationships, his tendency toward violence.

And look, the whole notion about whether or not he`s racist or not racist, whether or not Trayvon Martin was brought to his attention or whether or not George Zimmerman thought that Trayvon was more dangerous because he was black, that doesn`t necessarily turn on whether or not Zimmerman had a history of using the n-word or being in a hate group. They`re separate issues.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. Now, we`re going to the phone lines quickly. Crystal, Iowa, your thought, my dear.
CRYSTAL, IOWA (via telephone): does Trayvon`s family have any right to sue for the poor handling of their case?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Oh, well that`s an excellent question. Very quickly, Michelle Suskauer, can Trayvon Martin`s family sue?

SUSKAUER: Well, who are they going to sue? Suing law enforcement? There`s immunity. But suing George Zimmerman, potentially. But, again, in Florida the "Stand Your Ground" law it`s very possible that they will have -- that George Zimmerman may be able to have civil immunity under this law. So that is an option.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Natalie Jackson, any plans now for a civil suit?

JACKSON: That is something that we have not ruled out the possibility. Right now the parents they are more concerned with the criminal case and what happens with George Zimmerman.

Jane, I want to talk about the racism issue. The state is not charging George Zimmerman with any racial crime. So that really -- that is not an issue here. They have not charged him with any sort of hate or racial crime. They are charging him straight with murder two. And the profiling that they`re alleging is criminal profiling.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. We are on top of this story. Thank you Natalie Jackson. Thank you my entire panel. Come here for the latest on the Zimmerman case.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 04:01:43 PM »

https://twitter.com/bobkealing

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing
‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ motion expresses fear that judge's negative impression of him could carry over to immunity hearing. ‪#TrayvonMartin‬

5m bob kealing ‏@bobkealing
‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ motion accuses Judge Lester of departing from role as "objective, impartial minister of justice." Asks he be disqualified.

9m bob kealing ‏@bobkealing
‪#breakingnews‬ ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ files motion to disqualify Judge Ken Lester from the case.

https://twitter.com/RichardHornsby

Richard Hornsby ‏@RichardHornsby
@bobkealing angling for retired Judge Eaton be appointed to the case I bet!  7m

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 04:08:57 PM »

http://www.scribd.com/doc/100020949/Motion-to-Disqualify-Lester

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 05:27:15 PM »

Zimmerman seeks new judge in murder trial
 Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:58pm EDT
(Reuters) - The Florida man charged with second-degree murder in the killing of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin asked for a new judge in the case on Friday, accusing the judge currently assigned to the case of bias.
Lawyers for George Zimmerman filed a motion requesting that Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester withdraw from the trial.
In the filing, Zimmerman alleged that Lester had made "gratuitous" and "disparaging remarks" about him during a July 5 bond hearing and offered "a personal opinion" in the case.
"In doing so, the Court has created a reasonable fear in Mr. Zimmerman that this Court is biased against him and because of this prejudice he cannot receive a fair and impartial trial or hearing by this Court," the motion said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/13/us-usa-florida-shooting-idUSBRE86C15H20120713
It is the second time Zimmerman and his legal team have requested a new judge.
In April, they asked the judge presiding at the time to step aside because of a possible conflict of interest after revelations that the judge's husband had been contacted by Zimmerman's family as part of their search for a defense attorney.
The request was granted and Lester was appointed at that time to serve as judge in the case.
Last week, Zimmerman was released from a Florida jail on a $1 million bail. He claims self-defense in the February 26 shooting death of 17-year-old Martin in a gated community in the central Florida city of Sanford.
Martin's killing drew national attention because police initially declined to arrest Zimmerman, citing Florida's "Stand Your Ground" self-defense law and his assertion that he used deadly force because he feared his life was in danger.

Challapalca him!
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 06:18:58 PM »

https://twitter.com/bobkealing

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing
‪#breakingnews‬ state says it will file objection to ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ motion to disqualify Judge Lester.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 06:31:29 PM »

https://twitter.com/DaraleneJones

Daralene Jones ‏@DaraleneJones
Prosecutors said they will release Witness9 Statement Monday. Meanwhile, they OBJECT to ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ motion, asking for a new judge  7m

https://twitter.com/MarkNeJame

Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame
Am appearing on @cnnn @ErinBurnett at 7:30 tonite. Discussing defense motion to recuse ‪#judgelester‬ in @georgezimmerman @trayvonmartin case.  4m

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 07:45:29 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/13/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html

Zimmerman asks for another new judge
updated 6:20 PM EDT, Fri July 13, 2012

Also Friday, Lester denied Zimmerman's motion seeking reconsideration of an order allowing for public disclosure of statements from a person identified only as "Witness 9" and telephone calls recorded while he was being held in Seminole County Jail.

The witness statements and some of the calls will be available at 11 a.m. Monday, the state attorney's office said.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 08:19:38 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-13/news/os-george-zimmerman-witness-9-jail-calls-20120713_1_george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-mark-o-mara

Zimmerman judge orders release of jail calls, 'Witness 9' statement
4:16 p.m. EST, July 13, 2012|

Despite objections by George Zimmerman's attorneys, the public will get to hear 145 additional phone calls Zimmerman made from the Seminole County jail, as well as the statement of a witness who says he doesn't like black people.

The witness, identified as "Witness 9" in prosecution documents, has not been publicly identified. One of her two statements has been withheld from the public so far, and attorney Mark O'Mara argued it should stay that way.

In her other statement, Witness 9 says that she knows Zimmerman, as well as his family.

"I know George, and I know that he does not like black people," she said, speaking to a Sanford police investigator. "He would start something. He's a very confrontational person. It's in his blood. Let's just say that."

She went on to describe Zimmerman and his family as "just mean and open about it, and I don't know what he's capable of, but I do know things that he's done to me that I would never, I would never talk to him about ever again."

O'Mara wrote in a motion that the not-yet-released second statement "is not relevant" to the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, and would "serve to reignite and potentially enhance the widespread public hostility toward Mr. Zimmerman."

However, Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester wrote in an order filed Friday that public records law requires the release of evidence, unless it would present a "serious and imminent threat to the administration of justice."

The statement, Lester writes, does not reach that high bar
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 08:26:51 PM »

http://gzlegalcase.com/

Verified Motion to Disqualify Trial Judge
on 13 July 2012.

We filed this Verified Motion to Disqualify Trial Judge based upon our review of the Court’s July 6 Order Setting Bond and Florida Rule of Judicial Administration 2.330(d)(1), and after lengthy discussions among the defense team and with George. We feel our motion is in complete compliance with the rule, and await Judge Lester’s decision so this matter may move forward.

Verified Motion to Disqualify Trial Judge
http://184.172.211.159/~gzdocs/documents/motions/motion_to_disqualify.pdf
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2012, 02:30:44 AM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-13/news/os-george-zimmerman-witness-9-jail-calls-20120713_1_george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-mark-o-mara

Despite objections by George Zimmerman's attorneys, the public will get to hear 145 additional phone calls Zimmerman made from the Seminole County jail, as well as the statement of a witness who says he doesn't like black people.

The witness, identified as "Witness 9" in prosecution documents, has not been publicly identified. One of her two statements has been withheld from the public so far, and attorney Mark O'Mara argued it should stay that way.

In her other statement, Witness 9 says that she knows Zimmerman, as well as his family.

"I know George, and I know that he does not like black people," she said, speaking to a Sanford police investigator. "He would start something. He's a very confrontational person. It's in his blood. Let's just say that."

She went on to describe Zimmerman and his family as "just mean and open about it, and I don't know what he's capable of, but I do know things that he's done to me that I would never, I would never talk to him about ever again."

O'Mara wrote in a motion that the not-yet-released second statement "is not relevant" to the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, and would "serve to reignite and potentially enhance the widespread public hostility toward Mr. Zimmerman."

However, Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester wrote in an order filed Friday that public records law requires the release of evidence, unless it would present a "serious and imminent threat to the administration of justice."

If you are being tried for a criminal and unlawful act usually the evidence against you is not going to make people like you yet the public has a right to know. 

I do not understand why white people are so fearful of black people.  Alot of folks worrying about riots and George fearing for his life.  It's silly.  The only group I've heard of making threats toward GZ is a group I think is totally fake... The 'new' Black Panthers.  Someone please tell me who is in this group, where they are located, and what type of actual activities they conduct.  It's like the man behind the curtain, a Wizard of Oz, a phantom group being used by the media to strike hatred and vitriol and make GZ out to be some victim, which he is not, IMO.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 04:35:05 AM »

O'Mara's Motion to Disqualify is well-written.

I remember when Judge Lester's ruling on the 2nd bond came out and my thinking that the judge is not a mind reader.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 04:41:34 AM »

If you are being tried for a criminal and unlawful act usually the evidence against you is not going to make people like you yet the public has a right to know. 

I do not understand why white people are so fearful of black people.  Alot of folks worrying about riots and George fearing for his life.  It's silly.  The only group I've heard of making threats toward GZ is a group I think is totally fake... The 'new' Black Panthers.  Someone please tell me who is in this group, where they are located, and what type of actual activities they conduct.  It's like the man behind the curtain, a Wizard of Oz, a phantom group being used by the media to strike hatred and vitriol and make GZ out to be some victim, which he is not, IMO.
White people are fearful of black people? Really? Kind of a broad statement dont u think? I myself am fearful of people who are mentally unstable or just plain evil. Anyone who would riot over something like this case is imo mentally unstable or just evil or full of hate. Those types of people scare me. Not black people.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 10:55:56 AM »

kcrn - I totally agree!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.