March 18, 2024, 09:47:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #3 7/12/12 - 6/14/13  (Read 431239 times)
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1060 on: June 11, 2013, 08:43:28 PM »

One thing I notice is it looks a lot different than the google earth shots. If Martin did use that first shortcut, to me it looks suspicious. Also seems like Martin could have made it to the right house. From that I get that he waited and surprised Z. Maybe DD forgot to tell about the part where Martin turns and goes back towards the T. It's all in the footsteps and might have been something to find that night , but nobody looked.

He was way ahead of GZ, He could have been home before GZ got off the phone.

This is what the discovery shows.  I'll see if I can find a clearer map.
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1061 on: June 11, 2013, 08:51:54 PM »

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2012/5/29/04041/8193/crimenews/George-Zimmerman-Case-Timelines-and-Routes 

(This link gives the possible routes taken by GZ and TM).

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1062 on: June 11, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »

Anyways, I just want the truth..... no matter what it is.

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1063 on: June 11, 2013, 08:56:09 PM »

There are also photos of the neighborhood too.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1064 on: June 11, 2013, 09:17:09 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationworld/os-george-zimmerman-trial-pictures-from-day-two-20130611,0,3929402.photogallery
George Zimmerman Trial: Pictures from Day Two
June 11, 2013

(27 images)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1065 on: June 11, 2013, 09:51:40 PM »

this suggest that the State will not call Deedee because she will be such a bad witness and all Crump lies.
5/13/13 BDLR (State of Florida) Motion To Avoid State Witness Absence Prejudice In Zimmerman Trial…..

"However, the more interesting, and far more likely potential non-witness, to provide the GREATEST risk, and who was key to the state’s case in April 2012, is Witness #8, Dee Dee.
We have  said from last April forward the ”Character” defined, explained and identified by Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump, called “Dee Dee” would NEVER reach a courtroom.

Why?   Because the construct of the narrative she represents is fictitious.

“Dee Dee”, the 16-year-old minor child, puppy love, who was on the phone with Trayvon Martin for 6 hours and 40 minutes (400 minutes), who never contacted anyone post shooting, and who was unknown to both Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton prior to March 17th 2012, and who was taken to the hospital during the funeral dates because she was so overcome with grief, is, in actuality, Keyser Soze.

That assembly of deliciously constructed media talking points, that was given the identity of Dee Dee - is 100% BOGUS !

…… AND here’s where it gets blood boiling – THE STATE KNOWS THIS!

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/05/13/bdlr-state-of-florida-motion-to-avoid-state-witness-absence-prejudice-in-zimmerman-trial/

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1066 on: June 11, 2013, 10:49:20 PM »

I read that whole link...it seems like a very one-sided story and the name calling was immature and a turnoff...

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1067 on: June 11, 2013, 11:03:46 PM »

The Potential Jurors on Tuesday, June 11, 2013

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/06/zimmerman-jury-selection-day-two-wrap-up-2/

Zimmerman Jury Selection — Day Two Wrap-Up
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 10:10pm

Thoughout the overall voir dire process both the State and the defense will each have the ability to strike an unlimited number of jurors for cause (meaning some conflict of interest or other reason they are deemed to be unable to be fair and neutral), but each side has only 10 peremptory challenges (that is, each side can strike 10 jurors without having to give any reason whatever).  We can expect each side to husband its peremptory strikes carefully, but one also never knows if the juror whom you peremptorily strike today will look wonderful compared to the prospective juror who is next in line.

At the lunch recess a spokesman for the Court announced that 41 potential jurors had been dismissed as of Monday.  Apaprently  40 of these were dismissed based upon their responses to the juror quesionnaires, and the final dismissal was the humorous older gentleman with the bad hearing from yesterday (“I’d rather B30 than be 65.”)

It was striking today, as well as yesterday, at how effectively the juror pool has been poisoned.  Many of the prospective jurors recall Martin as a “boy” or “child,  rather than the robust 17-year-old 6-foot-plus football player he was, and others recall how Zimmerman had “chased him down,” a perception with absolutely no evidentiary foundation.

Now, to a quick replay of today’s preliminary voir dire:

Prospective Juror E54:  Receives the “Best Informed Juror of the Day” Award

E54 was the next prospective juror, described as a  white male probably in his 50s, and a “dead ringer for Oliver Stone.”  He recalled Zimmerman phoning the police to report a suspicious person.  He also recalled that there was a later 911 call.  E54 appeared to be by far the best informed juror of the day.   He knew that Zimmerman had not been arrested right away, and that he was eventually charged with second degree murder.  He also knew about the protests at the time, but says he “lost interest in it.”  He expressed wonder at why there were protests when the police apparently though there was no reason to even charge Zimmerman, and assumed that new evidence must have been developed which led to Zimmerman’s later arrest.  He said he thought about joining a protest because of Zimmermans’ arrest.  [Editorial comment:  No jury for you!]  He then said about the protests that, “it turned out to be a good thing, I guess, because we’re trying to learn the truth.”  He recalled that the protests started off as local people, then national people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson Jr. got involved.  He said he watches TV for his news, primarily the national ABC network.  E54 observed that his son dresses in the same way Trayvon was described as dressing, and he used the event to talk to him about the shooting, “just to be careful, people who wear that outfit can be misconstrued.”  He recalled Zimmerman’s injuries and that Zimmerman had been “attacked.”  De la Rionda jumped on that disclosure, clearly concerned about the word “attacked” to describe Martin’s actions against Zimmerman.  West questioned E54 for the defense.  He affirmed that he would base his verdict on the evidence produced in court.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1068 on: June 11, 2013, 11:26:23 PM »

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/6/11/day_2_jurors_to_be_q.html

Day 2 of George Zimmerman trial: 10 new jurors questioned
Last Updated: Tuesday, June 11, 2013, 6:56 PM

SANFORD --
Day 2 of jury selection in George Zimmerman's murder trial has wrapped up after 10 jurors were questioned at the Seminole County Criminal Justice Center.

Lawyers on both sides of the case interviewed seven women and three men, asking them about everything from what they've already heard about the ongoing case to what shows they watch on TV.

See a complete recap online of Day 2 of Jury Selection.

Jury selection so far
After court ended Tuesday, a Seminole County court official gave some insight about the jury selection process:

The Zimmerman jury pool started at 500.

That pool was separated into five groups of 100, one group for each weekday starting Monday, June 10.

Of Monday's group of 100 jurors, 41 were dismissed, including one who was dismissed after questioning.

Of Tuesday's group, 30 were dismissed.

Wednesday's group of 100 people summoned do not have to report Wednesday, and are on call.

Pre-publicity voir dire questioning will continue until counsel reaches 30 jurors not stricken for cause.

Those 30 jurors will then face a second round of traditional voir dire questioning.

From that group of 30, six jurors and at least two alternates are needed.

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1069 on: June 12, 2013, 03:09:00 AM »

I read that whole link...it seems like a very one-sided story and the name calling was immature and a turnoff...
I do realize that it is a biased article but it is not the first time that I have read about shenanagins with that witness,
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1070 on: June 12, 2013, 09:17:57 AM »

I do realize that it is a biased article but it is not the first time that I have read about shenanagins with that witness,
Good Morning! 
I watched that video again this am alagary.... I think it is GZ and TM both screaming on that 911 tape... They should just play it and let the jury decide..no 'experts'.
There will be no winners when this case is done....

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1071 on: June 12, 2013, 10:34:55 AM »

https://twitter.com/renestutzman
Rene Stutzman ‏@renestutzman 35m E73: "I can't conceive being armed. I can't  concieve of shooting someone." Between #Zimmerman & #Trayvon " something had to have happened."
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1072 on: June 12, 2013, 10:36:09 AM »

https://twitter.com/renestutzman
Rene Stutzman ‏@renestutzman 4m M75: "I really don't believe that black people are being targeted." #Zimmerman, #Trayvon
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1073 on: June 12, 2013, 10:37:38 AM »

June 12, 2013 Tweets
https://twitter.com/tonypipitone

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 28m
M-75, a black female, maybe late 20s-30s, very strong, confident voice, Facebook/Twitter user, watches local TV and Fox News.

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 39m
E73: Just shooting someone for no good reason a difficult concept. Suggests there must have been a life threatening situation. (Paraphrased)

Christina Vazquez ‏@VazquezReports 49m
E73 also says does not watch MSNBC - feels every news outlet comes with a certain bias
 Retweeted by Tony Pipitone

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 52m
Does E-73 watch Fox News? "Not if I can help it."

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 56m
E73 conflating false reports of #GeorgeZimmerman using racial slur with editing of call by NBC News that prompted defamation suit.

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 1h
Potential juror E-73, white female perhaps 60, thinks national media tried to create a racial overtone to event that did not exist.

Of 15 potential jurors questioned, at least one and perhaps two have been dismissed for cause, so 17 more may be needed to fill box of 30.

#GeorgeZimmerman case judge says general voir dire begins once 30 potential jurors survive the continuing one on one inquiry re: publicity.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1074 on: June 12, 2013, 10:43:05 AM »

Thank you for posting the tweets alagary.  I think it's good to have more than one source.  I was looking at the tweets on what you've posted from Rene Stutzman with those of Tony Pipitone in regard to prospective juror M75.  I've noticed some tweeters include more or different details. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1075 on: June 12, 2013, 11:03:11 AM »

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-06-11/news/sns-rt-us-usa-florida-shootingbre95b01o-20130611_1_trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-benjamin-crump
Jury selection in Trayvon Martin murder moves at snail's pace
June 11, 2013

SANFORD, Florida (Reuters) - The polarizing debate that followed the killing of unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in Florida last year means it could take up to two weeks to pick the six jurors needed to try the case.

Prosecution and defense lawyers in the trial in Florida's Seminole County are entitled to subject potential jurors from a pool of hundreds to detailed questioning about their knowledge of the case and whether they have formed opinions about it.

The attorneys completed questioning of just four prospective jurors in a preliminary round of questioning after the trial began on Monday, and another 10 on Tuesday, irritating Benjamin Crump, the lawyer for Martin's family.

"This is very slow, it's not normal," he said. "In a regular trial you pick a jury in one or two days," he added, complaining that Zimmerman's defense team was being given "too much consideration."

Experts say judges in state courts typically allow more time for lawyers to question potential jury members - for political as well as procedural reasons.

"Unlike federal court, state court judges are elected," said David Weinstein, a Miami lawyer and former state prosecutor. "The people who vote for the them are the ones sitting on the jury panel, as well as the families of the victims, and the lawyers."

Judges also tended to err on the side of caution because cases have been reversed in state court in the past because not enough questions were allowed to sift out juror biases, he said.

"It's not going to get any better," said Weinstein, noting that a second round of questioning would probe jurors even deeper - focusing on their opinions about the police, guns, race, vigilantes, and neighborhood-watch schemes.

This creates the potential for an extremely slow process, even though under Florida law only six jurors are needed - as well as four alternatives - rather than 12 required by some other states.

On Tuesday, a potential juror identified only as "B-35" told the court he got most of his news from the Fox TV network and said he was alone among his family and friends in not forming an opinion about Zimmerman's guilt.

A white woman, identified as B-37, said she bought newspapers but did not read them and instead used them to put in her parrot's cage.

Lead defense lawyer Mark O'Mara rejected Crump's assertion that jury selection was going too slowly and prosecution attempts to limit question of prospective jurors.

"This is a case where - in part because of Mr. Crump's publicity regarding it - we have to talk to these jurors about every influence they have had," he said. "You can't just ask a juror what do you remember. You have to prod them a little bit."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1076 on: June 12, 2013, 11:17:56 AM »

June 12, Tweets Cont'.
https://twitter.com/tonypipitone

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 10m
R-39 Admits bias, says #GeorgeZimmerman case "a one-way story. Dead men tell no tales." And, I would suggest, R-39 will not be back.

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 12m
R-39 likes to mind his own business, murder is murder, not grasping self defense is not murder.

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 20m
Next up, R-39, younger man in T-shirt, wrote in questionnaire "don't really care what happened." May be of mixed race or just have nice tan.

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1077 on: June 12, 2013, 11:21:13 AM »

Need a punching Crump thing. I hope he gets called about his "alleged" witness tampering.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1078 on: June 12, 2013, 11:51:30 AM »

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=JeffWeinerOS

Jeff Weiner @JeffWeinerOS
O'Mara: Is coverage of case slanted? B-61: "I'm sure it has... depends who's talking at the time." #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1079 on: June 12, 2013, 11:57:56 AM »

Need a punching Crump thing. I hope he gets called about his "alleged" witness tampering.

How about tampering with client's image?  And to think people complained about Beth playing up Natalee's good points.

Challapalca him!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.