March 18, 2024, 08:49:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #3 7/12/12 - 6/14/13  (Read 431223 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1100 on: June 12, 2013, 08:39:41 PM »

June 12, 2013 Tweets Cont.
https://twitter.com/tonypipitone

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 3h
Potential juror E-28, the 25th to make it into courtroom this week, is a white female, maybe in her 50s.

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 4h
Potential juror e-13 is a young white female, barely 20. She is the 24th overall this week.

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 4h
Attorneys found a posting from e-7 on a Facebook page, he admitted it was his, and now moving on without public being told why.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1101 on: June 12, 2013, 08:40:10 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pro-trayvon-martin-man-george-zimmerman-jury-article-1.1370906

Trayvon Martin justice group member tries to get onto George Zimmerman jury
Published: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 6:37 PM
Updated: Wednesday, June 12, 2013, 7:45 PM

A member of a pro-Travyon Martin group was unmasked Wednesday as he tried to get on the Florida jury in George Zimmerman’s trial for shooting the unarmed teen.

A white male potential juror identified on his Facebook page as Jerry Counelis gave long, rambling answers about his impartiality when asked basic questions by attorneys

Counelis, known as panelist E-7, said he was an unemployed painter and musician and had no problem being sequestered if chosen to serve on the jury.

After both prosecution and defense attorneys finished questioning the potential juror, they requested a sidebar with the judge.

Circuit Judge Debra Nelson said she had a question for Juror E-7

She then asked if Counelis posted something to the Coffee Party Progressives Facebook page on March 21

Nelson circled something on a piece of paper and handed it to him, and told him to look at it and tell the court if he posted it.

Counelis said 'yes,' and was dismissed from the room. It’s not clear if he’s been taken off the list of potential jurors.

According to its Facebook page, the Coffee Party Progressives is a group “dedicated to seeking justice for Trayvon Martin.”

On March 21 Counelis wrote on its page that the justice system “needs an enema."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1102 on: June 12, 2013, 09:01:18 PM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/06/12/3447228/potential-juror-dismissed-as-lawyers.html

Posted on Wednesday, 06.12.13
Potential juror dismissed as lawyers move forward in Trayvon Martin shooting case

SANFORD --  As lawyers continued jury selection for the George Zimmerman trial, Trayvon Martin’s parents on Wednesday thanked potential jurors for their candor while calling for media pundits to stop demonizing the slain teen.

Benjamin Crump, the Martin family attorney, at a press conference blasted a former New York City detective who a day earlier had appeared on a cable news panel show, saying Trayvon would be alive if he hadn’t shown “street attitude.”

“The evidence shows there is no blood on Trayvon’s hands,” Crump told reporters after Wednesday’s court session. “Trayvon is not on trial here, he is the victim. Trayvon’s killer, George Zimmerman, is the man who is on trial.

The sensitivity to press accounts comes as prosecutors and defense attorneys have spent the week grilling possible jurors about how the widespread publicity has shaped their views — and trying to determine if they can focus on only the evidence presented at trial.

Among the potential jurors questioned Wednesday: an older white woman who said she did not own a gun and found the concept of an unarmed person getting fatally shot a “tough concept,” a young black woman who gets most of her news from Facebook and a younger white woman who recalled Zimmerman’s “unique” website aimed at raising money for his legal defense. All three agreed that media reports had pushed the racial angle of the case.

The day’s highlights featured blunt honesty, some indecision and one juror with less candor.

One bearded young man in his 20s was dismissed after he said he didn’t care about the outcome of the case — and suggested he couldn’t be fair toward the defendant.

“Murder is murder, even in self-defense. Still doesn’t make it right,” the man told a prosecutor, saying Zimmerman’s story was one-sided. “Dead men tell no tales.”

Another juror, a father of two known only as potential juror B87 — members of the jury pool are not being identified by name — initially told lawyers he had reached an opinion on the case. But when pressed, the man would not elaborate.

“I don’t really think I was on one side or another just because I didn’t know the whole story,” he said. It was unclear if he was dismissed.

One of the final people interviewed Wednesday was apparently less than forthright.

The middle-aged, goateed musician and artist who described himself as “underemployed” insisted he had not made up his mind about Zimmerman’s guilt, saying he had shied away from debating the controversy with friends and colleagues.

But then, after lawyers met in a private huddle, Judge Debra S. Nelson presented the man with a printout of a March 21, 2012, post on a Facebook page for a group called the Coffee Party Progressives.

The man acknowledged that he had written the post. It was unclear whether he was dismissed but the post with the man’s photo included a caustic diatribe about the “corrupt” and “stonewalling” Sanford police. The post reads: “The Seminole County ‘Justice’ System needs an ENEMA.”
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1103 on: June 12, 2013, 10:32:22 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/could-george-zimmerman-jury-candidate-face-perjury-charges/-/14266478/20545746/-/602xhk/-/index.html
Could George Zimmerman jury candidate face perjury charges?
June 12, 2013

SANFORD, Fla. —A potential juror who was questioned Wednesday may have perjured himself about a Facebook post on the third day of jury selection for the George Zimmerman trial, according to WESH 2’s legal analysts.
The juror, whose identity is being kept confidential, said he had not written anything about the case on social media websites
Attorneys apparently found information that suggested the jury candidate did, in fact, make inflammatory posts. The juror apparently called the Sanford Police Department corrupt.

“You put him in jail. That’s the bottom line,” legal analyst Richard Hornsby said.

Hornsby said that juror should face perjury charges.

“Judge Nelson needs to step in and hold him in contempt,” Hornsby said.

Zimmerman's wife, Shellie Zimmerman, faces a perjury charge in the case.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1104 on: June 12, 2013, 10:38:41 PM »

It doesn't look like the potential juror wasted any time giving an interview....   

https://twitter.com/RHughesWFTV

Ryan Hughes - WFTV ‏@RHughesWFTV 15m
TONIGHT: We talked to his potential #GeorgeZimmerman juror about his abrupt dismissal. He speaks out at 11. pic.twitter.com/gyYeqLod6D
 View photo   

Ryan Hughes - WFTV ‏@RHughesWFTV 18m
@KCraigWFTV - It was unbelievable earlier.
 View conversation

Ryan Hughes - WFTV ‏@RHughesWFTV 26m
Dismissed juror in #GeorgeZimmerman case referred to defendant as "Johnny Law." Hear from the #LakeMary man @ 11 on #WFTV.

Ryan Hughes - WFTV ‏@RHughesWFTV 1h
TONIGHT @ 10: #WFTV speaks to man dismissed from #GeorgeZimmerman jury pool after attorneys find 2012 #Facebook post.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1105 on: June 12, 2013, 10:40:35 PM »

http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/zimmerman-audio-debate-a-farce/

Zimmerman audio debate a farce
Exclusive: Jack Cashill pokes holes in prosecutors' weak arguments in Trayvon case
Published: 4 hours ago

Jury selection in the George Zimmerman trial started this week in Sanford, Fla., without any resolution to the so-called “Frye hearing” to determine whether certain scientific evidence is admissible.

In the Zimmerman case, the evidence in question is the allegedly scientific audio analysis of just who was desperately screaming help for 40 seconds before a single gunshot ended the screaming – Zimmerman, the shooter, or Trayvon Martin, the young man who was shot.

The state of Florida wants its own audio experts to testify. Zimmerman’s attorneys think the science is very nearly bogus and thus inadmissible, but both sides have to know that it was Zimmerman who was doing the screaming.

By insisting on expert testimony, the prosecutors are doing what defense attorneys do when they have a weak case, namely muddying the waters and hoping to plant the seed of reasonable doubt.

For a defense attorney this is standard practice. For a prosecutor, it is unethical, perhaps even criminal. All evidence points to Zimmerman as the man who screamed “help” or “help me” at least 14 times as recorded on one of the 9-1-1 calls.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1106 on: June 12, 2013, 10:46:48 PM »

It doesn't look like the potential juror wasted any time giving an interview....   

https://twitter.com/RHughesWFTV

Ryan Hughes - WFTV ‏@RHughesWFTV 15m
TONIGHT: We talked to his potential #GeorgeZimmerman juror about his abrupt dismissal. He speaks out at 11. pic.twitter.com/gyYeqLod6D
 View photo   

Ryan Hughes - WFTV ‏@RHughesWFTV 18m
@KCraigWFTV - It was unbelievable earlier.
 View conversation

Ryan Hughes - WFTV ‏@RHughesWFTV 26m
Dismissed juror in #GeorgeZimmerman case referred to defendant as "Johnny Law." Hear from the #LakeMary man @ 11 on #WFTV.

Ryan Hughes - WFTV ‏@RHughesWFTV 1h
TONIGHT @ 10: #WFTV speaks to man dismissed from #GeorgeZimmerman jury pool after attorneys find 2012 #Facebook post.

It will be interesting to see if the court goes after this guy.  Did they swear in the potential jurors?  If not, this matter will probably be dropped.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1107 on: June 12, 2013, 11:26:39 PM »

http://fox6now.com/2013/06/12/zimmerman-trial-nears-next-phase-of-jury-selection/

Zimmerman trial nears next phase of jury selection
Posted on: 6:51 pm, June 12, 2013, by Katie DeLong, updated on: 07:39pm, June 12, 2013

A representative for the court has told HLN that once 30 jurors have been questioned about media coverage and have not been eliminated for cause, the next stage for these potential jurors will be traditional voir dire, in which attorneys will be able ask them questions about other subjects they believe to be important to the case.

These subjects could include race, self-defense and crime.

The court only needs 10 more jurors to move on to voir dire, meaning 20 have qualified. Four jurors questioned Wednesday were dismissed.
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1108 on: June 12, 2013, 11:57:21 PM »

I'm beginning to think Tracy Martin knew what was on his son's phone and that is why he didn't not help LE when they asked for the password.

TM's parent's failed him and now they got more than 1 million dollars.

And I think the only way they could get national attention is to play the race card.

Who did TM live with? i always though he lived with his mother.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1109 on: June 13, 2013, 01:48:09 AM »

I'm beginning to think Tracy Martin knew what was on his son's phone and that is why he didn't not help LE when they asked for the password.

And I think the only way they could get national attention is to play the race card.

bbm That's what I remember--he lived with his mother.

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1110 on: June 13, 2013, 09:49:02 AM »

Hi Monks 
 The only thing that matters is what happened that night. It does not matter if TM had thuggery on his celly. It doesnt matter that GZ is being accused of molesting his cousin .... but... made 46 calls to Sanford police reporting suspicous black males..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/05/28/george-zimmermans-relevant-past/
By Jonathan Capehart, Published: May 28, 2013 at 3:10

When George Zimmerman followed Trayvon Martin the night of Feb. 26, 2012, he ignored an admonition not to do so from the police dispatcher. The request for his arrest, written by the lead detective, noted that Zimmerman’s killing of Trayvon could have been avoided if he’d remained in his vehicle or identified himself “as a concerned citizen.” Just what in Zimmerman’s past might have led him to take these actions and kill an unarmed teenager with a gunshot to the chest is relevant in this case.

What is not relevant is Trayvon’s past. And Judge Debra Nelson made that clear today when she denied several motions by Zimmerman attorney Mark O’Mara to introduce the 17-year-old’s suspension from school, past marijuana use and his participation in fights. There’s a possibility that such evidence could make it to trial, but by releasing all the information last week, O’Mara ensured that everyone, including potential jurors, knows what lurked in his client’s victim’s past. But thanks to Florida’s incredible sunshine laws, we know a few relevant things about Zimmerman.

In July 2005, he was arrested for “resisting officer with violence.” The neighborhood watch volunteer who wanted to be a cop got into a scuffle with cops who were questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking. The charges were reduced and then waived after he entered an alcohol education program. Then in August 2005, Zimmerman’s former fiance sought a restraining order against him because of domestic violence. Zimmerman sought a restraining order against her in return. Both were granted. Meanwhile, over the course of eight years, Zimmerman made at least 46 calls to the Sanford (Fla.) Police Department reporting suspicious activity involving black males.
We also know that Witness No. 9 accused Zimmerman of molesting her when they were children. The relative’s revelation is appalling but irrelevant. What most folks don’t know is that Witness No. 9 made an explosive allegation against her cousin. “I know George. And I know that he does not like black people,” she told a Sanford police officer during a telephone call in which she pleaded for anonymity. “He would start something. He’s a very confrontational person. It’s in his blood. Let’s just say that. I don’t want this poor kid and his family to just be overlooked.” At the end of the call, Witness No. 9 urged the officer to “get character reports from other people and see if he’s ever said anything about black people, about being racist or anything like that because I guarantee you there’s somebody out there who will say it.”

That phone call was significant because it was placed two days after Zimmerman killed Trayvon and a couple of weeks before the case drew national attention. Witness No. 9 wasn’t seeking attention. “I’m a mom,” she told police. “I can’t stand seeing that some kid got shot and killed over a stupid fight, especially one that my [redacted] … because I know who he is.”

George Zimmerman is the one who stands accused of second-degree murder. He, not Trayvon Martin, is the one on trial starting June 10. And who Zimmerman is more relevant to the proceedings than who Trayvon was.
BBM

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1111 on: June 13, 2013, 10:27:49 AM »

She kicked him out - it's in the extracted data from his phone, and I read in several places but would need to go back and find it that Trayvon lived with his uncle Stepehen...and Tracy lived with his sister. I'll double check on that.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1112 on: June 13, 2013, 10:28:13 AM »

bbm That's what I remember--he lived with his mother.

it turns out his mother sent him to live with his uncle stephen.

And I hate people calling GZ a hero or whatever.

IMO, He's not a hero. He is a regular guy who had to do what he did in order to save his life.

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1113 on: June 13, 2013, 10:30:35 AM »

Hi Monks 
 The only thing that matters is what happened that night. It does not matter if TM had thuggery on his celly. It doesnt matter that GZ is being accused of molesting his cousin .... but... made 46 calls to Sanford police reporting suspicous black males..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/05/28/george-zimmermans-relevant-past/
By Jonathan Capehart, Published: May 28, 2013 at 3:10

When George Zimmerman followed Trayvon Martin the night of Feb. 26, 2012, he ignored an admonition not to do so from the police dispatcher. The request for his arrest, written by the lead detective, noted that Zimmerman’s killing of Trayvon could have been avoided if he’d remained in his vehicle or identified himself “as a concerned citizen.” Just what in Zimmerman’s past might have led him to take these actions and kill an unarmed teenager with a gunshot to the chest is relevant in this case.

What is not relevant is Trayvon’s past. And Judge Debra Nelson made that clear today when she denied several motions by Zimmerman attorney Mark O’Mara to introduce the 17-year-old’s suspension from school, past marijuana use and his participation in fights. There’s a possibility that such evidence could make it to trial, but by releasing all the information last week, O’Mara ensured that everyone, including potential jurors, knows what lurked in his client’s victim’s past. But thanks to Florida’s incredible sunshine laws, we know a few relevant things about Zimmerman.

In July 2005, he was arrested for “resisting officer with violence.” The neighborhood watch volunteer who wanted to be a cop got into a scuffle with cops who were questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking. The charges were reduced and then waived after he entered an alcohol education program. Then in August 2005, Zimmerman’s former fiance sought a restraining order against him because of domestic violence. Zimmerman sought a restraining order against her in return. Both were granted. Meanwhile, over the course of eight years, Zimmerman made at least 46 calls to the Sanford (Fla.) Police Department reporting suspicious activity involving black males.
We also know that Witness No. 9 accused Zimmerman of molesting her when they were children. The relative’s revelation is appalling but irrelevant. What most folks don’t know is that Witness No. 9 made an explosive allegation against her cousin. “I know George. And I know that he does not like black people,” she told a Sanford police officer during a telephone call in which she pleaded for anonymity. “He would start something. He’s a very confrontational person. It’s in his blood. Let’s just say that. I don’t want this poor kid and his family to just be overlooked.” At the end of the call, Witness No. 9 urged the officer to “get character reports from other people and see if he’s ever said anything about black people, about being racist or anything like that because I guarantee you there’s somebody out there who will say it.”

That phone call was significant because it was placed two days after Zimmerman killed Trayvon and a couple of weeks before the case drew national attention. Witness No. 9 wasn’t seeking attention. “I’m a mom,” she told police. “I can’t stand seeing that some kid got shot and killed over a stupid fight, especially one that my [redacted] … because I know who he is.”

George Zimmerman is the one who stands accused of second-degree murder. He, not Trayvon Martin, is the one on trial starting June 10. And who Zimmerman is more relevant to the proceedings than who Trayvon was.
BBM

While I disagree with you about GZ, I do respect your opinion and I enjoy reading your posts.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1114 on: June 13, 2013, 10:33:31 AM »

June 13, 2013 Tweets Cont. (Read from bottom up)
https://twitter.com/tonypipitone

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 8m
Asked by #GeorgeZimmerman defense if "race played any part in this?" E-75 says, "Yea, for sure ... People just got riled up." But not him.

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 19m
Jurors get $15/day for Days1-3 if unemployed or not paid by job; $30/day thereafter. If employer pays, $0 for first 3 days, $30 thereafter.

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 41m
Shellie Zimmerman is here, sans security guy whose cellphone went off in court yesterday.

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 44m
E-75, a young white male, 20s, with sunglasses hanging on collar of a sleeveless gym-style tank top.

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 59m
Shellie Zimmerman has not yet arrived in courtroom, where she has been all week. #TrayvonMartin family and attorneys are here.

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 1h
E-50 has been VP of his homeowners association, so he understands neighborhood watch.

“@KatyDonson: @DavidOvalle305 @TonyPipitone Nope. West Virginia accent. #J4TM” You are correct!
 View conversation

E-50, a white male maybe late 50s, early 60s, with a hint of an old Florida accent.

Lawyers back in chambers with judge while #GeorgeZimmerman sits in court. 10 more must survive 1st round before 30 are questioned as group.

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1115 on: June 13, 2013, 10:35:21 AM »

does anybody know if manslaughter is on the table?

And the state overcharged and I hope Benjamin Crump and Angela Corey both loose their jobs.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1116 on: June 13, 2013, 10:35:30 AM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-florida/trayvon-martin-extended-coverage/watch-george-zimmerman-trial-live
Watch George Zimmerman Murder Trial Live

Also:  Live updates from court.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1117 on: June 13, 2013, 10:38:07 AM »

June 13, 2013 Tweets Cont.  (Read from bottom up)
https://twitter.com/bobkealing

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing 3m
Lawyers/judge now discussing this candidate, one of the most intriguing of the week. #TrayvonMartin #GeorgeZimmerman

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing 7m
This young man, recent high school grad is presenting his views very well and articulating differences between his reaction and his peers.

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing 16m
Student/candidate estimates 70% of teen peers were pro #TrayvonMartin said teachers would "shut down" discussions which got heated.

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing 23m
This candidate just graduated high school "a couple weeks ago." Has interesting insight in to how teens #TrayvonMartin age reacted.

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing 31m
Student/jury candidate says he saw Facebook posts of people wanting to start riots; mad about police inaction. Says he had no opinion.

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing 38m
Zimmerman attorney asks tank topped jury candidate/student:  Aren't you cold?

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing 49m
Next #Zimmerman  jury candidate young WM in tank top. Looks like he just came off the basketball court. He's 26th overall candidate.

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing 1h
Current #Zimmerman jury candidate homeowners assoc.VP who lost mentally ill son remembers images of GZ being of "smaller proportion."

Once again judge questions #Zimmerman about his participation: answers repeatedly "yes your honor" first candidate of day. 25th overall. Wm.

Legal teams emerge from judge's chamber with court reporter. Unk what matter was discussed. #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin

Good morning from day 4 of #Zimmerman jury selection. 10 more needed to move on tonext round of questions. Follow @WESH

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1118 on: June 13, 2013, 10:48:28 AM »

does anybody know if manslaughter is on the table?

And the state overcharged and I hope Benjamin Crump and Angela Corey both loose their jobs.

I agree with you...  Monkey Devil!
manslaughter seems to be more appropriate
and thanks for your comment. Civility is key

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1119 on: June 13, 2013, 10:54:34 AM »

June 13, Tweets Cont.
https://twitter.com/bobkealing

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing 3m
Candidate: My mind is made up. #TrayvonMartin grew up without a father present "that's hard for a boy."

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing 8m
This is the most pro #GeorgeZimmerman candidate to date. George "was just protecting his neighborhood." Says nothing to indicate his guilt.

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing 10m
Woman/candidate talking about #TrayvonMartin smoking pot, "going down the wrong path" as his parents sit a couple rows away.

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing 11m
This candidate late 30s, WF in pink sweater. Last candidate teen WM wearing tank top also had shorts on. Quite a cross section of people

bob kealing ‏@bobkealing 15m
Next candidate WF: I believe #GeorgeZimmerman is innocent, just defending himself. Suggests she can set feelings aside.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.