March 19, 2024, 03:17:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #3 7/12/12 - 6/14/13  (Read 431296 times)
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2012, 10:29:27 AM »

https://twitter.com/SunnyHostin

Sunny Hostin ‏@SunnyHostin
Barbara Walters says that Sean Hannity contributed to George Zimmerman's pay pal account.  2m

Sunny Hostin‏@SunnyHostin

@porcelain10 CORRECTION. Barbara Walters said Sean Hannity did NOT contribute to Zimmerman's Pay Pal account in response to ? from R.Barr

tupelohoney - TY  you're doing a yeoman's job of posting links
After I posted Sunny Hostin's correction above, I saw that you had already posted it - sorry.
No need to be sorry, I do it more than I care too. 

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2012, 06:18:24 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/16/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Girls Vanish During Bike Ride

Aired July 16, 2012 - 19:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.
 ::snipping2::
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We`re getting new evidence now released by prosecutors.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: New FBI reports released just a few hours ago.

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN, CHARGED WITH TRAYVON MARTIN`S MURDER: He said, "You got a problem?" And I turned around. I said, "No, I don`t have a problem, man."

SYBRINA FULTON, MOTHER OF TRAYVON MARTIN: This is not about a black and white thing. This is about a right and wrong thing.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The question that a lot of people asking here, what role, if any, did race play in the case?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Somehow, Mr. Martin, because he`s wearing a hoodie is a criminal?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: George Zimmerman`s attorney meanwhile says he cannot get a fail trial because the judge in this case is biased.

Former neighborhood watch volunteer charged with killing Trayvon Martin wants Judge Kenneth Lester to step down from the case.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, new ugly allegations emerge in the Trayvon Martin shooting case. A new witness steps forward and accuses shooter, the volunteer neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman of racism and of a decade of sexual abuse.

George Zimmerman, currently out of jail in a safe house awaiting trial after gunning down unarmed teen Trayvon Martin. Cops interview scores of witnesses including one woman who lashed out against the shooter with disturbing new claims. Defense attorney, Mark O`Meara, says this is George Zimmerman`s own cousin.

The police audio of this mystery witness called Witness Number Nine was just released. And what she has to say is shocking. Listen.

(BEGIN AUDIO CLIP)

WITNESS NUMBER 9: It started when I was six. He`s about almost two years older than I am. He would reach under the blankets and try to do things. I would try to push him off but he was bigger and stronger and older. It was in front of everybody. And I don`t know how I didn`t say anything, but I just didn`t know any better.

(END AUDIO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s reemphasize what this mystery Witness Number Nine has said is that Zimmerman was just eight years old when she claims he began touching her inappropriately. She says it continued until he was 17. We will not be naming Witness Number Nine. We have reached out to her for comment and we`re told that nobody in her family would be speaking to the media.

Zimmerman`s defense team fought tooth and nails to keep this evidence from being released, arguing right up until the very moment it was made public.

Now that it`s out Zimmerman`s attorney Mark O`Meara says, quote, "This statement is not relevant to this." He also says it will not be admissible in the trial. Instead it should not have been made public because this claim is likely to lead to widespread hostile publicity against George Zimmerman that could substantially impair his fair trial rights, obviously.

Zimmerman has already been the target of nationwide public hostility. There were nationwide marches and protests calling for his arrest.

Does this change your opinion of George Zimmerman? Call me 1-877-JVM- SAYS. That`s 1-877-586-7297.

Straight out to Natalie Jackson, we are delighted to have her. She`s the attorney for Trayvon Martin`s family. Natalie thank you for being here.

What`s your reaction to this claim of mystery Witness Number Nine who claims George Zimmerman touched her inappropriately starting when he was 8 years old. A lot of people are saying it`s irrelevant. It`s prejudicial and he was only 8 when it started allegedly.

NATALIE JACKSON, ATTORNEY FOR TRAYVON MARTIN`S FAMILY: Well, I have to tell you Jane, our defense team, we have known about this witness for a while. We decided not to talk about her because we felt that it was her story to tell and it was, you know, out of respect for her privacy.

What a lot of people have forgotten is that this witness made a phone call to the police department two days after the shooting. This was before any media got involved. This was before she knew that this case would be on a public and such a large national and global scale. She was just trying to do the right thing.

My heart really goes out to her because I don`t think she meant for this to become a public incident. And I don`t think she meant for her life to be examined or George`s life to be examined. She was just trying to give the police information on what she knew about George Zimmerman.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. Natalie, I was asking you -- first of all. We don`t know who she is. I don`t know how much her life has been disrupted. But for those who say this should never have been released. It`s irrelevant. It`s highly prejudicial. And how can you blame somebody for something that allegedly happened -- started when they were 8?

JACKSON: It will be relevant. I believe the prosecutor has inferred in this case that she`ll be used as a rebuttal witness. That means that if there`s any testimony from George Zimmerman`s side or from the defense side that he -- he doesn`t have racial tendencies or he is not a violent person, I believe that`s why they disclosed her.

Because she called -- the first statement from her that was released was the statement that she made just to inform the police department to look further into this because she believes that race may have played a part in it. And, you know, she`s known him for a very, very long time. So I think that -- like I said --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Mark Eiglarsh, criminal defense attorney, your thoughts on relevance and the prejudicial nature, if so.

MARK EIGLARSH, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Once again, I find myself thoroughly disagreeing with Miss Jackson. Not because I want to be argumentative but I completely disagree. There`s no legal relevance whatsoever to this alleged -- these allegations that took place when he was a child. I have no idea if it`s true or not. But that has nothing to do with a shooting case.

Now as it relates to her alleges of racism, what she`s alleging is his family, they`re all racist, and she gives an explanation of why she believes the mother is a racist. And maybe the mother is. I have no idea. But when asked what specific words flowed from George Zimmerman`s lips to cause you to conclude that he was a racist, she couldn`t give anything specific.

And furthermore she was asked did you see him act out in any manner to suggest that he was a racist? No. She can`t give any example. So once again I find this witness to be not credible, not usable, completely irrelevant.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We asked you, our viewers, for pictures of your pets and here -- ah, look at little Boo. If you want to send one in, hlntv.com/Jane. Riley, you`re fabulous. Let`s see, Skip. Nice flowers Skip.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK) (BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We`re currently doing an investigation into the cause of his death, there`s a security hold that`s going to be placed on the case. All we can confirm is that he has passed away, and we`ll be doing an autopsy in the next couple of days and the cause of death will probably be pending toxicology, (inaudible) pathology and further testing.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right, we`re talking about George Zimmerman and we wanted to play a clip, because there`s this new witness, mystery Witness Number Nine who claims that George Zimmerman and his whole family had kind of a racist attitude. We`ll play a clip -- and it`s about 21 seconds -- and then we`ll get Natalie Jackson`s reaction to that.

(BEGIN AUDIO CLIP)

WITNESS NUMBER 9: I was afraid that he may have done something because the kid was black. Because growing up, they`ve always made -- him and his family have always made statements that they don`t like black people if they don`t act like white people.

(END AUDIO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Natalie Jackson, attorney for Trayvon Martin`s family, this kind of dovetails with a former colleague who was Arab- American who said that George Zimmerman impersonated him as a terrorist character. Your thoughts?

JACKSON: Well, my thoughts on this is I want to go back to whether or not she is admissible into this case. This is about George Zimmerman`s mentality. She could be called as a rebuttal witness -- I`ll still stand by that. Now, he can decide what part of her testimony she can talk about.

A judge may rule that what she says about any accusations and molestations irrelevant and may allow other testimony in about what she says about the racial ideologies he had. My thoughts in it is that it`s going to depend on how the door is opened, how she is brought in. The state has listed her as a witness in this case and they have indicated that they will use her as a rebuttal witness.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Quickly, Mark Eiglarsh.

EIGLARSH: Yes. Anything or anyone could be listed as a rebuttal witness, it doesn`t mean that they have anything of value to say. They have to prove that this was ill will, hatred, or spite which is what caused Zimmerman to act. And I don`t see it so far.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2012, 07:05:52 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/19/ddhln.01.html
DR. DREW
Missing Kids; Living with a Mental Illness
Aired July 19, 2012 - 21:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.
DR. DREW PINSKY, HOST: Here we go.
PINSKY: Thank you, Patrick. George Zimmerman`s shocking interview about the night he shot Trayvon Martin. I want to hear from you about that. I`ll be joined by Marcia Clark. Our number here, 855-DrDrew5.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)
PINSKY: George Zimmerman says it was God`s plan that brought he and Trayvon Martin together the night of their deadly confrontation. I`m not so sure. I think it was Mr. Zimmerman following Trayvon and making Trayvon suspicious that led to all the trouble, but Zimmerman admits to shooting Trayvon in the chest.

He says it was self-defense. He`s out on bail, charged with second- degree murder. Last night, he spoke to Fox News` Sean Hannity. Take a look.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
GEORGE ZIMMERMAN, ACCUSED OF KILLING TRAYVON MARTIN: I felt he was suspicious because it was raining. He was in between houses, cutting in between houses, and he was walking very leisurely for the weather. He started bashing my head into the concrete sidewalk. As soon as he broke my nose, I started yelling for help.

So, I was disoriented, and he started slamming my head into concrete. He said you`re going to die tonight (EXPLETIVE DELETED) and took one hand off of my mouth and I felt it going down my chest towards my belt and my holster and that`s when I didn`t have any more time.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

PINSKY: Joining us, Marcia Clark, former prosecutor and author of "Guilt By Degrees." Marcia, do you think it was a good idea for Zimmerman`s attorney to allow him to address the media?

MARCIA CLARK, FORMER PROSECUTOR: I`m of two minds about that, Drew. You know, I`m not sure. Usually, I would say categorically no. It`s always a bad idea. Don`t let your client be out there. Don`t let the prosecution get preview of what he`s going to say so they can be ready to punch holes in it. In this case, though, it may be the right thing for him to do, because there`s so much out there that`s bad for him, so much anti- Zimmerman opinion, theory, evidence that he wants to start back spinning it.

He needs to backspin. He needs to start creating a doubt in people`s minds. And so, having Zimmerman out there saying there`s another side, here`s my side to erode some of that certainty is probably a good move.

PINSKY: Do you think that by going out there and eroding some of that opinion, he can affect jury selection or who might be in that jury pool?

CLARK: Oh, that`s the idea.

PINSKY: OK.
CLARK: Generally. Oh, yes. That`s definitely what they`re doing. They`re trying to taint the jury pool or they would say balance the jury pool.
PINSKY: Taint or balance. That`s how we look at it. Now, after the interview, Zimmerman re-launched his website. It`s called TheRealGeorgeZimmerman.com asking supporters to donate to his defense fund. Take a look at this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ZIMMERMAN: However, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you, the masses. This is our website. It`s not my website. It is our website where you can personally communicate with me, and I hope to be your website to provide the facts.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

PINSKY: Again, do you think his attorney was endorsing, allowing, embracing this idea?

CLARK: That, I`m not sure of. I don`t know what compliant client he is or not. And that has a lot to do with it. He`s shown himself to kind of be a little bit of a loose cannon in the beginning of this case. So, he may have gone off on his own to do this one. I don`t know. I don`t recommend what he`s doing here.

And if he`s trying to actually interact spontaneously with people who call in and ask for his side of the story, that`s an even worse idea. Horrible idea.

PINSKY: But he does need money for his defense fund.

CLARK: Yes, I`m sure.

PINSKY: Let`s take a quick call. Let`s talk to Randi in Florida -- Randi.

PINSKY: Randi.
RANDI: I guess, you know, after the watching the interview last night, I was really very confused and I still don`t understand why Zimmerman did not identify himself with his name and, of course, his role as neighborhood watch.

And then, I was also confused as to, you know, he just followed him, you know, was what we heard originally, and then last time, he says, well, I just went the same direction which, you know, of course, means the same thing.

PINSKY: So, Randi, you kind of feel like he was trying to engage as opposed to saying, hey, get out of here, I`m the neighborhood watch that sort of thing, right?

RANDI: Right. Exactly.

PINSKY: That`s an interesting thought, isn`t it?

CLARK: It really is.

PINSKY: Yes.

CLARK: And it`s a good point.

PINSKY: Yes. I think that`s -- because that`s the core here, isn`t it?

CLARK: Yes.
PINSKY: It`s like he made some choices that led to a horrible outcome.
CLARK: Yes.

PINSKY: Horrible.

CLARK: Horrible.

PINSKY: What people are really scrutinizing is what was in his head at the beginning?

CLARK: What was in his head? What was motivating him? Why did he follow? How long did he follow? And then, ultimately, the credibility call of all time, which is, do we believe the story he`s telling us now or not? And at the end of the day, Drew, it`s going to come down to this. You`re going to have many statements from him.

You`re going to have the original statements to the police, you`re going to have the subsequent statements to the police, then you`re going to have these statements, you`re going to have a million statements. To the extent they`re inconsistent, that hurts him. The other thing you`re going to have is physical evidence.

What on Trayvon martin`s body tells us that we should or should not believe George Zimmerman? He says Trayvon hit him, punched him in the head repeatedly. You know, that the head is a bony, bony structure. If you`re punching it with your fist, you`re going to have abrasions on your knuckles. You`re going to have bruises

There should be some blood on him if he broke his nose, and he`s continuing to contact him. We`ll see what the autopsy and the forensics say. That`s going to be critical, too.
PINSKY: Well, you know, one thing I did take -- I took away from this, this is all so damn sad. This is just sad for everybody. Khalid in North Carolina -- Khalid. Khalid? Maybe mispronouncing that name? All right. Meryl in California -- Meryl.

MERYL, CALIFORNIA: Yes.

PINSKY: Go right ahead.

MERYL: Yes. My question is, why would a -- Zimmerman`s attorney allow his client to use the word "God`s plan" in any kind of a phrase in defense of his actions? That was the nail in his coffin because now the prosecuting attorney could zone in that the thing was planned.

I think he should have said if he used the word "God`s plan" should have been it was God`s plan to -- for him to survive the beating, but not to use it in his defense --

PINSKY: Or God`s will. God`s will.

CLARK: Well, that`s you why don`t let your client do these interviews because you can only control so much.

PINSKY: Right.
CLARK: Right? I mean, I understand why he wanted to do it. I can even see this unique case, maybe it was a good idea, but this is why you don`t do it.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2012, 07:16:51 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/19/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
New Developments in Case of Missing Iowa girls
Aired July 19, 2012 - 19:00   ET

Plus, new outrage in the wake of George Zimmerman`s first TV interview. You won`t believe what the accused gunman says when asked if he regrets the night he killed Trayvon Martin. The dead teen`s family is furious.

Was this a brilliant PR move for Zimmerman`s defense? Or could it be a gift to prosecutors in his upcoming murder trial?

::snipping2::(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: George Zimmerman`s first TV interview.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: George Zimmerman actually went on Fox News last night to tell his side of the story.

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN, CHARGED WITH TRAYVON MARTIN`S MURDER: I`m not a racist. And I`m not a murderer.

He apologized to the family of Trayvon Martin, but also said he has no regrets.

DARYL PARKS ATTORNEY FOR TRAYVON MARTIN`S FAMILY: The state attorney is going to see this interview as a gift.

ZIMMERMAN: I feel like it was all God`s plan.

SYBRINA FULTON, MOTHER OF TRAYVON MARTIN: God did not have a plan for Trayvon to die.

ZIMMERMAN: I do wish that there was something, anything I could have done that wouldn`t have put me in the position where I had to take his life.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Why did he even get out to call? Why was my son so suspicious?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We have breaking news just into the newsroom on this case. Just minutes ago an all-new George Zimmerman video came out. We`ve put it through our process and we can show you a tiny tidbit. That`s how recently it came in.

Jane Velez-Mitchell back with you live. Now, here it is. His first message to the public straight from his Web site. Take a look at this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ZIMMERMAN: Hello. This is George Zimmerman. First and foremost I want to thank you all for visiting the realGeorgeZimmerman.com. We`ve re- launched this Web site to once again thank you, my supporters.

My intention was and still is to personally and individually thank you all. However, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you, the masses.

This is our Web site. It`s not my Web site. It is our Web site where you can personally communicate with me. And I hope to be your Web site to provide facts.

(END VIDEO CLIP)
(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok. I`m watching that as you`re watching that. This case has gone off the rails. What the heck was that? A defendant who is in a safehouse.

You know what; it reminds me of the Casey Anthony videos, the video diary she sent out.

I got to go to Daryl Parks, the attorney for Trayvon Martin`s family. That`s the family -- that`s the family of the young man gunned down, the unarmed teen who`s going to get Skittles and ice tea.

Did you see and hear that new video? Oh my gosh. We just got it in.

PARKS: I just listened to it. But I`m not really surprised by that because some of the information that I have read this week indicated that, one, they were trying to solicit funds. Number two, I saw a very interesting piece of data that said George Zimmerman was maintaining editorial control of that Web site as he re-launched it. So, I`m not surprised by him coming out. I figured there was some reason for him maintaining editorial control of that Web site.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But do you think it`s appropriate?

PARKS: Well, I don`t think it`s really up to me to judge the appropriateness of him, you know, doing a Web site. Everyone has a right to freedom of speech. He has a right to speech. He has a right to his own strategy. And so that`s a decision he and his advisors must make. And that`s a decision I guess they`ve made.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, that`s a very gracious response. To me it`s like, what? What is happening to criminal cases that defendants are now basically plugging themselves on the web and saying, hey, basically come to me and come to this Web site? I mean, this is like a commercial. This involves a dead young man. That was by the way from the realGeorgeZimmerman.com.

We`re going to play it again in a second. Zimmerman of course, awaiting trial for shooting and killing unarmed teen Trayvon Martin; he`s been out of jail for just a few days.

But now he`s breaking his silence to Fox News. And essentially last night in their exclusive interview he blamed God for what happened. Of course, Trayvon Martin`s parents were outraged by that statement. Watch this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ZIMMERMAN: I feel that it was all God`s plan. And for me to second- guess it or judge it --

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

FULTON: I think it`s absolutely ridiculous. God did not have a plan for Trayvon to die and for George Zimmerman to shoot Trayvon for no reason.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That wasn`t Zimmerman`s only attempt at getting on TV. He also met with Barbara Walters for a sit-down interview, but the interview never happened. Today on "The View" Barbara explained the whole thing.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

BARBARA WALTERS, CO-HOST, "THE VIEW": I was wearing a T-shirt. That should have been my first clue. And then said he would not do an interview. No matter what we said, but he would if there were one condition. It was a condition that being a member of ABC News I was unable to grant. (END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And what was that condition? According to Zimmerman`s lawyer, Mark O`Mara, George wanted shelter and security for his wife, Shellie, seen there, for a month. What does that mean? Zimmerman wanted ABC to spring for 30 days in a hotel room? Does all of this hurt or help George Zimmerman`s case?

Give me a holler. 1-877-JVM SAYS.

All right. I want to bring in Michelle Suskauer, criminal defense attorney. You`re down there in Florida where all this is going on. First of all, your reaction to this new video on the Internet; correct me if I`m wrong, but is this some kind of new phenomenon that we are seeing here tonight together for the first time. Defendants in high profile cases actually appealing directly to the public with a web interview or a web statement?

SUSKAUER, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, normally we don`t especially as a criminal defense lawyer, when you have a pending case, you really don`t want your client to speak. But this is a very, very unusual situation where it was really one-sided information slamming him for a very long time with really without any response. It was really one-sided.

And so this is his opportunity, I think he listened to it, listened to it. And even his counsel is saying, "Listen, don`t speak." He wants his opportunity to have his say because he may not testify at trial. And certainly everything that he says could be used against him. So this is his opportunity to speak and to have his peace, good or bad.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. I want to play this video again. Again, we just got it in. I heard it the way you did, but it`s fascinating to me.

Look at the palm trees in the background. We`re cueing it up because now this is at least the fourth time he`s spoken. Once after he was taken in by police, not officially arrested but taken in. Once when he gave his re-enactment, once to Hannity and now this -- let`s listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ZIMMERMAN: Hello. This is George Zimmerman. First and foremost I want to thank you all for visiting therealGeorgeZimmerman.com. We re- launched this Web site to once again thank you my supporters. My intention was and still is to personally and individually thank you all.

However, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you, the masses. This is our Web site. It`s not my Web site. It is our Web site where you can personally communicate with me. And I hope to be your Web site to provide facts.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, to me it`s got to all be about money, about raising funds for his defense. Because I heard that there was a spike, there`s been a spike in donations at key times in this case when he`s spoken out, et cetera.

Bryan Claypool, criminal defense attorney and child advocate, is it just me or is this bizarre? I mean, we have now entered a new dimension in terms of high-profile criminal cases. I personally have never seen something like this.

BRYAN CLAYPOOL, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Jane, I haven`t seen anything like it either, but this is a by-product of Mr. Zimmerman having lied at his bond hearing. If you recall, Judge Lester came down and chastised him greatly and said that he was making a mockery of the court. He was manipulative.

His attorney, Mark O`Meara, came back and said, look, I want to try to recuse this judge because you shouldn`t be attacking my client like that. So what`s happening now is Mr. O`Meara makes a decision, "Hey, I`ve got to get my guy out there. I have to do some PR work. I have to do some damage control here."

And I got to tell you, I think it`s a big mistake because when you have a criminal client defendant, Jane, picture it like a noose, like you have a noose that big. And when you allow your client to start talking the way that Zimmerman`s talking, that noose starts tightening and tightening and tightening. Because when you let a client talk in interviews like this, it`s almost like what`s that movie Tom Hanks was in a few years ago? "Forrest Gump", remember that comment he made about life`s like a box of chocolates? Well, y our clients no matter how much you prepare them to testify, witnesses and clients are like a box of chocolate. You never know what you`re going to get. And what you got here was Mr. Zimmerman saying things --
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ok. I think that`s an interesting analogy. Daryl Parks, I want to give you the last word. Just ten seconds. Do you think this is going to backfire all of this George Zimmerman in court?

PARKS: Without question. This case is about credibility. And all the inconsistencies that came out just in that interview alone was certainly going a good ways towards helping in the conviction of George Zimmerman.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Thank you, sir. Thank you fantastic panel for staying on top of that story. You know you`ll always get the latest on George Zimmerman right here.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2012, 12:40:42 AM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-20/news/os-george-zimmerman-hannity-part2-20120720_1_trayvon-martin-mark-o-mara-george-zimmerman

George Zimmerman on Hannity: 'I wear hoodies.'
8:53 p.m. EST, July 20, 2012|

In new video posted Friday night by Fox News, George Zimmerman said he "was hit hard" when he learned from Sanford police that he had killed a 17-year-old who was a good kid and carried nothing more sinister than candy and a can of iced tea.

The 28-year-old Neighborhood Watch volunteer gave conservative talk show host Sean Hannity an exclusive interview Wednesday. Hannity aired most of it that night, but Fox News posted a new, unaired segment on its website Friday night.

Zimmerman fatally shot the teenager, Trayvon Martin, Feb. 26 on a Sanford sidewalk. He says he acted in self-defense after the Miami Gardens high school junior attacked him, banged his head into a sidewalk, tried to smother him and reached for a gun Zimmerman wore on his waist.

In the Friday night clip, Zimmerman said he was heartbroken when Sanford police detectives told him that he'd killed a 17-year-old who had no criminal record, came from a loving family and carried no weapon, just a package of Skittles and a can of Arizona iced tea.

"The young man that I mentor is very close in age to Trayvon. I thought of him being in Trayvon's shoes," he said. "It broke my heart."

Zimmerman went on to explain that he and his wife, Shellie, have mentored a young brother and sister, both black, for more than a year.
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2012, 07:40:11 PM »

New VIDEO of George Zimmerman Thanking Supporters at TheRealGeorgeZimmerman.com (George Zimmerman – Trayvon Martin Trial)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/07/21/new-video-of-george-zimmerman-thanking-supporters-at-therealgeorgezimmerman-com-george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-trial/

It’s Baaack …

George Zimmerman’s web site,TheRealGeorgeZimmerman.com is back up and running. Zimmerman, the man charged with the second degree murder of  Trayvon Martin has relaunches the web site in hopes of providing his side of the story of what happened that fateful night. Zimmerman also hopes to combat the misrepresentations of a bias media and the rumors and lies of the Internet. I can’t say I do not blame him for wanting to put forth his version of occurrences over a media that appeared to have an agenda from day one. The liberal MSM wanted to portray the shooting as a hate crime from the beginning, even thought there was little evidence pointing to it during the investigation and the law enforcement even stated that Zimmerman was not a racist.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2012, 03:14:16 PM »

Civil rights group marches in Sanford, Fla., to honor Trayvon Martin
July 22 '12

The civil rights movement’s anthem "Ain’t Gonna Let Nobody Turn Me ’Round" could be heard from blocks away Saturday as more than 50 members of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference marched in Sanford, Fla.

The group, which was holding its 55th annual convention in nearby Lake Mary, Fla., marched along the brick-lined streets to Sanford City Hall to highlight voter rights and call out for justice in the death of Trayvon Martin, the teenager killed in February by neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman.

"We did not come here to mourn," said Art Rocker, chairman of the SCLC in Florida, during a passionate, fiery speech. "We’re here to wake up America. We’re here to wake up Florida"

http://bostonherald.com/news/national/south/view/20120722civil_rights_group_marches_in_sanford_fla_to_honor_trayvon_martin
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2012, 08:19:16 PM »

Civil rights group marches in Sanford, Fla., to honor Trayvon Martin
July 22 '12

The civil rights movement’s anthem "Ain’t Gonna Let Nobody Turn Me ’Round" could be heard from blocks away Saturday as more than 50 members of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference marched in Sanford, Fla.

The group, which was holding its 55th annual convention in nearby Lake Mary, Fla., marched along the brick-lined streets to Sanford City Hall to highlight voter rights and call out for justice in the death of Trayvon Martin, the teenager killed in February by neighborhood watch captain George Zimmerman.

"We did not come here to mourn," said Art Rocker, chairman of the SCLC in Florida, during a passionate, fiery speech. "We’re here to wake up America. We’re here to wake up Florida"

http://bostonherald.com/news/national/south/view/20120722civil_rights_group_marches_in_sanford_fla_to_honor_trayvon_martin

Wait, what is it exactly that we are being woken up to? Good lord will it never end?
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #128 on: July 23, 2012, 03:19:31 PM »

two words: Duke Lacrosse, Duke Lacrosse Duke Lacrosse

why have we not seen so far ANY evidence from the Prosecution that is is not a stand your ground case?

If GZ does get convicted by the jury, He will most likely win by appeal.

as of now, I still stand with GZ unless the prosecution has hard, cold evidence that this is not a stand your ground case.

and I think the whole "God's Plan" thing has been taken way out of context.

I did not get to watch the interview,...........  is there anywhere in that interview at all where GZ says " It was God's Plan for Trayvon to die'"?
sailcat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #129 on: July 23, 2012, 05:42:42 PM »

why have we not seen so far ANY evidence from the Prosecution that is is not a stand your ground case?

as of now, I still stand with GZ unless the prosecution has hard, cold evidence that this is not a stand your ground case.

I did not get to watch the interview,...........  is there anywhere in that interview at all where GZ says " It was God's Plan for Trayvon to die'"?

SEAN HANNITY, HOST, FOX NEWS' "HANNITY": Is there anything you might do differently in retrospect now that time has passed a little bit?

ZIMMERMAN: No, sir. I feel it was all God's plan, and for me to second guess it or judge it --

I honestly don't understand how a known liar and accused child molester has been turned into the victim here. He shot and killed an UNARMED kid, for crying out loud!

By the way... I've worked with some pretty hard-core delinquents for the last 30 years - much bigger and badder than Trayvon Martin - and not once have I allowed myself to be sucker-punched and nearly beaten to death by a skinny 17-year-old kid. At the very least, GZ must be the biggest wimp around. Holy cow!

I keep trying to get an answer to this question, but nobody on GZ's side will discuss it: Trayvon Martin obviously felt threatened by George Zimmerman. If Trayvon Martin had actually beaten George Zimmerman to death, should he be exonerated under the Stand Your Ground law?

"Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm."
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #130 on: July 23, 2012, 06:34:58 PM »

SEAN HANNITY, HOST, FOX NEWS' "HANNITY": Is there anything you might do differently in retrospect now that time has passed a little bit?

ZIMMERMAN: No, sir. I feel it was all God's plan, and for me to second guess it or judge it --

I honestly don't understand how a known liar and accused child molester has been turned into the victim here. He shot and killed an UNARMED kid, for crying out loud!

By the way... I've worked with some pretty hard-core delinquents for the last 30 years - much bigger and badder than Trayvon Martin - and not once have I allowed myself to be sucker-punched and nearly beaten to death by a skinny 17-year-old kid. At the very least, GZ must be the biggest wimp around. Holy cow!

I keep trying to get an answer to this question, but nobody on GZ's side will discuss it: Trayvon Martin obviously felt threatened by George Zimmerman. If Trayvon Martin had actually beaten George Zimmerman to death, should he be exonerated under the Stand Your Ground law?

With respect...It's my understanding that no, stand-your-ground would not apply to TM, IF it is true that TM doubled back to confront GZ, that TM was almost home then decided to do an about face, sad that he didn't continue home and into the house.

Sucker-punched is just that..glad it has never happened to you, did anyone ever make an attempt?
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #131 on: July 23, 2012, 07:12:00 PM »

why have we not seen so far ANY evidence from the PgTrosecution that is is not a stand your ground case?

With respect...It's my understanding that no, stand-your-ground would not apply to TM, IF it is true that TM doubled back to confront GZ, that TM was almost home then decided to do an about face, sad that he didn't continue home and into the house.

Sucker-punched is just that..glad it has never happened to you, did anyone ever make an attempt?

ACCUSED child molester. & lets not try to make it seem like it was a child accusing an adult. He was a child & she was a child. Funny how she jumped right in the middle of a high profile case to actually bring this out too. Maybe GZ is a wimp. Seems to me like tm may have been getting the best of him, hebce the gunshot. U cant judge strength in size either. I know some seemingly scrawny guys who can hold their own against any big guy.
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2012, 07:15:59 PM »

why have we not seen so far ANY evidence from the PgTrosecution that is is not a stand your ground case?

ACCUSED child molester. & lets not try to make it seem like it was a child accusing an adult. He was a child & she was a child. Funny how she jumped right in the middle of a high profile case to actually bring this out too. Maybe GZ is a wimp. Seems to me like tm may have been getting the best of him, hebce the gunshot. U cant judge strength in size either. I know some seemingly scrawny guys who can hold their own against any big guy.
Btw, how exactly is one supposed to be able to ascertain whether or not someone is armed or not? Baggy clothes can hide quite a bit imo.everyone seems so certain that gz had to have known he was unarmed.,how exactly would he know that?
sailcat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #133 on: July 23, 2012, 07:26:45 PM »

I understand what you're saying about TM doubling back and perhaps that would negate the SYG provision. On the other hand, if George Zimmerman had not been so overzealous, the situation would never have escalated to the point of a physical altercation.

In answer to your question, no. I've been involved in quite a few physical restraints, but they were rarely because of aggression toward staff and never directly toward me. But based on my experience with those restraints over the years, I have a hard time believing that George Zimmerman could have been overpowered by Trayvon Martin.

I think it's much more likely that George Zimmerman was the aggressor from start to finish. I spent several years working with sex offenders, and IF his younger cousin's stories are true, then you can't believe a word coming out of GZ's mouth.

As far as his self-serving comment about God's plan, the quote - sometimes attributed to Andy Rooney and sometimes to Robert Ingersoll - comes to mind: "Religion is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

sailcat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #134 on: July 23, 2012, 07:33:11 PM »

Btw, how exactly is one supposed to be able to ascertain whether or not someone is armed or not? Baggy clothes can hide quite a bit imo.everyone seems so certain that gz had to have known he was unarmed.,how exactly would he know that?
BBM Good point. All the more reason to have followed the dispatcher's instructions and waited in his vehicle for law enforcement officers to arrive.

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2012, 07:39:28 PM »

You

BBM Good point. All the more reason to have followed the dispatcher's instructions and waited in his vehicle for law enforcement officers to arrive.
Hindsight is 20/20. Maybe he should have. & maybe trayvon would be akive if he had continued on home.
Stacey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Clarence 1995-2011

« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2012, 08:43:27 PM »

[/quote]
Hindsight is 20/20. Maybe he should have. & maybe trayvon would be akive if he had continued on home.
[/quote]

Also with respect....If this statement was true. Then know one that didn't carry a gun could not and should not go outside their own homes to do things as innocently as walking to the store for candy and a drink.  Because you should know that people with guns may think you don't look right and on drugs. If you get shot you have caused your own death for leaving your home. IMOO

"Always be a first-rate version of yurself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else" Judy Garland
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2012, 09:00:52 PM »

[/quote]

Also with respect....If this statement was true. Then know one that didn't carry a gun could not and should not go outside their own homes to do things as innocently as walking to the store for candy and a drink.  Because you should know that people with guns may think you don't look right and on drugs. If you get shot you have caused your own death for leaving your home. IMOO
[/quote]

Thanks for your response...but I didn't post that, somehow or other the posts got muddled.

My disgust is for the media and race-baiters.
Bongosmom
Scared Monkey

« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2012, 10:14:00 PM »

BBM...SYG would have applied to TM; that is what the SYG is all about. Prior to SYG, an individual, if they felt threatened, had a duty to get to safety (if a safe area was available). In other words, if I was standing outside my front door, and I saw a stranger approaching in a threatening manner, I would be expected to get inside my house and call 911. The SYG laws changed this - under the same scenario, I would not have a duty to seek safety, but would instead be allowed to "stand my ground" - and if the threatening stranger got close enough, and I feared for my life (either reasonably or unreasonably) I could legally shoot him. So my point is, it didn't matter how close TM was to his house as to whether SYG would work for him or not - SYG eliminated the logic of getting to safety. That is why many people are against SYG - here in Florida, we've always had the right to shoot someone if we were in danger and could not get away. With SYG, people don't have to bother getting to safety and avoiding an altercation; they can just shoot away.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2012, 10:24:30 PM »

For the life of me...I have not found where GZ did NOT go back to his vehicle.  Where is that again?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.