March 18, 2024, 08:21:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #3 7/12/12 - 6/14/13  (Read 431216 times)
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2012, 09:49:50 PM »

Muffy is right and links should be supplied. Here is the link for GZ's expenditures: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=george%20zimmerman%20expenditures&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CE0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cfnews13.com%2Fcontent%2Fdam%2Fnews%2Fstatic%2Fcfnews13%2Fdocuments%2F2012%2F07%2FZimmerman-expenses-0718.pdf&ei=d0QPUPCFFIyo8ASOioGYDw&usg=AFQjCNHkONKa9hZvoNnIcLWQ6xYozM5zUQ&cad=rja

If the link doesn't work, you can find it by googling "George Zimmerman's Expenditures" and go to a link for News 13. Note that there are entries for "Food" and for "Groceries".

Wow I feel like I know so much more about him for reading that. With those purchases I clearly see now how he is a race profiler, a molester & a liar. & it sure appears hes living extravagantly. I have many of those same expenses myself & im far from wealthy.
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: July 25, 2012, 02:22:01 AM »

I would really like to see more hard evidence and facts.  There's just way too many people with agendas.  I'm finding this case seems to be whatever someone wants to make it out to be, depending on the slant.  It's so easy for words to be taken out of context.  It seems some want to make this case to be a white on black issue, some want it to be a gun control issue, some want it to be something else.  There has been a lot of misinformation over time, and when something gets repeated enough, it's easy for it to be taken as fact.  When there have been mistakes or misunderstandings in this case, or even the editing of a tape and it gets corrected, some believe the original version even when shown it's been proven to not be the case.  People will believe what they want to believe, imo. 

What can be difficult and is human nature imo, is how certain things in this case apply to us personally.

Wish the rest of the world would have taken your advice a long time ago re. hard evidence and facts, Muffy. We're long past that and now into agendas and politics. I'm a very old broad and have been suckered in by media until....the internet. Though I have my doubts Zimmerman will have a 'fair' trial...
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2012, 06:08:42 AM »

$6,037 in phone and internet related items,should have looked into one of those bundling plans.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: July 25, 2012, 07:47:31 AM »

$6,037 in phone and internet related items,should have looked into one of those bundling plans.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2012, 09:06:24 AM »

Ha...yeah.  I never understood the high price to put in a land line. Unlimited minutes would have been good...especially talking from jail...that gets super expensive.  But, I don't think you can reduce the cost of jail calls.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: July 25, 2012, 01:30:55 PM »

http://globalgrind.com/news/george-zimmermans-wife-shellie-zimmerman-arraignment-perjury-court-date-july-31-details

Her Day In Court! Shellie Zimmerman's Perjury Arraignment Set (DETAILS)
Posted 1 hour 17 min ago

State attorneys have released an official notice regarding the perjury arraignment for George Zimmerman's wife, Shellie. The arraignment will take place on July 31st.

Shellie is not expected to attend.
 ::snipping2::

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/news/george-zimmermans-wife-shellie-zimmerman-arraignment-perjury-court-date-july-31-details#ixzz21ejFaPF9
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #186 on: July 25, 2012, 01:31:14 PM »

Ha...yeah.  I never understood the high price to put in a land line. Unlimited minutes would have been good...especially talking from jail...that gets super expensive.  But, I don't think you can reduce the cost of jail calls.
Our phone company charges by the foot to install lines up to your home then a set (and expensive) fee to initialize the line into the dwelling.  Right now they are replacing all the old phone lines with new fiber optic cables so the price has come down somewhat but a couple of years ago it was outrageous.  I can see that expense.   

These are my opinions and subject to change.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: July 25, 2012, 01:46:42 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-25/news/os-george-zimmerman-scret-witness-names-20120725_1_trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-mary-cutcher

Prosecutors release names of 6 'secret' witnesses in Zimmerman case
1:12 p.m. EST, July 25, 2012

But Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. ordered the release of the names of witnesses who had previously talked publicly to reporters. Those six were identified Wednesday.

They include a 13-year-old boy who told police that moments before he heard a gunshot, he saw a man in red on the ground.

The just-disclosed names include Brandy Green, the girlfriend of Trayvon's father. Trayvon was spending the week with her. She lived in the same gated community as Zimmerman.

The list also includes Mary Cutcher and Selma Mora, two roommates who heard cries for help and the gunshot. Cutcher told television broadcasters that she did not believe that Zimmerman fired in self-defense, and that he showed no remorse.

Mora told CNN that immediately after she shooting, she saw Zimmerman straddling Trayvon.

Another witness is Cheryl Brown, the mother of the 13-year-old boy. She was not home at the time of the shooting and did not witness it.

Zimmerman's wife, Shellie, is to be arraigned Tuesday at the Seminole County criminal courts building on a perjury charge. That means she'll enter a plea.

Her brother-in-law, Robert Zimmerman, said three weeks ago that she has an attorney, but he would not name that person, and as of noon-time Tuesday, court records showed that no one has formally filed notice that he or she is serving as Shellie Zimmerman's lawyer.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #188 on: July 25, 2012, 02:40:09 PM »

Our phone company charges by the foot to install lines up to your home then a set (and expensive) fee to initialize the line into the dwelling.  Right now they are replacing all the old phone lines with new fiber optic cables so the price has come down somewhat but a couple of years ago it was outrageous.  I can see that expense.   

I believe the high price to put in a land line was the "dedicated line" for the monitoring device Zim has to wear.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: July 25, 2012, 09:56:58 PM »

http://www.bet.com/news/national/2012/07/25/trayvon-s-mother-says-she-is-prepared-for-any-trial-outcome.html

Trayvon’s Mother Says She Is Prepared for Any Trial Outcome
Posted: 07/25/2012 05:06 PM EDT

Trayvon Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, said she is prepared to deal with whatever verdict is imposed on George Zimmerman, the former neighborhood watch volunteer who killed her son. She added that she is even prepared to face the possibility of Zimmerman being found not guilty.

Fulton addressed a town hall meeting in Cincinnati on violence and racial harmony and discussed her feelings about the February shooting of Trayvon, a killing that has garnered nationwide attention and controversy. She and Trayvon’s father, Tracy Martin, spoke about their grief and the importance of preventing similar shootings.

"My son's life was cut down short. He had a bright future," she said.

"The most difficult part is the process that I'm going through now, and that's the part of not having my son on earth. Everything else is just a process, and I think if I can deal with not holding my son and hugging my son and not talking to him, I can certainly deal with whatever the court rules."

Following the town hall event, Fulton did not respond to questions about whether she considered Zimmerman sincere in stating that the killing was not racially motivated.

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2012, 11:55:01 PM »

Prosecutors release names of witnesses in Zimmerman case
July 25 '12

Prosecutors in the George Zimmerman second-degree murder case have released the names of six secret witnesses.

The witnesses all live in the Retreat View neighborhood where Trayvon Martin was shot and killed by Zimmerman on Feb. 26. Zimmerman said the shooting was self-defense.

The witnesses are identified as:

Witness 4: Cheryl BrownWitness 5: Mary CutcherWitness 7: Brandy GreenWitness 14: Austin McClendonWitness 16: Selma Mora Witness 42: Cynthia Wibtker

Originally both sides had agreed to keep the witness identities private for their protection, but Judge Kenneth Lester ordered the names of those witnesses who had previously spoken to the media be released.   ::snipping2:: 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48326244
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #191 on: July 26, 2012, 12:00:21 AM »

Trayvon Martin's parents: Death not in vain
July 25 '12

CINCINNATI -- Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin, parents of slain Florida teen Trayvon Martin, were the headline attractions Wednesday before a convention audience that was urged to simultaneously forgive wrongdoers and fight for equal justice.
Fulton squinted through harsh stage lights into an audience made up primarily of young people and said her son would be walking around the room and talking to people.

"He liked to go to the mall, liked to dress nice, liked to smell nice, liked movies, just like you," Fulton said to more than 1,000 people in a town hall on violence and racial healing at the Children's Defense Fund national conference at the Duke Energy Convention Center.

"Trayvon was emotional and affectionate, even at 17. He loved to hug and kiss on us."

Fulton and Martin were part of a panel whose participants knew the loss of children and other loved ones to violence. Marian Wright Edelman, founder and president of the child advocacy organization, referenced the theater shooting last week in Aurora, Colo., and repeated Wednesday her call for "sensible gun control" that she said would save the lives eight U.S. children killed each day in gun violence.

Trayvon Martin was shot and killed by a neighborhood watch volunteer, George Zimmerman, on Feb. 26 in Sanford, Fla. Zimmerman, charged with second-degree murder, pleaded not guilty and says he acted in self-defense under Florida's "stand-your-ground" law and was attacked and beaten by Trayvon, who was wearing a hooded sweatshirt and walking home from a convenience store.

Yet his parents and their lawyer say Zimmerman racially profiled Trayvon and ignored a 911 dispatcher's advice not to follow the teen.

"Nothing anyone can do will bring Trayvon back," Tracy Martin said. "You have to take that negative and turn it into a positive. We chose to keep our son's name alive and not let his death be in vain."

They created the Trayvon Martin Foundation, the aims of which are conflict resolution, cross-cultural dialogue and crime prevention.

Besides Fulton and Martin and their attorney, Benjamin Crump, panel participants included Ron and Kim Odom, of Dorchester, Mass., whose son was shot and killed in 2007. Homeless advocate Clemmie Greenlee, of Nashville, Tenn., whose son was murdered in 2003, spoke. Poet and author Maya Angelou gave the keynote address.

Speaking at the start of the two-hour event, Angelou addressed Trayvon's parents: "If, in fact, he (Zimmerman) is exonerated, it will be difficult to avoid being bitter and entering into hate. My prayer is for them to be strong. We need to demand justice. It means we don't become poisoned by hate."  ::snipping2:: 

http://content.usatoday.com/dist/custom/gci/InsidePage.aspx?cId=mansfieldnewsjournal&sParam=56484664.story
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #192 on: July 26, 2012, 12:11:40 AM »

quote: They created the Trayvon Martin Foundation, the aims of which are conflict resolution, cross-cultural dialogue and crime prevention. quote

I must've missed the cross-cultural dialogue, anyone have a link?
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #193 on: July 26, 2012, 11:10:04 AM »

George Zimmerman case: Witnesses furious
July 26 '12

Judge Kenneth Lester ordered the names and addresses of 6 witnesses released in the George Zimmerman case, because they have already been interviewed by the media. They all live in the neighborhood where the shooting took place.

It's been five months since George Zimmerman shot and killed 17 year old Trayvon Martin off of Retreat View Circle.  Neighbor Shirley Saenz remembers the night clearly, "I saw his body and the whole chaos around the street." Shirley's mother Selma Mora and roommate Mary Cutcher held a news conference about what they witnessed. Back then Cutcher said, "I feel it was not self defense."

But now that Judge Lester has released the names and addresses of 6 witnesses in the case who live here, Shirley is concerned. While she says, her mother and Cutcher felt a responsibility to speakout, they didn't think their addresses would be released to the public, "What if someone is on Zimmerman's side and wants to come do something to us?"

At the time Cheryl Brown and her 13 year old son Austin also spoke out. But they didn't use his real name. Brown says her son now lives with his father because of the backlash from speaking out. She too plans to move out of this development so she can put this behind her.  Brown told me off camera, that she's upset that her son's name was released without anyone notifying her a head of time.

Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/19115782/george-zimmerman-case-witnesses-furious#ixzz21k1DNErU
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: July 26, 2012, 10:02:44 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-26/news/os-zimmerman-judge-poll-20120726_1_lowest-rated-judge-poll-participant-george-zimmerman

Zimmerman judge wins high marks in poll
6:09 p.m. EST, July 26, 2012

Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester Jr., who presides over the George Zimmerman murder case, is one of the highest-ranked jurists in Central Florida, according to a recent poll of criminal defense attorneys.

Lester, a 15-year veteran of the bench who works in Sanford, received uniformly high marks for his legal knowledge, demeanor, impartiality and diligence.

His overall score was 4.55, closer to "excellent" (5) than "good" (4) on the five-point scale used by the Central Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.

The group annually polls its members, other defense attorneys and prosecutors, asking them to rate area judges who handle criminal cases on their legal knowledge, impartiality, demeanor and freedom from bias.

This year, they rated 70 judges.

The jurist with the highest rating is retired: O.H. Eaton Jr., a former Seminole circuit judge who earlier this year stepped back onto the bench to handle more than 15 trials at the Orange County Courthouse.

His most noteworthy came in February, when he acquitted Delores Laster, the former Orange County teacher charged with first-degree murder in a 20-year-old cold-case homicide.

Eaton picked a jury, listened to the state's evidence then threw out the case, citing a lack of evidence.

Eaton said Thursday that he was pleased but baffled by the poll results. He suspected, he said, that lawyers liked that he started on time and did his job.

Lester said he suspects he did well because he likes lawyers and, when he was in private practice, came to know what it's like to be in front of good judges and bad ones.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #195 on: July 26, 2012, 11:29:18 PM »

My disgust is with the eerily soft spoken proven liar who drives a fab pick up yet can't pay his bills and needs free handouts from the public because he's too askeered for either he or his wife to get a job.  Oh, and he shot a kid and feels it was God's plan for him to do so. 

I just do not understand how anyone can believe what he says.  I watched the video of his reenactment and IMO it is so obvious he's lying.

Plus, talk about milking the system!  He wouldn't talk to Barbara Walters without her paying a month's worth of a hotel stay??  I LOL'd when he tried to call into her show the next morning and she refused to have him on air.

::snipping2::George Zimmerman, the man who fatally shot unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida, has started a website "to ensure my supporters they are receiving my full attention without any intermediaries." ::snipping2::

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57411603/george-zimmerman-seeks-donations-on-his-new-website/

Blech!!  He wants to give his supporters his "full attention"... in exchange for more money.   

The truth becomes clearer with each passing day and GZ is going to be his own undoing.  I only hope he keeps on talking.

Amy's Sister, I don't believe George Zimmerman or his wife should risk getting a job at this time, considering the death threats they've received.  They are staying at a safe house for good reason in my opinion.

I absolutely agree. 
Might be difficult for them to get a job at this point, nevermind the fact that with death threats they might just be "askeered" to leave their home. Cant imagine why. I cant imagine for the life of me how anyone could possibly think these people are going to somehow live the high life with these donations. How much do u think this defense will cost? Thats not even figuring how much money it costs to simply have a safe place to live & food to eat. Somehow I doubt theyre eating steak & lobster & wearing armani.

See, here's where it get weird.  I never said steak and lobster or Armani, nor did I imply that.  He has family with whom he could have stayed before he lied to the judge but now he can't live out of state so that's out.  Was his wife threatened?  She also needed to leave her job?

I guess I do think $75 a day is a lot of money for food.  We are two hardworking people and we can't afford that.  I sure don't hold it against anyone who can and applaud folks who live comfortable lives but I just find it very uncomfortable when a man can give a one sided story about how he had to kill a kid and everyone just automatically believes him when he's a proven liar, then he goes public for donations and makes demands on interviewers.  It just creeps me out.

Had the police handled the investigation properly from the beginning this would not have escalated to what it has turned into.  The parents do have a leg to stand on with regards to this being a civil rights issue, not because of GZ's actions (with the exception of profiling) but because of LE and community leaders and their history with regards to people of color.  Others who actually live in the community have even posted here to that effect.

See heres where what gets weird? I dont recall directing anything toward you about steak & lobster. My point is that I cant imagine where people get the idea that theyre living high on donations. How much money do u think it costs to relocate to a safe house, eat & just live, nevermind what his legal fees are. How much do u think this defense will cost. Im quite sure his atty would take issue with them living extravagantly if hes not getting paid. My family eats like every other middle class family I know & I spend alot of money on food & everday necessities. Its not cheap. & frankly who the heck cares what the man eats. I do not in any way, shape or form believe he targeted this kid for being black. If your issue is how the police handled the investigation, direct your anger & hatred toward them. This man does not deserve to fear a lynching because those with an agenda made this into a race war. I am an rn like his wife & I sure as hell wouldnt want my safety threatened by having to work at the same place ad she does. dont venture into the abyss if u have such a hard time with opposing viewpoints.

You quoted me in your response kcrn which is an obvious indicator your post was directed toward me.

Thanks for using my jest in a mean and vicious way.  Real nice.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: July 26, 2012, 11:50:38 PM »

Not directed to anyone in particular, just a reminder...

I hope this thread can continue to stay open and dialog and discussion can continue in a reasonable manner.  I realize this case brings a lot of emotions and there are going to be varying opinions, especially since the case has not gone to trial yet. It's possible to express an opinion without offending others with a differing opinion.  I would encourage those with strong feelings particularly in threads like this one with hot button issues to think before they hit "post".  JMHO 

BUMP

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #197 on: July 26, 2012, 11:58:28 PM »

You beat me to it, Muffy, but HEAR, HEAR!! The only thing I would add is to ask that the quote stacks get smaller!!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2012, 12:05:19 AM »

You beat me to it, Muffy, but HEAR, HEAR!! The only thing I would add is to ask that the quote stacks get smaller!!

Yep, the quote stacks get really big sometimes.   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2012, 12:13:23 AM »

There are no winners in this case, only losers.

Please stick to the case and do not attack each other.  If this thread continues to turn ugly, I'll simply close down the subject.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.