March 19, 2024, 01:03:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #3 7/12/12 - 6/14/13  (Read 431277 times)
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2012, 12:12:56 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-13/news/os-george-zimmerman-witness-9-jail-calls-20120713_1_george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-mark-o-mara

Zimmerman judge orders release of jail calls, 'Witness 9' statement
4:16 p.m. EST, July 13, 2012|

Despite objections by George Zimmerman's attorneys, the public will get to hear 145 additional phone calls Zimmerman made from the Seminole County jail, as well as the statement of a witness who says he doesn't like black people.

The witness, identified as "Witness 9" in prosecution documents, has not been publicly identified. One of her two statements has been withheld from the public so far, and attorney Mark O'Mara argued it should stay that way.

In her other statement, Witness 9 says that she knows Zimmerman, as well as his family.

"I know George, and I know that he does not like black people," she said, speaking to a Sanford police investigator. "He would start something. He's a very confrontational person. It's in his blood. Let's just say that."

She went on to describe Zimmerman and his family as "just mean and open about it, and I don't know what he's capable of, but I do know things that he's done to me that I would never, I would never talk to him about ever again."

O'Mara wrote in a motion that the not-yet-released second statement "is not relevant" to the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, and would "serve to reignite and potentially enhance the widespread public hostility toward Mr. Zimmerman."

However, Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester wrote in an order filed Friday that public records law requires the release of evidence, unless it would present a "serious and imminent threat to the administration of justice."

The statement, Lester writes, does not reach that high bar
 ::snipping2::

If you are being tried for a criminal and unlawful act usually the evidence against you is not going to make people like you yet the public has a right to know. 

I do not understand why white people are so fearful of black people.  Alot of folks worrying about riots and George fearing for his life.  It's silly.  The only group I've heard of making threats toward GZ is a group I think is totally fake... The 'new' Black Panthers.  Someone please tell me who is in this group, where they are located, and what type of actual activities they conduct.  It's like the man behind the curtain, a Wizard of Oz, a phantom group being used by the media to strike hatred and vitriol and make GZ out to be some victim, which he is not, IMO.
White people are fearful of black people? Really? Kind of a broad statement dont u think? I myself am fearful of people who are mentally unstable or just plain evil. Anyone who would riot over something like this case is imo mentally unstable or just evil or full of hate. Those types of people scare me. Not black people.

Here is where the Black Panthers are located:
Vallejo, CA 94590
http://www.blackpanther.org/contact.html

They are an actual group and I would fear them.  However, they are not the norm.  But, it only takes one person that is listening to all of this chaos to do the deed.  Black or white...or any other race...GZ isn't "white." So, I don't know.  But, the black community sure is playing it up to their advantage...and I am saying that from personal experience through people that I know.  Anything to ensure that racism continue to exist...(and the majority is not from "white" people) for if it didn't what well...oh, nevermind.  MOO!

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2012, 05:38:35 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/7/13/george_zimmerman_mot.html

George Zimmerman's attorneys file motion to disqualify judge
Last Updated: Saturday, July 14, 2012 @ 05:32AM

Analyst: Judge may recuse himself

Legal analyst David Fussell thinks the Judge Lester may grant this motion.

“The question is whether Mr. Zimmerman feels like he can get a fair trial from this judge, and if they put all the language in there from the order the judge issued, he’ll probably grant the motion to recuse," Fussell explained.

The first judge assigned to the case, Jessica Recksiedler, stepped down in April 2012 because of a personal conflict of interest.

However, this time, the reason for Judge Lester stepping down would be because of a perceived personal bias and a perceived negative opinion of Zimmerman.

Zimmerman is currently out on bond as he faces second-degree murder charges for shooting and killing teen.

“He doesn’t want to try the case and have it reversed on appeal, and probably doesn’t want to take a lot of time and have this case go up to the appellate court now. I would suspect after he reads it, considers it and thinks it over, he’ll probably recuse himself," Fussell concluded.

Near the end of the 13-page motion, Zimmerman’s attorneys quoted legal precedence saying, “every litigant is entitled to nothing less than the cold neutrality of an impartial judge," claiming Judge Kenneth Lester is not capable of being impartial anymore.

We reached out to the Florida Court System for Lester's reaction, and were told the judge is not allowed to comment on pending legal cases.

Fussell said we should expect a decision from Judge Lester early next week.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2012, 05:57:48 PM »

Two more point of views....

https://twitter.com/TennisLaw

Diana Tennis ‏@TennisLaw
4h As we contemplate Zimmerman recusal # 2; note state planning to respond - unheard of, useless, and guarantees def motion granted ‪#overreach‬

4h Richard Hornsby ‏@RichardHornsby
@TennisLaw I disagree the standard for granting changes on the second and subsequent motions to prevent judge shopping. ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬

4h Diana Tennis ‏@TennisLaw
@RichardHornsby Despite higher standard they meet it, Lester doesn't care or he would not have gone nuclear, state butting in clinches it

Richard Hornsby ‏@RichardHornsby
@TennisLaw personally, I don't think he went nuclear considering the fraud that Zimmerman perpetuated on the court.

3h Diana Tennis ‏@TennisLaw
@RichardHornsby oh good grief. you sound like a misdemeanor prosecutor. this is barely above garden variety fudging done by dummies daily

@TennisLaw You're insane, if that sh!t had been pulled in front of a Kaney, Conrad, or either judge Perry ‪#Zimmerman‬ would be under jail now

@RichardHornsby Now you sound like a prosecutor from the eighties. Do not agree about Perry, and I don't come close to meeting McNaughten:)

@TennisLaw We talking about same @VoteBelvinPerry who sentenced mentally challenged woman & unemployed waiter to jail during Anthony trial?

@RichardHornsby @VoteBelvinPerry Not for a year he didn't.

Diana Tennis ‏@TennisLaw
@RichardHornsby And the waiter loved it.

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2012, 06:00:36 PM »

http://www.blackpanther.org/newsalert.htm

There Is No New Black Panther Party: An Open Letter From the Dr. Huey P. Newton Foundation

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2012, 06:02:00 PM »

There Is No New Black Panther Party: An Open Letter From the Dr. Huey P. Newton Foundation

Yeah...the only address that I found was in Vallego.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2012, 06:02:22 PM »

Yeah...the only address that I found was in Vallejo.

self edit...can't spell...Smile

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2012, 06:04:22 PM »

Hmmm...so I guess all that this means is anywhere that the term "Black Panther" has been placed...needs to be replaced with "Group Posing as Black Panthers."  Either way and whomever it is...they are still dangerous in my book.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2012, 07:08:11 PM »

http://twitter.com/marknejame
7h Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame
@coreybking I think judge is very fair and shouldn't be recused. In order to preserve appeal defense apparently believed it needed to file

8:27 AM - 14 Jul 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Details

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2012, 07:25:59 PM »

http://twitter.com/marknejame
7h Mark NeJame ‏@MarkNeJame
@coreybking I think judge is very fair and shouldn't be recused. In order to preserve appeal defense apparently believed it needed to file

8:27 AM - 14 Jul 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Details
Yes, he said the same thing last night on CNN. I'm just wondering why the State is going to file a motion regarding this, if it's pretty much a standard thing to do.  I don't believe Judge Lester will step down. I hope the appellate court rules swiftly on this, if it goes there.  I can't quite figure them out. CA's appeal is still there, yet Hataway has already been denied his.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2012, 08:06:32 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-07-13/news/os-george-zimmerman-witness-9-jail-calls-20120713_1_george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-mark-o-mara

Zimmerman judge orders release of jail calls, 'Witness 9' statement
4:16 p.m. EST, July 13, 2012|

Despite objections by George Zimmerman's attorneys, the public will get to hear 145 additional phone calls Zimmerman made from the Seminole County jail, as well as the statement of a witness who says he doesn't like black people.

The witness, identified as "Witness 9" in prosecution documents, has not been publicly identified. One of her two statements has been withheld from the public so far, and attorney Mark O'Mara argued it should stay that way.

In her other statement, Witness 9 says that she knows Zimmerman, as well as his family.

"I know George, and I know that he does not like black people," she said, speaking to a Sanford police investigator. "He would start something. He's a very confrontational person. It's in his blood. Let's just say that."

She went on to describe Zimmerman and his family as "just mean and open about it, and I don't know what he's capable of, but I do know things that he's done to me that I would never, I would never talk to him about ever again."

O'Mara wrote in a motion that the not-yet-released second statement "is not relevant" to the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, and would "serve to reignite and potentially enhance the widespread public hostility toward Mr. Zimmerman."

However, Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester wrote in an order filed Friday that public records law requires the release of evidence, unless it would present a "serious and imminent threat to the administration of justice."

The statement, Lester writes, does not reach that high bar

If you are being tried for a criminal and unlawful act usually the evidence against you is not going to make people like you yet the public has a right to know. 

I do not understand why white people are so fearful of black people.  Alot of folks worrying about riots and George fearing for his life.  It's silly.  The only group I've heard of making threats toward GZ is a group I think is totally fake... The 'new' Black Panthers.  Someone please tell me who is in this group, where they are located, and what type of actual activities they conduct.  It's like the man behind the curtain, a Wizard of Oz, a phantom group being used by the media to strike hatred and vitriol and make GZ out to be some victim, which he is not, IMO.
White people are fearful of black people? Really? Kind of a broad statement dont u think? I myself am fearful of people who are mentally unstable or just plain evil. Anyone who would riot over something like this case is imo mentally unstable or just evil or full of hate. Those types of people scare me. Not black people.

Here is where the Black Panthers are located:
Vallejo, CA 94590
http://www.blackpanther.org/contact.html

They are an actual group and I would fear them.  However, they are not the norm.  But, it only takes one person that is listening to all of this chaos to do the deed.  Black or white...or any other race...GZ isn't "white." So, I don't know.  But, the black community sure is playing it up to their advantage...and I am saying that from personal experience through people that I know.  Anything to ensure that racism continue to exist...(and the majority is not from "white" people) for if it didn't what well...oh, nevermind.  MOO!

Me too, I could post hundreds of links and videos over riots, one recently was over a pair of damn tennis shoes in Orlando, I all too well remember the riots after the Rodney King Verdict and Sharpton has encited too many riots to post, but 2 in particular were violent enough that 8 ppl were killed....How many whites have been brutally beaten in the name of justice for Trayvon all over the country..and it's not just here, this article broke my heart when I read about this, so to say anyone has no reason to fear riots and thug pack mentality (of any color), well it just seems extremely naive when we have already seen proof of such behavoir .....the race card never expires it seems to racist agitators-God help us if these are who the youth look up to.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2147730/Father-56-critical-condition-stabbed-trying-shield-dying-son-frenzied-attack-hoodie-gang-outside-pub.html

Father, 56, fighting for life after being stabbed trying to shield dying son from frenzied attack by hoodie gang outside pub after Chelsea match

20 hooded youths stormed pub with knives 'like a pack of wolves'

The pair were attacked when a gang armed with bats and knives stormed the north London pub after father and son had watched Chelsea win the cup together at on Saturday.

A forensic tent remained at the scene of the tragedy just yards from the pub near his Dollis Hill home.

A female friend, 22, who asked not be named, said: 'Luke was one of the nicest guys around, always looking after people, he actually cared about people, a really nice, funny guy.

'The amount of flowers that are here just shows how loved he was, this has ruined this community.

'I was there on Saturday and it was like something out of a horror film.

'There were about 20 young black guys all with their hoods up armed with sticks and bats and knives. They just ran in the pub and started trying to attack people.

WRT the NBP, Malik Shabazz has been all over twitter enouraging that all "crackers" attending the RNC here in Florida should be killed......yep, that's crazy azz chit-what is some unbalanced nutjob actually does this?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/06/new-black-panther-threatens-whitey-kill-these-racist-honkies-these-crackers-these-pigs-these-pink-people/

New Black Panthers Threaten to Kill Crackers – Promise SHOWDOWN at RNC

Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, June 25, 2012, 12:14 PM

On top of all of this, the 3 detectives that wanted GZ arrested said the black community would be in uproar if he wasn't....it's in the story, I tend to believe they believe the uproar worry, and riots easily.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/12/v-fullstory/2892510/more-evidence-released-in-zimmerman.html

The summary of Serino’s statement does not mention the race of the officers who allegedly pressured him, but sources told The Miami Herald that Barnes and Perkins are black, and Villalona is married to an African-American man. All three, the source said, had been called in by their supervisor and questioned about leaking information in the case.

A request Thursday evening to the Sanford Police Department for comment about Serino’s statement went unanswered.

“Our position has always been that there’s something going on in the Sanford Police Department,” said Benjamin Crump, an attorney for Trayvon’s family. “All of this is window dressing. What’s important is George Zimmerman’s statements, which are inconsistent and factually impossible.”

Serino, a 15-year veteran of the department who was a major-crimes investigator, was demoted last month to overnight patrol. Tapes of his interviews with Zimmerman show him poking holes in the former neighborhood watch volunteer’s account of what happened the night he killed Trayvon. Serino told the FBI that Zimmerman had a “little hero complex” and sounded “scripted.” However, he said he believed Zimmerman targeted Trayvon because of his attire, the circumstances and recent burglaries in the area, not the color of the teen’s skin.

In his FBI interview, Serino accused Sgt. Barnes of being “friendly” with Tracy Martin, Trayvon’s father. He said Tracy Martin at first understood why no charges were filed, but later changed coursse and accused Zimmerman of racial profiling.

Crump denied that Tracy Martin ever changed postures. Martin, he said, sought legal counsel the very day Serino told him no charges would be filed.

Records released Thursday show that Sgt. Barnes, a 25-year veteran of the department, told the FBI that he believed the black community would be “in an uproar” if Zimmerman was not charged. “The community will be satisfied if an arrest takes place,” the FBI quoted him saying. Barnes “felt the shooting was not racially motivated, but it was a man shooting an unarmed kid.”

The report does not make clear why Serino would feel pressure from Barnes and the other two officers he mentioned, when he had the backing of the police chief. Chief Lee was fired last month for his role in the widely disparaged investigation.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2012, 09:04:01 PM »

Hmmm...so I guess all that this means is anywhere that the term "Black Panther" has been placed...needs to be replaced with "Group Posing as Black Panthers."  Either way and whomever it is...they are still dangerous in my book.
Well even if they arent an officially organized group that has a secretary, a vp &a treasurer & they have monthly meetings (insert sarcasm here) the fact of the matter is that I highly doubt these people that call themselves the new black panthers are white. They are clearly very racist & have no problems spewing hatred against whites or "crackers" as they so affectionately call us. They are just the type of people that kill & cause riots over misguided hate & should be feared. This trayvon case has brought out these cretins & they fall into the mentally unstable, evil & full of hate types that should be feared. Sharpton could be their president if he said what he meant instead of hiding behind a cloak of a decent black man who just thinks blacks are treated unfairly.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2012, 10:06:10 PM »

Well even if they arent an officially organized group that has a secretary, a vp &a treasurer & they have monthly meetings (insert sarcasm here) the fact of the matter is that I highly doubt these people that call themselves the new black panthers are white. They are clearly very racist & have no problems spewing hatred against whites or "crackers" as they so affectionately call us. They are just the type of people that kill & cause riots over misguided hate & should be feared. This trayvon case has brought out these cretins & they fall into the mentally unstable, evil & full of hate types that should be feared. Sharpton could be their president if he said what he meant instead of hiding behind a cloak of a decent black man who just thinks blacks are treated unfairly.

AMEN AMEN!!!!!

Malik Shabazz should be so proud........N O T!

http://cofcc.org/2012/05/remembering-the-2001-cincinnati-riots/

What is generally well known about the origins of the Cincinnati riots is that they started in “protest” of the shooting of a black man by a white police officer. On Saturday, April 7, 2001, two off‑duty police officers working security at a bar in the inner city spotted Timothy Thomas, a 19‑year‑old black male wanted on 14 misdemeanor charges. Realizing he was in danger of arrest, Thomas started running, and numerous police officers pursued him. The pursuit ended when Thomas led a lone officer, Steve Roach, into one of Cincinnati’s most infamous alleys.

Thomas reportedly spun around suddenly and reached into his pocket. Officer Roach says that he believed Thomas was reaching for a weapon and instinctively pulled his own gun and fired. Thomas, who actually was not armed, was hit in the chest and killed.

The Cincinnati media immediately leapt to the conclusions it wanted to reach. “Unarmed black male shot by white cop; Fifth black shot by cops since November; fifteen blacks and no whites killed by cops since 1995″ were among the headlines and sound bites that dominated the reporting and disguised editorializing of the media reaction. Thomas was portrayed as a troubled teen who was turning his life around. Thomas was supposedly a devoted father who wanted to do something positive with his life. The media’s one‑sided reporting of the story emboldened a crowd of hysterical blacks who mobbed City Hall on Monday, despite an announcement that a grand jury was investigating Thomas’ death.

The black mob became violent and began moving through downtown Cincinnati, knocking over vendors’ stands and throwing rocks and bottles. Police followed but did little to stop the violence.

Full scale rioting began on Tuesday in Over‑the‑Rhine, the inner city neighborhood where Thomas was shot, and downtown Cincinnati. Blacks stopped traffic, pulled whites from their cars and beat them. Some blacks stood on street corners hurling bricks at white motorists and pedestrians. Fox News reported that an elderly white couple was pulled from their car. A WLWT television truck driver was hit with a brick hurled through his window. WCPO, an ABC affiliate, aired ten minutes of coverage on the 11:00 p.m. news Tuesday. WCPO had videotaped a Kentucky truck driver being pulled from his truck and beaten. The news crew interviewed three other whites who were attacked. One woman, who had blood streaming down her face and chest, was pulled from her car and hit on the head with a brick. Her elderly mother was also pulled from the passenger seat and beaten.

Nevertheless, the media has given no indication of how many whites were attacked. However, during the week after the riots, many more stories and pictures of other battered whites surfaced. On April 17th Bill Cunningham, a WLW radio talk show host in Cincinnati, stated on his show that 128 whites were attacked. Roslyn Jones, an albino black woman, was also attacked. She says blacks who approached her from behind and yelled “white woman” threw bricks at her car.

While whites were being attacked, many blacks were displaying signs of racial pride. Some held homemade signs reading, “Black Power” and “Honk if you’re black.” Others waved black, red, and green “African‑American” flags as well as signs promoting the Nation of Islam. Many also held professionally made “Don’t shoot” banners. The professional character of these signs indicate that the protestors were being organized.

Blacks smashed storefronts and looted Findley Market in the Over‑the‑Rhine neighborhood. Findley Market had represented a major success in the gentrification of Cincinnati’s inner city. Wealthy liberal whites, which have been renovating old Victorian homes in the inner city, began revitalizing Findley in the early 90′s. Much of Findley Market was deserted for 20 years following the 1968 black riots after the death of Martin Luther King Jr. leveled the neighborhood and sent business owners packing in fear. White business owners, interviewed by the media, expressed confusion over why they were targeted since they had brought jobs and money to the community.

Numerous police officers reported being attacked during the riots. Blacks threw bottles at white cops from apartment windows, and rocks from street corners. Half a dozen police reported being fired upon. One officer was hit by a bullet but only slightly injured.

Local schools in Over‑the‑Rhine cancelled evening events. Some cancelled Wednesday classes. Mail delivery was also halted in Over‑the‑Rhine. Several fires were set, including one in a three‑story apartment. Despite limited coverage of attacks on whites on Tuesday night, the media was silent on the issue Wednesday morning. When Ohio’s numerous newspapers came out, they spoke of “rioters, looting, and vandalism.” No mention of anti‑white attacks. Cincinnati’s television newscasts even changed their tune and began downplaying the crimes.

Protests continued Wednesday, this time in four new neighborhoods. There was only sporadic violence and looting. Large groups of black clergymen, at one point forming a wall between protesters and police, urged blacks to be peaceful.

On Thursday, Mayor Charles Luken declared a state of emergency and imposed a curfew on Cincinnati. Luken actually referred to anti‑white violence, which is rare among today’s politicians who are mindful of being politically correct. In a press conference he stated, “whites are tired of being targeted in their cars.” By this time, the weather had turned sour and rioters were staying home.

Also on Thursday, WCPO aired a live discussion with Mayor Luken and black community leaders. A meek Luken did little to defend police when the black guests boldly proclaimed that police had “murdered” 15 blacks since 1995.

Of these 15 blacks killed by police, seven had guns. Five of them fired on officers. One flagged down a policewoman and shot her three times before she fired back. One black man died of cocaine-induced sudden death syndrome as he fought with police. A policeman, who was being dragged from a car, shot the black driver. The officer, who was black himself, was dismembered and killed by the out-of-control car moments after he fired the shot. Twelve of the 15 assaulted police with some kind of deadly weapon, and police were entirely justified in shooting all of them.

In the same period of time that the 15 blacks died at the hands of police, there were 190 black-on-black murders. This constitutes 80 percent of the 238 total murders in Cincinnati for that period. Of course, there were no riots or protests about the blacks murdered by other blacks.

On the Saturday following the riots, a large funeral was held at the Avondale Baptist Church. The funeral was a who’s who of black racist leaders. Aside from numerous local black speakers, Jamil Muhammad of the Nation of Islam, Malik Zulu Shabazz of the New Black Panther Party, Martin Luther King III of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, and Kweisi Mfumi, president of the NAACP, all spoke at the funeral. Left wing Ohio Governor Bob Taft and Mayor Charles Luken also spoke. The church held about 400 attendants, who were virtually all black except for white politicians. Another 400‑600 blacks stood outside and listened to loudspeakers placed on the church roof.

Malik Shabazz, who was flanked by a dozen other Black Panthers in military uniforms, received an exhilarating response when he led the crowd in chants of “black power!” Both crowds, inside and outside, raised their fists and cheered. Shabazz audaciously declared, “This isn’t a riot, this is a rebellion!” Malik Shabazz took over the New Black Panther Party after Dr. Khallid Abdul Muhammad, who advocated the extermination of white people, died suddenly last February of a brain aneurysm.

Governor Taft spoke on the need for police and government to do more to help the black community. A visibly nervous and shaking Mayor Luken apologized to Thomas’ mother. Blacks in the church laughed and jeered as he spoke.

As the funeral closed, uniformed Black Panthers carried the coffin to a waiting hearse. Blacks outside raised their fists as the pall bearers walked by. After the hearse left, Malik Shabazz led 200 blacks across the street for a rally. Some waved flags and Nation of Islam banners as the crowd chanted, “Black power” and “Shoot the police.” A WCPO news crew interviewed Shabazz. He said they had come to Cincinnati from Detroit to “organize an army of black men to defend themselves from police.” One of his uniformed followers added that if the white man doesn’t remove his foot from their backs, “We gonna break da ankle!” The Reverends Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson both spoke in Cincinnati as well. Sharpton spoke at a church on Easter Sunday and Jackson the following Tuesday.

On Saturday night the media was still fanning the flames. WCPO news anchors related how mostly white neighborhoods were not affected by the curfew. They aired pictures of a deserted and boarded up Findley Market, then showed gleeful whites having fun at a bar in a white suburb.

NAACP President Kweisi Mfume had already been first on the scene, having held a town meeting two days before the funeral. Mfume, who asked blacks to end violence, was jeered and shouted down by more radical blacks in the crowd. Numerous blacks in the audience verbally attacked police and whites and excused black violence.

Angela Leisure, Thomas’ mother, also spoke at the teen forum. Leisure threatened more violence if Roach is not indicted for murder. “We are all sitting on a powder keg waiting to see what the grand jury does,” she proclaimed. There were many more ceremonial attacks on the police. The NAACP announced it would be joining a class action lawsuit, already in progress, filed by blacks against the police for alleged harassment. With much media fanfare, four black police officers quit the Fraternal Order of Police and accused FOP leaders of racism.

The city council has agreed to give $2,000 grants to each damaged business and to offer low interest loans. Leonard Weinstein, who owns a pawnshop, says his business was picked clean. He claims $100,000 in damages and says he will have to close down if not given a grant for all of the damages. Gov. Taft and other state officials are considering using state money to give business owners grants. The city of Cincinnati is planning special events to be held at Findley Market to encourage white consumers to return. One hundred and twenty businesses have reporting being damaged.

In response to the race riots, the federal government expressed support for the blacks. Attorney General John Ashcroft announced that the Justice Department would investigate the Cincinnati police department for racial bias and that the FBI was investigating the shooting of the black fugitive. Meanwhile, while the federal government was investigating whites, a black college professor at Northern Kentucky University just across the state line from Cincinnati called on blacks to kill a white policeman.

Fox News reported on May 1 that the campus newspaper, The Northerner, quoted Dr. Clinton Hewan, Professor of Political Science at NKU, as saying that the family of the slain fugitive should “go out and get” the policeman involved in the shooting. Professor Hewan was quoted as saying, the family should “quietly stalk that S.O.B. and take him out.” The professor claims his remarks were “taken out of context.” He later stated that he was merely trying to illustrate his belief that it is “time for blacks to stand up and fight back” against “white racist” persecution. The president of the university said he was “appalled and deeply troubled” by the statements attributed to Hewan, but also said Hewan is “a good man and a good teacher,” even though he is often a “confrontational” figure on campus.

During the riots, 837 people were arrested. Over half were arrested for curfew violations. Of these, 63 were charged with looting, vandalism, arson, and physical assault; 61 of those charged were black. Yet so far there has been only one person charged with a “hate crime” — a white man, Craig Carr, 20, who is accused of throwing a brick at the window of a black motorist while yelling a racial epithet on April 12. Charged with “ethnic intimidation,” criminal damaging, and aggravated assault, Mr. Carr, if convicted, could receive two years in prison. Hamilton County prosecutor Mike Allen said that black youths who assaulted white motorists during the riot would also be charged with hate crimes. So far none has been so charged.

There were also millions of dollars in property damage. However, this was far from being the worse race riot in history. In 1992, blacks rioted in Los Angeles killing 59 people and injuring 2,300. In 1980, blacks killed 18 and injured 400 in Tampa, Florida. During the Martin Luther King riots of 1968, when Cincinnati’s previous race riot occurred, violence flared in 125 cities, leaving 46 dead and 2,600 injured.

Tensions are still high among Cincinnati’s 331,000 residents, of which 43 percent are black. It has, for decades, been an unwritten rule that you should not stop your car while driving through the inner city. White Cincinnatians don’t know what to expect. Columnist Geoff Metcalf reported that whites have made a run on gun stores in the tri‑state area. Many fear that by excusing black violence and the continued appeasing of the black community, white politicians are only setting the stage for worse violence in the future.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2012, 11:31:20 PM »

AMEN AMEN!!!!!

Malik Shabazz should be so proud........N O T!

http://cofcc.org/2012/05/remembering-the-2001-cincinnati-riots/

What is generally well known about the origins of the Cincinnati riots is that they started in “protest” of the shooting of a black man by a white police officer. On Saturday, April 7, 2001, two off‑duty police officers working security at a bar in the inner city spotted Timothy Thomas, a 19‑year‑old black male wanted on 14 misdemeanor charges. Realizing he was in danger of arrest, Thomas started running, and numerous police officers pursued him. The pursuit ended when Thomas led a lone officer, Steve Roach, into one of Cincinnati’s most infamous alleys.

Thomas reportedly spun around suddenly and reached into his pocket. Officer Roach says that he believed Thomas was reaching for a weapon and instinctively pulled his own gun and fired. Thomas, who actually was not armed, was hit in the chest and killed.

The Cincinnati media immediately leapt to the conclusions it wanted to reach. “Unarmed black male shot by white cop; Fifth black shot by cops since November; fifteen blacks and no whites killed by cops since 1995″ were among the headlines and sound bites that dominated the reporting and disguised editorializing of the media reaction. Thomas was portrayed as a troubled teen who was turning his life around. Thomas was supposedly a devoted father who wanted to do something positive with his life. The media’s one‑sided reporting of the story emboldened a crowd of hysterical blacks who mobbed City Hall on Monday, despite an announcement that a grand jury was investigating Thomas’ death.

The black mob became violent and began moving through downtown Cincinnati, knocking over vendors’ stands and throwing rocks and bottles. Police followed but did little to stop the violence.

Full scale rioting began on Tuesday in Over‑the‑Rhine, the inner city neighborhood where Thomas was shot, and downtown Cincinnati. Blacks stopped traffic, pulled whites from their cars and beat them. Some blacks stood on street corners hurling bricks at white motorists and pedestrians. Fox News reported that an elderly white couple was pulled from their car. A WLWT television truck driver was hit with a brick hurled through his window. WCPO, an ABC affiliate, aired ten minutes of coverage on the 11:00 p.m. news Tuesday. WCPO had videotaped a Kentucky truck driver being pulled from his truck and beaten. The news crew interviewed three other whites who were attacked. One woman, who had blood streaming down her face and chest, was pulled from her car and hit on the head with a brick. Her elderly mother was also pulled from the passenger seat and beaten.

Nevertheless, the media has given no indication of how many whites were attacked. However, during the week after the riots, many more stories and pictures of other battered whites surfaced. On April 17th Bill Cunningham, a WLW radio talk show host in Cincinnati, stated on his show that 128 whites were attacked. Roslyn Jones, an albino black woman, was also attacked. She says blacks who approached her from behind and yelled “white woman” threw bricks at her car.

While whites were being attacked, many blacks were displaying signs of racial pride. Some held homemade signs reading, “Black Power” and “Honk if you’re black.” Others waved black, red, and green “African‑American” flags as well as signs promoting the Nation of Islam. Many also held professionally made “Don’t shoot” banners. The professional character of these signs indicate that the protestors were being organized.

Blacks smashed storefronts and looted Findley Market in the Over‑the‑Rhine neighborhood. Findley Market had represented a major success in the gentrification of Cincinnati’s inner city. Wealthy liberal whites, which have been renovating old Victorian homes in the inner city, began revitalizing Findley in the early 90′s. Much of Findley Market was deserted for 20 years following the 1968 black riots after the death of Martin Luther King Jr. leveled the neighborhood and sent business owners packing in fear. White business owners, interviewed by the media, expressed confusion over why they were targeted since they had brought jobs and money to the community.

Numerous police officers reported being attacked during the riots. Blacks threw bottles at white cops from apartment windows, and rocks from street corners. Half a dozen police reported being fired upon. One officer was hit by a bullet but only slightly injured.

Local schools in Over‑the‑Rhine cancelled evening events. Some cancelled Wednesday classes. Mail delivery was also halted in Over‑the‑Rhine. Several fires were set, including one in a three‑story apartment. Despite limited coverage of attacks on whites on Tuesday night, the media was silent on the issue Wednesday morning. When Ohio’s numerous newspapers came out, they spoke of “rioters, looting, and vandalism.” No mention of anti‑white attacks. Cincinnati’s television newscasts even changed their tune and began downplaying the crimes.

Protests continued Wednesday, this time in four new neighborhoods. There was only sporadic violence and looting. Large groups of black clergymen, at one point forming a wall between protesters and police, urged blacks to be peaceful.

On Thursday, Mayor Charles Luken declared a state of emergency and imposed a curfew on Cincinnati. Luken actually referred to anti‑white violence, which is rare among today’s politicians who are mindful of being politically correct. In a press conference he stated, “whites are tired of being targeted in their cars.” By this time, the weather had turned sour and rioters were staying home.

Also on Thursday, WCPO aired a live discussion with Mayor Luken and black community leaders. A meek Luken did little to defend police when the black guests boldly proclaimed that police had “murdered” 15 blacks since 1995.

Of these 15 blacks killed by police, seven had guns. Five of them fired on officers. One flagged down a policewoman and shot her three times before she fired back. One black man died of cocaine-induced sudden death syndrome as he fought with police. A policeman, who was being dragged from a car, shot the black driver. The officer, who was black himself, was dismembered and killed by the out-of-control car moments after he fired the shot. Twelve of the 15 assaulted police with some kind of deadly weapon, and police were entirely justified in shooting all of them.

In the same period of time that the 15 blacks died at the hands of police, there were 190 black-on-black murders. This constitutes 80 percent of the 238 total murders in Cincinnati for that period. Of course, there were no riots or protests about the blacks murdered by other blacks.

On the Saturday following the riots, a large funeral was held at the Avondale Baptist Church. The funeral was a who’s who of black racist leaders. Aside from numerous local black speakers, Jamil Muhammad of the Nation of Islam, Malik Zulu Shabazz of the New Black Panther Party, Martin Luther King III of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, and Kweisi Mfumi, president of the NAACP, all spoke at the funeral. Left wing Ohio Governor Bob Taft and Mayor Charles Luken also spoke. The church held about 400 attendants, who were virtually all black except for white politicians. Another 400‑600 blacks stood outside and listened to loudspeakers placed on the church roof.

Malik Shabazz, who was flanked by a dozen other Black Panthers in military uniforms, received an exhilarating response when he led the crowd in chants of “black power!” Both crowds, inside and outside, raised their fists and cheered. Shabazz audaciously declared, “This isn’t a riot, this is a rebellion!” Malik Shabazz took over the New Black Panther Party after Dr. Khallid Abdul Muhammad, who advocated the extermination of white people, died suddenly last February of a brain aneurysm.

Governor Taft spoke on the need for police and government to do more to help the black community. A visibly nervous and shaking Mayor Luken apologized to Thomas’ mother. Blacks in the church laughed and jeered as he spoke.

As the funeral closed, uniformed Black Panthers carried the coffin to a waiting hearse. Blacks outside raised their fists as the pall bearers walked by. After the hearse left, Malik Shabazz led 200 blacks across the street for a rally. Some waved flags and Nation of Islam banners as the crowd chanted, “Black power” and “Shoot the police.” A WCPO news crew interviewed Shabazz. He said they had come to Cincinnati from Detroit to “organize an army of black men to defend themselves from police.” One of his uniformed followers added that if the white man doesn’t remove his foot from their backs, “We gonna break da ankle!” The Reverends Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson both spoke in Cincinnati as well. Sharpton spoke at a church on Easter Sunday and Jackson the following Tuesday.

On Saturday night the media was still fanning the flames. WCPO news anchors related how mostly white neighborhoods were not affected by the curfew. They aired pictures of a deserted and boarded up Findley Market, then showed gleeful whites having fun at a bar in a white suburb.

NAACP President Kweisi Mfume had already been first on the scene, having held a town meeting two days before the funeral. Mfume, who asked blacks to end violence, was jeered and shouted down by more radical blacks in the crowd. Numerous blacks in the audience verbally attacked police and whites and excused black violence.

Angela Leisure, Thomas’ mother, also spoke at the teen forum. Leisure threatened more violence if Roach is not indicted for murder. “We are all sitting on a powder keg waiting to see what the grand jury does,” she proclaimed. There were many more ceremonial attacks on the police. The NAACP announced it would be joining a class action lawsuit, already in progress, filed by blacks against the police for alleged harassment. With much media fanfare, four black police officers quit the Fraternal Order of Police and accused FOP leaders of racism.

The city council has agreed to give $2,000 grants to each damaged business and to offer low interest loans. Leonard Weinstein, who owns a pawnshop, says his business was picked clean. He claims $100,000 in damages and says he will have to close down if not given a grant for all of the damages. Gov. Taft and other state officials are considering using state money to give business owners grants. The city of Cincinnati is planning special events to be held at Findley Market to encourage white consumers to return. One hundred and twenty businesses have reporting being damaged.

In response to the race riots, the federal government expressed support for the blacks. Attorney General John Ashcroft announced that the Justice Department would investigate the Cincinnati police department for racial bias and that the FBI was investigating the shooting of the black fugitive. Meanwhile, while the federal government was investigating whites, a black college professor at Northern Kentucky University just across the state line from Cincinnati called on blacks to kill a white policeman.

Fox News reported on May 1 that the campus newspaper, The Northerner, quoted Dr. Clinton Hewan, Professor of Political Science at NKU, as saying that the family of the slain fugitive should “go out and get” the policeman involved in the shooting. Professor Hewan was quoted as saying, the family should “quietly stalk that S.O.B. and take him out.” The professor claims his remarks were “taken out of context.” He later stated that he was merely trying to illustrate his belief that it is “time for blacks to stand up and fight back” against “white racist” persecution. The president of the university said he was “appalled and deeply troubled” by the statements attributed to Hewan, but also said Hewan is “a good man and a good teacher,” even though he is often a “confrontational” figure on campus.

During the riots, 837 people were arrested. Over half were arrested for curfew violations. Of these, 63 were charged with looting, vandalism, arson, and physical assault; 61 of those charged were black. Yet so far there has been only one person charged with a “hate crime” — a white man, Craig Carr, 20, who is accused of throwing a brick at the window of a black motorist while yelling a racial epithet on April 12. Charged with “ethnic intimidation,” criminal damaging, and aggravated assault, Mr. Carr, if convicted, could receive two years in prison. Hamilton County prosecutor Mike Allen said that black youths who assaulted white motorists during the riot would also be charged with hate crimes. So far none has been so charged.

There were also millions of dollars in property damage. However, this was far from being the worse race riot in history. In 1992, blacks rioted in Los Angeles killing 59 people and injuring 2,300. In 1980, blacks killed 18 and injured 400 in Tampa, Florida. During the Martin Luther King riots of 1968, when Cincinnati’s previous race riot occurred, violence flared in 125 cities, leaving 46 dead and 2,600 injured.

Tensions are still high among Cincinnati’s 331,000 residents, of which 43 percent are black. It has, for decades, been an unwritten rule that you should not stop your car while driving through the inner city. White Cincinnatians don’t know what to expect. Columnist Geoff Metcalf reported that whites have made a run on gun stores in the tri‑state area. Many fear that by excusing black violence and the continued appeasing of the black community, white politicians are only setting the stage for worse violence in the future.

Well in light of an example like this, I sure cant imagine why "whites fear black people". NOT!! Its excused behavior because theyre just fighting for their civil rights doncha know? I guess their civil rights include beating innocent white people, stealing from their own community businesses &spewing hate in a public forum with their hate filled "civil rights leaders".
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2012, 12:51:07 AM »

Tell me one white group that could call for killing of another race and get away with it.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2012, 01:20:42 AM »

Tell me one white group that could call for killing of another race and get away with it.
Exactly.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2012, 08:53:07 AM »

http://www.csmonitor.com

Trayvon Martin case’s mystery man: George Zimmerman’s cop connection
New evidence shows that George Zimmerman, the defendant in the Trayvon Martin murder case, counts a law enforcement officer – a federal agent – as a close adviser.

By Patrik Jonsson, Staff writer / July 14, 2012

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0714/Trayvon-Martin-case-s-mystery-man-George-Zimmerman-s-cop-connection (page) 1

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0714/Trayvon-Martin-case-s-mystery-man-George-Zimmerman-s-cop-connection/(page)/2

::justice2NJ::

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2012, 09:27:00 AM »

Exactly.

kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2012, 11:10:54 AM »

http://www.csmonitor.com

Trayvon Martin case’s mystery man: George Zimmerman’s cop connection
New evidence shows that George Zimmerman, the defendant in the Trayvon Martin murder case, counts a law enforcement officer – a federal agent – as a close adviser.

By Patrik Jonsson, Staff writer / July 14, 2012

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0714/Trayvon-Martin-case-s-mystery-man-George-Zimmerman-s-cop-connection (page) 1

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0714/Trayvon-Martin-case-s-mystery-man-George-Zimmerman-s-cop-connection/(page)/2

::justice2NJ::

Im not seeing how this has abything to do with anything. He has a friend in law enforcement. So?
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2012, 10:18:43 PM »

Two-page article

http://thegrio.com/2012/07/15/zimmerman-investigator-blamed-black-officers-for-leaks-pressure-to-file-charges/

Zimmerman investigator blamed black officers for leaks, ‘pressure’ to file charges
July 15, 2012

“Serino is concerned that many of the leaks in this case are coming from within the Sanford Police Department,” the FBI report states. Serino reportedly named the officers he believed were behind the leaks: officers Arthur Barnes, Trekell Perkins and Rebecca Villalona. Barnes and Perkins are black. Villalona is white, but is married to an African-American. Serino is Cuban-American.

Perkins is the officer who took the statement of Witness 9, a woman who claimed to know Zimmerman and his family, and who accused Zimmerman of being racist, and “hating black people.” Neither Villalona nor Barnes were involved in the Zimmerman investigation.

Barnes, a 25-year veteran of the police department and a Sanford native, was himself interviewed by FBI agents on April 5th. The former Army M.P., who was assigned to the property crimes division, talked to the investigators about the racial makeup of Sanford, and told them “the number one crime issue in the City of Sanford is burglaries,” including for his division. The Retreat at Twin Lakes subdivision, where Zimmerman and his wife rented a townhouse, had seen nearly a half dozen break-ins in the year prior to the Martin killing, and Zimmerman himself had called in several “suspicious person” reports, all involving young black males, on August 3 and 4, and October 6, 2011, and again on  February 2nd. The Twitter account for the Retreat at Twin Lakes homeowner association boasted on February 12th about the success of their neighborhood watch program, for which Zimmerman — though a renter, not a homeowner — was the coordinator.

Barnes told investigators that while he was “unsure how the younger African-American community” would react to the outcome of the investigation, he believed “the African-American community would be in an ‘uproar’ if Zimmerman” was not charged. “The community will be satisfied if an arrest takes place,” the report of two FBI agents states. “As for the civil rights investigation, if i is determined to be a violation of Trayvon Martin’s civil rights then it will reflect negatively on the Sanford Police Department and fingers will be pointed at them for not doing their job properly,” the report states, adding that Barnes believed the community was split “50/50″ on whether the shooting was a hate crime, but that he did not believe the shooting was racially motivated. “It was a man shooting an unarmed kid.” the report states Barnes told the FBI investigators.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2012, 12:53:46 AM »

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/7/15/let_stand_your_groun.html

EXCLUSIVE POLL: Floridians say they want Stand Your Ground law to stay
Last Updated: Monday, July 16, 2012 @ 12:17AM

ST PETERSBURG --
When 28-year-old George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin and argued the Stand Your Ground law, saying he was protecting himself, the application of the law came under question and scrutiny. Despite the controversy, though, most Floridians say they think the law shouldn't be changed.

According to a Tampa Bay Times, Bay News 9 exclusive statewide poll, 64 percent of registered voters said they support the law and even almost half of those who say they oppose it add they would really just like to see it modified. Only 18 percent of those polled said they want to see the law repealed.

The law, which was passed in 2005, say ... a person is justified to use deadly force to defend themselves if they reasonably believe that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death, great bodily harm or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony. A citizen has no duty to retreat and if it is determined that their use of force was justified, they are immune from criminal prosecution and civil action. The Stand Your Ground law does not apply if the victim initially provokes the use of force of if they are involved in a felony crime.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.