March 18, 2024, 08:01:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #3 7/12/12 - 6/14/13  (Read 431210 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2012, 03:30:01 PM »

Sorry I still stand my ground George Zimmerman should have stopped following Trayvon Martin when he was asked too, but this want to be cop didn't listen to the dispatcher  none of this would be going on JMO

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: September 12, 2012, 07:18:55 PM »

Sorry I still stand my ground George Zimmerman should have stopped following Trayvon Martin when he was asked too, but this want to be cop didn't listen to the dispatcher  none of this would be going on JMO

I agree Blonde
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: September 12, 2012, 08:43:12 PM »

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/stateroundup/stand-your-ground-laws-impact-needs-more-study-task-force-told/1251191

Stand Your Ground law's impact needs more study, task force told
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 05:17 PM

TALLAHASSEE — Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll has repeatedly said that the task force commissioned to look into Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" law will make its decision based on facts, not emotions.

But Carroll and 18 other task force members learned Wednesday that those facts — like many Stand Your Ground cases — can be difficult to pin down.

A University of Florida professor presented a slew of data tracking trends in crime, gun ownership and tourism since the 2005, but ultimately concluded that no definitive connections could be made yet to the Stand Your Ground law.
 ::snipping2::
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: September 13, 2012, 08:07:40 PM »

http://www.mysanfordherald.com/view/full_story/20139839/article-State-to-release-more-evidence-in-George-Zimmerman-caseState-to-release-more-evidence-in-George-Zimmerman-case?instance=home_news_right

State to release more evidence in George Zimmerman caseState to release more evidence in George Zimmerman case
September 13 2012

The State Attorney’s Office announced Thursday they will release another round of evidence in the case against George Zimmerman.

The release is expected to come Wednesday morning.

Attorney Mark O’Mara said Zimmerman’s defense team is now preparing for a self-defense hearing, which could be months away.

Unlike a trial, the burden would be on the defense during the hearing to prove Zimmerman shot Martin in self-defense. Also, the decision to dismiss Zimmerman’s charges would lie in the hands of the judge, rather than a jury.

Read more...
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: September 13, 2012, 08:11:50 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-09-13/news/os-george-zimmerman-new-evidence-20120913_1_george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-cell-phone-records

State to release more George Zimmerman evidence next week
11:33 a.m. EST, September 13, 2012

The records are among those given to Zimmerman's defense last month, including 217 photos from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, eight photos taken by a private investigator hired by Trayvon's family, Zimmerman's school records from Manassas, Va., eight incident reports and the cell phone records of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, who Zimmerman shot Feb. 26 in Sanford.

It's likely that some of those documents will not be made public in the evidence release next week. School records are typically exempt from public release, as are cell phone records.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: September 13, 2012, 08:16:09 PM »

I agree Blonde

yep...

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #306 on: September 14, 2012, 10:29:16 AM »

if you listen to the 911 call, he did stop.

IF the Martin family would have kept a better eye on their son, none of this would have happened. I blame the parents.

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #307 on: September 14, 2012, 10:30:25 AM »

Trayvon Martin's parents will be on the Dr. Phil show.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/video/7724688-dr-phil-talks-to-trayvon-martins-parents/
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #308 on: September 14, 2012, 10:32:31 AM »

IF the Martin family would have kept a better eye on their son, none of this would have happened. I blame the parents.

I understand that a parent cannot keep an eye on their  child 24/7 but if they would have maybe payed better attention to him then maybe this would not have happened.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: September 14, 2012, 01:16:01 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/article/trayvon-martin-to-go-under-the-public-microscope-like-george-zimmerman-did

Trayvon Martin to go under the public microscope, like George Zimmerman did
September 14, 2012
By: Radell Smith

On Friday, Sept. 14, the Orlando Sentinel stated that in response to the defense seeking Trayvon Martin's social media records and school records, which could show behavioral issues and more about the deceased, that the prosecution will release additional records on the accused next week.

The family of the deceased has called the defense's request for personal records as "character assassination" and a "witch hunt," but any criminal defense attorney worth their salt calls it putting on a complete defense for their accused client.
Yet if nothing derogatory is found on the dead youth, then what harm is there in requesting records that show him as an exemplary young man without any known gang ties or issues about conduct unbecoming?

Wednesday, Sept. 19 appears to be the date the public will get that answer, with the state slated to release their last batch of evidence regarding the shooting that took the life of the youth on school suspension, and the defense finally obtaining all the data from schools sought 10 days earlier.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #310 on: September 14, 2012, 08:03:20 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/09/trayvon-martins-mom-i-want-a-legacy-that-lives-forever-in-his-name.html

Trayvon Martin’s mom: ‘I want a legacy that lives on forever in his name’
Dr. Phil, George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin, WOFL — posted by halboedeker on September, 14 2012 4:11 PM

Trayvon Martin’s parents shared their grief in an episode telecast nationally Friday on “Dr. Phil,” and they received on-air counseling from Dr. Phil McGraw.
McGraw repeatedly offered words of support for the parents, and he replayed scenes from his season premiere, in which he lectured a friend who defended Zimmerman.

Fulton said that she didn’t consider an apology from Zimmerman, given in court, to be sincere. Fulton said the family wants a trial “so that the person that committed this crime is held accountable for what he had done.”

McGraw asked members of the studio audience to stand if they had compassion for Trayvon’s family, and it looked as if everyone stood. He also volunteered to help Trayvon’s parents with their foundation.

“Dr. Phil” airs at 3 p.m. weekdays on WOFL-Channel 35.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: September 15, 2012, 12:10:42 AM »

http://www.wdbo.com/news/news/local/city-sanford-hires-texas-consulting-firm-find-new-/nSBNb/

Posted: 6:45 a.m. Friday, Sept. 14, 2012
City of Sanford hires firm to find new police chief

SANFORD, Fla. —
The city of Sanford has hired some help to find its new police chief.

City manager Norton Bonaparte fired Chief Bill Lee back in June over how he handled the Trayvon Martin shooting.

Now, the same headhunter that found Lee has been hired to find his replacement.

The city paid a Dallas company almost $25,000 to choose Lee to run this department. He came from just a few miles away at the Seminole County Sheriff's Office.

Lee was hired less than two years ago from a pool of 21 candidates found by Waters Consulting Group. Half of them were from Florida.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: September 16, 2012, 11:26:51 AM »

really?  he was a 17 yr old kid walking home from a store when GZ started following him. i am no fan of Trayvons parents but any 17 yr old kid has the right to go to a convenience store without their parents with him!  do u also blame George"s parents for his behaviour in all of this?  And we r not really sure from the 911 tape if George really did stop following Trayvon.  just because he said OK to not following Trayvon, does not mean that he really did stop. jmo...

sailcat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #313 on: September 16, 2012, 01:45:59 PM »

really?  he was a 17 yr old kid walking home from a store when GZ started following him. i am no fan of Trayvons parents but any 17 yr old kid has the right to go to a convenience store without their parents with him!  do u also blame George"s parents for his behaviour in all of this?  And we r not really sure from the 911 tape if George really did stop following Trayvon.  just because he said OK to not following Trayvon, does not mean that he really did stop. jmo...

Well said, Cookie! The kid was minding his own business - doing nothing wrong - and did NOT deserve to die. I am really baffled by anyone who can blame anyone other than George Zimmerman for this whole sorry incident.

"Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: September 17, 2012, 01:41:47 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/09/legal-system-treats-celebs-differently-dershowitz-says/

Sep 17, 2012 12:51pm
Legal System Treats Celebs Differently, Dershowitz Says

The outspoken attorney, now 74, is just as blunt in criticizing the prosecutors in the case of George Zimmerman, the Florida neighborhood watch officer charged in the death of black teenager Trayvon Martin.

“I think the prosecutor is going to be laughed out of court, in terms of charging him with murder,” he says. “This is not deliberate, willful murder. At most this could be manslaughter and like in some other cases when you overcharge you risk losing everything. So he might go completely scot-free.”
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #315 on: September 17, 2012, 02:03:18 PM »

http://www.mysanfordherald.com/view/full_story/20180186/article-Shellie-Zimmerman-may-have-concealed-weapons-license-suspended-by-State?instance=home_news_right

Shellie Zimmerman may have concealed weapons license suspended by State
September 17 2012 at 1225

Shellie Zimmerman, wife of George Zimmerman, stands to lose her concealed weapons license according to a legal document filed by the State of Florida Division of Licensing.

According to the Division of Licensing the suspension stems from legal action, not a lack of renewal of the license. The notice of suspension was filed Sunday and gives Shellie 21 days to request a hearing to contest the action.

Subsequently the State Attorney’s Office charged Shellie with perjury in mid-June. She is currently out of jail on a $1,000 bond and has her next court appearance on Sept. 19 in front of Judge Debra Nelson – the same judge handling George’s case.

Read more...
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: September 17, 2012, 03:58:01 PM »

http://www.bet.com/news/national/2012/09/17/lawyer-for-trayvon-s-parents-complain-about-zimmerman-facebook-request.html

Lawyer for Trayvon’s Parents Complain About Zimmerman Facebook Request
Posted: 09/17/2012 12:06 PM EDT

The lawyer for Trayvon Martin’s parents harshly criticized efforts by George Zimmerman’s attorneys to obtain the school records and Facebook information for the deceased 17-year-old high school student, saying they were irrelevant to the case.

“Zimmerman’s lawyers are attempting to assassinate Trayvon Martin’s character,” said Benjamin Crump, in an interview with BET.com. “Whatever Trayvon had on his Facebook page or whatever was in his school records have nothing to do with why Zimmerman shot him.”

Crump said he is seeking to obtain Zimmerman’s medical records.

“The medical condition and medical history of George Zimmerman is far more relevant to the case,” Crump said. “He was the one who did the shooting.”
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: September 18, 2012, 05:07:17 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-09-18/news/os-shellie-zimmerman-gun-permit-20120918_1_shellie-zimmerman-george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin

State moves to suspend Shellie Zimmerman's concealed weapons permit
3:04 p.m. EST, September 18, 2012

The state has published notice that it is on the verge of suspending Shellie Zimmerman's concealed weapons permit.
She and her husband both have concealed weapons permits, according to authorities, but the Florida Division of Licensing bought a legal notice in the Sanford Herald Sunday, officially notifying her that it was on the verge of suspending hers.

It is taking that action after Special Prosecutor Angela Corey charged her with perjury, a felony, something that allows the state to temporarily yank her gun permit.

If convicted, she could lose it permanently.
Shellie Zimmerman is scheduled to appear in court in Sanford tomorrow for a routine "docket sounding" hearing in her perjury case. That's a hearing at which attorneys for both sides will tell Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson whether they are ready for trial.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: September 19, 2012, 11:44:54 AM »

Links to the discovery documents can be found in the article.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/9/19/new_documents_expect.html

New documents show only Zimmerman's DNA on gun
Last Updated: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 @ 11:08AM

SANFORD --
The latest release of discovery documents in the case against George Zimmerman includes photos, documents, audio recordings and email records.

The state Attorney's Office release its sixth and seventh sets of supplemental discovery records in the case Wednesday morning. Some of that includes the FDLE forensic and DNA reports from the night 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: September 19, 2012, 12:28:18 PM »

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2012/9/19/new_documents_expect.html

New documents show only Zimmerman's DNA idenfied on gun
Last Updated: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 @ 11:45AM

The forensic test results rule out Trayvon Martin's DNA from being on the grip of the gun that killed him on the night of February 26.

Zimmerman's DNA was also identified on the gun's holster, but no determination could be made as to whether Martin's DNA was on the holster as well, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Zimmerman, who has been charged with second-degree murder for Martin's death, has pleaded not guilty, claiming self-defense. He is free on bond, but his exact whereabouts in Seminole County remain unknown.

The question of whose DNA is on the gun and holster could play a role in Zimmerman's defense. Zimmerman said Martin had been on top of him, slamming his head against the ground and smothering his mouth and nose with his hand and arm when he grabbed his gun from a holster on his waist before Martin could get it. He shot the teenager once in the chest.

Other documents released by prosecutors Wednesday include an audio recording of an interview with the clerk of a nearby 7-Eleven where Martin purchased Skittles and a can of iced tea moments before his confrontation with Zimmerman.

In the interview, conducted more than a month after the shooting, the clerk said he didn't remember Martin, and there was nothing about the teen that made him stand out in his mind.

"To be honest, I don't even remember that day," said the clerk, whose name was redacted.

Trayvon Martin's blood was identified on the bag of Skittles he was carrying.

There was also a sample taken from Martin's fingernails. According to the documents, there were no traces of anyone else's DNA found. Prosecutors could use that to argue that there was no fight or struggle, as Zimmerman described.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.