March 19, 2024, 04:34:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #3 7/12/12 - 6/14/13  (Read 431329 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2012, 12:28:57 AM »

Cousin (Witness 9) of George Zimmerman Claims He Sexually Abused Her as a Child over 10 Years (Audio) … Mark O’Mara Says, “The content of this statement is not relevant to the issues of this case, and it would not be admissible in the state’s case”

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/07/16/cousin-of-george-zimmerman-claims-he-sexually-abused-her-as-a-child-over-10-years-mark-omara-says-the-content-of-this-statement-is-not-relevant-to-the-issues-of-this-case-and-it-would-not-be/

George Zimmerman’s defense attorney Mark O’Mara  said that he and his legal team would “vigorously defend” him against the allegations. Being a victims rights advocate, I am a bit dismayed by the fact that the prosecution would release such prejudicial information regarding a defendant and the fact that Judge Lester allowed it to be released as he denied a defense motion. If these allegations are true, the girl should have come forward and had Zimmerman prosecuted. It is obviously too late now which begs the question, why did the woman make it an issue now? Second, why did the prosecution release such information that had no bearing on this murder case and will never be allowed to be admitted as evidence? This was released to incite the public and will obviously taint the jury pool. Third, how could Judge Lester allow such prejudicial and inflammatory information be released? Maybe Mark O’Mara is 100% correct, Judge Lester needs to be removed from this case as he is incapable of being impartial.

I really have to question the prosecution and Judge Lester for putting this out in the public forum and allowing it to be made public. It has nothing to do with this case and will never be allowed in the trial, so the only reason it was made public was to incite the public and taint a jury pool.

I am a victims rights advocate, but this does nothing but lower the bar of justice. This girl had never come forward? If she had, did anyone take her seriously or deem her credible?

This really is smarmy and reeks more of politics than a court of justice.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2012, 02:13:34 AM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/16/ijvm.01.html

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Girls Vanish During Bike Ride
Aired July 16, 2012 - 19:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.
 ::snipping2::
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, new ugly allegations emerge in the Trayvon Martin shooting case. A new witness steps forward and accuses shooter, the volunteer neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman of racism and of a decade of sexual abuse.

George Zimmerman, currently out of jail in a safe house awaiting trial after gunning down unarmed teen Trayvon Martin. Cops interview scores of witnesses including one woman who lashed out against the shooter with disturbing new claims. Defense attorney, Mark O`Meara, says this is George Zimmerman`s own cousin.

The police audio of this mystery witness called Witness Number Nine was just released. And what she has to say is shocking. Listen.

(BEGIN AUDIO CLIP)

WITNESS NUMBER 9: It started when I was six. He`s about almost two years older than I am. He would reach under the blankets and try to do things. I would try to push him off but he was bigger and stronger and older. It was in front of everybody. And I don`t know how I didn`t say anything, but I just didn`t know any better.

(END AUDIO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s reemphasize what this mystery Witness Number Nine has said is that Zimmerman was just eight years old when she claims he began touching her inappropriately. She says it continued until he was 17. We will not be naming Witness Number Nine. We have reached out to her for comment and we`re told that nobody in her family would be speaking to the media.

Zimmerman`s defense team fought tooth and nails to keep this evidence from being released, arguing right up until the very moment it was made public.

Now that it`s out Zimmerman`s attorney Mark O`Meara says, quote, "This statement is not relevant to this." He also says it will not be admissible in the trial. Instead it should not have been made public because this claim is likely to lead to widespread hostile publicity against George Zimmerman that could substantially impair his fair trial rights, obviously.

Zimmerman has already been the target of nationwide public hostility. There were nationwide marches and protests calling for his arrest.

Does this change your opinion of George Zimmerman? Call me 1-877-JVM- SAYS. That`s 1-877-586-7297.

Straight out to Natalie Jackson, we are delighted to have her. She`s the attorney for Trayvon Martin`s family. Natalie thank you for being here.

What`s your reaction to this claim of mystery Witness Number Nine who claims George Zimmerman touched her inappropriately starting when he was 8 years old. A lot of people are saying it`s irrelevant. It`s prejudicial and he was only 8 when it started allegedly.

NATALIE JACKSON, ATTORNEY FOR TRAYVON MARTIN`S FAMILY: Well, I have to tell you Jane, our defense team, we have known about this witness for a while. We decided not to talk about her because we felt that it was her story to tell and it was, you know, out of respect for her privacy.

What a lot of people have forgotten is that this witness made a phone call to the police department two days after the shooting. This was before any media got involved. This was before she knew that this case would be on a public and such a large national and global scale. She was just trying to do the right thing.

My heart really goes out to her because I don`t think she meant for this to become a public incident. And I don`t think she meant for her life to be examined or George`s life to be examined. She was just trying to give the police information on what she knew about George Zimmerman.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. Natalie, I was asking you -- first of all. We don`t know who she is. I don`t know how much her life has been disrupted. But for those who say this should never have been released. It`s irrelevant. It`s highly prejudicial. And how can you blame somebody for something that allegedly happened -- started when they were 8?

JACKSON: It will be relevant. I believe the prosecutor has inferred in this case that she`ll be used as a rebuttal witness. That means that if there`s any testimony from George Zimmerman`s side or from the defense side that he -- he doesn`t have racial tendencies or he is not a violent person, I believe that`s why they disclosed her.

Because she called -- the first statement from her that was released was the statement that she made just to inform the police department to look further into this because she believes that race may have played a part in it. And, you know, she`s known him for a very, very long time. So I think that -- like I said --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Mark Eiglarsh, criminal defense attorney, your thoughts on relevance and the prejudicial nature, if so.

MARK EIGLARSH, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Once again, I find myself thoroughly disagreeing with Miss Jackson. Not because I want to be argumentative but I completely disagree. There`s no legal relevance whatsoever to this alleged -- these allegations that took place when he was a child. I have no idea if it`s true or not. But that has nothing to do with a shooting case.

Now as it relates to her alleges of racism, what she`s alleging is his family, they`re all racist, and she gives an explanation of why she believes the mother is a racist. And maybe the mother is. I have no idea. But when asked what specific words flowed from George Zimmerman`s lips to cause you to conclude that he was a racist, she couldn`t give anything specific.

And furthermore she was asked did you see him act out in any manner to suggest that he was a racist? No. She can`t give any example. So once again I find this witness to be not credible, not usable, completely irrelevant.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right, we`re talking about George Zimmerman and we wanted to play a clip, because there`s this new witness, mystery Witness Number Nine who claims that George Zimmerman and his whole family had kind of a racist attitude. We`ll play a clip -- and it`s about 21 seconds -- and then we`ll get Natalie Jackson`s reaction to that.

(BEGIN AUDIO CLIP)

WITNESS NUMBER 9: I was afraid that he may have done something because the kid was black. Because growing up, they`ve always made -- him and his family have always made statements that they don`t like black people if they don`t act like white people.

(END AUDIO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Natalie Jackson, attorney for Trayvon Martin`s family, this kind of dovetails with a former colleague who was Arab- American who said that George Zimmerman impersonated him as a terrorist character. Your thoughts?

JACKSON: Well, my thoughts on this is I want to go back to whether or not she is admissible into this case. This is about George Zimmerman`s mentality. She could be called as a rebuttal witness -- I`ll still stand by that. Now, he can decide what part of her testimony she can talk about.

A judge may rule that what she says about any accusations and molestations irrelevant and may allow other testimony in about what she says about the racial ideologies he had. My thoughts in it is that it`s going to depend on how the door is opened, how she is brought in. The state has listed her as a witness in this case and they have indicated that they will use her as a rebuttal witness.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Quickly, Mark Eiglarsh.

EIGLARSH: Yes. Anything or anyone could be listed as a rebuttal witness, it doesn`t mean that they have anything of value to say. They have to prove that this was ill will, hatred, or spite which is what caused Zimmerman to act. And I don`t see it so far.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2012, 02:22:34 AM »

Two-page article

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/16/2898502/jail-call-says-defense-attorney.html

Jail call says defense attorney knew about Zimmerman’s hidden money
Posted on Monday, 07.16.12

Prosecutors released nearly 150 of George Zimmerman’s recorded jailhouse phone calls Monday, including one that suggests his defense attorney knew from the start that tens of thousands of dollars in donations had begun pouring in.

In a phone call recorded April 14 between Zimmerman and a friend named Scott, the two discuss the new defense lawyer and the attorney’s vision for an upcoming bond hearing. Zimmerman tells his friend that he told his new attorney, Mark O’Mara, that he tried to transfer $37,000 from his online legal defense fund site, but could not complete the transaction because of PayPal rules that prevent transfers larger than $10,000.

He twice mentions telling O’Mara about the money.

“He said he’s going to have me declared indigent,” Zimmerman told his friend. “I told him I didn’t think that would be possible, because there was one sizable transfer I tried to make. It got stopped. You know, $37. He said: ‘Well that doesn’t matter. Right now you’re not working. You’re not providing an income for your family. You’re probably not going to be employable for the rest of your life.’”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/16/2898502/jail-call-says-defense-attorney.html#storylink=cpy
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2012, 05:50:57 AM »

Grace-land - TY for the JVM transcript!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2012, 11:02:21 AM »

You're welcome, Puzzler! 
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2012, 01:35:17 PM »

https://twitter.com/DaraleneJones

24m Daralene Jones ‏@DaraleneJones
Checking to see if that means we could get ruling today...I doubt it.

27m Daralene Jones ‏@DaraleneJones
Court spokesperson told me yesterday Judge was waiting to rule on ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬'s request for new judge until he had state's response

28m Daralene Jones ‏@DaraleneJones
State says just because you don't like ruling, doesn't mean you have the right to ask fo ra new judge ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬
\
29m Daralene Jones ‏@DaraleneJones
State slams ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬'s attorney, Mark O'Mara for numerous media appearances, in its motion to objecting to request for new judge

31m Daralene Jones ‏@DaraleneJones
State notes this is second time ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬ has requested a new judge

33m Daralene Jones ‏@DaraleneJones
State just filed a motion to object to ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬'s request for a new judge. Reading it now

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2012, 01:37:25 PM »

It's time for new players all around...new judge, new state atty, new def atty.  They all seem to be in it for the wrong reasons. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2012, 01:58:57 PM »

It's time for new players all around...new judge, new state atty, new def atty.  They all seem to be in it for the wrong reasons. 

SHOCKING REVELATION! Fox News Host Sean Hannity Offered To Pay George Zimmerman's Legal Fees!

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/news/fox-news-host-sean-hannity-mark-omara-trayvon-martin-phone-calls-pay-george-zimmermans-legal-fees-details#ixzz20u4WS786

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2012, 01:59:47 PM »

https://twitter.com/DaraleneJones

Daralene Jones ‏@DaraleneJones
Court officials: "Judge Lester is on vaca until July 27, so sounds like it could be a while before he rules on whether GZ gets new judge  55s

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2012, 02:06:15 PM »

SHOCKING REVELATION! Fox News Host Sean Hannity Offered To Pay George Zimmerman's Legal Fees!

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/news/fox-news-host-sean-hannity-mark-omara-trayvon-martin-phone-calls-pay-george-zimmermans-legal-fees-details#ixzz20u4WS786

I don't know what/who globalgrind is - but I don't really see Sean Hannity going for Jose Baez as Zim's attorney.  I know Sean Hannity has taken an interest in this case from the beginning - but I'm not sure I understand why he would spend a lot of money on Baez.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2012, 02:36:12 PM »

I don't know what/who globalgrind is - but I don't really see Sean Hannity going for Jose Baez as Zim's attorney.  I know Sean Hannity has taken an interest in this case from the beginning - but I'm not sure I understand why he would spend a lot of money on Baez.
I don't see SH doing it but I can see Geraldo forking over the cash as long as his good buddy Bozo gets a job.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2012, 02:52:59 PM »

I don't see SH doing it but I can see Geraldo forking over the cash as long as his good buddy Bozo gets a job.
GR was my first thought as well.  I have sent a request into snopes.com asking if they can get to the truth of this.  We shall see.....

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/blob/view/-/15577874/data/1/-/7o1d0uz/-/State-responds.pdf

State's Response to Defendant's Verified Motion to Disqualify Trial Judge

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2012, 07:22:38 PM »

DON'T MISS THE DANA PRETZER SHOW AT 9PM ET!

Click on the link below at 9pm ET to listen:

http://scaredmonkeysradio.com/radio.m3u
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 08:30:23 PM by klaasend » Logged
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2012, 08:21:41 PM »

https://twitter.com/RichardHornsby

Richard Hornsby ‏@RichardHornsby
‪#SeanHannity‬ works for FOX. ‪#GeraldoRivera‬ works for FOX. ‪#JoseBaez‬ and ‪#GeraldoRivera‬ are in Bromance. Math is simple. ‪#GeorgeZimmerman‬

seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2012, 09:12:10 PM »

You can listen to George's jail house calls with him talking about Sean Hannity "code name SH", and Jose, "code name JB" where he blabbers on about them. He uses Jose's whole name several times......one of the times IIRC, he hung up on Jose. LOL

Seriously, these calls show George's true colors.....he is a disgusting, vile person, IMO.
Not one word of regret, remorse, nothing. In fact he JOKES about going to a Trayvon rally if he gets out on bond the Saturday of the rally. Oh, and he's gonna wear a "hoodie". Then chuckles after telling Shellie.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2012, 10:38:42 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/18/us/zimmerman-lawyer-denies-revelations-in-martin-case.html

Zimmerman Lawyer Denies Revelations in Martin Case
Published: July 17, 2012

On Tuesday, Mr. O’Mara said in an interview that he recalled having a conversation with Mr. Zimmerman where a transfer was mentioned but it did not involve a discussion of $37,000 or any large sum of money. Mr. O’Mara said he listened to the tape Monday night and spoken to Mr. Zimmerman about it.

“He didn’t have a conversation about 37 with me,” Mr. O’Mara said. “If there was $37,000 floating around somewhere, I would have been interested in it for a number of reasons.”

“It would have been money for bond, money that would have been disclosed and money for attorney’s fees,” he said.

Mr. O’Mara said he was aware at the time that there were two other Web sites raising money for Mr. Zimmerman with a total of $2,200.

“He did say something about talking to me about the transfer not going through, but it wasn’t particularly relevant to me,” he said. “That was all I remember.”

“There would have been no reason not to disclose that in court if we had known,” Mr. O’Mara added.

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2012, 10:56:41 PM »

Fox News: Sean Hannity Has Never Offered To Pay For George Zimmerman’s Legal Fees
July 17 '12

Global Grind, the news website owned by hip hop mogul Russell Simmons, posted an article claiming that Fox News host Sean Hannity offered to pay for the legal defense fund of George Zimmerman, the man accused of shooting and killing Trayvon Martin earlier this year.

The article is based on transcripts of jailhouse phone calls in which Zimmerman is speaking in coded language to friends and family.

An FNC spokesperson tells TVNewser “Sean Hannity has never offered to pay any legal fees or any fee associated with George Zimmerman.”

In one of the transcripts highlighted by Global Grind, Zimmerman explains that an “SH” has offered money for his defense fund, and later explains to his friend how to reach him. Global Grind says that it confirmed with a “rock solid source” that the email address referenced in the call is one used by Hannity. FNC’s statement refutes that claim.

Global Grind is in an interesting position. Simmons is an acquaintance of Fox News CEO Roger Ailes, as we have noted before.  ::snipping2:: 

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/fox-news-sean-hannity-has-never-offered-to-pay-for-george-zimmermans-legal-fees_b137894
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2012, 12:58:34 AM »

Two-page article

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0717/George-Zimmerman-Is-the-prosecution-damaging-his-credibility

George Zimmerman: Is the prosecution damaging his credibility?
 July 17, 2012

The legal wrangling in the case to date will present difficulties for Zimmerman in the eventual trial to maintain credibility to jurors, legal experts say.

“There are potential enormous negative ramifications presented as a result of this entire bail debacle,” says Marcellus McRae, a former US prosecutor now in private practice in Los Angeles. “You already have someone the judge has signaled in this context has credibility problems. You have to think you don’t get that many missteps before it becomes even more critical.”

Zimmerman did not testify in the bail hearing, which Mr. McRae says suggest his attorneys are planning to keep him off the stand during a trial. That decision, McRae says, “will significantly undermine his effort to get his story across,” which might otherwise be considered powerful testimony when compared to prosecutorial witnesses who were not present at the time of the killing.

Another complication for Zimmerman is his wife, Shellie Zimmerman, who is now embroiled in criminal charges of her own. That makes her credibility suffer, which is a loss considering spouses of criminal defendants are often powerful advocates in the courtroom.

“You’ve got a situation where perhaps two of the chief advocates for Mr. Zimmerman may be silenced. Or, if they aren’t silenced, significantly undermine his credibility,” McRae says.

Another tape released Monday is of an unnamed woman, identified by the defense as a cousin of Zimmerman's, who is heard telling investigators he sexually groped her when they were young children. The woman said Zimmerman first molested her when she was 6 and the episodes continued until she was around 16. Zimmerman is two years older than the accuser.

Her family confronted Zimmerman years later but they failed to file criminal charges, she said.

Although it is not yet known how prosecutors plan to use the woman’s accusations, Jules Epstein, a law professor at Widener University of Law in Philadelphia who specializes in cases involving sex crimes, finds it “unimaginable” the statements would be admissible in the trial.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2012, 11:12:03 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/InSession

In Session
3 minutes ago
Will Jose Baez Join Zimmerman Defense Team?
Long-time friend and supporter of George Zimmerman, Frank Taaffe says he was contacted by someone who's interested in having Jose Baez join Zimmerman's defense team. At 12:40, Taaffe will be on In Session talking with Vinnie Politan about the likelihood that Baez will be involved, and who offered to pay for Zimmerman's defense.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.