March 18, 2024, 09:31:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #3 7/12/12 - 6/14/13  (Read 431234 times)
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #660 on: April 16, 2013, 12:11:55 AM »

But it all costs money to hire security. This area from what I understand had been hit hard by the economy as a lot of areas in Florida has been. The homeowners probably could not afford it. It is nt inexpensive to hire professional security which  the homeowners are expected to pay for  Trayvon's parents went after the association because of the insurance and deeper pockets..

There is no proof that the homeowners association knew that GZ carried a gun or that he was a threat to anyone that I know of. They probably felt that he was just trying to help out by patrolling the area? Dunno,,and further, there is no proof hat GZ targeted Trayvon excuse of his color. That is your assumption?
I still see Trayvon's parents as greedy and cashing in on their son's death. If not, they would not have gotten in with scum bucket Al Sharpton who  is an ambulance chaser in the highest. Other things that they have done etc....sorry, but that is how I feel. I don't like any of these people. Including George Zimmerman.
All just my opinion of course. None of us know  what happened that night. Frankly, I think that they settled too soon. One would think that GZ should be found guilty before compensation is paid out.

You're right, that's why it seems more likely to me that evidence exists that supports egregious acts on behalf of Zimmerman, otherwise why would the insurance company settle so soon?  I mention color because of the number of 9-11 calls that George made regarding black males on foot.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/03/trayvon-shooters-911-calls-potholes-piles-trash-black-men
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/23/did-trayvon-shooter-abuse-911.html

I respect your opinion, Cookie, even if we don't agree.   an angelic monkey

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #661 on: April 16, 2013, 09:08:57 AM »

Yep, That's why i'm thinking they settle very quickly. I believe (JMO) that they know it was truly a case of self defense and if they would have waited maybe they would have not gotten the 1 Million $ payout.

I doubt if he was found innocent, they would have gotten a penny.

I'm sorry they lost their son, but it's his own actions that got him killed.

TM had plenty of time to get back to the townhouse, he would have even made it before GZ was finished talking to the 911 operator.

Does anyone remember when TM's mother said it was an accident and then she changed to he profiled my son and then killed him?

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #662 on: April 16, 2013, 09:14:52 AM »

But it all costs money to hire security. This area from what I understand had been hit hard by the economy as a lot of areas in Florida has been. The homeowners probably could not afford it. It is nt inexpensive to hire professional security which  the homeowners are expected to pay for  Trayvon's parents went after the association because of the insurance and deeper pockets..

There is no proof that the homeowners association knew that GZ carried a gun or that he was a threat to anyone that I know of. They probably felt that he was just trying to help out by patrolling the area? Dunno,,and further, there is no proof hat GZ targeted Trayvon excuse of his color. That is your assumption?
I still see Trayvon's parents as greedy and cashing in on their son's death. If not, they would not have gotten in with scum bucket Al Sharpton who  is an ambulance chaser in the highest. Other things that they have done etc....sorry, but that is how I feel. I don't like any of these people. Including George Zimmerman.
All just my opinion of course. None of us know  what happened that night. Frankly, I think that they settled too soon. One would think that GZ should be found guilty before compensation is paid out.

You're right, that's why it seems more likely to me that evidence exists that supports egregious acts on behalf of Zimmerman, otherwise why would the insurance company settle so soon?  I mention color because of the number of 9-11 calls that George made regarding black males on foot.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/03/trayvon-shooters-911-calls-potholes-piles-trash-black-men
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/23/did-trayvon-shooter-abuse-911.html

Everything that I've read (thus far) points to self defense.

I doubt if they waited until the trial was over they would have gotten a penny.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: April 16, 2013, 09:16:54 AM »

Just for general information, a settlement by an insurance company doesn't necessarily mean guilt.  Sometimes suits are filed  against those with potential deep pockets (those with assets or an insurance policy such as the homeowners association has).  A lawsuit could tie up the homeowners association & their insurance company for years.  With the massive amount of negative  publicity generated by the media and others such as Al Sharpton, threats by the New Black Panthers and etc., I can see why there would be a settlement.    There have been death threats toward George Zimmerman and his family, and no homeowners association wants to go through all of that too.  That doesn't mean the litigation is stopping because there is guilt.  It is just that, a settlement.   I personally don't think a million dollars is all that much money in this day and time.  If it had been more money involved, the insurance company may have fought it longer.     We aren't privy to what the suit entails, because it's sealed at this time.  JMHO 

http://www.ehow.com/facts_5731385_offer-settlement_.html
What Is an Offer in Settlement?

Lawsuit
A lawsuit occurs when an individual or business (the plaintiff) alleges another individual or business (the defendant) caused harm, and seeks monetary compensation as justice. A lawsuit typically begins with the filing of a petition in court, followed by various requests for documentation to build evidence. A lawsuit can take anywhere from several months to several years.

Settlement
Either party may make a settlement offer in an effort to end litigation. A defendant may "low-ball" the offer in order to minimize out-of-pocket expense, but that doesn't always mean that the plaintiff will accept it. Parties go back and forth with counteroffers until they agree upon a settlement amount.

Reasons
A settlement offer by the defendant in a case does not necessarily mean an admission of guilt. Other reasons for a settlement offer may be to avoid the often expensive process of a trial, the embarrassing and time consuming discovery process or the ill-effects that litigation can have on the reputation of the party.

::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #664 on: April 16, 2013, 09:18:41 AM »

Everything that I've read (thus far) points to self defense.

I doubt if they waited until the trial was over they would have gotten a penny.

My personal thoughts on the settlement with the homeowners association has nothing to do with the action that took place that night...but, that their neighborhood watch guy was carrying a gun...something along those lines. 

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #665 on: April 16, 2013, 10:15:04 AM »

Amy's sister...respect to you and your opinion as well as always....

Thx Muffers for your recent post. Insightful

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: April 17, 2013, 12:35:21 AM »

Yep, That's why i'm thinking they settle very quickly. I believe (JMO) that they know it was truly a case of self defense and if they would have waited maybe they would have not gotten the 1 Million $ payout.

I doubt if he was found innocent, they would have gotten a penny.

I'm sorry they lost their son, but it's his own actions that got him killed.

TM had plenty of time to get back to the townhouse, he would have even made it before GZ was finished talking to the 911 operator.

Does anyone remember when TM's mother said it was an accident and then she changed to he profiled my son and then killed him?

BBM  Here is one article about it, iluvmua; it includes a video from the TODAY show when she made the "accident" statement.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/04/12/11159111-update-trayvon-martins-mom-retracts-accident-characterization-says-zimmerman-killed-him-in-cold-blood?lite
Update: Trayvon Martin's mom retracts 'accident' characterization, says Zimmerman killed him in 'cold blood'
12 Apr 2012  7:56am, EDT

Updated at 1:15 p.m. ET: Trayvon Martin's mother retracted her comments that she believes her son's fatal shooting by George Zimmerman was an accident, telling MSNBC-TV on Thursday afternoon that she actually believes "George Zimmerman stalked my son and murdered him in cold blood."

In an interview Thursday morning on NBC's TODAY show, Sybrina Fulton had said: "I believe it was an accident. I believe that it just got out of control and he couldn't turn the clock back."

After Fulton's remarks drew widespread media attention, Ryan Julison, a spokesman for the Martin family, emailed a statement to MSNBC TV saying her comments had been "mischaracterized."
---------------------
And here is one article with comments about her remarks on the TODAY Show--

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-boyce-watkins/trayvon-martin-sybrina-fulton_b_1422243.html
Perhaps Trayvon's Mother Should Stop Talking
Posted: 04/16/2012 5:32 pm

I haven't spoken with Al Sharpton in a few months.  But if we were still speaking and he were to ask me what to do with the mother of Trayvon Martin, my answer would be very simple:  Get her off the stage right now.

Trayvon's mother, Sybrina Fulton, appeared on The Today Show last week and actually said that she thinks that George Zimmerman shot her son by accident.

"One of the things that I still believe in, a person should apologize when they are actually remorseful for what they've done. I believe it was an accident. I believe that it just got out of control and he couldn't turn the clock back. I would ask him, did he know that that was a minor, that that was a teenager, and that he did not have a weapon?"

When I heard these words, I froze in my tracks.  I couldn't believe that Trayvon's mother would make a statement that was in such stark contradiction to the charges being brought forth by the prosecutor.  In fact, there's a big part of me that wonders why she was on the show at all.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: April 17, 2013, 09:23:41 AM »

I remember her saying that very clearly.
What changed her mind? Al Sharpton and $$$$$$$ ...jmo

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #668 on: April 17, 2013, 03:31:05 PM »

My impression watching her make that statement was that she was still in a state of shock and did not know all the details of what happened that night.  Sybrina was giving Zimmerman the benefit of the doubt and did not automatically believe he would cold blooded kill a 17 year old boy. 

I believe when she learned more of the events she realized how guilty George is and retracted her statement.  I believe her initial thought that this was an accident spoke to her faith in humanity.  I'm sure she's much more cynical now. 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: April 17, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/4/17/judge_delays_shellie.html

Judge delays Shellie Zimmerman’s trial until after George's
Last Updated: Wednesday, April 17, 2013

SANFORD --
The attorney for George Zimmerman’s wife was back in court Wednesday.

However, Shellie Zimmerman’s case will not head to trial until after George’s second-degree murder trial.

Shellie waived her right to appear in court. She did show up in court back in February when her attorney, Kelly Sims, tried to get her perjury charge dropped. But the judge refused to dismiss the case.

A state attorney charged Shellie with perjury after accusing her of lying about how much money the couple had, during a bond hearing for George in 2012.

Sims continues to argue the special prosecutor appointed to the Zimmerman case doesn’t have jurisdiction to charge Shellie with perjury, but the judge continues to push her case to trial.

Shellie’s attorney said he is conducting several depositions at the courthouse with witnesses in his client’s case, including bankers who are expected to testify when the case goes to trial.
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #670 on: April 18, 2013, 09:03:49 AM »

I remember her saying that very clearly.
What changed her mind? Al Sharpton and $$$$$$$ ...jmo

100%  agree.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #671 on: April 18, 2013, 03:12:42 PM »

This is off topic but for anyone who follows the Holly Bobo case a major search is on right now. Her purse was found dug up by a dog. It has been confirmed as her purse, found a mile away from her house.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #672 on: April 18, 2013, 03:18:23 PM »

This is off topic but for anyone who follows the Holly Bobo case a major search is on right now. Her purse was found dug up by a dog. It has been confirmed as her purse, found a mile away from her house.

Thank you iluvmua.  Here is the link to the latest case discussion thread for Holly Bobo for others that may come along and see your note:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9825.0

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: April 18, 2013, 04:39:30 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-geoge-zimmerman-longer-witness-list-20130418,0,4090571.story

George Zimmerman witness list now tops 200
12:22 p.m. EDT, April 18, 2013

SANFORD - Attorneys for George Zimmerman have filed their final witness list, and it's grown to 210 people.

The just-revised list now includes 71 employees of the Sanford Police Department – half of its total payroll - and 50 new unidentified witnesses, most believed to be character witnesses.

It includes no revelations. Defense attorneys filed a similar list three weeks ago, but it included 130 individuals.

Many of the witnesses – 81 – are identified by number or letter and not by name, so it's not clear who they are or what they are expected to say.
-------------------------
Link to Defense witness list: 
http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/Defendant's%202nd%20Supplemental%20Witness%20List%20(Redacted).pdf
4/17/13
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #674 on: April 18, 2013, 05:28:42 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/4/18/zimmerman_s_attorney.html

Zimmerman's attorneys respond to Martin family private settlement
Last Updated: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 4:10 PM 

SANFORD --
Attorneys for George Zimmerman are firing back at Trayvon Martin’s parents’ attorney’s efforts to keep a settlement they received confidential.

In a motion filed today, the defense said it should be revealed because the settlement could influence Trayvon's parents' testimony at the trial slated to start in June.
----------------------

Link to our "Documents in the Case" area to read the motion filed today--

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12967.40
Idgie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #675 on: April 19, 2013, 09:56:27 AM »

Thank you iluvmua.  Here is the link to the latest case discussion thread for Holly Bobo for others that may come along and see your note:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9825.0

Thank you somuch for the Holly Bobo link have followed ths case from the beginning.

As for travon Martin , he got what he deserved IMHO.
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #676 on: April 19, 2013, 01:26:31 PM »

As for TM, he made a very stupid choice to come back and confront George.

I have no doubt, it was George screaming for help, It sounds like his voice and I also believe the reason why he was screaming for help is so he would not have to use his gun to shoot TM.

And since TM was banging his head on the ground he had no choice to shoot him since no one was coming to his aid.

JMO.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: April 19, 2013, 03:18:24 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-brother-witness-20130419,0,2770702.story

Prosecutors add George Zimmerman's wife, mom, brother to witness list
1:45 p.m. EDT, April 19, 2013

Prosecutors have added George Zimmerman's wife, mother and brother to their witness list in the Trayvon Martin second-degree murder case, according to paperwork made public today.

It's not clear what testimony they might offer that would help convict Zimmerman, a Neighborhood Watch volunteer who had called police that night, describing Trayvon as suspicious.

His wife, Shellie Zimmerman, 26, was a student nurse before her husband's arrest and was not with him at the time of the shooting.

His brother has become the family spokesman, appearing on television news broadcasts defending the actions of his brother the night Trayvon, an unarmed black 17-year-old, was killed, in Sanford.

Robert Zimmerman Jr. has also come under fire for Twitter feeds, including a recent series related to race and those that compared Trayvon to a black Georgia teenager charged with shooting an infant.

Zimmerman's mother on April 11, the one-year anniversary of her son's arrest, published via Twitter a letter, saying that her son is innocent and his treatment is an example of the failure of the criminal justice system.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: April 24, 2013, 06:04:42 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/os-george-zimmerman-immunity-questions-20130424,0,1352305.story

State wants answer from George Zimmerman on 'stand your ground' hearing
12:12 p.m. EDT, April 24, 2013

The state wants to know for sure whether George Zimmerman plans to claim immunity from prosecution in the shooting of Trayvon Martin — before he goes to trial in the second-degree murder case.

Prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda's new motion asks Circuit Judge Debra Nelson to conduct a "full inquiry" of Zimmerman, and confirm whether he's waiving his right to a hearing under Florida's "stand your ground" law.

In the case's early stages, defense attorney Mark O'Mara "made efforts to publicly assert that [Zimmerman] would be making a self-defense claim" and would request a hearing, the motion notes.

However, O'Mara later told Nelson he wouldn't need the two weeks the judge had set aside for a "stand your ground" hearing. O'Mara has also floated the possibility of combining the hearing and trial.

De la Rionda says Zimmerman needs to make up his mind: The state opposes combining the hearing and trial, and doesn't want Zimmerman to be able to claim immunity after trial, if he's convicted.

De la Rionda’s filing suggests the motion will be addressed at a hearing next week: He asked that Zimmerman attend, likely so the judge could question him about his intentions.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: April 25, 2013, 09:59:18 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/4/25/pam_bondi_weighs_in_.html

Pam Bondi weighs in on Trayvon Martin case
Last Updated: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11:00 AM 

SANFORD --
The state attorney is now weighing in on George Zimmerman’s push to question Trayvon Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump.
Now, in a new 41 page legal response, Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi is asking the appeals court to agree with the judge’s decision, and to not allow the defense to question Crump in a deposition.
------------
Link to 41-page legal response: http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0413/response_to_writ.pdf
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.