March 19, 2024, 03:04:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #3 7/12/12 - 6/14/13  (Read 431294 times)
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2012, 11:46:52 AM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/17/2900145/zimmerman-spent-35k-on-cell-phones.html#storylink=omni_popular

Posted on Tuesday, 07.17.12

Zimmerman spent $36K in 18 days on phones, Internet, credit cards and bills

By Frances Robles
frobles@MiamiHerald.com

George Zimmerman went through almost $36,000 of contributions in 18 days spent mostly in jail, spending a bulk of his newfound cash on telecommunications, newly filed court records show.

Using funds donated from the public on the short-lived www.therealgeorgezimmerman.com, Zimmerman and his wife spent $6,500 on Internet and phone bills, according to a document his defense attorney filed with the judge. He and his wife bought new cell phones for $300 each and paid a year-long Verizon contract in full. They installed a telephone landline for $2,500 and spent $1,300 on a two-year AT&T wi-fi contract.

They paid off at least $7,000 in credit card bills.

They used $4,378 on automotive expenses, making payments on two car loans while renting another for more than $1,500. Gas: $800.

In a May letter to Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester, O’Mara called the spending “judicious.”

::snipping2::

Zimmerman paid off a $3,000 loan to his parents, paid $5,000 for bond, spent $800 at the jail commissary and $600 on jailhouse calling cards. The couple spent about $1,300 on food and $400 on utilities and $1,900 on rent.

Zimmerman and his wife, Shellie, both unemployed, incurred unexpected expenses because they were forced to leave their house in a hurry in face of death threats and heated tensions. That, he said, is why some of the credit card bills are quite steep.

In jailhouse calls released last month by the state attorney’s office, Zimmerman was heard telling his wife to pay off all their bills.

They spent almost $4,000 on American Express alone.

O’Mara stressed that Zimmerman turned over the $123,000 balance to his attorney and that he advised Zimmerman to keep another $20,000 in cash for future expenses.

The expense list covered the period from April 9 when the website went up until April 27, just after the Zimmermans turned over the balance to a legal trust fund.

The judge did not buy the argument and instead said he believed Zimmerman was preparing for a life on the run. He revoked Zimmerman’s bond, and then issued a scathing order raising the bond to $1 million. Now O’Mara is asking for a new judge, saying he believes Lester has shown such prejudice that Zimmerman can’t possibly get a fair trial from him.

In a court document filed Tuesday, Assistant State Attorney Bernie de la Rionda called the argument “absurd.” He criticized O’Mara’s frequent television appearances, and listed several special considerations Lester gave his client, such as letting him serve out his bond out of state.

Bank records submitted as evidence indicate Zimmerman spent at least part of that time on the Maryland shore.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2012, 12:46:36 PM »

FOX News Channel’s Hannity to Present Exclusive Interview with George Zimmerman
July 16 '12

FOX News Channel’s (FNC) Sean Hannity has secured the first interview with George Zimmerman, the suspect accused of killing Florida teenager Trayvon Martin, which will be presented exclusively during Hannity tonight at 9PM/ET for the entire hour.

Zimmerman will open up about what happened the night of Trayvon Martin’s death and his experience in the aftermath of the fatal shooting. Additionally, Zimmerman’s defense attorney Mark O’Mara will answer questions regarding his client’s case and rumors circulating about the bail donations and hidden money.  ::snipping2:: 

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=BW&Date=20120718&ID=15345674&industry=IND_MEDIA&isub=
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2012, 01:04:11 PM »

July 16 '12

FOX News Channel’s (FNC) Sean Hannity has secured the first interview with George Zimmerman, the suspect accused of killing Florida teenager Trayvon Martin, which will be presented exclusively during Hannity tonight at 9PM/ET for the entire hour.

Zimmerman will open up about what happened the night of Trayvon Martin’s death and his experience in the aftermath of the fatal shooting. Additionally, Zimmerman’s defense attorney Mark O’Mara will answer questions regarding his client’s case and rumors circulating about the bail donations and hidden money.  ::snipping2:: 

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=BW&Date=20120718&ID=15345674&industry=IND_MEDIA&isub=
I don't even want to hear them cry "we can't get a fair trial". 

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2012, 01:39:54 PM »

July 16 '12

I agree, Tups.  Why would he put himself out there, like this, in the media?
I honestly don't know what happened that night, and if I was on a jury, I would do my best to be fair and follow the law  BUT  I just think it was WRONG of Zimmerman to go hunting down TM.  JMO
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2012, 03:23:27 PM »

Sandra Olsson Mackey · Top Commenter · Fort Lauderdale, Florida
July 17 '12

Wow, shocking that the news would report inaccurate and inflammatory information. If you listen to the entire tape, he is NOT making fun of Trayvon. They are discussing his safety while leaving jail and talking about laying down on the floor in the car and possibly wearing a hoodie. You guys are unbelievable.

http://www.11alive.com/comments/248687/40/George-Zimmerman-mocks-Trayvon-Martins-hoodie

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2012, 07:38:57 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/InSession

In Session
3 hours ago
Vinnie's Interview with Frank Taaffe
To hear Vinnie Politan's full interview with George Zimmerman's friend Frank Taaffe on In Session, click here:  VIDEO at link

Sorry, I forgot how to put the video onto a post.  They just end up being white boxes whenever I try.. 

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2012, 07:43:15 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/national-news/Interview-Zimmerman-apologizes-again-for-teen-s-death/-/11788232/15596766/-/3jxr4a/-/index.html?absolute=true&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=wesh

By the CNN Wire Staff

Interview: Zimmerman apologizes again for teen's death
Shooting suspect sits for interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity
UPDATED 7:16 PM EDT Jul 18, 2012

(CNN) - The Florida neighborhood watch volunteer at the center of a national firestorm over race, crime and gun rights gave his first television interview Wednesday, apologizing again for killing an unarmed teenager.

George Zimmerman sat for an interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity, expressing his regrets to the parents of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. Zimmerman has been charged with second-degree murder for shooting Martin in what he says was self-defense, and he apologized to Martin's parents during an April bond hearing.

"My wife and I don't have any children. I have nephews that I love more than life. I love them more than myself. And I know when they were born, it was a different unique bond and love that I have with them," Zimmerman told Fox in an excerpt released Wednesday evening. "And I love my children even though that they aren't born yet. I am sorry that they buried their child. I can't imagine what it must feel like. And I pray for them daily."

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2012, 07:49:16 PM »

He loves his children that are not born yet?

Whoa...he has no clue.  He is backtracking with that statement.

A parent that has lost a child is not a group to which he wants to belong.  I feel for both parties, but when he took his gun out and walked that neighborhood, he is responsible for what he did with that gun.

TM did not come into his home - to do wrong.
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2012, 10:32:38 PM »

July 16 '12

I agree, Tups.  Why would he put himself out there, like this, in the media?
I honestly don't know what happened that night, and if I was on a jury, I would do my best to be fair and follow the law  BUT  I just think it was WRONG of Zimmerman to go hunting down TM.  JMO
I dont think him doing an interview was a great idea & I didnt hear what he had to say, but just maybe he wanted to have his own voice be heard with all of the character assassination that he has endured since this happened. I dont know what kind of person he really is but then again, none of us as spectators of this circus have any way of really knowing. We might think he is racist, a molester &that he thinks he can live the high life with all of the money thats been donated to him. Or, we could be logival & think that there is a possibility that none of those things are true. We could think its possible that the media, tne parents, sharpton etc have turned this into a racial thing to fit their own agenda, that the accuser of molestation is embellishing to have her 15 minutes now instead of coming out with het story when the limelight wasnt on (no money for interviews in that), & that maybe gz knows that most if not all of the donations will go toward his defense sine theres no way he &his wife are employable now. We could also think its downright disturbing that tms parents are traveling the world & cashing on their dead son.,this case would have gotten more sympathy from me for the loss of this poor kid if it hadnt been turned into a race war, chance for some to make a name for themselves or a podium for race baiters to spew some hate. Jmo, flame away.
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2012, 10:35:41 PM »

He loves his children that are not born yet?

Whoa...he has no clue.  He is backtracking with that statement.

A parent that has lost a child is not a group to which he wants to belong.  I feel for both parties, but when he took his gun out and walked that neighborhood, he is responsible for what he did with that gun.

TM did not come into his home - to do wrong.
May be true but how can u know that tm did not resent being watched &followed & confront gz thereby putting himself right there to allow a struggle to go very badly?
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2012, 10:43:14 PM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/17/2900145/zimmerman-spent-35k-on-cell-phones.html#storylink=omni_popular

Posted on Tuesday, 07.17.12

Zimmerman spent $36K in 18 days on phones, Internet, credit cards and bills

By Frances Robles
frobles@MiamiHerald.com

George Zimmerman went through almost $36,000 of contributions in 18 days spent mostly in jail, spending a bulk of his newfound cash on telecommunications, newly filed court records show.

Using funds donated from the public on the short-lived www.therealgeorgezimmerman.com, Zimmerman and his wife spent $6,500 on Internet and phone bills, according to a document his defense attorney filed with the judge. He and his wife bought new cell phones for $300 each and paid a year-long Verizon contract in full. They installed a telephone landline for $2,500 and spent $1,300 on a two-year AT&T wi-fi contract.

They paid off at least $7,000 in credit card bills.

They used $4,378 on automotive expenses, making payments on two car loans while renting another for more than $1,500. Gas: $800.

In a May letter to Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester, O’Mara called the spending “judicious.”

Zimmerman paid off a $3,000 loan to his parents, paid $5,000 for bond, spent $800 at the jail commissary and $600 on jailhouse calling cards. The couple spent about $1,300 on food and $400 on utilities and $1,900 on rent.

Zimmerman and his wife, Shellie, both unemployed, incurred unexpected expenses because they were forced to leave their house in a hurry in face of death threats and heated tensions. That, he said, is why some of the credit card bills are quite steep.

In jailhouse calls released last month by the state attorney’s office, Zimmerman was heard telling his wife to pay off all their bills.

They spent almost $4,000 on American Express alone.

O’Mara stressed that Zimmerman turned over the $123,000 balance to his attorney and that he advised Zimmerman to keep another $20,000 in cash for future expenses.

The expense list covered the period from April 9 when the website went up until April 27, just after the Zimmermans turned over the balance to a legal trust fund.

The judge did not buy the argument and instead said he believed Zimmerman was preparing for a life on the run. He revoked Zimmerman’s bond, and then issued a scathing order raising the bond to $1 million. Now O’Mara is asking for a new judge, saying he believes Lester has shown such prejudice that Zimmerman can’t possibly get a fair trial from him.

In a court document filed Tuesday, Assistant State Attorney Bernie de la Rionda called the argument “absurd.” He criticized O’Mara’s frequent television appearances, and listed several special considerations Lester gave his client, such as letting him serve out his bond out of state.

Bank records submitted as evidence indicate Zimmerman spent at least part of that time on the Maryland shore.

"They installed a telephone landline for $2,500" quote.

Why, as claimed by the judge... would they install a landline if planning to flee?
Edit to fix quotes-missing bracket.  MB
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:58:12 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2012, 11:12:55 PM »

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/id5l86

A Statement from Trayvon Martin’s Family in Response to George Zimmerman’s TV Interview: Zimmerman said that he did not regret getting out of his vehicle, he did not regret following Trayvon, in fact he did not regret anything he did that night. In conclusion, he wouldn’t do anything different. He concluded it was God’s plan. “We must worship a different God because there is no way that MY GOD would have wanted George Zimmerman to KILL my teenage son.” Tracy Martin, father of Trayvon Martin.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2012, 11:13:32 PM »

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/id5l86

A Statement from Trayvon Martin’s Family in Response to George Zimmerman’s TV Interview: Zimmerman said that he did not regret getting out of his vehicle, he did not regret following Trayvon, in fact he did not regret anything he did that night. In conclusion, he wouldn’t do anything different. He concluded it was God’s plan. “We must worship a different God because there is no way that MY GOD would have wanted George Zimmerman to KILL my teenage son.” Tracy Martin, father of Trayvon Martin.
Edit to add hyperlink

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2012, 11:14:33 PM »

OH! I guess you don't need one for a TwitLonger......NICE!

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2012, 11:19:32 PM »

I watched most of the interview.....it was VERY rehearsed.  One thing that really bothered me was GZ said that the media turned a positive story into a negative story.   For the life of me, I can't figure out how taking one's life is positive.   jmo

Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2012, 11:53:21 PM »

I watched most of the interview.....it was VERY rehearsed.  One thing that really bothered me was GZ said that the media turned a positive story into a negative story.   For the life of me, I can't figure out how taking one's life is positive.   jmo
I, too, watched most of it...darned interruptions!

Let's face it, the guy can't win for losing. He has the world media against him as per inflamatory headlines and deceptive reporting.

He came across as a decent, nice guy to me. I believe he had to do this to at least try to counter all the slimeball reporting we see.

Of course it won't work because the media has made up their minds that this man is a racist, no-good b@$&^%d.

Those who believe his version will continue to do so, those who do not...same.

And I'm not sure where you got the 'rehearsed'...I didn't see that
Toler
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2012, 12:23:59 AM »

Sandra Olsson Mackey · Top Commenter · Fort Lauderdale, Florida
July 17 '12

Wow, shocking that the news would report inaccurate and inflammatory information. If you listen to the entire tape, he is NOT making fun of Trayvon. They are discussing his safety while leaving jail and talking about laying down on the floor in the car and possibly wearing a hoodie. You guys are unbelievable.

http://www.11alive.com/comments/248687/40/George-Zimmerman-mocks-Trayvon-Martins-hoodie

Quoting myself because...have seen posts on this forum repeating the media inflamatory and lying reporting. Just look at the link...

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2012, 12:59:04 AM »

Fox News Sean Hannity Gets George Zimmerman’s Exclusive Interview … Discusses Night He Shot Trayvone Martin, “I Looked up and He Punched Me and Broke my Nose.” … He Prays for Trayvon’s Family Daily (VIDEO)

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2012/07/18/fox-news-sean-hannity-gets-george-zimmermans-exclusive-interview-discusses-night-he-shot-trayvone-martin-i-looked-up-and-he-punched-me-and-broke-my-nose-he-prays-for-trayvons-family/

However, as the prosecution has released information in the case under Florida Sunshine laws, some of which should never have been released and was only done so to prejudice the public, tonight George Zimmerman flanked by his attorney Mark O’ Mara went on their own PR offensive. Amazingly Zimmerman went through the events of the evening where he  followed Trayvon Martin, got into a scuffle with Martin while getting his nose broken and eventually shooting Martin dead. Some will call it a crazy legal move for a man facing second degree murder charges, others will say that the case is being tried in the court of public opinion, why not present your side to the public. During the interview George Zimmerman said, “I am sorry that they buried their child. I can’t imagine what it must feel like. I pray for them daily.”
::snipping2:: ::snipping2::
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2012, 10:24:33 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2175901/Barbara-Walters-appalled-George-Zimmerman-demands-wife-hotel-MONTH-exchange-interview-backs-out.html

Barbara Walters 'appalled' after George Zimmerman demands he and wife be put up in hotel for a MONTH in exchange for interview and backs out
Walters flew to Florida to speak with Zimmerman but pulled out
Already bitter she did not get exclusive
Fox News' Sean Hannity landed first interview since February 26th shooting of Trayvon Martin
Zimmerman said shooting was all part of God's plan
Said he was not a racist or murderer

By BETH STEBNER and RACHEL QUIGLEY

PUBLISHED: 06:55 EST, 19 July 2012 | UPDATED: 08:59 EST, 19 July 2012

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2012, 10:24:40 AM »

I just finished watching the entire interview.  We now know that Sean Hannity never made an offer to pay for Zim's defense fees (as I thought) and I now think this is a Geraldo "thing", he's probably the "rich man" who made the offer on the condition that Baez be co-counsel.  That's something Geraldo would do for his bud, Baez.

There was no friend "Jaffe" on to talk about adding Baez as co-counsel.

O'Mara (unlike a lot of attorneys) left Zim speak his mind with the exception of one response about the money - O'Mara asked him not to respond to a question about the money because Zim's wife has been charged with a crime and because of any future potential for Zim to be charged.

I was interested to hear Zim's explanations.  Only one time was I saying "huh?" (about would you do something differently and Zim said nothing), but by the end of the interview, Zim cleared that up by explaining his response was in how he interrupted Sean's question and then he responded to how Sean probably meant the question.

I do think that the interview was interesting to the end and for those who didn't watch it all, then chances are good that you missed and important comment.

So, all in all, I think it was a good interview - it set up his defense and O'Mara said that now that he's seen the prosecution's evidence that he "does" think SYG is good for Zim (when he talked about it some time ago and wasn't so sure about SYG - it was before he saw the evidence).

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.