March 28, 2024, 06:11:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #3 7/12/12 - 6/14/13  (Read 431994 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: September 19, 2012, 12:47:30 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-09-19/news/os-george-zimmerman-evidence-new-20120919_1_george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-cell-phone-records

More George Zimmerman evidence released today
12:13 p.m. EST, September 19, 2012

Prosecutors today released another batch of evidence in the second-degree murder case against George Zimmerman, including more than 200 photos, but a quick review suggests there were no bombshells.

Orlando Sentinel reporters are currently reviewing it. Check back for updates.
 ::snipping2::
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #321 on: September 19, 2012, 01:47:42 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-09-19/news/os-shellie-zimmerman-hearing-20120918_1_shellie-zimmerman-george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin

Shellie Zimmerman not expected in court at routine Wednesday hearing
9:27 a.m. EST, September 19, 2012

Shellie Zimmerman has a court date in Sanford Wednesday at 9 a.m. for a routine hearing in her perjury case, but she won't be there.

Defense attorney Kelly Sims wrote in an email to the Orlando Sentinel that she would not appear. He will, he wrote, and will ask for a continuance.

The hearing is called a "docket sounding", a short proceeding at which attorneys for both sides tell the judge, in this case Debra S. Nelson, whether they are ready for trial.

This case is nowhere near that. Sims has not yet asked to look at the state's evidence.
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #322 on: September 19, 2012, 03:02:19 PM »

Sorry I still stand my ground George Zimmerman should have stopped following Trayvon Martin when he was asked too, but this want to be cop didn't listen to the dispatcher  none of this would be going on JMO

if you listen to the 911 call, he did stop.

IF the Martin family would have kept a better eye on their son, none of this would have happened. I blame the parents.

really?  he was a 17 yr old kid walking home from a store when GZ started following him. i am no fan of Trayvons parents but any 17 yr old kid has the right to go to a convenience store without their parents with him!  do u also blame George"s parents for his behaviour in all of this?  And we r not really sure from the 911 tape if George really did stop following Trayvon.  just because he said OK to not following Trayvon, does not mean that he really did stop. jmo...

Well said, Cookie! The kid was minding his own business - doing nothing wrong - and did NOT deserve to die. I am really baffled by anyone who can blame anyone other than George Zimmerman for this whole sorry incident.
iluvmua, while i dont blame the parents for the fact that he was out in the neighborhood as i think any normal 17 year old has that kind of independece, i do think they are nothing more than junior cindy & george anthonys cashing in on their dead child. As far as your opinions on who is at fault in this case, i agree with u there. They both were & nothing will convince me otherwise at this point. If the trial brings out evidence we havent seen then i will eat my words if i am wrong. Fact is, gz was a little too overzeaolus in his pursuit but i wholeheartedly believe that this kid resented being followed & was up for the fight that ensued. It also makes me want to hurl watching these people play out the civil rights agenda & watching people martyr this kid & his parents.      ............My advice to u would be to skip this thread altogether unless you relish the attack that follows. Thats why i dont post or read this thread for the most part. I just wanted to let u know that someone agrees with u.
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #323 on: September 19, 2012, 03:04:29 PM »

Sorry I still stand my ground George Zimmerman should have stopped following Trayvon Martin when he was asked too, but this want to be cop didn't listen to the dispatcher  none of this would be going on JMO

if you listen to the 911 call, he did stop.

IF the Martin family would have kept a better eye on their son, none of this would have happened. I blame the parents.

really?  he was a 17 yr old kid walking home from a store when GZ started following him. i am no fan of Trayvons parents but any 17 yr old kid has the right to go to a convenience store without their parents with him!  do u also blame George"s parents for his behaviour in all of this?  And we r not really sure from the 911 tape if George really did stop following Trayvon.  just because he said OK to not following Trayvon, does not mean that he really did stop. jmo...

Well said, Cookie! The kid was minding his own business - doing nothing wrong - and did NOT deserve to die. I am really baffled by anyone who can blame anyone other than George Zimmerman for this whole sorry incident.
iluvmua, while i dont blame the parents for the fact that he was out in the neighborhood as i think any normal 17 year old has that kind of independece, i do think they are nothing more than junior cindy & george anthonys cashing in on their dead child. As far as your opinions on who is at fault in this case, i agree with u there. They both were & nothing will convince me otherwise at this point. If the trial brings out evidence we havent seen then i will eat my words if i am wrong. Fact is, gz was a little too overzeaolus in his pursuit but i wholeheartedly believe that this kid resented being followed & was up for the fight that ensued. It also makes me want to hurl watching these people play out the civil rights agenda & watching people martyr this kid & his parents.      ............My advice to u would be to skip this thread altogether unless you relish the attack that follows. Thats why i dont post or read this thread for the most part. I just wanted to let u know that someone agrees with u.
oh, one last point re: we few that believe the fault here is not soley georges, i dont think ANYONE on either side would be callous enough to think this kid deserved to die.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: September 19, 2012, 05:08:17 PM »

MSNBC

http://tinyurl.com/8n7llyk

DNA tests exclude Martin from gun grip in Zimmerman case

WESH.com
updated 9/19/2012 12:49:36 PM ET

Another round of evidence was released Wednesday in the second-degree murder case against George Zimmerman.

The evidence includes a few diagrams from witnesses the defense noticed that were not included in the original evidence.

The results from forensic tests also included within the documents show that Zimmerman's DNA was the only one that could be identified on the grip of the gun used to shoot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

The results rule out Martin's DNA from being on the gun's grip.

Zimmerman's DNA also was identified on the gun's holster. The tests were inconclusive as to whether Martin's DNA was on the gun's holster.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: September 19, 2012, 08:49:23 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-09-19/news/os-george-zimmerman-evidence-new-20120919_1_george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-cell-phone-records

New George Zimmerman evidence: Details on Trayvon's DNA on Zimmerman and vice versa
3:48 p.m. EST, September 19, 2012

State evidence released today in the George Zimmerman second-degree murder case shows new details from a state crime lab that found Zimmerman's DNA on Trayvon Martin, the teenager he shot to death, and Trayvon's DNA on him.

But the gun that Zimmerman used to kill Trayvon that night – a gun that Zimmerman told police the teenager had reached for - revealed no evidence that Trayvon touched it.

State scientists checked several parts of the 9 mm handgun: its grip, trigger, slide and holster. They found Zimmerman's DNA and that belonging to other unidentifiable people but none that matched Trayvon, records show.

The gun evidence is important because Zimmerman told Sanford police he opened fire only after the 17-year-old pinned him to the ground and reached for the gun he wore holstered on his waist.

In a re-enactment for Sanford police the next day, Zimmerman did not say or show that the two had struggled over the gun, only that Trayvon had extended his hand toward it.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: September 19, 2012, 08:58:09 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/09/george-zimmerman-could-emails-cause-trial-to-be-moved.html

George Zimmerman: Could emails cause trial to be moved?
George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin, WESH, WFTV, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on September, 19 2012 8:03 PM

When more documents were released in the George Zimmerman case Wednesday, television focused on the emails received by fired Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee.

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the fatal Feb. 26 shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

The emails “include threats like ‘you’re going down.’ Most of the 45,000 messages choking his in box call for justice for Martin,” WESH-Channel 2’s Bob Kealing said.

WFTV-Channel 9 anchor Bob Opsahl said the emails came from around the world and Lee tried to respond to some.

“He tried, but it’s clear Chief Bill Lee was overwhelmed,” WFTV’s Daralene Jones said. “We haven’t even put a dent in this stack of 49,000 emails he received.”
WOFL-Channel 35 legal analyst Diana Tennis speculated that the negative emails could result in a change of venue.

Tennis said: “This is going to be what the defense can point to and say, ‘Look at what the tenor of this town was. Look how angry the community was. Not just one email, not just two, but thousands of them. We do not know at what point, if ever, the mood in this town will turn around and be favorable or fair to George Zimmerman. We need to take this to another county.’ ”
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: September 20, 2012, 12:48:45 AM »

http://www.lawyerherald.com/articles/2095/20120919/george-zimmerman-update-travyon-martin-s-dna.htm

George Zimmerman Update: Travyon Martin’s DNA Not Found on Gun, Crucial Evidence for Prosecutors?
Sep 19, 2012 02:02 PM EDT

While the Associated Press' Mike Schneider thinks this new evidence might prove beneficial to the prosecutor, this notion might seem a tad bit misleading. Although the evidence will do them no harm, it might not weigh as heavily as one might expect. Zimmerman and his lawyer Mark O'mara have always claimed self-defense. Zimmerman has never explicitly mentioned that Martin ever touched the gun. He did confess that the teenager smashed his head on the road and reached for the holster, but department says that it has not determined if Martin's DNA can be found on the holster.

Read more...
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: September 20, 2012, 10:52:17 AM »

I am not on either side on this case. I don't know enough about what really happened anymore than the next person posting on here. I have not seen anyone being attacked on this thread for their views so I would encourage all to feel welcome to post their feelings.
I just feel that if GZ would have not pursued TM none of this would have happened. Trayvon may had resented GZ from following him and fought back, or even started the fight by throwing the first punch? None of us will ever really know the truth. But what caused the whole incident to occur? George did. Jmo. We don't know at this point what truly happened except that someone is dead.
I can't stand TM's parents for trying to profit off of the death of their son. I also think that GZ has profited from this death as well from contributions from others. Again all my opinion. I can see how this case could go either way. I do think that there is a huge chance that GZ will be convicted. I just want a fair trial and if he is found guilty, then so be it. If he is found innocent, then so be it.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: September 20, 2012, 11:45:33 AM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-09-19/news/os-shellie-zimmerman-docket-sounding-20120919_1_shellie-zimmerman-george-zimmerman-trayvon-martin

Shellie Zimmerman gets a continuance in perjury case
12:54 p.m. EST, September 19, 2012

Defense attorney Kelly Sims is not, so he asked for a delay, and Nelson granted it, according to court minutes.

Sims has not yet asked to look at the state's evidence.

The judge set Zimmerman's next hearing, also a docket sounding, for Oct. 17.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: September 20, 2012, 10:08:50 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/state-attorney-elect-jeff-ashton-sends-firing-lett/nSGjd/

Posted: 4:21 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 20, 2012
State attorney elect Jeff Ashton sends 'firing' letters to prosecutors

ORLANDO, Fla. —
Just months before state attorney elect Jeff Ashton takes over the State Attorney's Office, letters were sent to the homes of prosecutors, telling them they would be fired.
Veteran prosecutor Dorothy Segwick  also received the letter.

She is the wife of Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester, who recently recused himself from the Trayvon Martin case, after making disparaging comments about defendant George Zimmerman.

Ashton told WFTV he expects Lamar's No. 2, Bill Vose, and three others, including government corruption prosecutor Steve Foster, to leave voluntarily.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: September 21, 2012, 01:58:19 AM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-09-20/news/os-george-zimmerman-school-records-fight-20120920_1_trayvon-martin-mark-o-mara-george-zimmerman-case

Prosecutors: Keep Trayvon Martin's school records secret
3:51 p.m. EST, September 20, 2012|

SANFORD – The lead prosecutor in the George Zimmerman case is suggesting that defense attorney Mark O'Mara is trying to create a media feeding frenzy by digging up Trayvon Martin's school disciplinary records.

In a new pleading, Assistant State Attorney Bernie de la Rionda asks Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson to seal whatever those records show and in the future to keep O'Mara's subpoenas a secret.

O'Mara is entitled to go on a fishing expedition to find out about Trayvon's past, according to court paperwork de la Rionda filed Wednesday, but "he is not allowed to chum the waters and then, by innuendo or otherwise, to publish irrelevant items … to the media in an attempt to influence public perception or otherwise curry favor with potential jurors."

De la Rionda also Wednesday filed a new evidence list – his eighth. It shows that a book and television appearance by Zimmerman's self-proclaimed best friend, former Seminole County deputy Mark Osterman, are now officially part of the case prosecutors are building against Zimmerman.

Zimmerman, 28, is free on $1 million bail, awaiting trial on a second-degree murder charge. He says he killed Trayvon, an unarmed black 17-year-old, in self-defense.

The fight over Trayvon's school records, though, could mean more secret court filings and hearings.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: September 21, 2012, 10:30:21 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-09-18/news/os-george-zimmerman-osterman-book-20120918_1_trayvon-martin-george-zimmerman-shellie-zimmerman

George Zimmerman's friends in book: 'Guilty or innocent, he will lose'
8:07 p.m. EST, September 18, 2012

In a new book, the couple who hid George Zimmerman for weeks after he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin reveal personal details of what life was like for Zimmerman as he became, according to friends Mark and Sondra Osterman, "the most hated man in America."

The Ostermans' book, titled "Defending Our Friend: The Most Hated Man in America," explores Zimmerman's life in the aftermath of the Feb. 26 shooting in Sanford.
Zimmerman's legal team tweeted last week that Osterman's book "although well-intentioned" is "ill-timed" and "NOT approved by the defense." However, Osterman told the Sentinel that Zimmerman gave him permission to write it before his arrest in April. He said he has not talked to George Zimmerman since his arrest, on lead defense lawyer Mark O'Mara's advice.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: September 23, 2012, 12:00:09 AM »

everybody wants to cash in on another person"s demise..who the heck would bother reading a book by friends of George ?

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: September 23, 2012, 11:39:41 AM »

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/09/23/trayvon-martins-family-will-speak-at-local-conference-helping-parents-deal-with-violence/

Trayvon Martin’s Family Will Speak At Local Conference Helping Parents Deal With Violence
September 23, 2012 4:00 AM

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – The family of Trayvon Martin is headed to Philadelphia in two weeks for a conference focused on curtailing violence in the Black community.
Mitchell says the Martin family and their attorneys will speak, as well as local and national civic leaders and mentors.

“We have a press conference followed by a town meeting at Zion Baptist Church where not only will Mr. Crump- the Trayvon Martin family attorney will be speaking, but also Mr. Dick Gregory, long-time civil rights activist, we have Michael Coard,” she says.

She says the town meeting and much of the conference is free and open to the public, but there will be a luncheon and brunch fundraiser for the Trayvon Martin Family Defense Fund.

The Conference runs October 5th through 7th.

For more info on times, locations and costs CLICK HERE.
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #335 on: September 23, 2012, 11:47:13 PM »

What really ticks me off about TM's parents is:

1. profiting off of their dead son

2. saying that GZ purposely went after their son.

First, they want an apology from GZ and they got one but according to them it was not sencere (sp)? second, TM's mother wanted GZ to answer some Q's she had, well he did and she still is not satisfied.

nobody thinks that TM should be dead.

I'm sorry but TM's records, just like GZ's should be brought to light.

everybody knows the Prosecution is probably going to bring up his old myspace page from 2005 and other things from years past about GZ.

IF the prosecution has some sort of evidence that GZ Did intend to kill TM then by all means GZ needs to go to prison, but if not he needs to be cleared and let go.

JMO.

and of course his parents are going to object about his Twitter, Facebook, Myspace (if he had one) etc. because it's not going to portray their son as this innocent angel that they have been portraying in the media and they know it.

When I first heard this story I saw the photo of TM in the red shirt and I thought he was either 12 years old or a really young looking 17 year old.

Then I started reading more and more about this case and sided with the defender as more evidence came out and how the media portrayed TM and George.

very very rarely would I ever side with a defendant, but in this case I do but only because the evidence so far backs up his story.

Anyways, I though this story was interesting: It's another stand your ground case, I thought ya'll would like to read it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/26/bo-morrison-killing-like-trayvon-martin_n_1381325.html

JMO

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: September 24, 2012, 10:04:07 AM »

thanks Iluvmua

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: September 24, 2012, 09:32:08 PM »

Video at link

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/19628152/missed-opportunities-in-robert-zimmermans-apology

Missed Opportunities In Robert Zimmerman's Apology
Posted: Sep 24, 2012 6:49 PM CDTUpdated: Sep 24, 2012 7:00 PM CDT
Written by: Robin Sax, FOX 11 Legal Analyst

He had a message and he chose to come to FOX 11's Good Day LA to give it.   The message was an apology written months ago, tweaked over the course of time, but delivered succinctly today.  "Less is more," laser focus, and cause no damage were apparent tenants to the PR strategy.  His written apology and even his interview seemed to echo the philosophy that less said, less damage. But in his efforts to do no harm did he miss opportunities to influence the court of public opinion?

WATCH: Robert Zimmerman reads the apology on Good Day LA.

The George Zimmerman case (or Trayvon Martin case depending on your vantage point) has become the quintessential race case of the century.  The divisiveness of race is not just amongst the public but the players as well.   Prosecutor Angela Corey articulated from the beginning that this was a killing that was motivated by race.  On the flip side, others believe that it's the media that made this case of race—a theory seemingly supported by the news organization that edited the tapes of the 911 call.
Read more...
----------------------------
Video link:  http://www.myfoxla.com/video?clipId=7761331&topVideoCatNo=240600&autoStart=true
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: September 24, 2012, 09:37:53 PM »

http://wavenewspapers.com/article_307c894c-067f-11e2-8ba5-0019bb30f31a.html

Robert Zimmerman: My family is not racist
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 10:36 am | Updated: 12:59 pm, Mon Sep 24, 2012.

Robert Zimmerman, whose brother, George, is awaiting trial on a charge of second-degree murder in the shooting death of African American teenager Trayvon Martin in Florida, told a Southland television station Monday that his family is not racist.

"I'm trying to re-introduce our family in the right light," Zimmerman said in an interview on Fox 11.

George Zimmerman, 28, is free on bail and awaiting trial in the Feb. 26 shooting death. He has acknowledged shooting Martin but maintains he acted in self defense.

Robert Zimmerman began by reading a statement:

"I must begin by stating that the only persons qualified or authorized to speak on matters regarding the legal proceedings involving my brother, George Zimmerman, are his attorneys," Zimmerman said. "They are the only ones who will speak on his behalf. My words are based on my recollection and are my attempt to illustrate the original sentiments of my parents, my sister and myself at the time of the incident."

Zimmerman said his family was not able to directly contact Martin's family privately after the shooting.

"If there had been an opportunity immediately following Trayvon's passing for his family to hear from the members of the Zimmerman family they had not yet heard from, we would have expressed our condolences on the loss of their son and brother," he said.

"The truth is that we would never take comfort in the knowledge that any human being has passed away, no matter what the circumstances surrounding their death may be."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: September 25, 2012, 03:49:24 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_politics/2012/09/zimmerman-attorney-to-speak-at-gun-rights-conference.html

Zimmerman attorney to speak at Gun Rights Conference
September, 25 2012 1:37 PM

Mark O’Meara, the attorney representing George Zimmerman against charges she murdered Trayvon Martin after a confrontation in a Sanford gated community earlier this year, is one of the panelists at the 27th annual Gun Rights Policy Conference this weekend at the Hyatt Regency Airport Hotel in Orlando.

The conference, sponsored by the Second Amendment Foundation  and Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is billed as “an opportunity for firearms owners to meet and discuss important issues pending at the local and national levels.” It’s free and open to the public. You can register at www.saf.org.

The groups’ press release is below the jump:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.