March 28, 2024, 09:53:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #3 7/12/12 - 6/14/13  (Read 432020 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #800 on: May 30, 2013, 08:59:08 PM »

Video at the link

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/al-sharpton-grills-george-zimmermans-attorney-in-long-contentious-interview/

Al Sharpton Grills George Zimmerman’s Attorney In Long, Contentious Interview
8:06 pm, May 30th, 2013

MSNBC host Al Sharpton today had an in-depth discussion with Mark O’Mara, the attorney representing George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin case. Considering Sharpton’s personal involvement in the case (which led to questions about his conflict of interest in covering it), the interview was relatively civil, and Sharpton found points of agreement with O’Mara. However, Sharpton did grill O’Mara on a few points that Zimmerman’s team has used to argue self-defense.

Sharpton asked O’Mara how Zimmerman can plead self-defense if, as heard in the 911 tape, he was actively pursuing Martin, contrary to the advice of the operator. O’Mara argued that there’s no conclusive evidence to suggest continued pursuit, nor is there evidence Zimmerman initiated any physical confrontation.

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #801 on: May 30, 2013, 10:42:09 PM »

Video at the link

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/al-sharpton-grills-george-zimmermans-attorney-in-long-contentious-interview/

MSNBC host Al Sharpton today had an in-depth discussion with Mark O’Mara, the attorney representing George Zimmerman in the Trayvon Martin case. Considering Sharpton’s personal involvement in the case (which led to questions about his conflict of interest in covering it), the interview was relatively civil, and Sharpton found points of agreement with O’Mara. However, Sharpton did grill O’Mara on a few points that Zimmerman’s team has used to argue self-defense.

Sharpton asked O’Mara how Zimmerman can plead self-defense if, as heard in the 911 tape, he was actively pursuing Martin, contrary to the advice of the operator. O’Mara argued that there’s no conclusive evidence to suggest continued pursuit, nor is there evidence Zimmerman initiated any physical confrontation.

SO true, Why was Trayvon found 70 ft NORTH of his destination if GZ pursued him?

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #802 on: May 30, 2013, 10:43:00 PM »

Video at the link

SO true, Why was Trayvon found 70 ft NORTH of his destination if GZ pursued him?

*70 yards north of his destination
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: May 31, 2013, 12:53:42 PM »

At the link:  Audio of interview with Rene Stutzman who reports on this case for the Orlando Sentinel.

http://wbaa.org/post/zimmerman-and-martin-attorneys-concerned-after-pre-trial-hearings

Zimmerman And Martin Attorneys 'Concerned' After Pre-Trial Hearings
Originally published on Wed May 29, 2013 11:45 am

Transcript
MICHEL MARTIN, HOST:

Now we want to turn to a case that's captured the attention of many people in this country. It's the trial of George Zimmerman. He's the self-appointed neighborhood volunteer who fatally shot the unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin back in February of 2012. Zimmerman's trial on charges of second degree murder is set to begin June 10, but there was some preliminary business yesterday, including a request by the defense to delay the trial once again.

MARTIN: Now, the defense has already made this information available to the public, correct?

STUTZMAN: Yes.

MARTIN: So is there some concern now that the jury pool is tainted by this? That this information's already out there, so that even if the judge ruled that it can't be brought in, it's already out there.

STUTZMAN: Indeed, there is concern. And I'm sure state attorneys have a lot of concern about that. A couple of points: Number one, last spring, before Zimmerman was arrested, there was an enormous amount of information made public. And when he was arrested, more information made public about what happened that night.

When a special persecutor was appointed and she handed over evidence to the defense, even more information made public. Some of that - especially when the state makes its evidence available to the defense, that's a natural process, and much of that evidence is public, which means anybody that asks for it should be able to get it and look at it. So that, I don't think, is corrupting.

The defense, last week, did what's called reciprocal discovery. They gave to the state the evidence that they say they may put on. Now, that's required by criminal procedure here, but O'Mara's office made public those things. He didn't just hand it over to the state. He's got a website, and he made it available to anybody who wants to look at it. Would it taint the jury pool? There certainly is that potential.

When judges question potential jurors, one of the things they say is: Will you be able to decide this case and reach a verdict based solely on the information that comes to you from inside this courtroom? Yes, maybe you've seen something in the news. Will you be able to set that aside? Potential jurors say yes, and some say no, and that's a culling process. So we'll see in the jury selection process what happens.

MARTIN: The whole question one often hears, you know, concerns about trying a case in the media, but it seems like both sides have been very actively courting public opinion, if I can put it that way. I'm curious about whether either side feels they have the advantage here now in the court of public opinion? Is either side more concerned about this than the other, from what you can see?

STUTZMAN: You know, I can't balance and say one side is more concerned than the other. I can tell you there are obvious signs that each is concerned. Yesterday, the state asked for a gag order, the third time. They want Mark O'Mara to stop talking to people about the case and about the evidence.

MARTIN: Mark O'Mara being George Zimmerman's attorney.

STUTZMAN: That's right. They want the defense to stop talking publically about the case. So three attempts at a gag order, that tells me they're very annoyed and they want that to stop. And George Zimmerman has an older brother, Robert Zimmerman, Jr., who's become a spokesman for the family. After yesterday's hearing, he told reporters he thinks the charge - the second degree murder charge - is unfair and that the state, right now, should drop the case, that early on, the media reported a false narrative.

So both sides are complaining about the impression offered by the other.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #804 on: May 31, 2013, 01:01:47 PM »

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765630868/Lawyer-Zimmerman-prosecutor-withheld-evidence.html

Lawyer: Zimmerman prosecutor withheld evidence
Published: Wednesday, May 29 2013 10:50 a.m. MDT

Former assistant state attorney Wesley White said Wednesday that Fourth Judicial Circuit information technology director Ben Kruidbos was placed on administrative leave shortly after White testified during a hearing in George Zimmerman's murder case on Tuesday.

White testified that Kruidbos retrieved three photographs and deleted text messages from Martin's cellphone that were not disclosed to Zimmerman's attorneys by the prosecutor.

White says Kruidbos was interviewed by state attorney investigators before being placed on leave.

A hearing on the issue is scheduled for next week.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #805 on: May 31, 2013, 01:17:11 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-trayvon-martin-peace-miami-20130531,0,2094797.story

Trayvon Martin family to speak at Miami peace gathering
11:11 a.m. EDT, May 31, 2013

With George Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial just days away, the family of slain teenager, Trayvon Martin, will speak at a peace and prayer meeting in Miami Saturday afternoon.

A prayer service will be held for Trayvon and the upcoming trial.
------------------

I don't think that the family will comment on the evidence presented at the pre-trial court hearing--

MARTIN: What about the family of Trayvon Martin? I mean, technically, they are not a party to this matter. I mean, this is a matter between the state and George Zimmerman, but they've been very vocal about this from the beginning. Were they heard on this?

STUTZMAN: Trayvon's mother was in the courtroom, and three family attorneys were in the courtroom. And afterward, they didn't speak specifically to evidence, and they said we're not going to let Sabrina Fulton, Trayvon's mom, answer questions. And we're not going to let her answer questions, because she's been listed as a witness in the trial. She may testify.

http://wbaa.org/post/zimmerman-and-martin-attorneys-concerned-after-pre-trial-hearings
Zimmerman And Martin Attorneys 'Concerned' After Pre-Trial Hearings
Originally published on Wed May 29, 2013 11:45 am

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #806 on: May 31, 2013, 01:34:08 PM »

At the link:  An aerial view of The Retreat at Twin Lakes, the town home complex

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/5/31/george_zimmerman_tri.html

George Zimmerman Trial: Shooting hurting real estate, business
By Amanda Evans, Reporter
Last Updated: Friday, May 31, 2013, 5:59 AM

SANFORD --
Homes in the Sanford neighborhood where Trayvon Martin was killed have been plagued with foreclosures and short sales. 

Some business owners say they are still feeling the pain from the bad press the city got as the case unfolded.

The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford has become better known as the scene of the Trayvon Martin shooting.

“When people think of Orlando, they think of Disney World, but when people think of Sanford now, they think of Trayvon Martin and the killing that happened there," said attorney Justin Clark.

Clark has helped clients in this neighborhood handle their short sales. He says the homes are nearly impossible to sell.

“The only people buying in there it seems to us, are people who don’t know what happened,” Clark said

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #807 on: June 01, 2013, 07:59:35 AM »

My husband and his company are moving one of the branches from Orlando to Sanford. He is concerned that if Zimmerman is found not guilty that riots will break out and businesses will be damaged...

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #808 on: June 01, 2013, 09:30:19 AM »

Whatever happens, whatever the jury decides, there will be a whole group of people who will be feel that justice was or wasn't done. No one will like the results on either side....jury nightmares part III....

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #809 on: June 01, 2013, 10:13:04 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-trayvon-martin-peace-miami-20130601,0,1898187.story

Trayvon Martin's parents expect 'rough road' at murder trial
9:21 p.m. EDT, June 1, 2013

The high-profile trial for their son's killer in Seminole County is a week away.

And Trayvon Martin's parents expect a "rough road" during George Zimmerman's second-degree-murder trial in Sanford.

Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin joined their attorney, Benjamin Crump, Saturday as roughly 300 people gathered for the Community Program of Peace, Justice and Prayer on Saturday afternoon at Bethel Apostolic Temple in Miami.

"We're going to have to sit through all the negativity," Tracy Martin said during an emotional prayer service.

He was referring to defense attorney Mark O'Mara's attempts to cast his son as an aggressor whose actions more than a year ago prompted Zimmerman to fire in self-defense.

Fulton's voice shook as she talked about how her son's death catapulted her family into the international spotlight.

"I would have rather gone back to my job with my same two kids, to my same house," Fulton said.

But in the months since her son's death, she said she has accepted her role as the mother of the teenager whose untimely death sparked cries for justice all over the world.

"I no longer have any regrets and say, 'Why me?' because God decided it was me," she said.

Crump told the prayer service that jury selection alone could take two to three weeks, a prediction that drew reactions of surprise from participants.

Crump accused the defense of resorting to "a desperate attempt to try to play on people's prejudices" by releasing texts and photographs taken from Trayvon's cellphone that O'Mara said show him as a fan of weapons, fighting and marijuana.

"It's bad enough they had to lose their child. It's tragic they had to assassinate his character," Crump said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #810 on: June 01, 2013, 10:23:45 PM »

Two-page article

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-trial-logistics-20130602,0,1080541.story

George Zimmerman trial will bring media village, public-assembly area
June 2, 2013

SANFORD — With the George Zimmerman murder trial just one week away, a village of satellite TV trucks is about to pop up outside the Seminole County criminal courthouse.

For months, courthouse personnel and others have been getting ready for what's expected to be one of the most-watched trials of the year and the biggest in Seminole County history.

They've hashed out who gets a seat in the courtroom, despite its limited space, and who does not.

They've put together detailed — and secret — plans on how to ensure the safety of Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin's family, witnesses, the judge and jurors.

They've implemented a set of rules to manage protesters and spectators — they'll be confined to a specific part of the lawn — and enlisted a group of local black pastors to watch the proceedings and try to keep everyone calm.

They've also agonized over anticipated traffic jams on U.S. Highway 17-92, the road that fronts the courthouse, as well as what to do with all the cars sure to fill the courthouse parking lot.

And they've strategized over how to make sure there's enough electricity, Wi-Fi and radio-frequency capacity for the multitudes about to descend on the $45 million building.

The courtroom

The courtroom seats have been carefully parceled out. Thirty-one will go to journalists. Six are being set aside for Trayvon's family and six for Zimmerman's.

Twenty-four will go to members of the public through a daily lottery. Four have been set aside for black local ministers, part of a much larger group of Sanford-area religious leaders who've been working with the U.S. Department of Justice since Trayvon's shooting to minimize racial tensions.

The Rev. Valerie J. Houston, pastor at Sanford's Allen Chapel AME Church, said they'll watch the proceedings, communicate with their congregations and go outside and talk to protesters if there's a need for crowd control.

Public-assembly area

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #811 on: June 01, 2013, 10:28:08 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-box-seating-chart-george-zimmerman-trial-logist-20130602,0,4678476.story

If you want to attend George Zimmerman trial
June 2, 2013

If you want to attend trial

The judge has set aside 24 courtroom seats for members of the public. Getting one won't be easy. You'll need to win a lottery.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #812 on: June 01, 2013, 10:50:38 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-gfx-george-zimmerman-trial-logistics-seating-20130601,0,5793901.graphic

Seating diagram for George Zimmerman trial
June 1, 2013
----------------
The seating diagram in the link above is almost identical to the one posted at SM (some news media might be in different seats)

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=14277.0
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #813 on: June 02, 2013, 09:44:19 AM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/06/01/3428551/supporters-pray-for-justice-for.html

Posted on Saturday, 06.01.13

Supporters pray for justice for the parents of Trayvon Martin

By Audra D.S. Burch
aburch@MiamiHerald.com

Hundreds of supporters — mothers, fathers, sons and daughters — gathered at a Miami-Dade church Saturday to prayerfully send off the parents of slain teenager Trayvon Martin as they travel about 250 miles to Central Florida for the trial of the man accused of killing their son on a rainy night last February.

Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton, along with members of the Trayvon Martin Foundation, clergy and the public attended the community program Saturday afternoon at Bethel Apostolic Temple — a blend of prayer, gospel songs, empowering speeches and the pained words of the parents.

“I say to you, I stand here as a mother, that my heart is hurting, but I know…that God will work this out,’’ said Fulton, tears welling in her eyes. “I know that the prayers are coming, I know that you are with us.”

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #814 on: June 02, 2013, 09:54:58 AM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/05/28/3421291/fabiola-santiago-despite-defense.html

Posted on Tuesday, 05.28.13

In My Opinion
Fabiola Santiago: Despite defense claims, Trayvon’s past is irrelevant

By Fabiola Santiago
fsantiago@MiamiHerald.com

Who was Trayvon Martin?

When Sanford neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman confronted the 17-year-old from Miami Gardens he had no way of knowing if the person in front of him was an honor roll student or a truant.

No way of knowing if he smoked cigarettes or marijuana, if he spelled his tweets correctly or used street slang.

All Zimmerman knew about Trayvon that fateful evening of Feb. 26, 2012, was what he saw: a tall, black young man walking through a townhouse complex in the drizzling rain.

He wore jeans, a gray hoodie up, and red and white Air Jordans.

Through his own words to a police dispatcher, we know that Zimmerman started to follow him because he thought Trayvon looked “suspicious,” like he didn’t belong.

There had been some robberies in the gated community, Zimmerman told police, and the suspects were black.

One can only forever wonder, had the robbery suspects been white, would Zimmerman have found any white youth similarly walking on a rainy evening suspicious? Had the robbery suspects been Hispanic like he is (his mother is Peruvian), would he have found any Hispanic young man similarly walking on a rainy evening suspicious?

But that’s another issue.

The pressing new questions of the high-profile murder case — after Zimmerman’s defense attorneys released to the media reams of text messages and social media posts they claim show Zimmerman confronted an angry young man — focus on Trayvon’s character.

Who was Trayvon Martin?

The answer to that question is irrelevant to whether Zimmerman, who is facing a second-degree murder charge, had a right to use deadly force when he shot the unarmed youth.

The judge presiding over Zimmerman’s trial, scheduled to start June 10, sensibly ruled Tuesday that Zimmerman’s defense team can’t use — at least initially — Trayvon’s school suspension, marijuana use and fights, nor past text messages and social media posts in which he portrayed himself as a tough guy.

Why?

Because when Zimmerman decided — against the advice of a police dispatcher that he wait for officers to arrive —to get out of his car and confronted Trayvon, he didn’t know anything about him.

The two didn’t know each other. Simple as that.

No matter his history, Trayvon wasn’t doing anything wrong.

After Trayvon was suspended from school, his mother did what any loving and worried mother would do — she tried to get her son help. She sent him away from the all-too-familiar streets where he was headed for major trouble to be with his father in Sanford.

She thought she was saving him, straightening him out, and instead, she sent him to his death — only because of Zimmerman’s decisions and actions.

That is one heck of a burden for any mother to bear, and our sympathy should be with her.

By releasing his bad-boy wanna-be past before the judge’s ruling, the defense attorney was simply trying to make the victim look bad to create sympathy for Zimmerman.

The strategy is similar to rape case defenses in which lawyers attack the victim’s reputation. But even prostitutes do not deserve to be raped, and unarmed teenagers, no matter their attitude, don’t deserve to be shot dead in a public space where they do belong.

Zimmerman had options.

But Zimmerman was cop, prosecutor, judge and jury that night and he made deadly decisions — the last one a bullet to the chest.

Who was Trayvon Martin? Who might he have grown up to become?

When Zimmerman pulled the trigger, he killed any hope of ever knowing the answers.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: June 02, 2013, 06:09:03 PM »

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/02/18702011-george-zimmermans-attorneys-apologize-for-mischaracterizing-evidence?lite

June 2, 2013

George Zimmerman's attorneys apologize for mischaracterizing evidence
By Daniel Arkin, Staff Writer, NBC News

Attorneys for George Zimmerman apologized Sunday for mischaracterizing evidence they said boosted their theory that Trayvon Martin was the aggressor in his fatal meeting with their client last year.

Lawyer Mark O’Mara said during a hearing last Tuesday that the defense had obtained video footage of three fights, including one in which he said two of Martin’s friends "were beating up a homeless guy."

But Zimmerman's defense team corrected that statement on  Sunday, saying O'Mara had unintentionally "misstated the nature" of the footage.

In a statement posted on Zimmerman’s website, the defense lawyers said the footage actually showed "two homeless guys fighting each other over a bike."

A Florida judged ruled Tuesday that Zimmerman’s lawyers cannot mention Martin’s suspension from school, prior marijuana use, text message exchanges or past fighting in opening statements when the trial begins on June 10.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #816 on: June 02, 2013, 06:59:46 PM »

http://gzlegalcase.com/

Correction and Apology Regarding Misstated Nature of Trayvon Martin Video
on 02 June 2013

During the Tuesday, May 28th hearing, Mr. O'Mara misstated the nature of video from Trayvon Martin's cell phone which was included in the Defendant's 3rd Supplemental Discovery. He stated that the video showed "two buddies of his beating up a homeless guy," when what happened was Trayvon Martin, along with a buddy, was videotaping two homeless guys fighting each other over a bike. Though it was unintentional, it is a particular concern to us because we are and have been committed to disputing misinformation in every aspect of this case, not causing it. For that, Mr. O’Mara apologizes.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #817 on: June 03, 2013, 12:12:10 PM »

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/319719/250/Experts-Zimmerman-self-defense-claim-tough-to-refute

George Zimmerman Trial: Experts say self-defense claim could be tough to refute in Trayvon Martin killing
10:43 AM, Jun 3, 2013

(CBS) -- Among the strongest evidence in George Zimmerman's defense may be George Zimmerman himself, several experts say - in part, because it may prove difficult for prosecutors to refute his claim that he killed Trayvon Martin in self-defense.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #818 on: June 03, 2013, 12:50:54 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/6/3/who_s_who_in_the_geo.html

Who's who in the George Zimmerman trial
Last Updated: Monday, June 03, 2013, 8:12 AM

Zimmerman has been in hiding since posting bail, but will be in court for the trial. The lead defense attorney is Mark O’Mara.

O’Mara is no stranger to high-profile cases. He was a TV commentator during the Casey Anthony trial.

He’s been practicing criminal and family law in Central Florida for almost 30 years.

“He’s really a smart lawyer. He knows the law, he’s well respected,” said analyst Mark NeJame.

Also on the defendant’s side is Don West, who has handled criminal cases for Lou Perlman, the man known for creating popular boy bands like the Backstreet Boys and 'NSYNC, but was accused of running a Ponzi scheme.

Prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda will represent the state of Florida. De la Rionda, the assistant state attorney out of the 4th Judicial Circuit, has been a prosecutor for 30 years.

“He’s a lot more fiery than the average prosecutor. Most fiery rhetoric comes from defense lawyers,” said NeJame.

Judge Debra Nelson, who has served on the bench since 1999, is the third judge to preside over the case.

The Zimmerman case will be the most high-profile case she’s handled.

She’s known for being a no-non-sense judge.

NeJame said it will be hard to keep control over a courtroom on a case of this status, but believes Nelson will be able to do that.

“I think what you see is what you get. Some people are saying she’s tough. I’d rather just say she’s well prepared,” said NeJame.

As far as witnesses go, one whose identity has been kept confidential could provide key testimony.

Witness No. 8 was Martin’s girlfriend and was said to be on the phone with him in the moments leading up to the shooting.

Not trying the case, but representing Martin’s family, are attorneys Benjamin Crump and Natalie Jackson.

Both will speak on behalf of them during the trial.

Another key player is Robert Zimmerman Jr., the older brother of George Zimmerman, who has been a spokesman for the family.

For more photos and details of people related to the case, click on the key players page.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #819 on: June 03, 2013, 01:02:26 PM »

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/319719/250/Experts-Zimmerman-self-defense-claim-tough-to-refute

George Zimmerman Trial: Experts say self-defense claim could be tough to refute in Trayvon Martin killing
10:43 AM, Jun 3, 2013

(CBS) -- Among the strongest evidence in George Zimmerman's defense may be George Zimmerman himself, several experts say - in part, because it may prove difficult for prosecutors to refute his claim that he killed Trayvon Martin in self-defense.

Objectively speaking this trial will be fascinating to observe.  I'm interested in how the prosecution breaks down the timeline and how they choose to focus on each parties actions prior to the shooting and the seconds leading up to it.  The verdict will be decided on this: at what point did Zimmerman became an aggressor (based on prosecutorial evidence) and at what point did Trayvon react to it or himself become an aggressor (based on defense evidence). 

Secondarily the jury will note the honesty of the defendant and past behavior of both the shooter and the victim. 

It's a lot to review and consider and even aside from public opinion and pressure, I do not envy this jury.  It will require great strength and fortitude to get through the trial and deliberation.  After having watched the Arias trial I believe the Zimmerman trial may be even more difficult for a juror.

Referring to the article:

Baez, however, says the fact that Zimmerman himself called 911 may actually lend weight to his self-defense claim.

"You don't call the police if you're trying to murder someone," Baez said.

This is an asinine statement to make because had Zimmerman been 'trying to murder someone' he would be charged with first degree murder.  No one is saying he was trying to murder someone at the time he called 9-11. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.