March 28, 2024, 02:48:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #3 7/12/12 - 6/14/13  (Read 431972 times)
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #920 on: June 09, 2013, 01:37:22 PM »

If a young white kid hit me and starting beating my head on the sidewalk I would shoot to kill.
Order a pizza and then call 911.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #921 on: June 09, 2013, 02:07:26 PM »

Did Mr. Z, ever hear of Pepper Spray?

You would think king of the watchmen  would have a can of pepper spray on him. IMO

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #922 on: June 09, 2013, 04:29:29 PM »

You would think king of the watchmen  would have a can of pepper spray on him. IMO
Some men who are smaller in stature tend to overcompensate...
I wonder if the cousin who accused him of years of molestation will get to testify..

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #923 on: June 09, 2013, 04:53:11 PM »

Some men who are smaller in stature tend to overcompensate...
I wonder if the cousin who accused him of years of molestation will get to testify..

It's not about anyones past behavior.It's not about race.  It's about what happened that night,and how TM ended up dead.

Challapalca him!
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #924 on: June 09, 2013, 05:41:47 PM »

Hi Jamcakes!   
I know what this trial is about, but I do recall hearing that if the defense presents people who say GZ is a great guy, this molestation witness may be permitted to testify.

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #925 on: June 09, 2013, 06:14:50 PM »

If a young white kid hit me and starting beating my head on the sidewalk I would shoot to kill.

You're assuming that Zimmerman's head was 'beat' on a sidewalk.  There is only the word of a liar that that is what happened.  Trayvon could have been holding George down in fear that he was going to shoot Trayvon and during that process the injuries to the back of George's head could have occured.

BTW, would you follow at young white kid walking in your neighborhood in your truck then on foot while armed with a loaded gun and assume he was doing something illegal?  We could be calling 911 and following kids all day long if that's the case. 
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #926 on: June 09, 2013, 06:16:03 PM »

Hi Seahorse.  Glad to see you back.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #927 on: June 09, 2013, 06:44:16 PM »

You're assuming that Zimmerman's head was 'beat' on a sidewalk.  There is only the word of a liar that that is what happened.  Trayvon could have been holding George down in fear that he was going to shoot Trayvon and during that process the injuries to the back of George's head could have occured.

BTW, would you follow at young white kid walking in your neighborhood in your truck then on foot while armed with a loaded gun and assume he was doing something illegal?  We could be calling 911 and following kids all day long if that's the case. 
Your mind is made up so this is pointless. You will continue to confuse racist with realist.
Also anyone within a half mile of my house is trespassing and better have a damn good reason for being there. I answer my door with a shotgun in my hand. Scared the hell out of Watchtower people

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #928 on: June 09, 2013, 07:24:58 PM »

Your mind is made up so this is pointless. You will continue to confuse racist with realist.
Also anyone within a half mile of my house is trespassing and better have a damn good reason for being there. I answer my door with a shotgun in my hand. Scared the hell out of Watchtower people

It was a simple question but I'm okay with it if you don't want to answer.

I am a realist in the deepest sense.  It's not rocket science to see what ails our world... hate and fear run deep.

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #929 on: June 09, 2013, 07:29:36 PM »

Can you not read?
"Also anyone within a half mile of my house is trespassing and better have a damn good reason for being there"
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #930 on: June 09, 2013, 07:35:31 PM »

The Trial Jury...a complete post can be found at "The Jury" area of this case at SM: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=14277.0

The Zimmerman trial is not a capital case.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0900-0999/0913/0913.html

The 2012 Florida Statutes
Title XLVII
CRIMINAL PROCEDURE AND CORRECTIONS

Chapter 913
TRIAL JURY

913.10 Number of jurors.—Twelve persons shall constitute a jury to try all capital cases, and six persons shall constitute a jury to try all other criminal cases.
History.—s. 191, ch. 19554, 1939; CGL 1940 Supp. 8663(198); s. 87, ch. 70-339.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #931 on: June 09, 2013, 09:19:56 PM »

Can you not read?
"Also anyone within a half mile of my house is trespassing and better have a damn good reason for being there"

I said 'neighborhood' not your property. 

I offered the elderly Witness lady a glass of water, wished her well, and asked her not to come back again.  Never even thought about taking out my shotgun.

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #932 on: June 09, 2013, 09:32:45 PM »

Middle of nowhere Alabama. I am my neighborhood.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #933 on: June 09, 2013, 09:52:12 PM »

Can you not read?

I offered the elderly Witness lady a glass of water, wished her well, and asked her not to come back again.  Never even thought about taking out my shotgun.

Quite frankly, years ago I had a certain group of religious folks come to my door and although I wasn't interested and told them so in a nice way, they continued to come back.  Even though I actually posted a sign on my door, they would stand there and ring my door bell over and over and over.  Some folks mistake kindness for stupidity or weakness, and I am neither.  I have learned to be firm.  My door has a sign that says "no trespassing" and "no soliciting" and I mean it.  And because it's posted, in the State of Texas if they don't leave when asked, they can be taken into custody and face charges.  If I want information on religion, if I want magazines etc., I know where to go find it.  Folks that step onto my private property uninvited need to think about what they're doing and why.  A long time ago, there was a man and woman that came to my door with a little spray bottle and they asked me "what's your worst cleaning problem?".  I told them to hit the road,and promptly shut the door.  My husband remarked that wasn't so kind of me, but I told him it sounded strange.  Sure enough, some of my neighbors took the bait, had invited those people in and were later robbed, because these people were casing homes.  I am no obligation to be kind to anyone that shows up to my door, nor to anyone that walks up to me on the street.  My life and those of my family mean a lot to me.  And many in my family are in service, such as police, firefighters, emts.  And they will ALL tell you, don't be a victim. If I see someone that needs help, I will call 911, if necessary I will give CPR or first aid.  But I do NOT have to let them into my home, they don't need to be on my property, they don't need to use my cell phone or my bathroom.  And I've been advised NOT to carry pepper spray, as it's a false security.  Many times it's stuck back in a purse or pocket, it can back spray into your own face and isn't effective on folks that are on drugs.  At then end of the day someone may be on the other end of a fire arm and if I felt like my life or that of my family were in danger, they would suffer the consequences. And yes, I do ask people that I see driving up in cars and sitting near the end of my street or cul de sac.  I ask them if they're lost.  They may be lost and I give them directions.  Othewise, if they're up to no good, they know they've been seen.  My neighborhood has had six (6) daytime break ins in the last two months.  It's been houses where people go to work or drop off the kids. So yes, if I see something that isn't right, I might note their license or photo their car.  Or as I've said, if I see they seem to be hanging around, I ask them if they need something. All just my humble opinion. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #934 on: June 09, 2013, 10:53:05 PM »

Can you not read?

Quite frankly, years ago I had a certain group of religious folks come to my door and although I wasn't interested and told them so in a nice way, they continued to come back.  Even though I actually posted a sign on my door, they would stand there and ring my door bell over and over and over.  Some folks mistake kindness for stupidity or weakness, and I am neither.  I have learned to be firm.  My door has a sign that says "no trespassing" and "no soliciting" and I mean it.  And because it's posted, in the State of Texas if they don't leave when asked, they can be taken into custody and face charges.  If I want information on religion, if I want magazines etc., I know where to go find it.  Folks that step onto my private property uninvited need to think about what they're doing and why.  A long time ago, there was a man and woman that came to my door with a little spray bottle and they asked me "what's your worst cleaning problem?".  I told them to hit the road,and promptly shut the door.  My husband remarked that wasn't so kind of me, but I told him it sounded strange.  Sure enough, some of my neighbors took the bait, had invited those people in and were later robbed, because these people were casing homes.  I am no obligation to be kind to anyone that shows up to my door, nor to anyone that walks up to me on the street.  My life and those of my family mean a lot to me.  And many in my family are in service, such as police, firefighters, emts.  And they will ALL tell you, don't be a victim. If I see someone that needs help, I will call 911, if necessary I will give CPR or first aid.  But I do NOT have to let them into my home, they don't need to be on my property, they don't need to use my cell phone or my bathroom.  And I've been advised NOT to carry pepper spray, as it's a false security.  Many times it's stuck back in a purse or pocket, it can back spray into your own face and isn't effective on folks that are on drugs.  At then end of the day someone may be on the other end of a fire arm and if I felt like my life or that of my family were in danger, they would suffer the consequences. And yes, I do ask people that I see driving up in cars and sitting near the end of my street or cul de sac.  I ask them if they're lost.  They may be lost and I give them directions.  Othewise, if they're up to no good, they know they've been seen.  My neighborhood has had six (6) daytime break ins in the last two months.  It's been houses where people go to work or drop off the kids. So yes, if I see something that isn't right, I might note their license or photo their car.  Or as I've said, if I see they seem to be hanging around, I ask them if they need something. All just my humble opinion. 

She was really old    and thirsty.  And she hasn't been back.  I'm sure my 'tone' and choice of words has a lot to do with that.

Yes, we need to keep our neighborhoods and especially our homes and families safe.  I'm really sorry you have that kind of crime in your neighborhood, Muffy.  That's a shame and it's enough to make anyone angry and on edge.  In a city to the south of us there were daytime breakins going on.  The perp broke into a house whose homeowner was home sleeping (works graveyard).  He awoke and shot and killed the kid coming through his kitchen window.  The homeowner wasn't even arrested and I applaud his actions.  There was a clear and imminent threat to his home and person.  I would have done the same thing.   

I too would never let a door to door salesperson in my home.  I don't let the pizza delivery person in my home.  I'm pretty particular about who steps foot across my threshold.  These are common sense IMO.

Still, I wouldn't go after a teen walking my neighborhood, assuming because he's black and wearing a hoodie he must be a criminal, as I'm armed with a weapon in the dark of the night going all Mr. Bravado Neighborhood Watchman on him.  It's pure stupidity.  Of course the kid is going to feel threatened and nothing good can come of that.  It makes more sense to pull right up next to him and roll your window down and ask him why he's in the neighborhood in a polite and unthreatening manner.  If he continues to walk away or run you call 911 and let it go.  He's not on your property or doing anything illegal so why make assinine assumptions and put everyone at risk?

What if someone did that to you?  You're just walking home and some man follows you in his truck then on foot?  I'm assuming that you'd be afraid.  Different people react to fear differently.  Zimmerman was the threat that night, IMO, not Trayvon. 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #935 on: June 09, 2013, 11:01:06 PM »

Klaas or Mag Mods, some questions and thoughts...

Because the trial begins tomorrow with the jury selection, will the postings end at page 50 or sooner?

Will the setup be similar, but not as elaborate, to the Casey trial--that is, Jury Selection, Trial Days, and Jury Deliberations?

I'm not sure how much interest there is by posters to contribute tweets, articles, etc. during the duration of a trial that might last 4-6 weeks to justify a new setup for this trial.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me how you decide to handle this.  I trust your decision/judgment in this matter.  TIA

PS  I know what I typed and understand it; however, did you understand it? 
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #936 on: June 10, 2013, 06:46:34 AM »

I wish one of the potential jury questions would be " Will you make any attempt to profit from being selected? Would you pledge to self ban yourself from interviews for ( ? ) months?"
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #937 on: June 10, 2013, 07:53:53 AM »

Hi Seahorse.  Glad to see you back.

Hello Monkey's,

Amys Sister 

I enjoy reading the posts and try so hard to an open mind. 

Just cannot imagine, why, Mr. Z, did not have a can of Pepper spray or Bear spray Smile

I understand, why, he would want a fire arm in his house, but, to walk around with a deadly weapon, puzzles me. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #938 on: June 10, 2013, 08:09:01 AM »

Pepper Spray
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p4FK6Eq-ZA
http://www.odmp.org/officer/18880-corporal-n-bruce-mckay-iii
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: June 10, 2013, 08:55:35 AM »

Can George Zimmerman Get a Fair Trail … Jury Selection Begins Today in Sanford, Florida for the Murder Trail of Trayvon Martin

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/06/10/can-george-zimmerman-get-a-fair-trail-jury-selection-begins-today-in-sanford-florida-for-the-murder-trail-of-trayvon-martin/

The jury selection begins today in Sanford, FL in the murder trial where George Zimmerman is being accused of murder in the death of Trayvon Martin. On February 26, 2012 Trayvon Martin was fatally shot by George Zimmerman. The media will be out in force as well as spectators in this highly charged, racial trial. The jury selection process is thought to take between 4 and 8 weeks. It has been about a year since the incident took place and with so much racial divisiveness that has taken place during that time, it is going to be interesting to see just how fifficult it is going to be to select a fair and impartial jury. At question, was it self-defense or murder. At greater question, can a jury actually provide a fair trail?

This jury selection is going to be quite something. And the actions outside the court house.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.