March 28, 2024, 04:34:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Slaying of Trayvon Martin in Florida #3 7/12/12 - 6/14/13  (Read 432070 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #980 on: June 10, 2013, 04:53:00 PM »

Can George Z make it through the trial without his afternoon siesta?

Don't know about GZ, but I needed one. 
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #981 on: June 10, 2013, 04:54:18 PM »

Amy's sister...

although I disagree with most of your posts on this thread and have found myself banging my head at several of them (sorry! i do not mean that to be offensive, just a differing of opinion), I enjoy reading them and I appreciate that you are able to post your opinions so respectfully and respond in same to back up your opinions.  this is important and I respect the heck out of you for it.  it makes me think about my position on this case.  I lean towards Zimmerman acting in self defense however I have resigned myself to keeping an open mind about this and will be going by the facts presented in court.  I think this is the first case I have followed that I will really try to do this with.  I watched everyday of Tot Mom and Jodi Arias and clearly wanted them both to rot on death row, however this case I am willing to keep a more open mind.  I look forward to having more discussion about all of this once the trial starts and the evidence is presented.

Zimmerman may have acted in self defense at some point, grant you.
My reasoning is that he was told by cops to back off, but he still decided to pursue someone whom he thought was a danger.
And then perhaps he was being beaten by Trayvon and did yell for help. I think he is still going to do time because he used
a weapon and was told by Police to stand down not pursue.

Talking heads are saying the trial is going to come to who was yelling for help. But I disagree. I believe it is more about
the intent and unfortunately Zimmerman's intent was on that person and that person was Trayvon.

1. GZ was NEVER told by Police or ANYBODY else to back off. The 911 operator told he "We don't need you to do that". It is merely a suggestion.

2. Please show me concrete evidence that GZ intended to get Trayvon.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #982 on: June 10, 2013, 05:05:43 PM »

https://twitter.com/BillSheafferPA

Bill Sheaffer ‏@BillSheafferPA  1h 
Asked about 911 call. Juror B30 said it sounded like a woman.

Bill Sheaffer Bill Sheaffer ‏@BillSheafferPA  1h 
Of the 3 we have heard from so far B30 raises the biggest concern for both the defense and state. #Zimmermanon9  he even watched hearing
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #983 on: June 10, 2013, 05:06:35 PM »

I cannot for the life of me understand how a kid - yes, a kid - can be walking to his father's home, with every right to be there, and get confronted by a man who ends up shooting him in the heart; and people can say it's the kid's fault he got killed. I don't get it. I really, really don't get it. Maybe it's because I'm so stinkin' old. In fact, I'm so old I remember a time in America when anyone who shot an unarmed person was considered a morally bankrupt coward.

1. This "kid" was a 17 year old 6'2 young man who bragged on Twitter than he had to fight another young man again because he did not make him bleed enough.

2. It was his father's girlfriend's condo that he was walking back to.  Tracy Martin lived in the Miami Gardens area.

3.  Trayvon was the one who went back to confront George, not the other way around (from all the evidence presented so far in the discovery).

George was walking back to his truck when he was attacked.

Why was Trayvon 70 yards north of where he was staying?

He could have easily made it home before George even got off the phone with the NEN 911 person.

4. Partually, It is his fault for thinking he could go back and confront George. So big big mistake on his part.  I ultimately blame his parents for the way he was raised. It's very obvious from reading his Twitter and Facebook that his parents did not give a rat's behind about him.

His mother knew enough about him to want him out of her house. He had to ride the bus to Sanford.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #984 on: June 10, 2013, 05:08:26 PM »

https://twitter.com/KBelichWFTV

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV  9m 
.@BillSheafferPA says B76 said she didn't know much of the case and is likely past the 1st round. #Zimmermanon9
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #985 on: June 10, 2013, 05:16:40 PM »

Court is in recess until tomorrow, Tuesday, at 9:00 a.m.
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #986 on: June 10, 2013, 05:37:09 PM »

I cannot for the life of me understand how a kid - yes, a kid - can be walking to his father's home, with every right to be there, and get confronted by a man who ends up shooting him in the heart; and people can say it's the kid's fault he got killed. I don't get it. I really, really don't get it. Maybe it's because I'm so stinkin' old. In fact, I'm so old I remember a time in America when anyone who shot an unarmed person was considered a morally bankrupt coward.

I don't got it either. I'm so mad

I can't watch this trial or I'll have to go on medication

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #987 on: June 10, 2013, 05:40:31 PM »

A major case jury summons is like getting into Lets Make a Deal. Pretending that you know nothing about a local case that makes international headlines is the silly costume. Pick the verdict the media wants is Door No. 3. Say Hi to Barbara and Whoopie.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #988 on: June 10, 2013, 06:46:17 PM »

1. This "kid" was a 17 year old 6'2 young man who bragged on Twitter than he had to fight another young man again because he did not make him bleed enough.

2. It was his father's girlfriend's condo that he was walking back to.  Tracy Martin lived in the Miami Gardens area.

3.  Trayvon was the one who went back to confront George, not the other way around (from all the evidence presented so far in the discovery).

He could have easily made it home before George even got off the phone with the NEN 911 person.

4. Partually, It is his fault for thinking he could go back and confront George. So big big mistake on his part.  I ultimately blame his parents for the way he was raised. It's very obvious from reading his Twitter and Facebook that his parents did not give a rat's behind about him.

His mother knew enough about him to want him out of her house. He had to ride the bus to Sanford.

According to the autopsy Trayvon was 5'9" and 158lbs as opposed to Zimmerman who was 5'7" and 185lbs..  He was only a few inches taller than George and many pounds lighterweight.  I do not know if a body will lose inches or weight 13 hours after death which is when the autopsy was conducted.   

Trayvon turned 17 only 21 days prior to the altercation.  He was very young.  George Zimmerman was 28.

Trayvon had visited the condo on several occasions because this is where his father stayed with his girlfriend.  He was walking 'home' in the sense that this is where he was staying with his father.  (not that it matters at all to him being killed)

Trayvon was not at his home yet because he had not made it there before Zimmerman approached and confronted him.  Please share the evidence that proves Trayvon turned around and went after George as he was returning to his vehicle.  I haven't read anything that shows that to be true.

After the operator told George they don't need him to go after Trayvon, George responds in the affirmative by saying 'okay' leading the operator to believe he has stopped chasing Trayvon.  Had George not made that indication I'm sure the operator would have told him NOT to go after the boy.  And why would anyone need to be told not to go after a teen who's doing nothing illegal on a dark night while armed? 

It hardly appears to me his parents did not care for their boy.  Many family photos would show his family cared for him very much.  Him going to Sanford by bus is not an indication his mother did not care for him.  What's wrong with sending a teenager somewhere via bus?

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #989 on: June 10, 2013, 07:48:33 PM »

I'm trying to keep an open mind here.

Never the less, this is a lose lose situation no matter what.

Prayers for this jury.
iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #990 on: June 10, 2013, 08:29:53 PM »

According to the autopsy Trayvon was 5'9" and 158lbs as opposed to Zimmerman who was 5'7" and 185lbs..  He was only a few inches taller than George and many pounds lighterweight.  I do not know if a body will lose inches or weight 13 hours after death which is when the autopsy was conducted.   

Trayvon turned 17 only 21 days prior to the altercation.  He was very young.  George Zimmerman was 28.

Trayvon had visited the condo on several occasions because this is where his father stayed with his girlfriend.  He was walking 'home' in the sense that this is where he was staying with his father.  (not that it matters at all to him being killed)

Trayvon was not at his home yet because he had not made it there before Zimmerman approached and confronted him.  Please share the evidence that proves Trayvon turned around and went after George as he was returning to his vehicle.  I haven't read anything that shows that to be true.

After the operator told George they don't need him to go after Trayvon, George responds in the affirmative by saying 'okay' leading the operator to believe he has stopped chasing Trayvon.  Had George not made that indication I'm sure the operator would have told him NOT to go after the boy.  And why would anyone need to be told not to go after a teen who's doing nothing illegal on a dark night while armed? 

It hardly appears to me his parents did not care for their boy.  Many family photos would show his family cared for him very much.  Him going to Sanford by bus is not an indication his mother did not care for him.  What's wrong with sending a teenager somewhere via bus?

Look at all the evidence.  Trayvon could have made it to the place he was staying well before GZ got off the phone with 911. The only logical answer would be he was hiding and waited until GZ got off the phone and headed back to his truck and that is when he punched him and  broke his nose.

iluvmua
Scared Monkey

« Reply #991 on: June 10, 2013, 08:43:01 PM »

Now both sides are receiving death threats........ including the Martin Family.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-jury-selection-begins-sides-cite-death/story?id=19360931#.UbZx8-dOOBU

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #992 on: June 10, 2013, 10:24:52 PM »

Now both sides are receiving death threats........ including the Martin Family.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-jury-selection-begins-sides-cite-death/story?id=19360931#.UbZx8-dOOBU

This shows the volatile nature of this case.  I hope the pot stirrers stay out of this AKA Jackson, Sharpton and the like.

Challapalca him!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #993 on: June 10, 2013, 11:09:11 PM »

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/6/10/george_zimmerman_tri_0.html

George Zimmerman trial: Meet Monday's potential jurors
Last Updated: Monday, June 10, 2013 

SANFORD --
The public now has somewhat of a look at four of the 21 profiled potential jurors in the George Zimmerman Trial.  The first was brought in Monday afternoon and each of the people given nicknames in relation to their potential juror number.

A pool for 500 people was summoned but 21 will be interviewed in court for about 30 minutes each.  That group of 21 will be whittled down to six which will then be the seated jury.

Jury selection is scheduled to begin again at 9 a.m. Tuesday
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #994 on: June 11, 2013, 12:36:05 AM »

http://www.theroot.com/views/trayvons-dad-my-kid-was-perfect-me?page=0,1

It is very clear from this case -- and American history in general -- that if it had been a black man who had tracked and killed a white child, no defense would be sufficient. That man would be in jail and likely facing the death penalty. George Zimmerman is every parent's worst nightmare. A self-proclaimed vigilante, on prescription drugs, taunting and tracking a child in the dark.

TR: Where does Zimmerman's "Stand your ground" defense place things legally?

BC: Well, let me first say that "Stand your ground" was intended to protect victims like Trayvon -- not predators like George Zimmerman. Mark O'Mara realizes that and so decided to forgo the "Stand your ground" pretrial hearing. This was a surreptitious move. Why? Because "Stand your ground" requires Zimmerman to take the stand, whereas "self-defense" does not.

O'Mara knows that once Zimmerman is forced to speak, his inconsistencies and mendaciousness will be revealed for all to see. And Zimmerman certainly wouldn't survive a cross-examination. Prosecutors would destroy him. What remains to be seen is whether black mothers and fathers, especially in the South, can receive justice in a court of law. Emmett Till's mother didn't, but I believe Sybrina and Tracy will.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #995 on: June 11, 2013, 12:39:29 AM »

http://www.theroot.com/views/trayvons-dad-my-kid-was-perfect-me?page=0,0

Tracy Martin: You can't prepare your child to contend with the warped mentality of someone else. You can only teach them to be good and live by the laws of the land. George Zimmerman acted in a deranged way -- and all the evidence supports that. I know how society negatively portrays black boys, and my son Trayvon wasn't naive. He wasn't blind to stereotypes, prejudice and discrimination. But I shouldn't have to tell my child to fear walking to the store to get snacks just because he's black.

We're supposed to be living in a free society, aren't we? Trayvon lived in a diverse community. His school is mixed, and Trayvon had friends who are white, black and Hispanic. I never thought this could happen to him, and I know Trayvon was scared and confused in those final moments. This wasn't anything that any parent could prepare their child for.

TR: What was Trayvon Martin like? What do you want the public to know about him?

TM: My child was a fun-loving kid. He loved being outside and loved working with his hands -- bikes, motorcycles, anything like that. He could take a radio apart and put it back together. That's how his mind worked.

So many people want their kids to grow up to be doctors, lawyers or professional athletes. My son was interested in aviation. He took two summers and studied for his pilot-mechanic license. He would have definitely become an engineer. And I would have been so proud. Trayvon would have learned to fly

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #996 on: June 11, 2013, 06:46:52 AM »

Looks like this is only a teaser for tomorrow night.  This is the only part in the transcript that has to do with GZ's trial. 

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/10/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Will Brett Seacat Be Found Guilty?; Jury Selection in George Zimmerman Case; Jodi Arias Trial
Aired June 10, 2013 - 19:00   ET

On the other side, fantastic panel, George Zimmerman. Unbelievable day, the trial is starting.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Sounds like a male.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: And you don`t know why?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I don`t know why. I think they`re yelling help. But I don`t know.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Help!

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You think they`re yelling help?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Yes.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: What is your...

(GUNSHOT)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

END

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sailcat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #997 on: June 11, 2013, 09:33:50 AM »

There was one person involved in this situation who had an arrest record for violent behavior, and it was not Trayvon Martin.

"Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #998 on: June 11, 2013, 09:35:49 AM »

Tuesday, June 11, 2013--Tweets

https://twitter.com/tonypipitone

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone  2m 
Juror B7 to coworkers debating case: "This is ridiculous, let's let the jury decide

Tony Pipitone Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone  3m 
Seminole County sheriff on arrest outside: "We arrested a man for driving with his license suspended.  Not Zimmerman related."

Tony Pipitone Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone  6m 
Juror B7, middle aged white male, NPR listener, recalls shooter, a fight, names of victim, suspect; SYG law controversy.

Tony Pipitone Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone  9m 
As we reported yesterday, 3 of the 4 potential jurors questioned yesterday return. Source tells me 65-year-old hard of hearing man gone

Tony Pipitone Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone  28m 
Jury selection in #GeorgeZimmerman case expected to go much quicker today; several potentials eliminated based on questionnaire, I am told.
sailcat
Scared Monkey

« Reply #999 on: June 11, 2013, 09:41:53 AM »

I don't got it either. I'm so mad

I can't watch this trial or I'll have to go on medication

I'm with you on this one. No way I'll be able to watch it.

"Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.