April 24, 2024, 01:18:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jo Ann (Jodie) Bain and Three Daughters #2 5/11/12  (Read 130187 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #120 on: May 18, 2012, 09:05:44 AM »

Did I miss the mention of bio dad, step mom and half sisters in the obit for Adrienne?

Notice too, that JoAnn was preceded in death by Adrienne. 

Yes..wonder how they know that exactly?
Cookie, sometimes obits are worded this way in cases of deaths which happen at the same time.  It is easier to say the child was the daughter of the late . . . and the child preceded in death.  Obits are not always factual.  I know of people who list relatives (mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, etc.) when there is no blood relation at all.  It is written by the family with the help of the undertaker, in most cases.  I have helped write dozens upon dozens, so this is just my experience.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #121 on: May 18, 2012, 04:55:11 PM »

Either a mistaken obit or they are basing it on Adam Mayes' wife's account of what happened that morning.

IMO Mark Johnson should compassionately back off and let this family heal.  I understand the regret he feels but he made his choice and pressuring Gary Bain is only adding more suffering on this family.

The two living sisters who endured this tragedy will need eachother for many years to come.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #122 on: May 18, 2012, 06:35:54 PM »

i noticed there are 2 donation funds,confusing,to the donors i would think

Bain/Johnson Family Fund" at any Merchants & Farmers Bank Branch in Tennessee
http://www.wlbt.com/story/18369813/bain-sisters-dad-on-facebook

Bank of Fayette County, c/o Bain Family Fund, 15995 Highway 64, Somerville, TN 38068 or any of their locations.
http://www.peeblesfuneralhome.com/obits/obituary.php?id=177772

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2012, 07:30:38 PM »

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18503652/adam-mayes-sister-shares-family-secrets-he-was-very-much-a-mind-manipulator

Mayes' sister shares family secrets; 'Adam wanted a family'

Posted: May 17, 2012 3:38 PM CDT
Updated: May 18, 2012 4:54 AM CDT
By Justin Hanson - bio | email

MEMPHIS, TN -
(WMC-TV) – The sister of Adam Mayes is shedding light into their family history and revealing secrets that expose the devil inside of the man accused of kidnap and murder.

Pamela Bain is Adam Mayes' older sister. She is also Gary Bain's ex-wife. Gary Bain was married to Jo Ann when she was found dead in Adam Mayes' backyard in Alpine, Mississippi.

Pamela is so ashamed of her brother that is scared to show her face, but that did not stop her from sharing a lifetime of family secrets that may have set Mayes' plan into motion.

"I always knew it would be one of my brothers and sisters, to do something like this, would be a sniper or a serial killer because of the dynamic of my family, it's like what you hear on TV. I just didn't know which one it'd be," she told Action News 5's Justin Hansen in an exclusive interview.

It is hard for Pamela Bain to talk about what she says was a lifetime of abuse in the Mayes' household.

"When you internalize secrets and you don't get rid of them, they stick with you and they do internal mental damage to you," she explained.

Pamela is the oldest of six children. Adam Mayes was the youngest and by her account, the head of the household.

::snipping2::

"He was in total control of them, they had no will power, no voice and after they pushed us kids away, we could no longer protect our mom and dad," said Pamela. "He was very much a mind manipulator, he would say what he wanted you to do in a way that made you want to do it."

Pamela married Gary Bain 30 years ago. She says her brother, Adam, quickly took to her new husband.

"Adam could deceive you into believing you were his best friend and that you have nothing to fear of him," she explained. "Whenever Gary and I divorced 10 years ago, it's like he became part of Gary, took Gary to be his family and immersed himself in their lives."

Pamela says Mayes coveted what he saw when Gary married Jo Ann and began creating a family with her daughters, Adrienne and Alexandria, as well as fathering Kyliyah.

"Adam was looking, wanted a family and Teresa couldn't have children. That's why he fixated on those two youngest girls," Pamela said.

Teresa Mayes is Adam's wife turned widow. She is in jail on murder and kidnapping charges accused of helping Adam kill Jo Ann and Adrienne Bain, and kidnapping the two younger girls. She is also accused of transporting the family of four to this house in Alpine, Mississippi.

"From what I understand, they were gonna cut off ties to Tennessee period, why I don't know that, but they were gonna cut ties and I think Adam panicked because he didn't want to lose the two little girls he thought was his," Pamela revealed. "He didn't have the right faculties to know right from wrong, he thought that the children were his and he could take them with no repercussions."

Pamela has an adult daughter from a previous marriage who lives with Gary Bain.

She says her daughter told her Adam was mixing cocktails in the Bain home the night before the murders and kidnappings. She believes he drugged Gary in order to carry out his plan the next morning.

"The night it happened, he bought the stuff to make tequila sunrises and he was the only one making the drinks, so he may have drugged Gary so that he could get Jo Ann and the girls out of the house and into the garage," Pamela speculated.

Investigators have not said how Jo Ann and Adrienne Bain died, but Pamela is certain Gary Bain had no suspicions about the man he considered a close friend.

"I don't think Gary knew Adam was gonna do this or else he'd put an end to their relationship," said Pamela. "Me being a mom, it makes me wish my brother had never been born so that his sickness would have never touched their lives."

Pamela said she had last spoken with her brother, Adam, two years ago when he refused to let her see her parents.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2012, 10:02:45 PM »

http://wreg.com/2012/05/18/gary-bain-makes-statement-to-public-as-wife-and-daughter-are-memorialized/

Gary Bain Makes Statement to Public as Wife and Daughter are Memorialized
Posted on: 4:15 pm, May 18, 2012, by Adam Hammond, updated on: 06:05pm, May 18, 2012

(Somerville, TN) The murders and kidnapping of the Bain family in Whiteville are still devastating the community.

Today family and friends had a chance to say goodbye.

Jo Ann and Adrienne Bain were memorialized at a private funeral in Somerville Friday.

Meanwhile, Alexandria and Kyliyah Bain are still being interviewed by the FBI about what happened when they were kidnapped and held captive in the woods by Adam Mayes.

Gary Bain said he is destroyed by the senseless crimes and is grieving the death of his wife Jo Ann and daughter Adrienne.

But he says there is a silver lining in that dark cloud, because his youngest girls are now safe with him after Mayes kidnapped them from his home.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2012, 09:50:24 AM »

When the words of Adam's brother is concerned as well as same words out the mouths of Adam's sister-in-law and mother-in-law ... I suspect that the attorneys retained by Mary Mayes and Teresa Mayes have the defence strategies all figured out.

Janet

+++++ 

Brother of Accused Killer, Kidnapper Says He's Glad He's Dead
Published: May 11, 2012
Updated: May 11, 2012 - 8:11 PM

<snipped>

Johnny lives in the Cowpens area of Cherokee County. He is eight years older than Adam, two of four siblings born to Mary Frances and Johnny Mayes. Johnny says the family moved around a lot, living in Texas, Florida, North Carolina, and South Carolina. He says about 16 years ago, they came to Cherokee County to live with his mother's brother. 

"That's when I parted ways with the family," says Johnny.

He says Adam's controlling, abusive behavior drove a wedge between him and his parents.

"They would do whatever he wanted," says Johnny. "Anyone who was close to Adam pretty much lived in fear. He was the person that you didn't want to cross. You didn't cross him because you knew the consequences would come down on you."

<snipped>

He says he and his siblings have decided they will not claim Adam's body and will not hold a funeral.

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/may/11/15/accused-kidnapper-murderer-adam-mayes-found-dead-g-ar-3770600/

Posted: May 17, 2012 1:38 PM PDT
Updated: May 18, 2012 2:54 AM PDT

<snipped>

It is hard for Pamela Bain to talk about what she says was a lifetime of abuse in the Mayes' household.

"When you internalize secrets and you don't get rid of them, they stick with you and they do internal mental damage to you," she explained.

Pamela is the oldest of six children. Adam Mayes was the youngest and by her account, the head of the household.

"Adam had no reason to be like he was, because from the time he was born, he was in charge, they gave total control over to him," Pamela said.

When she says ‘they', she is referring to her parents.

Their mother, Mary Frances, is in jail on charges that she helped Mayes kidnap Alexandria and Kyliyah Bain.

Their father, Johnny, now lives with his son in South Carolina.

"He was in total control of them, they had no will power, no voice and after they pushed us kids away, we could no longer protect our mom and dad," said Pamela. "He was very much a mind manipulator, he would say what he wanted you to do in a way that made you want to do it."

<snipped>

Teresa Mayes is Adam's wife turned widow. She is in jail on murder and kidnapping charges accused of helping Adam kill Jo Ann and Adrienne Bain, and kidnapping the two younger girls. She is also accused of transporting the family of four to this house in Alpine, Mississippi.

<snipped>

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18503652/adam-mayes-sister-shares-family-secrets-he-was-very-much-a-mind-manipulator

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2012, 09:56:53 AM »

How old is Gary Bains?

Janet

+++++

<snipped>

Pamela Bain is Adam Mayes' older sister. She is also Gary Bain's ex-wife. Gary Bain was married to Jo Ann when she was found dead in Adam Mayes' backyard in Alpine, Mississippi. ....

Pamela married Gary Bain 30 years ago

<snipped>

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2012, 02:23:23 PM »

How old is Gary Bains?

Janet

+++++

<snipped>

Pamela Bain is Adam Mayes' older sister. She is also Gary Bain's ex-wife. Gary Bain was married to Jo Ann when she was found dead in Adam Mayes' backyard in Alpine, Mississippi. ....

Pamela married Gary Bain 30 years ago

<snipped>

Early 60's Janet -- 61 or 62 from what I remember.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2012, 03:37:47 PM »

Thanks BabsKats.

Janet

_____

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2012, 10:56:27 PM »

Autopsy report confirms Mayes' suicide

JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) -- The final autopsy results from the state medical examiner's office in Jackson indicate accused kidnapper and killer Adam Mayes committed suicide after being located by authorities May 10.

Union County Coroner Mark Golding said he received the final autopsy results Saturday afternoon.

Golding said a self-inflicted 9mm gunshot wound to the head -- from the right to left temple -- caused the 35-year-old Mayes' death. The ruling cited suicide as the official cause.

Any additional details would have to be released through law enforcement, he said.

As for what happens to Mayes' body now, Golding said there's no clear-cut answer to that.

The coroner said even if nobody from the family claims him, they will still be held legally responsible.

There's no set time frame for when the body will be released from Jackson.

http://www.wtva.com/news/local/story/Autopsy-report-confirms-Mayes-suicide/D99cwGp4dEyocKsgwYg6CA.cspx
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2012, 11:04:30 PM »

Pamela has an adult daughter from a previous marriage who lives with Gary Bain.

She says her daughter told her Adam was mixing cocktails in the Bain home the night before the murders and kidnappings. She believes he drugged Gary in order to carry out his plan the next morning.

"The night it happened, he bought the stuff to make tequila sunrises and he was the only one making the drinks, so he may have drugged Gary so that he could get Jo Ann and the girls out of the house and into the garage," Pamela speculated.

"I think he was getting ready to kill the girls because they said on the news that they found him and the girls, that he was down on his knees and they were face down in the leaves," she added.  "I think he was getting ready to kill them because he didn't want them to be taken from him."

http://www.wlbt.com/story/18503652/adam-mayes-sister-shares-family-secrets-he-was-very-much-a-mind-manipulator
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2012, 08:00:15 PM »

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18576584/mayes-women-scheduled-to-appear-in-court-tuesday

Mayes women scheduled to appear in court Tuesday

Posted: May 21, 2012 5:20 PM CDT
Updated: May 21, 2012 6:31 PM CDT
By Nick Kenney - bio | email

HARDEMAN COUNTY, TN -
(WMC-TV) – The two women charged in connection with the kidnapping and murder of Jo Ann Bain and her daughters are due in court Tuesday.

Adam Mayes, the primary suspect in the crimes, is dead. His mother and wife are alive and now have to answer for their alleged roles in his plan.

Teresa Mayes, Adam's widow, is charged with two counts of murder, as well as especially aggravated kidnapping.

Mary Frances Mayes, Adam's mother, is charged with felony conspiracy to commit especially aggravated kidnapping.

Jo Ann Bain and her daughter Adrienne were killed as part of Mayes' plan to kidnap the two younger Bain girls, Alexandria and Kyliyah.

"One of the things that the state will have to establish is venue. She's [Mary] charged with conspiracy so they'll have to show an overt act that was committed by my client in furtherance of the charge of especially aggravated kidnapping," explained Mary Frances Mayes' Defense Attorney, Terry Dycus.

This case is still under investigation and additional charges against the women could be filed.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2012, 09:36:54 PM »

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18576584/mayes-women-scheduled-to-appear-in-court-tuesday

HARDEMAN COUNTY, TN -
(WMC-TV) – The two women charged in connection with the kidnapping and murder of Jo Ann Bain and her daughters are due in court Tuesday.

Adam Mayes, the primary suspect in the crimes, is dead. His mother and wife are alive and now have to answer for their alleged roles in his plan.

Teresa Mayes, Adam's widow, is charged with two counts of murder, as well as especially aggravated kidnapping.

Mary Frances Mayes, Adam's mother, is charged with felony conspiracy to commit especially aggravated kidnapping.

Jo Ann Bain and her daughter Adrienne were killed as part of Mayes' plan to kidnap the two younger Bain girls, Alexandria and Kyliyah.

"One of the things that the state will have to establish is venue. She's [Mary] charged with conspiracy so they'll have to show an overt act that was committed by my client in furtherance of the charge of especially aggravated kidnapping," explained Mary Frances Mayes' Defense Attorney, Terry Dycus.

This case is still under investigation and additional charges against the women could be filed.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2012, 09:42:41 PM »

HARDEMAN COUNTY, TN -

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2012, 06:34:24 PM »

Adam Mayes, kidnap-slaying suspect, was investigated for child sex abuse in 2010

CBS/AP) - Adam Mayes, the man accused of kidnapping and murdering Jo Ann Bain and her daughter Adrienne, and committing suicide when police caught him with Bain's two other daughters, was investigated for child sex abuse in 2010.

According to records from Madison County Sheriff's Office in Jackson, Tenn., Adam Mayes was accused of child abuse and possessing child pornography. A family member claimed to have seen Mayes nude as he shaved the legs of a nude 7-year-old girl.

Mayes denied the allegations and he was never charged. An investigator concluded the claim about the abuse, as well as the allegation he had child pornography, were unfounded.

Mayes' wife, Teresa Mayes, is now facing six felony counts in the case: two first-degree murder charges and four especially aggravated kidnapping charges. She told investigators that after she saw her husband kill the mother and oldest daughter in the garage at the Bain home. She then drove him, the younger girls and the bodies to Mississippi, according to affidavits filed in court.

Mayes' mother, Mary Mayes, has also been charged with conspiracy to commit especially aggravated kidnapping. Mary Mayes' attorney, Terry Dycus, said his client maintains she is not guilty.

CNN is reporting that three other people have been arrested in connection to the case.

http://www.volunteertv.com/news/national/headlines/Bain_Sisters_Safe_Adam_Mayes_Shot_151048015.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2012, 06:36:12 PM »

Mother in Mississippi kidnap-murder case faces new charges

NASHVILLE, Tennessee (Reuters) - Prosecutors have added new, more serious charges against the mother of a man suspected of killing a Tennessee mother and daughter and then kidnapping her two younger daughters, touching off a manhunt that ended in his suicide and captured attention nationwide.

Mary Mayes, 65, has been charged with two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping in connection with the murder-kidnapping involving the four family members that made Adam Mayes briefly an FBI Ten Most Wanted fugitive.

Mary Mayes had faced four counts of conspiracy to commit especially aggravated kidnapping and authorities trimmed those to two counts after adding the new charges Tuesday.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47525652
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2012, 06:37:18 PM »

Mary Mayes' bond was raised Tuesday along with the charges to $500,000 from $300,000 during an appearance in a Hardeman County, Tennessee, court, according to the clerk's office.

Teresa Mayes also appeared in court on Tuesday. She has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder and two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping and is being held without bond.

Hardeman County General Sessions Judge Charles M. Cary set their next court date for June 19. Both women were arrested May 6 during the search for Adam Mayes.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/47525652
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2012, 06:38:44 PM »

Psychological evaluations pending for Teresa and Mary Mayes

BOLIVAR — A judge has ordered psychological evaluations for the wife and mother of a man who authorities say killed a woman and her teenage daughter in Whiteville before kidnapping the victim's two younger daughters. Their next court appearance will be held next month when officials expect to have the results of the evaluations.

Teresa Mayes faces charges including murder and kidnapping in the incident. Mary Mayes had faced charges of conspiracy to commit especially aggravated kidnapping. New charges of two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping have now been filed against Mary Mayes.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20120522/NEWS01/120522007/Psychological-evaluations-pending-Teresa-Mary-Mayes?odyssey=nav%7Chead
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2012, 06:40:16 PM »

Adam Mayes' mother faces new charges

http://www.wlox.com/story/18576584/mayes-women-scheduled-to-appear-in-court-tuesday
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2012, 09:25:54 AM »

Psychological evaluations pending for Teresa and Mary Mayes

BOLIVAR — A judge has ordered psychological evaluations for the wife and mother of a man who authorities say killed a woman and her teenage daughter in Whiteville before kidnapping the victim's two younger daughters. Their next court appearance will be held next month when officials expect to have the results of the evaluations.

Teresa Mayes faces charges including murder and kidnapping in the incident. Mary Mayes had faced charges of conspiracy to commit especially aggravated kidnapping. New charges of two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping have now been filed against Mary Mayes.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20120522/NEWS01/120522007/Psychological-evaluations-pending-Teresa-Mary-Mayes?odyssey=nav%7Chead
Thank you for the updates Northern Rose.  I have a feeling from reading the articles you posted, this is going to take awhile before coming to trial.  That's ok, Lady Justice is patient, even if I'm not.
 ::justice2NJ::

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.