March 29, 2024, 04:18:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jo Ann (Jodie) Bain and Three Daughters #2 5/11/12  (Read 127399 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2012, 07:34:03 AM »

Disturbing to say the least.  This was planned a year prior, and there were two failed abduction attempts?    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #181 on: October 05, 2012, 01:08:53 PM »

I am just aghast at these statements.  And the twelve year-old "in love" with Mayes?????

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2012, 01:42:45 PM »

http://www.wmctv.com/story/19683897/teresa-mayes-testimony-reveals-details-about-bain-murders-kidnappings?c=n

Teresa Mayes' testimony reveals details about Bain murders

Posted: Oct 01, 2012 10:02 AM CDT
Updated: Oct 02, 2012 5:04 AM CDT
By Nick Kenney - bio | email
By Kelsey Jacobson, Digital Content Director - email

HARDEMAN COUNTY, TN -
(WMC-TV) – Teresa Mayes' testimony was read by a Tennessee Bureau of Investigation agent in a Hardeman County courtroom.

respectfully  ::snipping2::

"The deputy told us about the girls and Jo Ann, but my name was never brought up, but Adam's name was brought up," said Teresa's testimony.  "Adam said he didn't know where the girls were.  And Adam elbowed me when the deputy turned his head.  And I said, 'Oh my god,' and went back into the house.  I checked myself into behavioral about an hour later.  Adam and I fought about this and Mary took my side in the argument.  I think the kids were on the camera in the yard at the time."

::snipping2::

To read Teresa Mayes' entire testimony from Monday, click here.  But first, a warning... readers may find the content in the testimony disturbing.

http://files.wmctv.com/TeresaMayesTestimony.pdf

What is meant by 'behavioral' and 'yard'?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2012, 02:17:20 PM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20121002/NEWS01/310020005/Adam-Mayes-wife-Bain-abduction-planned-year

Adam Mayes' wife: Bain abduction was planned for a year
Agent reads Teresa Mayes' TBI statement during her hearing
11:34 PM, Oct 1, 2012

BOLIVAR — Mississippi resident Adam Mayes told his wife over a year ago that he would abduct a 12-year-old Whiteville girl and kill members of her family, according to the wife’s statement to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation

im confused,so AM must have started a sick relationship with Alexandria,when he lived
with them for 11 years and, i thought that the Bain fam had just moved back to the area,to
take care of a sick realitive,and had only been there a couple of months
and that they had moved  from that area to live in AZ, over a year or more ago im going
to have to read back,the time lines dont seem right

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2012, 05:57:23 PM »

http://www.wmctv.com/story/19683897/teresa-mayes-testimony-reveals-details-about-bain-murders-kidnappings?c=n

Teresa Mayes' testimony reveals details about Bain murders

Posted: Oct 01, 2012 10:02 AM CDT
Updated: Oct 02, 2012 5:04 AM CDT
By Nick Kenney - bio | email
By Kelsey Jacobson, Digital Content Director - email

HARDEMAN COUNTY, TN -
(WMC-TV) – Teresa Mayes' testimony was read by a Tennessee Bureau of Investigation agent in a Hardeman County courtroom.

respectfully  ::snipping2::

"The deputy told us about the girls and Jo Ann, but my name was never brought up, but Adam's name was brought up," said Teresa's testimony.  "Adam said he didn't know where the girls were.  And Adam elbowed me when the deputy turned his head.  And I said, 'Oh my god,' and went back into the house.  I checked myself into behavioral about an hour later.  Adam and I fought about this and Mary took my side in the argument.  I think the kids were on the camera in the yard at the time."

To read Teresa Mayes' entire testimony from Monday, click here.  But first, a warning... readers may find the content in the testimony disturbing.

http://files.wmctv.com/TeresaMayesTestimony.pdf

What is meant by 'behavioral' and 'yard'?

I think by "behavioral" she was probably referring to a mental health facility that she and her mother in law have received treatment from.

And I think "on the camera" should have been "in the camper" in the yard.

jmo

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #185 on: October 06, 2012, 02:04:08 AM »

In reading TM testimony she said she had a recipe that called for a mason jar, coleman fuel, and a battery...now that doesn't sound like stuff to melt bones with as they were in the ground.  That recipe is just a few ingredients shy of making meth! In fact, I think it's only missing two more things.  Sorry that I know that but we have toooooo many shake and bake labs around here and they keep telling how it's made.  Sometimes LE and the local news gives out too much info.  Not the important stuff we need to know but the stuff we should never know! lol!

Are any of you believing that the 12yo was in "love" with this perv?  I know it's possible and if so can you imagine her watching him kill himself.  I'm sure they weren't too far from him when he did it, if not right beside him.  This young girl may not ever be able to keep herself in check.  I'm sorry for saying that but if this is true she may be blaming everyone but him.  Poor child.  How did her parents not know something was wrong between them?  He had to have been paying more attention to her than anyone else.  Maybe they were leaving because of him and not letting on?  Maybe they did see something unhealthy and just didn't catch it early enough. 

Here in FL we have a 9yo that was sleeping in a rm w/her "uncle" and given permission to do so by her mom and dad.  It went on for about a year and the perv was paying the parents' bills and driving them around as payment for sex with the little girl.  Mom said in court she just didn't care what was going on.  Parents of the year!  They are all going to jail for 30 to life.  Thank goodness and I pray this little girl does okay.  She did tell people and they helped her. They just got sentenced.  Was on JVM tonight.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: October 06, 2012, 07:40:02 AM »

I think children and young teens having inappropriate relationships and/or sex with adults with the parents knowledge or the parents are basically pimping them out is more than we will ever know.     I thought the U.S. had been making strides against abusing children, but sometimes I wonder if we're sliding back?   Is it worse?  Or has it always been there and we are hearing about it more and more because of better communication and social media?  Either way, children should be able to be children and live their lives without being preyed on by adults. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #187 on: October 06, 2012, 12:45:22 PM »

Here is the JVM transcript of the story I was telling about above.  Sick, sick, sick!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1210/05/ijvm.01.html
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #188 on: October 08, 2012, 09:25:45 PM »

In reading TM testimony she said she had a recipe that called for a mason jar, coleman fuel, and a battery...now that doesn't sound like stuff to melt bones with as they were in the ground.  That recipe is just a few ingredients shy of making meth! In fact, I think it's only missing two more things.  Sorry that I know that but we have toooooo many shake and bake labs around here and they keep telling how it's made.  Sometimes LE and the local news gives out too much info.  Not the important stuff we need to know but the stuff we should never know! lol!

Are any of you believing that the 12yo was in "love" with this perv?  I know it's possible and if so can you imagine her watching him kill himself.  I'm sure they weren't too far from him when he did it, if not right beside him.  This young girl may not ever be able to keep herself in check.  I'm sorry for saying that but if this is true she may be blaming everyone but him.  Poor child.  How did her parents not know something was wrong between them?  He had to have been paying more attention to her than anyone else.  Maybe they were leaving because of him and not letting on?  Maybe they did see something unhealthy and just didn't catch it early enough. 

Here in FL we have a 9yo that was sleeping in a rm w/her "uncle" and given permission to do so by her mom and dad.  It went on for about a year and the perv was paying the parents' bills and driving them around as payment for sex with the little girl.  Mom said in court she just didn't care what was going on.  Parents of the year!  They are all going to jail for 30 to life.  Thank goodness and I pray this little girl does okay.  She did tell people and they helped her. They just got sentenced.  Was on JVM tonight.

BBM

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #189 on: October 09, 2012, 09:37:08 AM »

I think children and young teens having inappropriate relationships and/or sex with adults with the parents knowledge or the parents are basically pimping them out is more than we will ever know.     I thought the U.S. had been making strides against abusing children, but sometimes I wonder if we're sliding back?   Is it worse?  Or has it always been there and we are hearing about it more and more because of better communication and social media?  Either way, children should be able to be children and live their lives without being preyed on by adults. 

BBM

I have often wondered the same thing, MB.  I know now that there were others like me who were abused as they grew up in the 50's-70's, before there was much media attention to the abuse of children.  But nobody talked about it then, it is only since I have become older and involved in survivor forums that I have found out that I was far from being alone in my situation.  As you said, however, no matter how rare or common, it should be stopped and the perps put away forever.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2013, 08:24:22 PM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20130110/NEWS01/130110006/Mary-Teresa-Mayes-indicted-charges-especially-aggravated-kidnapping-Teresa-Mayes-indicted-murder-charges

Mary and Teresa Mayes indicted on charges of especially aggravated kidnapping; Teresa Mayes indicted on murder charges

9:51 AM, Jan 10, 2013   

BOLIVAR -- Charges against two Mississippi women were announced in court this morning in the deaths of a Whiteville woman and her oldest daughter and the kidnapping of her two youngest daughters.

Mary Mayes is charged with two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping. Teresa Mayes is charged with two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping and two counts of first-degree murder.

The two women were arraigned in Hardeman County Circuit Court this morning after a grand jury indicted them earlier this week. The charges in the indictment were announced in court this morning.

A trial date has been set for May 16.

District Attorney Mike Dunavant has said that the Hardeman County grand jury met Monday in the case of Teresa Mayes and Mary Frances Mayes.

Authorities said Teresa Mayes was waiting in the car when her husband beat and strangled Jo Ann Bain and smothered Adrienne Bain at the Bain home in Whiteville, Tenn., on April 27. The couple then drove to Guntown with the bodies and the two surviving girls, 12-year-old Alexandria and 8-year-old Kyliyah.

Adam Mayes, 35, buried the bodies in the backyard of the home he shared with his wife and mother before escaping into the woods with the two girls, authorities said. Mary Mayes is accused of knowing about the abductions and not telling authorities about it.

A statement by Teresa Mayes was read in general sessions court by a Tennessee Bureau of Investigation special agent in October.

Teresa Mayes told investigators that her husband had been planning the kidnapping of the Bain girls for a year. She told investigators that her husband was infatuated with Alexandria and feared losing her because her family was planning a move to Arizona.

Teresa Mayes said her husband drugged the girls’ father, Gary Bain, before the killings.

Adam Mayes threatened to kill his wife if she didn’t help him, the statement said.

Both women have undergone mental evaluations.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read more in Friday's Jackson Sun.

Tracie Simer, (731) 425-9629

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #191 on: January 10, 2013, 08:30:47 PM »

http://www.wmctv.com/story/20551714/mary-and-teresa-mayes-indictment-revealed

Bain sisters could be called to testify in Mayes' trials
Posted: Jan 10, 2013 7:29 AM CST
Updated: Jan 10, 2013 4:59 PM CST
By WMCTV.com Staff - email

(WMC-TV) - The wife and mother of an accused murderer were officially indicted on charges connecting them to his series of crimes.

The indictments against the two women were unsealed for the first time Thursday morning in a Hardeman County courtroom.

Mary Mayes is accused of participating in the kidnapping scheme, while Teresa Mayes is accused of participating in the kidnapping and murders.

The indictment documents reveal a list of 173 potential witnesses who could be called to testify at trial. The list includes 48 different TBI agents and 23 different Mississippi fish and wildlife officers.

Also on the list is Hardeman County Sheriff John Doolan, Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards, Medical Examiner Karen Chancellor, Adam Mayes' neighbor "Hollywood" Ronnie Rich, Teresa Mayes' sister Bobbi Booth, Jo Ann Bain's husband Gary, and their two daughters, Alexandria and Kyliyah.

Prosecutors declined to comment on the case Thursday.

The trial is scheduled to begin May 16, 2013.

Mary and Teresa Mayes were both assigned court-appointed attorneys.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #192 on: January 10, 2013, 08:46:51 PM »

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/20554239/mayes-women-indictments-revealed

Mayes women indictments revealed

Posted: Jan 10, 2013 11:16 AM CST Updated: Jan 10, 2013 3:58 PM CST

By Bofta Yimam
By Scott Madaus

Hardeman County Circuit Court Judge Weber McGraw quickly arraigned Mary and Teresa for the kidnapping of Alex and Kyliyah Bain.

The case is set for trial on May 16. While Alex and Kyliyah Bain are listed among the 173 witnesses, Beverly, the victim's family member, said it's unlikely they'll testify.

"They're just kids, you know?," Goodman said. "Be a little too much for them I think."

According to previous statements from Teresa, her late husband Adam plotted the killings because he was in love with 12-year-old Alex Bain. Adam avoided the consequences of his actions by killing himself when police tracked him down in May 2012.

Mayes' wife, mother and the Bain family are left to deal with the mess he left behind.

"It's always going to be a problem," Goodman said. "They won't never get over this but they're doing fine, as well as can be expected I guess."

Mary and Teresa Mayes is are due back in Hardeman County Circuit Court April 5.

Read more: http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/20554239/mayes-women-indictments-revealed#ixzz2HcvSt01t

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #193 on: January 10, 2013, 10:06:07 PM »

Thank you for the updates texasmom. Mary and Teresa Mayes have a lot to answer for imo.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #194 on: January 19, 2013, 09:11:15 PM »

http://wreg.com/2013/01/10/trial-date-set-in-bain-family-kidnappings-and-murders/
Trial Date Set in Bain Family Kidnappings and Murders
January 10, 2013

Teresa Mayes, who was Adam Mayes’ wife, is charged with two counts of aggravated kidnapping and two counts of first degree murder.
Mary Mayes, who is Adam Mayes’ mother, is charged with two counts of aggravated kidnapping.
Both have been appointed public defenders.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2013, 01:17:05 PM »

Thank you for the updates texasmom. Mary and Teresa Mayes have a lot to answer for imo.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: April 24, 2013, 11:22:18 PM »

http://www.jacksonsun.com/viewart/20130406/NEWS/304060015/New-trial-dates-set-Bain-murders-kidnappings
New trial dates set in Bain murders, kidnappings
April 5, 2013

BOLIVAR — A judge on Friday set later trial dates for two women charged in a Tennessee murder-kidnapping after lawyers said they have not received important evidence from the federal government.

Federal authorities say the late Adam Mayes kidnapped two young girls from their home in Whiteville after killing their mother and sister on April 27, 2012. His wife, Teresa Mayes, is charged with their murders. Mary Mayes, Adam Mayes’ mother, has pleaded not guilty to especially aggravated kidnapping. Investigators say she knew about the abductions but did not tell authorities.

Her attorney, Terry Dycus, asked Circuit Judge J. Weber McCraw for a new trial date because he has not received some discovery from the U.S. Marshals Service. Teresa Mayes’ lawyer, Shana Johnson, made the same request.

Assistant District Attorney Joe Van Dyke said the state has asked for the documents but has not received them. The discovery in question is in a box at the marshals’ office, Van Dyke said.

The prosecutor said he is not ready for the trials scheduled for May 16 because of “the failure of the U.S. government.”

Lynzey Donahue, a U.S. Marshals Service spokeswoman in Washington, said the service is complying with rules regarding the release of law enforcement records.
Teresa Mayes has pleaded not guilty to two murder charges. In a statement she read in court in October, she told authorities her husband hit Jo Ann Bain in the head with a board and strangled her with a rope, then smothered Adrienne. Adam Mayes also claimed to have drugged Gary Bain, the husband and father of the family, to ensure he couldn’t stop the attack.

Teresa Mayes said her husband planned the crimes because he was infatuated with Alexandria and feared losing her because her family was planning to move to Arizona. Adam Mayes threatened to kill his wife if she didn’t help him, the statement said.

The judge set new trial dates of Sept. 9 for Mary Mayes and Sept. 16 for Teresa Mayes.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #197 on: April 25, 2013, 09:36:59 AM »

It wouldn't be too bad if justice was slow and sure . . . more often it seems it is just slow.
 ::justice2NJ::

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2013, 02:22:35 AM »

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Mayes-women-218997801.html

Mayes Women Accept Plea Deal

By Erica Williams
By ewilliams@wbbjtv.com
Story Created: Aug 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM CDT
Story Updated: Aug 9, 2013 at 7:03 PM CDT

BOLIVAR, Tenn. - Teresa and Mary Mayes reaches a plea agreement in Hardeman County Circuit Court in a kidnapping and murder case.

Teresa Mayes was sentenced to 35 years in jail for two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping and two counts of second degree murder. Mary Mayes was sentenced to 13 and a half years in jail for two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping.

"We believe this is a just decision based on the two women's involvement in what Adam did," said District Attorney, Mike Dunavant.

Teresa is the widow of Adam Mayes and Mary was his mother. Adam Mayes reportedly killed Jo Ann Bain and her daughter Adrienne. Authorities said he also kidnapped Kyliyah and Alexandria Bain.

After going on the run with the two girls, Mississippi wildlife officers caught up to them and Adam Mayes reportedly killed himself. The two children with him were uninjured.

Dunavant said the decision to offer a plea was also based on the two surviving victims.

"We didn't want them to come in the court and go through cross examination," he said. "That would victimize them all over again."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: August 10, 2013, 02:26:37 AM »

http://www.wlox.com/story/23093655/teresa-mayes-reaches-plea-deal-in-murder-kidnapping-case

Teresa and Mary Mayes reach plea deals in murder, kidnapping case

Posted: Aug 09, 2013 10:57 AM CDT
Updated: Aug 09, 2013 4:42 PM CDT
By WMCTV.com Staff - email

BOLIVAR, TN -
(WMC-TV) - The two women accused of helping a man kidnap two little girls and kill their sister and mother just reached plea agreements in court.

Teresa is the widow and Mary is the mother of Adam Mayes, who authorities say killed Jo Ann Bain and her 14-year-old daughter, Adrienne, before kidnapping Bain's two other girls, Alexandria, 12, and Kyliyah, 8, in May 2012.

Teresa pleaded guilty to two counts of second degree murder and two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping. Mary pleaded guilty to two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping.

Their pleas was made at a hearing in Bolivar that began at 9 a.m. Friday.

As a result of the plea agreements, Teresa was sentenced to a total of 35 years in prison. She will receive credit for the 460 days she has already spent behind bars. She will be taken to Tennessee Department of Correction.

Mary Mayes was sentenced to 13.5 years in prison for her role in the crimes. Those close to the case say Mary has been in and out of the hospital for months fighting a lung infection. She appeared frail in court Friday, and entered the courtroom in a wheelchair.

"We feel like it's a just and fair resolution of criminal responsibility of these two ladies," said Hardeman County District Attorney Mike Dunavant.

The two youngest girls were rescued and are now living with their father, Gary Bain.

"We have spoken to Gary Bain regarding the girls and how they're doing. They're attempting to adjust and acclimate to life," said Dunavant.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.