March 28, 2024, 07:00:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jo Ann (Jodie) Bain and Three Daughters #2 5/11/12  (Read 127319 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #200 on: August 10, 2013, 02:28:45 AM »

http://www.wlox.com/story/23093655/teresa-mayes-reaches-plea-deal-in-murder-kidnapping-case

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2013, 02:35:00 AM »

http://wreg.com/2013/08/09/mary-teresa-mayes-sentenced-for-kidnapping-murder/

Mary, Teresa Mayes Sentenced For Kidnapping, Murder

Posted on: 11:16 am, August 9, 2013, by Rachel Patterson and Adam Hammond, updated on: 05:46pm, August 9, 2013

(Bolivar, TN) Adam Mayes’s mother and wife admitted Friday to having a hand in the murders and kidnapping of the Bain family.

Mayes killed family friend Jo Ann Bain and her daughter, Adrienne, then hid out with her youngest daughters Alex and Kyliyah in the woods until they were found two weeks later.

Mayes killed himself when Mississippi Fish and Wildlife officers found them in the woods, and Friday Teresa and Mary Mayes pleaded guilty to murder and kidnapping charges.

The district attorney’s office says Gary Bain approached them and asked them to work out a plea deal so his two surviving daughters would not have to go to the Hardeman County courthouse and testify on the stand, making them relive that horrible nightmare.

In court Friday, Teresa Mayes pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and two counts of felony kidnapping.

“Your honor, we enter a plea under the theory it is the best interest, although she maintains she didn’t participate in the murders,” Teresa Mayes’s attorney said on her behalf.

The wife of Adam Mayes could have faced life in prison for those crimes, but because of the plea deal, she was sentenced to just 35 years.

Adam Mayes’s mother, Mary, pleaded guilty to two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping and will spend the next 13 years in jail.

Both women admit they helped Adam bury Jo Ann and Adrienne’s bodies in the backyard, then hid them in the truck’s tool box to take Alex and Kyliyah to Adam while he was hiding in the woods.

Prosecutors also released information on how Jo Ann and Adrienne were murdered.

“He struck her in the head with a 2’ by 4’ and strangled her until she died. After that, he went into the house and killed her 14-year-old daughter, Adrienne, through suffocation,” said Assistant DA Joe Van Dyke.

Dunavent said the two women could still technically face charges in Mississippi, but he doesn’t expect that to happen.

Teresa Mayes says they came up with the idea because the Bain girls were going to move to Arizona the next day, and Adam didn’t want them to. They decided this would be a way to start their own little family.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2013, 02:47:52 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=286507054820356&id=101607396643657

Justice for Jo Ann Thompson Bain and the girls
13 hours ago

Mayes Women Accept Plea Deal
By news admin
Story Created: Aug 9, 2013 at 10:44 AM CDT
Story Updated: Aug 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM CDT
BOLIVAR, Tenn. - Teresa and Mary Mayes reaches a plea agreement in Hardeman County Circuit Court in a kidnapping and murder case.

Teresa Mayes was sentenced to 35 years in jail for two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping and two counts of second degree murder. Mary Mayes was sentenced to 13 and a half years in jail for two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping.

Teresa is the widow of Adam Mayes and Mary was his mother. Adam Mayes reportedly killed Jo Ann Bain and her daughter Adrienne. Authorities said he also kidnapped Kyliyah and Alexandria Bain.

Pauline Perez Has anyone talked to Mark Johnson? May God give him and Mr. Bain the strength to carry on.
11 hours ago via mobile · Like

Mark Johnson No early parole they have to serve 100% of their sentence
11 hours ago via mobile · Like · 6

Mark Johnson Pauline Perez Gary the girls and myself are all fine
11 hours ago via mobile · Like · 3

Pauline Perez Are you ok with the sentence? Do you feel like u got some closure?

Mark Johnson Not really but they didn't get off like I was afraid was going to happen and the girls didn't have to relive it all over again by going to court
11 hours ago via mobile · Like · 9

Pauline Perez That's a blessing. You all will be forever in my prayers
Thank u for sharing this painful part of your life

Mark Johnson We just need it to go away
11 hours ago via mobile · Like · 5

Gary Bain The agreement was 100% of sentence ---- no parole
10 hours ago via mobile · Like · 3

Gary Bain THERE WILL NEVER BE CLOSURE
10 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #203 on: August 10, 2013, 03:04:58 AM »

http://www.wmctv.com/story/23096793/victims-family-doesnt-think-mayes-punishments-are-enough

Victims' family doesn't think Mayes' punishments are enough

Posted: Aug 09, 2013 5:18 PM CDT
Updated: Aug 09, 2013 10:43 PM CDT
By Justin Hanson - bio | email
By Janice Broach - bio | email
Edited by WMCTV.com Staff - email

BOLIVAR, TN -
(WMC-TV) - More than one year after Adam Mayes kidnapped two young girls and killed their mother and sister, family members are relieved it is all finally over.

Teresa and Mary Mayes each reached plea agreements with prosecutors Friday.

Jo Ann's cousin Keetha Watson says the plea agreements are long overdue, but she worries the punishments Teresa and Mary received are not enough.

"I'm glad it's over because now the girls can have peace of mind, and their mother and sister can be at rest," she said. "The women who did this, justice has been prevailed. They got what they deserve. They should have gotten a lot worse."

Mary Mayes was sentenced to 13.5 years in prison for her role in the kidnapping of Jo Ann Bain and her three daughters. Teresa Mayes is 32 years old and will spend the next 35 years of her life in prison.

"I have no sympathy for them, no compassion for them, and they're gonna get what the deserve in the women's penitentiary," said Watson.

Prosecutors feel the punishment for Mary and Teresa Mayes is fair.

"Let's not forget who the real monster is in this. It's Adam Mayes. He's no longer with us," said Hardeman County District Attorney Mike Dunavant.

"I'm really glad its over with. And I'm glad those children didn't have to testify," said resident Brenda Blackard.

Friends of the Bain sisters have lived part of it with them. Brooke Spain says she is best friends with Alexandria.

"I've talked to their dad. They say they're doing a lot better. They're still trying to get over it," said Spain. "It's still a big deal around here even though its been so long. We're all just worried about them."

Mary and Teresa Mayes will be transferred to the Tennessee Department of Correction. They will have to serve 100 percent of their sentences. But still, family members say they feel no punishment is strong enough for what Jo Ann Bain and her daughters had to endure.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2013, 03:15:40 AM »

http://djournal.com/news/mary-and-teresa-mayes-plea-guilty-in-2012-kidnapping/

Mary, Teresa Mayes plead guilty in 2012 kidnapping
Posted on August 9, 2013 by JB Clark in News

BOLIVAR, Tenn. – Mary and Teresa Mayes pleaded guilty today to kidnapping charges, effectively closing the state of Tennessee’s investigation and prosecution into the kidnapping, murder and manhunt that ended in Union County last year.

(s/b Teresa Mayes) Mary Mayes, 32, the wife of Adam Mayes, pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree murder, receiving a 20-year sentence for each count that will be served at the same time or concurrently.

She also received two 15-year sentences for the two charges of especially aggravated kidnapping to be served concurrently.

The 15-year and 20-year sentences are to be served consecutively of each other and at 100 percent, which mean she will be in custody of the Tennessee Department of Corrections custody for 35 years without a chance of early release.

Mary Mayes, Adam Mayes’ mother, pleaded no contest to two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping and was sentenced to 13 1/2 years in the Tennessee Department of Corrections for each count. The two sentences will be served consecutively and at 100 percent.

“As far as the state prosecution for the offenses related to the events in Whiteville, (Tenn.) and Guntown, I’m done,” said District Attorney General Mike Dunavant. “I can’t speak for federal prosecutors or Union County prosecutors.”

District Attorney for Union County Ben Creekmore has not returned calls.

There are no federal charges pending against the Mayes woman at this time according to a spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Western District of Tennessee.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2013, 06:51:37 PM »

http://djournal.com/news/mary-and-teresa-mayes-plea-guilty-in-2012-kidnapping/

Mary, Teresa Mayes plead guilty in 2012 kidnapping
Posted on August 9, 2013 by JB Clark in News

BOLIVAR, Tenn. – Mary and Teresa Mayes pleaded guilty today to kidnapping charges, effectively closing the state of Tennessee’s investigation and prosecution into the kidnapping, murder and manhunt that ended in Union County last year.

(s/b Teresa Mayes) Mary Mayes, 32, the wife of Adam Mayes, pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree murder, receiving a 20-year sentence for each count that will be served at the same time or concurrently.

She also received two 15-year sentences for the two charges of especially aggravated kidnapping to be served concurrently.

The 15-year and 20-year sentences are to be served consecutively of each other and at 100 percent, which mean she will be in custody of the Tennessee Department of Corrections custody for 35 years without a chance of early release.

Mary Mayes, Adam Mayes’ mother, pleaded no contest to two counts of especially aggravated kidnapping and was sentenced to 13 1/2 years in the Tennessee Department of Corrections for each count. The two sentences will be served consecutively and at 100 percent.

“As far as the state prosecution for the offenses related to the events in Whiteville, (Tenn.) and Guntown, I’m done,” said District Attorney General Mike Dunavant. “I can’t speak for federal prosecutors or Union County prosecutors.”

District Attorney for Union County Ben Creekmore has not returned calls.

There are no federal charges pending against the Mayes woman at this time according to a spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Western District of Tennessee.

I can understand the children needing to move on as best they can.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #206 on: August 11, 2013, 04:26:55 AM »

Thank you texasmom for all of the updates     lol

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: August 13, 2013, 11:15:36 PM »

Thank you texasmom for all of the updates     lol

You're welcome Nut!   

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2013, 01:44:50 AM »

So, let me get this right.  Piggy Perp murders 1 mom and daughter and takes 2 youngest daughters on road trip to train them into his life of pervertness.  Did he even know the mother or kids at all? 

So, then perv's mom and a sister? helps him stay hidden until he kills himself? 

Why did they help him? 

This story is sick.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #209 on: August 27, 2013, 06:21:38 AM »

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120512/NEWS/305129956

At one point, Mayes claimed to be the girls’ father. That may be why he spared them, one criminologist said. It also may be that while he wanted to escape prosecution, he didn’t believe the girls were better off dead. He was close to the family, described as an uncle-like figure who smiled cheek-to-cheek with the girls in Facebook photos.

“He probably developed an attachment to them, and even the most vicious of killers can separate the world into people they care about, people they detest and people they don’t care about,” said James Alan Fox, a criminologist at Northeastern University.

Zoo, this may help answer your question.

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #210 on: June 07, 2014, 07:08:59 PM »

At one point, Mayes claimed to be the girls’ father. That may be why he spared them, one criminologist said. It also may be that while he wanted to escape prosecution, he didn’t believe the girls were better off dead. He was close to the family, described as an uncle-like figure who smiled cheek-to-cheek with the girls in Facebook photos.

“He probably developed an attachment to them, and even the most vicious of killers can separate the world into people they care about, people they detest and people they don’t care about,” said James Alan Fox, a criminologist at Northeastern University.

Thanks Sister, I don't know if I could walk away from it, I would want them to get the max. But then again, I've never walked in their shoes.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #211 on: June 10, 2014, 08:45:09 AM »

Thanks Sister, I don't know if I could walk away from it, I would want them to get the max. But then again, I've never walked in their shoes.

you're welcome!  good to see you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.