March 18, 2024, 08:07:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #16 10/5/12 - 1/15/2014  (Read 650006 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #360 on: January 27, 2013, 12:47:16 PM »

Anyone know why she would file in Tampa?  That's too close for me.

<snipped>

The bankruptcy was filed in the Middle District of Florida because Anthony has lived somewhere in central Florida for 180 days. Her parents' address is listed as her home address, though Greene says that she is not living with them. He says that address was listed because it was her most recent permanent address.
<snipped>
http://www.kpho.com/story/20714160/casey-anthony-declares-bankruptcy-talks-exclusively-to-cbs-5

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #361 on: January 27, 2013, 01:21:14 PM »

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/1/27/despite_bankruptcy_f.html

Attorneys set to move forward in Casey Anthony civil cases despite bankruptcy
Last Updated: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 12:23 PM

::snipping2::
It could be a delay tactic for one of her civil cases, namely the Zenaida Gonzalez suit, which was to start in the near future.

Mark NeJame is an attorney who thinks that might be the case.

He was quite surprised when we told him he is listed as one of the creditor in her bankruptcy filing.

“It’s definitely a strategy and a commonly used one," NeJame said. "You see many people filing for bankruptcy to avoid litigation, which could in fact wipe them out or keep them tied up for years.”

NeJame said he's never even spoken to Anthony, although he did briefly represent her parents in the early stages of the murder case.

How will this impact Anthony's civil cases?
Attorneys could continue seeking litigation in bankruptcy court or ask the bankruptcy judge to allow the civil cases to proceed in state court.

Matt Morgan, who represents Gonzalez, said although Anthony has no money, the recent filing will not affect their defamation case.

"We believe that at some point in the future, Casey Anthony will profit from a book, movie, or other related deal,” Morgan said. “It makes logical sense for her to have all of her liabilities discharged before she profits."

Kronk, the meter reader who found Caylee’s remains, is also suing for defamation.

"The lawsuit on behalf of Mr. Kronk always realized that collecting money would be difficult or impossible, but it didn't stop (us) from filing suit to prove that Mr. Kronk had nothing to do with the murder of Caylee Anthony," said Kronk’s attorney Howard Marks.

Only certain debts are discharged in bankruptcy court.

However, the attorneys said they are trying to collect damages they hope are not dischargeable in bankruptcy court.

When Gonzalez and Kronk’s defamation cases go to trial, a jury will determine the exact amount of money they would be awarded.

Even if Anthony does not have the amount at that time, but does sign a movie or book deal within 20 years of the judgment, Gonzalez and Kronk will still collect their sums before Anthony.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #362 on: January 27, 2013, 02:07:17 PM »

My thoughts exactly ...  The more things change, the more they stay the same.  Will be interesting.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: January 27, 2013, 02:28:34 PM »

http://www.myrecordjournal.com/latestnews/article_2c52c35a-68ad-11e2-95e9-001a4bcf887a.html
Casey Anthony files for bankruptcy in Florida
January 27, 2013

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Casey Anthony filed for bankruptcy in Florida on Friday, claiming about $1,100 in assets and $792,000 in liabilities.
Court records show that Anthony, who was acquitted of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee in 2011, sought Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection in federal court in Tampa.
Her listed debts include $500,000 for attorney fees and costs for her criminal defense lawyer during the trial, Jose Baez; $145,660 for the Orange County Sheriff's office for a judgment covering investigative fees and costs related to the case; $68,540 for the Internal Revenue Service for taxes, interest and penalties; and $61,505 for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for court costs
Court papers list Anthony as unemployed, with no recent income.
Anthony lists about 80 creditors in the 60-page court filing. The claims largely cover fees for legal, medical, psychiatric and forensics consulting or services. But one claim covers a debt for scuba diving services.
According to the courts, the aim of seeking Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection is to be discharged of most existing debts - essentially to obtain a fresh financial start. A trustee may have the right to take possession of and sell non-exempt property and use the sale proceeds to pay creditors, but Anthony lists little in the way of assets. A debtor may still be held responsible for some obligations, such as taxes and student loans.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #364 on: January 27, 2013, 05:40:26 PM »

going from memory, did it say that Casey had around $400 as an asset...where did that cash come from since she has no income?

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: January 27, 2013, 08:14:53 PM »

going from memory, did it say that Casey had around $400 as an asset...where did that cash come from since she has no income?

Maybe her parents...
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: January 27, 2013, 08:19:12 PM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20668533,00.html

Casey Anthony Declares Bankruptcy, Reconciles with Her Dad
01/27/2013 at 06:30 PM EST

Anthony tells KPHO that she just wants the civil cases to go away. "These are the things holding me back," she said. "This is the key for me to move forward." She also released two pictures of herself taken in August 2012 with her legal team.

Anthony – one of the most reviled criminal defendants in recent memory – has been living in a condo in Cape Canaveral, Fla., since late last year. In addition to regular contact with her mother, she has also reconciled with her father, George, who she previously accused of molesting her. (The condo was actually leased by George Anthony for his daughter to live in. The family attorney, Mark Lippman, had no comment.)

Creditors of Anthony – including her lawyers, the police, and the IRS – have 30 days to file a claim against her, or her debts to them will be wiped clean.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #367 on: January 27, 2013, 08:39:07 PM »

Anthony tells KPHO that she just wants the civil cases to go away. "These are the things holding me back," she said. "This is the key for me to move forward." She also released two pictures of herself taken in August 2012 with her legal team.

Anthony – one of the most reviled criminal defendants in recent memory – has been living in a condo in Cape Canaveral, Fla., since late last year. In addition to regular contact with her mother, she has also reconciled with her father, George, who she previously accused of molesting her. (The condo was actually leased by George Anthony for his daughter to live in. The family attorney, Mark Lippman, had no comment.)

Creditors of Anthony – including her lawyers, the police, and the IRS – have 30 days to file a claim against her, or her debts to them will be wiped clean.

So....George caved,,,,loser...
And if she can make this debt go away she will have closure...lovely...she doesn't need any closure for murdering her little daughter. I hate this woman.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: January 27, 2013, 08:41:46 PM »

I hope that the police department and the IRS don't let her off the hook.

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #369 on: January 27, 2013, 08:47:05 PM »

So now she will be front and center of her parents life minus that little girl that stood in her way
One happy family! With Casey finality getting all the attention. I'm betting George apologized to her!

Loca
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #370 on: January 27, 2013, 09:12:16 PM »

So....George caved,,,,loser...
And if she can make this debt go away she will have closure...lovely...she doesn't need any closure for murdering her little daughter. I hate this woman.

George caved big time if he rented the condo for her in his name..which means was she actually paying him for the condo fees..it gets more convoluted the more it goes on...the A's have always been out for two things ..the money and to say Casey's arse for more money.  Of course she has no money..all her money was funneled into accounts in others names set up for the purpose of showing that she had no money..hello..before her other trial ended she alraedy knew she was facing another trial with Zenaida.  It is almost too simplistic to be believed..but somehow I think she will wiggle out of this again..no money..no payee to Zenaida.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #371 on: January 27, 2013, 11:28:15 PM »

So now she will be front and center of her parents life minus that little girl that stood in her way
One happy family! With Casey finality getting all the attention. I'm betting George apologized to her!

I have believed since the trial started that everything that came from the defense was scripted. George knew and agreed to be called a molester to cause doubt for the jury...they all knew. It was all an act and the jury fell for it. This act has opened so many unneeded doors for future cases...create a circus and chaos and you get away with murder...scary thought.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #372 on: January 28, 2013, 02:18:11 AM »

I have believed since the trial started that everything that came from the defense was scripted. George knew and agreed to be called a molester to cause doubt for the jury...they all knew. It was all an act and the jury fell for it. This act has opened so many unneeded doors for future cases...create a circus and chaos and you get away with murder...scary thought.

labubske  I agree with you 100%. That time she spent at home when LP bailed her out. They worked on the cover up from start to finish. It was all well planned from the beginning. Just like this I am so poor I have no money. I thought she said she worked and earned the money for her phone and computer. There were hers and no one could take them away. Her phone cost her more than 200 bucks they are saying the value of her computer is. LIE LIE. The whole bunch are scumbags. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #373 on: January 28, 2013, 04:54:19 AM »

BJ's?  Monkey Devil!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #374 on: January 28, 2013, 07:04:24 AM »

labubske  I agree with you 100%. That time she spent at home when LP bailed her out. They worked on the cover up from start to finish. It was all well planned from the beginning. Just like this I am so poor I have no money. I thought she said she worked and earned the money for her phone and computer. There were hers and no one could take them away. Her phone cost her more than 200 bucks they are saying the value of her computer is. LIE LIE. The whole bunch are scumbags. 
an apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Did she make a comment about "the things holding her back?"

That is how she perceives everything in her life - always something holding her back.  Never accountable for anything.  Witch.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: January 28, 2013, 10:06:06 AM »

BJ's?  Monkey Devil!

Lol....at $2 a pop, she has been busy...lol.

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #376 on: January 28, 2013, 11:18:51 AM »

The only closure Casey deserves involves duct tape over her airways...
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: January 28, 2013, 11:47:40 AM »

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Casey-Anthonys-bankruptcy-filing-frustrates-founder-of-Houston-area-non-profit-188607491.html
Casey Anthony's bankruptcy filing frustrates founder of Texas Equusearch
January 27, 2013

Anthony, the Florida mother infamously accused and acquitted of killing her daughter Caylee in a sensational trial, has filed for bankruptcy protection. Her petition claims she owes almost $800,000 to about 80 creditors, with about $500,000 of it owed to her lead defense attorney.
But the bankruptcy filing in federal court also basically freezes all lawsuits filed against her in state courts, including a suit filed by Texas Equusearch, a non-profit group that helps law enforcement authorities hunt for missing people.
“We did a massive search for little Caylee,” said Tim Miller, the Santa Fe man who founded the group. “And we had over 4200 volunteers come in from all over the country.  Equusearch itself spent a little over $119,000 on that search.”
Anthony’s defense attorney claimed in court that Caylee drowned in the family swimming pool a month before she was reported missing and that her parents merely covered up her death.
Prosecutors claimed Anthony killed her daughter with chloroform, covered her nose and mouth with duct tape, then dumped her body in some woods near her home.
Under either scenario, Anthony would have known her daughter was dead while thousands of volunteers wasted their time searching for her. So Equusearch sued Anthony, hoping to recover the money it spent on the fruitless search.
Anthony claims in her bankruptcy petition that she has no income, but she could collect a bonanza from a book or movie deal. Indeed, some legal analysts believe she’s asked for Chapter 7 protection to wipe out her debts before banking a windfall.
Bankruptcy filings are also routinely used as a legal tactic employed by attorneys trying to delay trials of lawsuits filed in state courts. In this case it will become difficult, perhaps impossible, for Equusearch to ever collect any money from Anthony.
“I don’t know what my next option is, but it’s not over,” Miller said.  “And it’s not over for Casey.”

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #378 on: January 28, 2013, 12:15:16 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #379 on: January 28, 2013, 12:50:10 PM »

The only closure Casey deserves involves duct tape over her airways...
Absolutely!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.