March 18, 2024, 09:19:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #16 10/5/12 - 1/15/2014  (Read 650017 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #640 on: May 15, 2013, 09:46:24 AM »

Don't worry ladies, they can always get a change of venue. Maybe a little county over by Tampa.

Oh yes we know how smart they are over there don't we. 

<----------     Sums it up for me too!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: May 30, 2013, 11:34:05 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-bankruptcy-hearing-20130530,0,4584993.story
Casey Anthony bankruptcy hearing today
May 30, 2013

Casey Anthony's bankruptcy will return to court in Tampa this afternoon, when a judge will hear argument on how — and where — the two defamation lawsuits against her should proceed.

Today's hearing starts at 3 p.m.

The suits, brought by Zenaida Gonzalez and Roy Kronk, were halted in their tracks by Anthony's January Chapter 7 filing, which she hopes ultimately will end them for good.

Gonzalez and Kronk are both listed as creditors in Anthony's bankruptcy, but because the suits haven't been resolved, it's unclear what, if anything, she owes them.

The parties don't agree on how to settle that question: Anthony's lawyers want a judge in federal court to rule on the suits, likely the quicker alternative.

Gonzalez and Kronk want jury trials in state circuit court, where the Gonzalez claim was well on its way to trial before the Anthony's bankruptcy filing.

They also want the judge to extend the deadline for them to object to Anthony's bankruptcy discharge until after the suits are wrapped up at the state level.

Anthony's legal team argues both lawsuits are frivolous, and it would be "unfair and unjust to delay or deny her the 'fresh start' that she has legally sought" through bankruptcy.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: May 30, 2013, 11:36:50 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/5/30/hearing_today_in_cas.html
Hearing today in Casey Anthony's bankruptcy case
May 30, 2013

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #643 on: May 30, 2013, 05:41:09 PM »

Thanks Muffy for the up date. Not sure my blood pressure is ready to hear more dang lies from her legal team. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: May 30, 2013, 06:13:05 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-bankruptcy-hearing-20130530,0,4584993.story

Casey Anthony bankruptcy hearing ends without ruling
Judge set to rule in about three weeks
4:33 p.m. EDT, May 30, 2013

TAMPA -- The debate continued Thursday on what's next for the defamation lawsuits against Casey Anthony, but nothing was decided after an hour-long hearing in bankruptcy court.

U.S. Bankruptcy Judge K. Rodney May said he hopes to rule in about three weeks on whether the Zenaida Gonzalez and Roy Kronk lawsuits, both halted by Anthony's January Chapter 7 filing, can continue in their march toward jury trials in state circuit court.

That's what Gonzalez and Kronk want. Scott Shuker, one of Gonzalez's attorneys, argued his client's case has been developing at the state level for years, and all the witnesses are in Orlando.

"The only place to liquidate this is a jury trial," he said, adding the defamation claim is "purely an issue of state law, nobody disputes that."

All the Gonzalez lawyers have left to do before trial is depose Anthony, Shuker said, something they were unable to do before her criminal appeals ended, and with those, her Fifth Amendment right not to testify.

But Anthony attorney Debra Ferwerda countered that her legal team disagrees: That right hasn't necessarily gone away, she said, and "that's a huge issue, your honor, that's going to take lengthy litigation," which means the Gonzalez suit isn't close to trial.

The Anthony team said it would prefer to have a federal judge rule on whether the Kronk and Gonzalez suits are dischargeable claims -- ones her bankruptcy would wipe away -- before determining their merits.

But the judge said that, too, could be difficult if Anthony insists on staying silent. He said the Anthony team was sending a "mixed message," by arguing for expediency, but also promising a long legal fight on the Fifth Amendment issue.

"I'm at a loss, really," May said.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #645 on: May 30, 2013, 10:50:05 PM »

I see that CA attorneys are still up to the same old crap. Just keep throwing up stuff to delay delay. They want it all there way. I sure hope the federal & this judge  judge has a set to tell them NO. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #646 on: May 30, 2013, 11:38:29 PM »

I see that CA attorneys are still up to the same old crap. Just keep throwing up stuff to delay delay. They want it all there way. I sure hope the federal & this judge  judge has a set to tell them NO. 
Me too Green Eyes, me too!
Just say NO!

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #647 on: June 10, 2013, 07:24:08 PM »

Posting here too so it gets seen;
6/10/13   Caylee's Law becomes law in Alabama

"Caylee's Law, approved by lawmakers in the recent legislative session, goes into effect on Aug. 1. Gov. Robert Bentley held a ceremonial bill signing for the legislation today"

http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/06/caylees_law_becomes_law_in_ala.html
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #648 on: June 10, 2013, 07:35:05 PM »

Posting here too so it gets seen;
6/10/13   Caylee's Law becomes law in Alabama

"Caylee's Law, approved by lawmakers in the recent legislative session, goes into effect on Aug. 1. Gov. Robert Bentley held a ceremonial bill signing for the legislation today"

http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/06/caylees_law_becomes_law_in_ala.html
Yea Alagary I saw that on al.com today!!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: June 20, 2013, 12:31:11 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-bankruptcy-hiding-20130619,0,1668094.story

Casey Anthony may 'disappear' if lawsuits proceed in state court, her bankruptcy attorneys say
5:18 p.m. EDT, June 19, 2013

Casey Anthony's bankruptcy attorneys said in recently filed court documents that if the lawsuits against her proceed in state court, she will be forced to find a new home and may "simply disappear."

Kronk and Gonzalez want their claims to proceed in Orange County Circuit Court.

Anthony's bankruptcy attorneys, in a memorandum filed June 10, said if the cases proceed in state court, their client will suffer.

"She will either defend the cases or be forced to default because she has no money," the attorneys argued. "She will be lampooned in the press. The death threats will again increase. She will be forced to find new accommodations, or just simply disappear and say it is not worth the fight anymore."

The next hearing in Anthony's bankruptcy case is scheduled for Tuesday.
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #650 on: June 20, 2013, 12:54:26 PM »

What are the legal repercussions of hiding from a civil case?
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #651 on: June 20, 2013, 05:26:26 PM »

Have no clue alagary.  But I am sure her lawyers will come up with something to get her out of it if she does another disappearing act.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #652 on: June 21, 2013, 06:17:20 AM »

Have no clue alagary.  But I am sure her lawyers will come up with something to get her out of it if she does another disappearing act.
Wonder if we could suggest a place for her to go . . . Aruba perhaps . . . or maybe straight to hell.

alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #653 on: June 21, 2013, 05:13:31 PM »

6/21/13  Attorneys want to depose Casey Anthony, her parents, in July

"Attorneys for Texas EquuSearch, the organization that spearheaded several massive searches for Caylee Marie Anthony in 2008, filed notice that they want to depose her mother Casey Anthony next month.

The non-profit's lawyer, Peter D. Russin, filed notice in Tampa bankruptcy court that he also wants to question her parents George and Cindy Anthony under oath
"

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-bankruptcy-deposition-20130621,0,879200.story
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #654 on: June 21, 2013, 05:24:53 PM »

"Attorneys for Texas EquuSearch, the organization that spearheaded several massive searches for Caylee Marie Anthony in 2008, filed notice that they want to depose her mother Casey Anthony next month.

The non-profit's lawyer, Peter D. Russin, filed notice in Tampa bankruptcy court that he also wants to question her parents George and Cindy Anthony under oath
"

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-bankruptcy-deposition-20130621,0,879200.story

The attorneys for EquuSearch  really think ( under oath) means any thing to these scum bag lying  butt heads

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #655 on: June 22, 2013, 03:05:56 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: June 23, 2013, 12:52:59 AM »

"

The attorneys for EquuSearch  really think ( under oath) means any thing to these scum bag lying  butt heads

You've got that right. I believe they both lied under oath. And got away with it.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #657 on: June 23, 2013, 01:05:52 PM »

I know that when our client disappeared on us (drug use - long story) the court just tried the case without him and then he had a judgment against him. The plaintiff took his house, his car and everything else he owned - now he still has a judgement against him and each year I hear that the plaintiff files a claim against his tax returns. In Michigan, you can renew a judgment every 7 years forever and keep hunting them down. The bankruptcy may change that but if she hides, it may not be discharged.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #658 on: June 23, 2013, 03:15:09 PM »

I know that when our client disappeared on us (drug use - long story) the court just tried the case without him and then he had a judgment against him. The plaintiff took his house, his car and everything else he owned - now he still has a judgement against him and each year I hear that the plaintiff files a claim against his tax returns. In Michigan, you can renew a judgment every 7 years forever and keep hunting them down. The bankruptcy may change that but if she hides, it may not be discharged.
I approve this message!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #659 on: June 24, 2013, 11:40:07 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/casey-anthony-attorneys-fight-defamation-lawsuits-/nYTRR/

Posted: 8:44 p.m. Monday, June 24, 2013
Casey Anthony attorneys to fight defamation lawsuits Tuesday

TAMPA, Fla. —
Attorneys for Casey Anthony will be in Tampa Tuesday to fight two civil lawsuits against her.

A judge could grant Anthony bankruptcy, which would throw out the lawsuits.

At the hearing, the bankruptcy trustee will also ask a judge to demand that Anthony turn over her personal computer.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.