March 28, 2024, 08:22:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #16 10/5/12 - 1/15/2014  (Read 650597 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: January 23, 2013, 04:58:32 PM »

I wasn't one of the 3.3 million people that watched it.    

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/prosecuting-casey-anthony-tv-ratings-lifetime/
Lifetime’s ‘Prosecuting Casey Anthony’ Draws 3.3 Million Viewers
January 23, 2013

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #321 on: January 23, 2013, 07:38:53 PM »

Interesting q&a Rob Lowe on guilt/innocence of Casey:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/01/18/rob-lowe-talks-prosecuting-casey-anthony-running-for-office/?intcmp=features

QA: Rob Lowe on 'Prosecuting Casey Anthony,' running for office
By Nicki Gostin
Published January 18, 2013
FoxNews.com

Thanks---that was interesting.  He is a good actor and intelligent.  Still cute too.   
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #322 on: January 23, 2013, 07:47:39 PM »

January 23, 2013

Me either---I forgot all about it. lol    "The jury is still out" on the jury's decision, as far as I'm concerned.  Ashton et al did a marvelous job, in my view. The Defense, on the other hand, did not impress. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: January 23, 2013, 07:54:25 PM »

January 23, 2013

Me either---I forgot all about it. lol    "The jury is still out" on the jury's decision, as far as I'm concerned.  Ashton et al did a marvelous job, in my view. The Defense, on the other hand, did not impress. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #324 on: January 25, 2013, 11:23:40 AM »

Appeals court judges uphold her convictions on two charges of lying to Police.   
They also ruled there was no Miranda violation, she was not under arrest at the time, as Baez claimed.
Bring it on Zenaida! 

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/casey-anthony-appeal-lying-conviction-tuesday/nTpR3/
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #325 on: January 25, 2013, 11:54:47 AM »

Unfreaking believable! 

2 out of the 4 are set aside due to double jeopardy!

http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/Casey-Anthony-Appeals-court-sets-aside-2-of-4-convictions/-/13479888/18278734/-/qvcrhz/-/index.html

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: January 25, 2013, 01:27:34 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-lying-convictions-20130125,0,1177220.story
12:04 p.m. EST, January 25, 2013
Casey Anthony: Appeal court tosses two of four charges

<snipped>
The appeal court found that Anthony could properly be convicted of two counts of providing false information to a law-enforcement officer.

The appeal court said the four false statements were made by Anthony during her interview with Orange County Sheriff's Detective Yuri Melich at her family's home.

Two of the lies were repeated to Melich in a later interview at Universal Studios, where Anthony claimed she worked and took detectives.

"In light of the significant temporal break between Appellant's two interviews with Detective Melich, we determine that each interview in which false information was given (or repeated) constituted a separate criminal episode," the appeal court ruled.

But of the Anthony defense's two main arguments, the appeal court rejected one: That Anthony was under arrest when she lied to authorities searching for her daughter in 2008.

Though she had briefly been handcuffed and put into a Sheriff's Office vehicle, "we conclude that a reasonable person in [Anthony]'s position would not believe 'that his or her freedom was curtailed to a degree associated with actual arrest,'" the panel ruled.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: January 25, 2013, 01:44:25 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/content/news/cfnews13/news/article.html/content/news/articles/cfn/2013/1/25/casey_anthony_2_of_4.html
Casey Anthony gets 2 of 4 convictions for lying dismissed
Last Updated: Friday, January 25, 2013, 1:23 PM

<snipped>
Greene said Friday that a status hearing is now tentatively scheduled for August to determine if attorneys are ready to begin the civil trial at that time.

Gonzalez, a Kissimmee woman who had never met Casey Anthony, is suing her for defamation, claiming her life was ruined after Casey said Caylee was kidnapped by a nanny with the same name.

Gonzalez's attorneys had been struggling to depose Casey, who refused to answer their questions after her civil attorneys said any answers could have jeopardized her appeal.

"There will be arguments at some point that the Fifth Amendment rights of Ms. Anthony have gone away, and that people can ask her more detailed questions about what happened that night," said Greene. "

"It brings us one step closer to the resolution of Zenaida's trial," said Gonzalez' attorney, Matt Morgan. "At this point what it means, in all likelihood we are going to be able to obtain the testimony of Casey Anthony, which is what we have wanted since the beginning of this trial. We want to hear how Zenaida was brought into this and get direct testimony from Casey."

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #328 on: January 25, 2013, 01:47:19 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-casey-anthony-lying-convictions-20130125,0,1177220.story
12:04 p.m. EST, January 25, 2013

<snipped>
The appeal court found that Anthony could properly be convicted of two counts of providing false information to a law-enforcement officer.

The appeal court said the four false statements were made by Anthony during her interview with Orange County Sheriff's Detective Yuri Melich at her family's home.

Two of the lies were repeated to Melich in a later interview at Universal Studios, where Anthony claimed she worked and took detectives.

"In light of the significant temporal break between Appellant's two interviews with Detective Melich, we determine that each interview in which false information was given (or repeated) constituted a separate criminal episode," the appeal court ruled.

But of the Anthony defense's two main arguments, the appeal court rejected one: That Anthony was under arrest when she lied to authorities searching for her daughter in 2008.

Though she had briefly been handcuffed and put into a Sheriff's Office vehicle, "we conclude that a reasonable person in [Anthony]'s position would not believe 'that his or her freedom was curtailed to a degree associated with actual arrest,'" the panel ruled.

YES! At least two were uphold. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #329 on: January 25, 2013, 02:57:09 PM »

She will not be able to refuse to answer questions now !!  I'm thinking if anyone can get to the truth of the matter, it is Morgan & Co. !!!!!  Yea Zenaida!
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #330 on: January 25, 2013, 03:07:30 PM »

She won't take the stand. She's too much of a coward for that.  I hope Zenaida gets all her Dr Phil money, all her current income and future earnings, so she can retire from work, go on a cruise and get a nice condo, then pay off the mortgage- just like the Anthonys..
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #331 on: January 25, 2013, 11:32:52 PM »

Next step?  Fight the ruling by asking for a rehearing or appeal to Florida Supreme Court? 

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/25/appeals-court-upholds-two-anthonys-convictions
In appeals court, Casey Anthony wins -- and loses
updated 2:12 PM EST, Fri January 25, 2013

::snipping2::
Anthony’s attorney, Cheney Mason tells In Session correspondent Jean Casarez that when he called Anthony to tell her about the ruling, she was grateful that two of the convictions were overturned. She also agreed with her attorney to keep fighting.

Mason  says he will discuss their next legal move with attorney Lisabeth Fryer, who was also on Anthony’s defense team in her criminal trial. Mason says he has concerns about what he calls “factual inaccuracies” in the appellate court ruling.

In Session's legal experts say Anthony's next step will likely be to ask the appellate court for a rehearing.
-------------------
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/25/court-strikes-two-casey-anthony-convictions/
Court strikes two Casey Anthony convictions
January 25th, 2013 12:03 PM ET

Two of Casey Anthony's convictions of providing "false information to a law enforcement officer during a missing person investigation" were
 thrown out today, while an additional two convictions on the same counts were upheld by Florida's 5th District Court of Appeal.

Casey Anthony's lawyer Cheney Mason tells In Session correspondent Jean Casarez that when he called Anthony to tell her the ruling, Anthony said, "We keep fighting."

The next step in the process would be to appeal the remaining two convictions to the Florida Supreme Court.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: January 25, 2013, 11:36:51 PM »

6:39 p.m. EST, January 25, 2013

In a statement issued in response to the appeal court's ruling, State Attorney Jeff Ashton said: "We are pleased that they have affirmed the ruling of Judge Perry that the deputies of the Orange County Sheriff acted properly during their interactions with Ms. Anthony. We understand and respect the ruling of the court in connection with the multiple false statements made by Ms. Anthony."

The resolution of Anthony's criminal appeal is also notable to Zenaida Gonzalez, the Kissimmee woman suing Anthony for defamation.

Anthony has avoided questioning in the defamation case by citing her right against self-incrimination during the criminal appeal.

"This is significant because she is no longer able to avoid answering our questions by asserting her fifth amendment privilege. Meaning, she will be compelled to testify at trial," said Gonzalez's attorney Matt Morgan. "We look forward to getting answers to questions we have had since the summer of 2008. The wheels of justice grind slowly but exceedingly fine."
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #333 on: January 26, 2013, 01:12:52 AM »

6:39 p.m. EST, January 25, 2013

In a statement issued in response to the appeal court's ruling, State Attorney Jeff Ashton said: "We are pleased that they have affirmed the ruling of Judge Perry that the deputies of the Orange County Sheriff acted properly during their interactions with Ms. Anthony. We understand and respect the ruling of the court in connection with the multiple false statements made by Ms. Anthony."

The resolution of Anthony's criminal appeal is also notable to Zenaida Gonzalez, the Kissimmee woman suing Anthony for defamation.

Anthony has avoided questioning in the defamation case by citing her right against self-incrimination during the criminal appeal.

"This is significant because she is no longer able to avoid answering our questions by asserting her fifth amendment privilege. Meaning, she will be compelled to testify at trial," said Gonzalez's attorney Matt Morgan. "We look forward to getting answers to questions we have had since the summer of 2008. The wheels of justice grind slowly but exceedingly fine."

Honestly i couldnt care less about this. Who cares if she gets off on lying to law enforcement when she got off on killing her child. Stupid fning jury. Those idiots deserve to be shunned forever just like her.
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #334 on: January 26, 2013, 10:19:01 AM »

I care.
Now that those appeals have been settled she can no longer hide behind the 5th amendment at trial.
That means Zenaida, Tim Miller and Roy Kronk can take her down....    I hope she pays out every cent
of blood money she has made in civil case settlements! 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: January 26, 2013, 10:26:17 AM »

I care too. Anything that can bring anything at all down on Casey Anthony's head is good imo.   

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #336 on: January 26, 2013, 11:47:35 AM »

I HAD to watch a downloaded copy of the movie last night.
I knew one of the " jurors ". Had a good laff with her yesterday about the verdict.
Jeff Ashton came up to Canada and met them ( the "extras ") while they were filming.
She thought he was very nice, they got his autographs.
From my viewpoint,
It was BORING, don't know what anyone else would think if they didn't know so much about the case.   
ps the actor playing Jose wasn't slimy enough.
kcrn
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #337 on: January 26, 2013, 11:50:37 AM »

I care too. Anything that can bring anything at all down on Casey Anthony's head is good imo.   
No i do care that she got away with anything, dont get me wrong. But what i mean is that its just sickening to me that she got away with killing her baby & she still has the nerve to fight the charges that were basically unpunishable. Those charges cant bring her any of the misery she deserves. I wonder if she can be forced to testify in the civil trials since she didnt have to in her criminal trial.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #338 on: January 26, 2013, 12:13:58 PM »

She will not be able to refuse to answer questions now !!  I'm thinking if anyone can get to the truth of the matter, it is Morgan & Co. !!!!!  Yea Zenaida!

She's just going to lie during this trial as well.  She's never going to admit anything.  She's an Anthony, she'll come out smelling like roses as usual.  Sorry for my cynicism.   

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: January 26, 2013, 12:16:10 PM »

No i do care that she got away with anything, dont get me wrong. But what i mean is that its just sickening to me that she got away with killing her baby & she still has the nerve to fight the charges that were basically unpunishable. Those charges cant bring her any of the misery she deserves. I wonder if she can be forced to testify in the civil trials since she didnt have to in her criminal trial.

Yes kcrn, I agree it really IS sickening to me too Casey got away with killing Caylee.  I'm not sure she'll ever see the misery she deserves either, but in the meantime, I hope something starts sticking to teflon Casey.  Sometimes all it takes it a tiny bit here and a tiny bit there and perhaps there will be something unraveled.  I can hope.  You've an interesting point, and I don't know the answer to that.  (see my bold)  Maybe we'll be hearing something about that soon. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.