March 29, 2024, 07:00:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #16 10/5/12 - 1/15/2014  (Read 650747 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #820 on: October 04, 2013, 01:09:50 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-wants-lawsuits-dismissed-20131004,0,7294709.story
Casey Anthony asks judge to toss 'spurious' suits so she can get a 'fresh start'
Anthony lawyers want Gonzalez, Kronk suits dismissed.
 By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
9:59 a.m. EDT, October 4, 2013

Casey Anthony's lawyers filed a pair of motions on Thursday, asking a federal judge to throw out two defamation claims against her so she can get another step closer to a "fresh start" through bankruptcy.

Two people suing Anthony for defamation, Zenaida Gonzalez and Roy Kronk, filed complaints in federal court in July seeking to prevent her Chapter 7 bankruptcy from wiping away their claims against her.

In new filings, Anthony's lawyers write the suits are "spurious" publicity stunts. Both complaints, the motions say, fail to establish "willful and malicious" acts by Anthony, which is the only way they could pass muster.

"This travesty has gone on long enough," Anthony's lawyers argue in both new motions. "Ms. Anthony implores the Court to end this matter so she can begin the fresh start she is promised by the law."
<snipped>

Fresh start my a##,and the travesty is the fact that Caylee lost  her life at the hands of that witch.JMO   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #821 on: October 04, 2013, 01:50:43 PM »

How I wish that there was someone who could have brought a civil suit against the witch.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #822 on: October 04, 2013, 02:17:42 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-wants-lawsuits-dismissed-20131004,0,7294709.story
Casey Anthony asks judge to toss 'spurious' suits so she can get a 'fresh start'

Casey Anthony's lawyers filed a pair of motions on Thursday, asking a federal judge to throw out two defamation claims against her so she can get another step closer to a "fresh start" through bankruptcy.

Two people suing Anthony for defamation, Zenaida Gonzalez and Roy Kronk, filed complaints in federal court in July seeking to prevent her Chapter 7 bankruptcy from wiping away their claims against her.

In new filings, Anthony's lawyers write the suits are "spurious" publicity stunts. Both complaints, the motions say, fail to establish "willful and malicious" acts by Anthony, which is the only way they could pass muster.

"This travesty has gone on long enough," Anthony's lawyers argue in both new motions. "Ms. Anthony implores the Court to end this matter so she can begin the fresh start she is promised by the law."
<snipped>

Fresh start my a##,and the travesty is the fact that Caylee lost  her life at the hands of that witch.JMO   

I don't remember her being promised a fresh start. Only getting away with taking Caylees life. She should be sitting in jail on death row.   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #823 on: October 04, 2013, 05:43:50 PM »

<snipped>

I don't remember her being promised a fresh start. Only getting away with taking Caylees life. She should be sitting in jail on death row.   

She sure should be!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #824 on: October 05, 2013, 03:22:00 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #825 on: October 05, 2013, 06:25:48 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #826 on: October 06, 2013, 10:36:03 PM »

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #827 on: October 07, 2013, 08:45:37 AM »

For some reason, I was thinking about her trial this week and how stupid those jurors really were.

Some things make no sense...
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #828 on: October 07, 2013, 08:52:53 AM »

For some reason, I was thinking about her trial this week and how stupid those jurors really were.

I was thinking the same thing Cadi.  I put some of the blame on the stupidity of the jurors and some of it on the judge.  This case is a prime example of a trial by jury that got it wrong.  JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #829 on: October 07, 2013, 09:19:10 AM »

How I wish that there was someone who could have brought a civil suit against the witch.

There are two civil suits pending, awaiting a decision from the Judge as to whether they can proceed - she is trying to get them thrown out with her bankruptcy claim.    She just settled the case with Tim Miller from TES- the court doesn't seem concerned that she keeps coming up with money while she claims to be broke.
Seems like that would be the first thing the Judge would want to know!   
First she purchased back the rights to her life story for $25K - now she has found some more money to pay Tim.
I doubt we'll ever learn the financial details of this settlement...
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #830 on: October 07, 2013, 12:11:08 PM »

There are two civil suits pending, awaiting a decision from the Judge as to whether they can proceed - she is trying to get them thrown out with her bankruptcy claim.    She just settled the case with Tim Miller from TES- the court doesn't seem concerned that she keeps coming up with money while she claims to be broke.
Seems like that would be the first thing the Judge would want to know!   
First she purchased back the rights to her life story for $25K - now she has found some more money to pay Tim.
I doubt we'll ever learn the financial details of this settlement...

Thanks Western,

I guess what I was thinking was about the wrongful death of her precious daughter brought against her like Nicole's family did with OJ.  I wish Caylee's father's family had the chance to sue her big butt.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #831 on: October 07, 2013, 03:36:40 PM »

I was thinking the same thing Cadi.  I put some of the blame on the stupidity of the jurors and some of it on the judge.  This case is a prime example of a trial by jury that got it wrong.  JMHO

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #832 on: October 07, 2013, 03:41:25 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-wants-deposition-blocked-20131007,0,174246.story
Casey Anthony asks judge to block deposition
Zenaida Gonzalez's lawyers planned to question Anthony on Wednesday.

3:16 p.m. EDT, October 7, 2013

Attorneys for Casey Anthony have asked her Chapter 7 bankruptcy judge to prevent her from having to answer the questions of a woman suing her for defamation, Zenaida Gonzalez.

Gonzalez's attorneys scheduled Anthony for a deposition on Wednesday. But in a new motion, Anthony's attorneys argue the question-and-answer session shouldn't happen.

Referring to Gonzalez as a "principal orchestrator of the media circus," her lawyers write that Gonzalez's claim lacks merit, and the deposition was scheduled without their consultation.

"Gonzalez has used a lawsuit... as a platform for publicity and other purposes ulterior to and detrimental to the judicial process," the motion states.

The motion also says that, if the deposition is allowed to move forward, Anthony would decline to answer questions about her daughter's death, citing her Fifth Amendment rights.
<snipped>

Wrong...the Anthony's created the circus.... 

~ Peter Frampton
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #833 on: October 07, 2013, 05:58:48 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-wants-deposition-blocked-20131007,0,174246.story
Casey Anthony asks judge to block deposition
Zenaida Gonzalez's lawyers planned to question Anthony on Wednesday.

3:16 p.m. EDT, October 7, 2013

Attorneys for Casey Anthony have asked her Chapter 7 bankruptcy judge to prevent her from having to answer the questions of a woman suing her for defamation, Zenaida Gonzalez.

Gonzalez's attorneys scheduled Anthony for a deposition on Wednesday. But in a new motion, Anthony's attorneys argue the question-and-answer session shouldn't happen.

Referring to Gonzalez as a "principal orchestrator of the media circus," her lawyers write that Gonzalez's claim lacks merit, and the deposition was scheduled without their consultation.

"Gonzalez has used a lawsuit... as a platform for publicity and other purposes ulterior to and detrimental to the judicial process," the motion states.

The motion also says that, if the deposition is allowed to move forward, Anthony would decline to answer questions about her daughter's death, citing her Fifth Amendment rights.
<snipped>

Wrong...the Anthony's created the circus.... 

Uhhhh- why would she decline to answer questions about Caylee's death?  She said she drowned accidentally and her father disposed of the precious baby.

She should not have any rights as to NOT answer anything.

Liar liar pants on fire.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #834 on: October 09, 2013, 03:03:43 PM »

So, anyone know what happened about Casey's scheduled deposition that was to be today?

I know her lawyers tried to block it by filing motions recently, but I never heard any outcome of those.

Anyone have a scoop?

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #835 on: October 09, 2013, 03:31:26 PM »

So, anyone know what happened about Casey's scheduled deposition that was to be today?

I know her lawyers tried to block it by filing motions recently, but I never heard any outcome of those.

Anyone have a scoop?

I wish I knew Brandi. I was wondering the same thing. Maybe a more knowing Monkey will have an answer.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #836 on: October 09, 2013, 06:21:39 PM »

Anyone have a scoop?

I wish I knew Brandi. I was wondering the same thing. Maybe a more knowing Monkey will have an answer.

I was checking in to see if there was any news.  Inquiring monkey minds want to know!!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #837 on: October 09, 2013, 09:57:42 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/casey-anthonys-deposition-in-defamation-lawsuit-canceled/-/1637132/22313982/-/run3sk/-/index.html

Casey Anthony's deposition in defamation lawsuit canceled
Published On: Oct 07 2013 12:17:34 PM EDT

ORLANDO, Fla. - 
Casey Anthony's deposition has been canceled after a motion is filed for the delay/cancellation of her deposition in a defamation lawsuit, according to attorneys.

Zenaida Gonzalez is suing Anthony for defamation, saying her reputation was damaged after Anthony claimed her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, was kidnapped in 2008 by a nanny with a similar name -- Zenaida Gonzalez.

According to the motion filed Friday, Anthony's attorneys argue that Gonzalez's attorney did not properly notify them of the October 9 deposition. Matt Morgan, Gonzalez's attorney, tells Local 6 Wednesday's scheduled deposition has been canceled due to the filing of the motion for protective order.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #838 on: October 09, 2013, 10:17:25 PM »

Video and video transcript (in all caps) at the link.  I'm afraid this is not good news.

http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/Attorneys-abandon-Casey-Anthony-depositions/-/13479888/22321222/-/og29u4/-/index.html

Attorneys abandon Casey Anthony depositions
UPDATED 6:38 PM EDT Oct 07, 2013

TODAY GONZALEZ'S ATTORNEY MATT MORGAN CONFIRMS THEY'RE NO LONGER GOING TO TRY TO DEPOSE CASEY ANTHONY ON WEDNESDAY. INSTEAD THEY'RE TURNING THEIR ATTENTION TO A HEARING NEXT MONTH WHERE ANTHONY'S LAWYERS WILL ASK THAT FEDERAL COURT JUDGE TO WIPE OUT GONZALEZ AND ROY KRONK'S LAWSUITS FOR GOOD
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #839 on: October 09, 2013, 11:13:13 PM »

Video and video transcript (in all caps) at the link.  I'm afraid this is not good news.

http://www.wesh.com/news/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/Attorneys-abandon-Casey-Anthony-depositions/-/13479888/22321222/-/og29u4/-/index.html

Attorneys abandon Casey Anthony depositions
UPDATED 6:38 PM EDT Oct 07, 2013

TODAY GONZALEZ'S ATTORNEY MATT MORGAN CONFIRMS THEY'RE NO LONGER GOING TO TRY TO DEPOSE CASEY ANTHONY ON WEDNESDAY. INSTEAD THEY'RE TURNING THEIR ATTENTION TO A HEARING NEXT MONTH WHERE ANTHONY'S LAWYERS WILL ASK THAT FEDERAL COURT JUDGE TO WIPE OUT GONZALEZ AND ROY KRONK'S LAWSUITS FOR GOOD

Thank you!

Been looking all day for news on this.

There isn't even anything about it on Matt Morgan's Twitter page. (https://twitter.com/MattMorganESQ)

Agreed, another huge disappointment.

It just never ends.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.