March 19, 2024, 02:15:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Isabel Mercedes Celis missing #2 5/25/12 - (Body Found)  (Read 178781 times)
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #200 on: December 05, 2012, 08:26:21 AM »

Video at link

http://nbclatino.com/2012/10/22/tucson-missing-girls-parents-frustrated-with-lack-of-leads-after-six-months/

Tucson missing girl’s parents frustrated with lack of leads after six months
5:41 pm on 10/22/2012

It has been six months since Isabel Celis disappeared from her east side home. Her seventh birthday has come and gone and still no sign of her.

Her parents told investigators they last saw her before she went to bed on Friday, April 20th and reported her missing the next morning. A massive search ensued, one that made national headlines.

Tucson police reported receiving more than 1,000 tips but all came up empty.

As the months have gone by Rebecca and Sergio Celis continue to struggle with not knowing what happened to their daughter.

At this point they admit they have grown very frustrated with the investigation, one that has even cast suspicion over Sergio Celis. “I can’t understand at the six month point how they have absolutely nothing, to have nothing, and if it was me, why wouldn’t they have me gone already, I’m not afraid to say that”, Celis said, “Even Becky (Rebecca Celis) says it to everyone, c’mon, when are we going to move on this, digging in the same hole. Can we get out there, because she is not here, in the first three days of the investigation of staying here, she’s not here, she hasn’t been here since the moment she has been gone from this house.”

Rebecca Celis says they now have very little contact with the police and their frustration is reaching the breaking point, “Its very frustrating”, she said, “it’s hard to not know where the investigation is.” ::snipping2::

As opposed to "it's hard not knowing where our daughter is"??!   
BBM     What a thing to say considering the circumstances!
. I can't help it, as much as I fight it, these people have given me an Anthony family vibe from day 1.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2013, 12:29:08 AM »

Video at link

http://www.kvoa.com/news/isabel-celis-missing-300-days-family-still-hopeful-for-safe-return/#!prettyPhoto/0/

Isabel Celis missing 300 days, family still hopeful for safe return
Posted: Feb 15, 2013 2:06 PM by Sam Salzwedel
Updated: Feb 15, 2013 2:06 PM

TUCSON - It has been 300 days since Isabel Celis went missing.

Isa's parents, Becky and Sergio Celis, have returned to work and are still raising their 2 sons.

"It's been as long as it has been and not to have her back," Becky Celis said, "that's harder for me."

They say they do not have any problems with people like coworkers asking about the case.

"They're just extremely supportive," Sergio Celis said, "and they leave it up to me if I want to mention anything or say anything."
 ::snipping2::
They have hired private investigators and try to talk to Tucson Police every few weeks.

The parents have no feelings or guesses about where Isa might be.

There are no major updates in the case, but police still have staff working full-time on the investigation, according to Tucson Police.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #202 on: February 26, 2013, 04:58:09 PM »

thank you for the update.
I still think the parents know a whole lot more than has ever been said.
JMO

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #203 on: February 26, 2013, 06:50:45 PM »

thank you for the update.
I still think the parents know a whole lot more than has ever been said.
JMO

(Bolded by me)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: April 24, 2013, 11:26:14 PM »

http://www.kvoa.com/news/one-year-later-celis-family-keeps-their-faith/
One year later: Celis family keeps their faith
April 18, 2013

TUCSON - As time passes it's easy for hope to fade, but in this dark time nearly one year after the disappearance for their daughter Isabel, the Celis family clings to their faith keeping hope alive.
On Sunday, events begin with a Mass at 9:15 at Saint Joseph's church on 215 S. Craycroft Rd.
That's followed by a safety and awareness fundraiser at Peter Piper Pizza across from Park Place Mall.

There will be arts, crafts, Ben's Bells and fingerprinting for children.

Donations will also be accepted through Wells Fargo: Bring Isa Home account.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #205 on: April 24, 2013, 11:28:38 PM »

http://www.kvoa.com/news/a-look-at-the-volunteer-effort-to-bring-isabel-home/
A look at the volunteer effort to bring Isabel home
April 21, 2013

TUCSON-This weekend the Tucson Community is coming together to support the Ceils family. It was a year ago the family's 6-year-old daughter disappeared.

News 4 spoke with the volunteers about their efforts and all the fundraising to help bring Isabel home.

Valerie Ballesteros, Rachel Byrnes, and Loreena Corral all work at Tucson Medical Center with Becky Celis, Isabel's mother. The three women are organizing a Day of Awareness.

They're buying 365 purple balloons so that children attending the event can release them.

They're also buying purple beads Isa's favorite color. It's also color that also symbolizes hope.
Valerie Ballesteros says, "We want to keep hope alive."

Rachel Byrnes, says "This was an eye opening event for all of us. It totally made us aware of where our children are and what they are doing. God forbid something happen to them would we have recent pictures of them and fingerprints on file to help find them."
The money raised on Sunday will help pay to keep Isabel's picture visible around the community.
The community has also donated nearly $60,000 for the reward fund. 88-CRIME has put in a $1,000. Susie Slagle Dupnik heads the anonymous tip line. She says, "Somebody knows something. Somebody out there knows what happened, and that person or persons needs to come forward and give these people peace.

88-Crime has received over a 1,000 anonymous tips. Tips can be texted, given online, or made over the phone.

88-Crime is still looking for tips that will lead police to Isabel.

Donations are still being accepted through Wells Fargo: Bring Isa Home account.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #206 on: April 24, 2013, 11:30:09 PM »

http://www.tucsonweekly.com/TheRange/archives/2013/04/19/support-the-fight-to-bring-isabel-celis-home-this-sunday
Support the Fight to Bring Isabel Celis Home This Sunday
POSTED BY KATE NEWTON ON FRI, APR 19, 2013 AT 3:30 PM

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #207 on: April 24, 2013, 11:32:36 PM »

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/22036870/investigator-working-celis-case-has-promising-lead
Investigator working Celis case has 'promising lead'
Posted April 21, 2013, Updated April 22, 2013

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -
The search goes on for a missing Tucson girl. Isabel Celis' family and friends are holding on to hope, one year after she disappeared.

They released 365 balloons on the one year mark Isabel Celis was discovered missing.
A special church service was held for Isabel. Isabel's parents read portions of the gospel and at times appeared deep in prayer.

The festivities continued just down the street at Peter Piper's Pizza. Isabel's older brother, Sergio Jr. handed out missing person flyers at the door.

Inside, they had arts and crafts and free fingerprinting. The same fingerprinting service that took Isabel's prints two years ago.

As much as Sunday was about keeping Isabel's faith alive. It's also a sad reminder it's already been one year and fewer tips are coming in.

"We still have to have hope they're doing the best they can," said Rebecca Celis.

Two private investigators are taking on the case. One from LA who Sergio's sister hired. Another from Phoenix.

Retired federal agent, Kelly Snyder has gone through around 30 leads but is working one right now that sounds promising.

"I want to find her extremely badly. But, you know, dealing with the family as much as we have in the last year, every time I'm with them I feel I need to go further and farther," said Kelly Snyder.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: April 24, 2013, 11:36:07 PM »

http://www.kpho.com/story/22029709/one-year-ago-friday-was-last-time-isabel-was-seen-in-public-at-a-baseball-game1
Isabel Celis: Last seen in public at baseball game a year ago
April 20, 2013

One of the last places Isabel Celis was seen in public one year ago was at a Little League baseball game.

On the same field where Isabel Celis' brothers played ball a year ago, the last night many people saw Isabel out in public, there are still purple ribbons tied to the fence. It's a reminder to the community she is still missing.

It was after that game Isabel disappeared from her East Tucson home overnight. Police have checked more than a thousand leads but found nothing. Isabel's parents are waiting for that one call.
The case is still open and active. Anyone with information should call 88-crime.

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #209 on: May 06, 2013, 01:11:07 AM »

"I want to find her extremely badly. But, you know, dealing with the family as much as we have in the last year, every time I'm with them I feel I need to go further and farther," said Kelly Snyder."

I bet she does.  The Celis's seem very hinky.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: May 06, 2013, 08:59:50 AM »

"I want to find her extremely badly. But, you know, dealing with the family as much as we have in the last year, every time I'm with them I feel I need to go further and farther," said Kelly Snyder."

I believe if the one of the Celis's weren't directly involved in her disappearance, they at least have a good idea who may have taken her and why and they just aren't saying.  JMHO 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #211 on: May 06, 2013, 05:53:44 PM »

I believe if the one of the Celis's weren't directly involved in her disappearance, they at least have a good idea who may have taken her and why and they just aren't saying.  JMHO 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #212 on: May 06, 2013, 05:57:59 PM »

Bus stop ads?? 

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/22047239/finding-isabel-celis-financial-questions-answered

Celis advertising: where does the money go?
Posted: Apr 22, 2013 7:37 PM CDT Updated: Apr 29, 2013 7:37 PM CDT

Between $25,000 and $30,000 have been raised since Isabel Celis vanished one year ago.

Firends, family and people in the community fundraised; they held car washes and accepted donations for t-shirts and bracelets.

Isabel's mother, Becky, said one-tenth of that money has gone toward a private investigator in the Los Angeles area, hired by a relative.

Another investigator in the Phoenix area is working for free; he's part of a nonprofit who works off of donations.

The rest of that money, the Celis' say, went toward bus stop ads. They had a special rate: two bus stops for $2,700 for six weeks. At first, they had covered 24 bus stops and then scaled back to eight. As of six weeks ago, they have none.

"There's just no way; we don't make enough," Becky Celis said. "I'd love to, but there's no way we could ever afford to keep her face out there like we have been without the support from the community. There's no way."

During the months that Becky and husband Sergio took off work, their co-workers donated vacation time and helped to pay their bills.

The Celis' are expecting to earn a few hundred dollars from the fundraiser yesterday at Peter Piper's Pizza.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #213 on: August 27, 2013, 10:10:11 PM »

Happy Birthday, Isabel.   

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/23265062/special-birthday-mass-in-honor-of-isabel-celis

Special birthday mass in honor of Isabel Celis
Posted: Aug 27, 2013 8:54 AM CDT Updated: Aug 27, 2013 8:54 AM CDT

Today marks the 8th birthday of Isabel Celis, who has been missing for more than a year. 

She was six years old when she disappeared from her family's home near Broadway and Craycroft.  Isabel's family is holding a special church ceremony to honor her birthday today.

Another mass is planned on September 1, also in Isabel's honor.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2013, 10:13:10 PM »

http://www.kpho.com/story/23266975/father-family-member-knows-something-about-missing-isabel-celis

Father: Family member knows something about missing Isabel Celis
Posted: Aug 27, 2013 10:53 AM CDT Updated: Aug 27, 2013 11:00 AM CDT

TUCSON, AZ (CBS5) -
The father of a missing Tucson girl claims at least one person knows something about her disappearance more than a year ago.

Tuesday would be Isabel Celis' 8th birthday. Her father, Sergio Celis, said a family member he would not name has refused to talk to the family's private investigator.

"It's frustrating to run against a wall," Sergio Celis said. "This person has an attorney and they're not going to let them speak a word, protecting somebody that we feel has a lot of information to give. And if it has to be anonymous, so be it. We just want her home. We want our baby home. We want this nightmare over."

Sergio Celis said he doesn't believe the person committed a crime, just that the person has information that could be critical to the case.

Isabel disappeared from her family home 18 months ago.

Police have said they believe she was abducted, but they have not named a suspect nor speculated where she could be.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2013, 10:40:54 PM »

http://www.kpho.com/story/23266975/father-family-member-knows-something-about-missing-isabel-celis

Father: Family member knows something about missing Isabel Celis
Posted: Aug 27, 2013 10:53 AM CDT Updated: Aug 27, 2013 11:00 AM CDT

TUCSON, AZ (CBS5) -
The father of a missing Tucson girl claims at least one person knows something about her disappearance more than a year ago.

Tuesday would be Isabel Celis' 8th birthday. Her father, Sergio Celis, said a family member he would not name has refused to talk to the family's private investigator.

"It's frustrating to run against a wall," Sergio Celis said. "This person has an attorney and they're not going to let them speak a word, protecting somebody that we feel has a lot of information to give. And if it has to be anonymous, so be it. We just want her home. We want our baby home. We want this nightmare over."

Sergio Celis said he doesn't believe the person committed a crime, just that the person has information that could be critical to the case.

Isabel disappeared from her family home 18 months ago.

Police have said they believe she was abducted, but they have not named a suspect nor speculated where she could be.

Well this is interesting...what is THIS all about?  WHO is this all about?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #216 on: August 28, 2013, 08:49:14 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: August 28, 2013, 11:08:55 PM »

Labubske, you might be interested in reading the transcript at the link below...interesting discussion...they think the relative is a cousin.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1308/27/ijvm.01.html

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Does Family Member Know Where Isabel Celis Is?
Aired August 27, 2013 - 19:00:00   ET

GORDON: I don`t think it`s a nefarious move on behalf of that cousin -- being a lawyer myself -- to lawyer up as they say. I mean your words can be misconstrued and I`ve always said even the truth, when it`s not well defended, can cause you to lose a case very badly

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2013, 11:23:12 PM »

Labubske, you might be interested in reading the transcript at the link below...interesting discussion...they think the relative is a cousin.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1308/27/ijvm.01.html

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Does Family Member Know Where Isabel Celis Is?
Aired August 27, 2013 - 19:00:00   ET

GORDON: I don`t think it`s a nefarious move on behalf of that cousin -- being a lawyer myself -- to lawyer up as they say. I mean your words can be misconstrued and I`ve always said even the truth, when it`s not well defended, can cause you to lose a case very badly

Thanks...I will check it out.  I remember back in the beginning of a cousin that was hanging around...had a jeep or something...had lived in FL at some point.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #219 on: September 01, 2013, 08:40:39 AM »

just checking in... seems they at least have a lead....
so hard to believe that any one involved in Isabel's disappearance could evade detection for this long....   

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.