March 18, 2024, 08:28:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Isabel Mercedes Celis missing #2 5/25/12 - (Body Found)  (Read 178745 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #220 on: September 13, 2013, 02:56:30 PM »

just checking in... seems they at least have a lead....
so hard to believe that any one involved in Isabel's disappearance could evade detection for this long....   

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #221 on: January 16, 2014, 11:12:36 PM »

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_central_southern_az/tucson/isabel-celis-update-tucson-police-searching-neighborhood-of-missing-girl

Isabel Celis update: Tucson police searching neighborhood of missing girl
Posted: 01/15/2014
Last Updated: 22 hours and 25 minutes ago

TUCSON, AZ - Dozens of police officers knocked on doors in a Tucson neighborhood Wednesday in hopes of finding new information in an investigation of a 6-year-old girl who was abducted more than 18 months ago.

Police spokesman Sgt. Pete Dugan says the door-to-door effort in Isabel Mercedes Celis' neighborhood wasn't prompted by new leads.

He says it instead was intended to seek out information that might not have been revealed when investigators first flooded the area after the child's April 2012 disappearance.

Police have declined to say whether they have a suspect in the case or whether the child is believed to still be alive.

Dugan said officers plan on being in the neighborhood through Saturday. Police said they will work from noon to 10 p.m. until they've spoken to everybody.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2014, 11:23:03 PM »

Video at the link

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/24463241/tpd

Tucson Police begin second day of Isabel Celis patrols
Posted: Jan 15, 2014 3:21 PM CST
Updated: Jan 16, 2014 12:00 PM CST

TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -
Tucson Police are beginning the second day of a stepped-up presence in a neighborhood where a Tucson girl went missing nearly two years ago.

Isabel Celis was 6 years old when she disappeared from her home near Broadway and Craycroft in April of 2012.

Tucson Police are putting extra officers in the neighborhood in their ongoing effort to investigate her disappearance.

Authorities are trying a new tactic to get leads; TPD said about 50 commissioned personnel will run special patrols in several blocks surrounding her home on the east side over the next few days.

Tucson News Now spoke with Isabel's parents, Sergio and Becky, on Wednesday: "Baby we're still looking for you, baby. Don't give up and don't give up here. We're still out here, looking. Don't give up. We haven't given up so we hope that she never does, either," Becky Celis said about her daughter, Isabel.

"We have a lot of questions that aren't answered, a lot of things that we wish we could just close the book on. But until then, there's so many things that are left so wide open. You know, they did so much digging right here right here, in our house, right here between me and Becky, into our family, you know, we have already been stripped away from our little daughter and we were violated all over again. And we're hoping that this time around maybe someone else can get the attention. And maybe that, you know, all that strength, and all that force, can go somewhere else and we can really get down to a lot of answers," Sergio Celis said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2014, 11:31:51 PM »

http://azstarnet.com/news/blogs/police-beat/police-swarm-tucson-neighborhood-for-new-leads-in-girl-s/article_dc9a4a49-c195-5920-8faf-45b86a32fa8b.html

Tucson police add new detectives to missing girl case
20 hours ago 

About 50 officers and detectives are recanvassing the midtown neighborhood where a young Tucson girl went missing almost two years ago, trying to stir up new information in the case.

The door-to-door interviews regarding the 2012 disappearance of then 6-year-old Isabel Celis began Wednesday and will go through Saturday between noon to 10 p.m. daily. A command post has been set up in the neighborhood.

In addition to patrol officers, eight detectives are working the effort in hopes that residents will recall new information, or tell investigators something they did not report earlier, said Sgt. Pete Dugan, a Tucson Police Department spokesman.

Six of the detectives are new to the case, which will bring fresh eyes and new perspectives, said Lt. Elise Souter of the Police Department’s youth, family and sex crimes section.

The canvassing will focus on about 350 to 400 homes, including apartments, that are within the boundaries of East Broadway to East 14th Street and South Craycroft Road to South Chantilly Drive.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #224 on: January 17, 2014, 09:03:57 AM »

an angelic monkey

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: January 17, 2014, 08:52:30 PM »

http://www.kvoa.com/news/day-2-tpd-hopes-to-stir-new-leads-in-celis-investigation/

Jan 16, 2014 7:55 PM
Day 2: TPD hopes to stir new leads in Celis investigation

Detectives are asking neighbors about a shoeprint, according to neighbors.

"A picture of a footprint from somewhere that they picked up near the property," Pike told News 4 Tucson.

According to law enforcement, the shoeprint does not necessarily point to a suspect -- rather, a person who might have valuable information in the investigation.

TPD is canvassing the neighborhood, including up to 400 homes and a nearby apartment complex. The hope is that it will re-energize the investigation.

"It's not that they have no leads anymore," said Sgt. Pete Dugan, of the Tucson Police Department.

"When the investigation first started we were getting hundreds of leads and now they've slowly begun to dwindle. So if we can get back out there and let the public that we are still looking for this stuff ... we are still wanting any kind of information no matter how small it might be ...it's a big help to us."

As for the potential suspect, TPD is not elaborating. However News 4 Tucson has confirmed that family members have not been ruled out.

A separate investigation was conducted by private firm. Private Investigator Kelly Snyder told News 4 Tucson that he identified at least two prime suspects in Isabel's disappearance. He said his prime suspects were close to the Celis family but would not elaborate specifically.

Snyder said that he handed over his finding to TPD roughly four months ago.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: January 17, 2014, 09:02:58 PM »

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/24484808/celis-patrols-wrapping-up-ahead-of-schedule

Celis patrols wrapping up ahead of schedule
Posted: Jan 17, 2014 4:07 PM CST
Updated: Jan 17, 2014 7:47 PM CST

Tucson Police Department wrapped up its special patrols near Broadway and Craycroft two days earlier than planned.

The investigative deployment was launched Wednesday afternoon in hopes of unearthing new evidence in the disappearance of Isabel Celis.  It was originally schedule to continue through Saturday night.

Over the last 48 hours, 40 uniformed officers and eight detectives went door to door, asking people if they've seen anything unusual over the last 19 months.

For instance, anybody who suddenly moved out without explanation; any landscapers who seemed to be hanging around; or anybody else here who just didn't seem quite right.

Again, TPD says they've received dozens of tips as a result of the Celis detail.

That, in itself, is a small victory.

"So what's happening now is the investigators are looking at all those phone calls that came in, the tips they received and they're trying to kind of weed through right now, figure out which of these tips are new tips, new leads...and which of them are things that we already had," says TPD Sgt. Pete Dugan.

"Those new leads will be assigned to detectives for follow up and that's the process that they're in right now."

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #227 on: January 18, 2014, 06:17:09 AM »

Graceland, thank you for this hopeful news.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: January 18, 2014, 04:40:28 PM »

Graceland, thank you for this hopeful news.

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

You're welcome, can!  There still is hope for justice for Isabel! 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #229 on: January 18, 2014, 04:48:16 PM »

Video at the link

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/24480111/day-three-of-tpd-sweep-for-isabel-celis

Day three of TPD sweep for Isabel Celis
Posted: Jan 17, 2014 7:22 AM CST
Updated: Jan 17, 2014 7:22 AM CST

Friday is the third day of the police sweep, with special patrols taking place in the neighborhood where Isabel Celis disappeared nearly two years ago.

Dozens of police officers are expected back on the streets today, going door to door and interviewing neighbors and hoping to uncover any new information.

According to Tucson Police the effort so far has netted several new leads and is going faster than police anticipated.  TPD initially stated they would patrol through the weekend, but they recently stated they would be finished by Saturday night.

So far Sergio and his wife Becky have not been interviewed by detectives.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #230 on: January 21, 2014, 01:30:53 PM »

A short time ago, I heard about this on Fox.

They were saying that 350 homes were being contacted by 50 officers.

I'm sure glad to see some movement on this case.

I can't believe it's been almost 2 years.

I wonder "why" this big of search...did they get a tip from someone?

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #231 on: April 27, 2014, 08:46:19 PM »

It seems there are no new leads/developments reported after the January investigation.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/parents-of-isabel-celis-keep-hope-alive-years-after-she/article_f459a6ae-cd87-5981-bc13-d8bbebfa1849.html

Parents of Isabel Celis keep hope alive 2 years after she vanished
April 18, 2014 12:00 am 

It’s been nearly two years since Becky and Sergio Celis last saw their only daughter, then 6-year-old Isabel, who vanished from their midtown home.

As the anniversary of her disappearance looms, her parents said this week the family remains hopeful she’ll come home and hopes new efforts by Tucson police will help shed light on her disappearance.

In January, eight new detectives were assigned to review the case and have conducted new interviews and reinterviewed people, according to a statement from the Tucson Police Department.

“It’s a new team and we’re hoping that maybe asking different questions or just having a little bit of time pass someone will remember something,” Becky Celis said

What’s new

This year, police recanvassed Isabel’s neighborhood and went to 305 homes. Forty-two interviews were conducted in Tucson, other cities in Arizona and in California, Texas and Washington.

Police investigated 30 tips made through 88-CRIME, which included dog searches, and contacting other law enforcement agencies in Arizona, Georgia, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina Pennsylvania and Mexico. A total of 2,192 leads have been investigated this year.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: March 09, 2015, 08:59:33 AM »

Hmm.  I haven't heard much about dowsing in regard to finding missing persons. 

http://www.kvoa.com/story/28132093/crime-trackers-private-investigator-believes-he-knows-who-the-suspects-are-in-the-celis-kidnapping
Crime Trackers: Private Investigator believes he knows who the suspects are in the Celis kidnapping
Posted February 17, 2015, Updated February 23, 2015

New detectives, along with a new sergeant, were assigned to the case a year ago. They've re-canvassed the neighborhood, but still nothing on the little girl's whereabouts.

Police say as new leads come in, they follow up on them.

The private investigator the family contacted said, “Whoever did this knows the family 100 percent guaranteed, and my suspect has a key to the house.”

Retired federal agent Jerry "Kelly" Snyder is the founder of "Find Me," an organization he started in 2002 to look for missing children. His group has been searching for Isabel Celis since the 6-year-old was kidnapped in April 2012. He has two suspects who we can't name because they've not been charged with a crime.

“I provided the Tucson Police Department with two individuals names who I truly believe were involved in her disappearance," said Snyder.  "Either physically they took her, or they had something to do with her disappearance.”

In January we interviewed a detective who has been on the case since the beginning. He said they don't deal directly with private investigators however, Greg Wright said, “We will take any information that anybody has on this case and we will review it and we will follow up on whatever that information is.”

On the night Isabel disappeared from her house, it's reported her bedroom window was open and the screen set aside.

Snyder found out the two possible suspects even helped in the search for Isa.

“One of them retained an attorney immediately, which is somewhat of a red flag,” Snyder said.

Other red flags?

“One of them moved out of Tucson almost immediately,” Snyder said.

He added his vehicle “was sent out of town two, or three days before he left town. Huge red flag again.”

The other individual Snyder referred to still lives in Tucson. Snyder spoke to him on three separate occasions.

News 4 Tucson went to his workplace and to three different apartments where he reportedly lived and we also called him. The phone number was no longer in use and we were unable to locate him.

Dan Baldwin helped Snyder start "Find Me." He's written a book about it and he uses Pendulum Dowsing, a way to find answers normally not available to our senses.

Three years ago he did map dousing on the Celis case.

“My last report was that she was physically alive in Tucson," said Baldwin.  "That's been years ago. At the time, I had reports that she was being moved around from location to location.”

Baldwin said he gave exact addresses and GPS coordinates. He did this all from his workspace in Mesa.

“The problem is, these people, when they are on the move, by the time you file a report and the police get there, they may have already moved on,” said Baldwin. 

Tucson Police say they checked one of the locations and found nothing. Yet, Baldwin is convinced Pendulum Dowsing works.

“It's something that works. I know it works and I want to continue doing it. The disbelievers can stand on the sidelines and watch while we find missing kids."

Baldwin said he will gladly do another Dowsing if he's asked. In the meantime, Tucson Police said as of January they had no suspects.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #233 on: March 09, 2015, 01:26:14 PM »

Interesting...

Thanks MuffyBee!   

Justice for Isabel!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #234 on: March 31, 2017, 09:24:11 PM »

http://wfin.com/investigators-locate-remains-of-isabel-celis-6-year-old-girl-who-went-missing-in-2012/

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #235 on: March 31, 2017, 09:28:18 PM »

ABC News(TUCSON, Ariz.) — The remains of Isabel Celis, the 6-year-old who went missing from her Arizona home in 2012, have been found, the Tucson Police Department announced Friday.

Investigators found the human remains in a rural area in Pima County, said Tucson Chief of Police Chris Magnus. A portion of those remains were then sent to an out-of-state laboratory for DNA analysis, which confirmed they were the remains of the little girl, Magnus said.

http://wfin.com/investigators-locate-remains-of-isabel-celis-6-year-old-girl-who-went-missing-in-2012/

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #236 on: March 31, 2017, 10:48:00 PM »

Tucson police say Isabel Celis' remains found
Associated Press Published 3:01 p.m. MT March 31, 2017 | Updated 4 hours ago

video @ link

Tucson police said Friday that the remains of 6-year-old Isabel Celis, who was reported missing in 2012, were found earlier this month.

Tucson Police Chief Chris Magnus said Friday that Isabel's remains have been found, though he would not offer details about where investigators located the remains or what prompted detectives to search in that area.

Magnus said the remains were found in "rural Pima County" and were sent to Bode Cellmark Forensics in Virginia where DNA evidence was confirmed.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2017/03/31/missing-tucson-girl-isabel-celis/99888614/

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: March 31, 2017, 11:56:14 PM »

an angelic monkey 

At the link:  news conference video, timeline, videos and police documents
http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/35044194/major-development-in-isabel-celis-case

Remains of Isabel Celis found; family releases statement
Published:Friday, March 31st 2017, 4:02 pm CDT
Updated:Friday, March 31st 2017, 9:29 pm CDT

The case that has haunted law enforcement and Tucson residents alike took a turn earlier this month when remains were found in rural Pima County.

On Friday, March 31, the Tucson Police Department confirmed DNA analysis of the remains proved they belong to Isabel.

Magnus did not say how long the remains were in that location but he did say they were not found by accident.

"It was not a happenstance," he said. "There has been on going process of many searches, this was not a happenstance. I cannot get into any greater detail than that."

The Celis family released the following statement through the Tucson Medical Center.

"We want to thank the community for the support they have continued to show for Isa over the years and for refusing to give up hope," the family said. "Now is our time to mourn. We ask for our privacy during this time so that we can do that."

While Magnus did not release the exact location of the discovery, he did say the area was thoroughly processed for further evidence.

Magnus said he could not release information on any possible suspects but said he could not answer when asked if anyone was in custody.

Tucson News Now has learned the Celis family has placed their home, located at 5602 East 12th St., on the market.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #238 on: April 01, 2017, 04:17:57 AM »

Wow, thankful she was found, praying for justice.   

Rest in peace, Isabel.   an angelic monkey

https://www.facebook.com/FindIsabel/photos/a.380122382032973.90915.380121855366359/1428176747227526/?type=3&theater

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: April 01, 2017, 01:14:07 PM »

So sad, but I'm glad they at least found her body and her family can have some kind of closure.  I'll leave the thread here until hopefully she gets justice.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 01:15:39 PM by klaasend » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.