April 26, 2024, 08:47:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Autistic boy - Terry D. Smith, 11 yrs old missing from Menifee, Ca. 7/7/13  (Read 61966 times)
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2013, 06:24:23 PM »

Looks like their house is located in a more rural area of Menifee, not in one of the newer developements:

From looking at photos on this page:
http://news.yahoo.com/dad-slain-calif-boy-not-autistic-mother-says-205630451.html

It seems their house is up from where the A is (on the map quoted) and more towards the left/Nelson hill lane. It looks long and thin.

Also it looks like investigators were working at the tree that is standing alone and to the lower left of the house (it has a sort of path around it)

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2013, 06:30:50 PM »

So very sad...I certainly wasn't expecting this outcome.  What a sad sad ending for this little guy.    He is happy and flying free now with no worries.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2013, 09:22:07 PM »

I don't even know what to say, this is just horrible!  So sad that it's too late for anyone to help Terry, but he deserves justice.  I hope the authorities dig deep for the whole truth here, they owe that to this precious little boy!

Rest in peace, Terry.  You're safe now.   an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2013, 02:24:50 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=9169276&cmp=emc-kabc-Top_stories_|_ABC7_Los_Angeles-071213-top3-9169276

Thursday, July 11, 2013

MENIFEE, Calif. (KABC) -- New details and questions are coming out in the Terry Smith case, including from the boy's father, his mother's partner and the woman who says she found the body.

Smith's mother, Shawna Smith, along with her partner and a third woman appeared at the family home in Menifee briefly Thursday and quickly went inside.

About 30 minutes later, the mother got into a blue Ford SUV and drove away. She didn't say anything, but her partner, Dennise Bugna, asked for privacy

In an interview with Eyewitness News, Smith's dad said the 16-year-old was violent, and his mother knew it.

"(The mother) knew that he did get violent with his brother and sister. I begged her to get him the right kind of help," said Terry Smith Sr., who lives in West Virginia. "In fact, I begged her to get the right kind of help for herself, and it just never happened."

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2013, 04:41:04 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=9169276&cmp=emc-kabc-Top_stories_|_ABC7_Los_Angeles-071213-top3-9169276

Thursday, July 11, 2013

MENIFEE, Calif. (KABC) -- New details and questions are coming out in the Terry Smith case, including from the boy's father, his mother's partner and the woman who says she found the body.

Smith's mother, Shawna Smith, along with her partner and a third woman appeared at the family home in Menifee briefly Thursday and quickly went inside.

About 30 minutes later, the mother got into a blue Ford SUV and drove away. She didn't say anything, but her partner, Dennise Bugna, asked for privacy

In an interview with Eyewitness News, Smith's dad said the 16-year-old was violent, and his mother knew it.

"(The mother) knew that he did get violent with his brother and sister. I begged her to get him the right kind of help," said Terry Smith Sr., who lives in West Virginia. "In fact, I begged her to get the right kind of help for herself, and it just never happened."

BabsKat, this is just so sad on so many levels.  And then all the stuff about whether or not Terry was autistic or not . . . what in the world?????

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2013, 07:42:29 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/dad-slain-calif-boy-wanted-live-19646036
Woman: 'Visions' Led Her to Dead California Boy
July 12, 2013

Pam Ragland was watching a TV report about the search for an 11-year-old California boy missing in a rural town miles away when she felt something wasn't right.

Ragland said she began crying and then a haunting vision popped into her head: A young boy lying on his side with his eyes closed.

The boy, Terry Dewayne Smith Jr., wasn't sleeping — and by the time Ragland's visions stopped, she had led detectives to his decomposing body behind his house in the Riverside County community of Menifee.

The remains had been partially buried in a shallow grave under a tree more than 60 miles from Ragland's Orange County home.

Authorities on Friday decided to charge the boy's 16-year-old half-brother with murder. The teen is due in juvenile court on Monday, and prosecutors have requested a hearing to determine if he should be tried as an adult.

The Associated Press is not naming the suspect because he is a juvenile.

Detectives acknowledged it was a bizarre way to find the boy's body, and they are investigating whether Ragland had anything to do with the death.

Ragland, 50, said she relies on intuition to see things that others don't.

"It was just his recurrent picture that was in my head that never changed," she said. "I was getting a snapshot but I couldn't understand why he wasn't moving. He had his eyes closed, but I just thought he was sleeping."
Sgt. Lisa McConnell, a Riverside County sheriff's spokeswoman, confirmed that Ragland called in the tip that led them to the body, but she would not comment further. An investigation to rule out Ragland's possible involvement in the crime was ongoing, McConnell said.

"In terms of any kinds of abilities that she has, I can't confirm that," McConnell said.

A detective involved in the search, however, said he was impressed with the discovery.
More...

Video at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2013, 08:10:43 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/12/terry-smiths-body-found-by-womans-visions_n_3585411.html?873875&ncid=webmail25

Pam Ragland Claims Her Visions Led Police To Terry Dewayne Smith's Body
07/12/13 02:38 AM ET EDT

LOS ANGELES -- A detective says a woman who said she had visions led them to a body in the search for a missing Southern California boy.

Riverside County Sheriff's Detective John Powers tells KFI-AM radio Thursday that Pam Ragland found the body matching the description of 11-year-old Terry Smith. A 16-year-old family member was later arrested on suspicion of murder.

Sheriff's spokesman Albert Martinez also confirmed Ragland's involvement for The Associated Press.

Powers says Ragland called a tip line about her vision, and was invited to join the search.

He says Ragland and her children came to the house without knowing it was the boy's, walked on to the property and right to the partially buried body.

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2013, 08:21:30 PM »

Thursday, July 11, 2013

BabsKat, this is just so sad on so many levels.  And then all the stuff about whether or not Terry was autistic or not . . . what in the world?????
I know Sister, and it keeps getting stranger.........I certainly hope that LE will be able to piece this whole thing together.

Now we have a woman just walks onto the property and goes straight to the body.

We haven't really heard the true facts on who is who  really.  Heard there was a 13 year old girl in the house also, but not a word about her.   Is he a half-brother as some reports say, than its the parents were just living together the past 3 years.........poor little Terry, whether he was autistic or not, had to be a terrible life for the little guy.
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2013, 12:52:05 AM »

wondering if this is the same Pam Ragland

http://www.pamragland.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1

--------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Autistic boy - Terry D. Smith, 11 yrs old missing from Menifee, Ca. 7/7/13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 12, 2013

Pam Ragland was watching a TV report about the search for an 11-year-old California boy missing in a rural town miles away when she felt something wasn't right.

Ragland said she began crying and then a haunting vision popped into her head: A young boy lying on his side with his eyes closed.

The boy, Terry Dewayne Smith Jr., wasn't sleeping — and by the time Ragland's visions stopped, she had led detectives to his decomposing body behind his house in the Riverside County community of Menifee.

The remains had been partially buried in a shallow grave under a tree more than 60 miles from Ragland's Orange County home.

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2013, 01:32:09 AM »

Yes Bearly, I see that now.  Must admit, I have stones in my hand now.
This is not going to be pretty I'm afraid.  I'm starting to see a picture of a woman and a stepbrother . . . well, I'll wait and see.

About the stones, Sister.  I don't know anything about this family and why this happened and what happened this particular night.  I will wait (with my blood pressure through the roof) and see how it all unfolds.  Was she a negligent parent or had she had too much and needed to get out of the house before she hurt her child and that's why she called on her stepson?  Was the stepson a parentified child and just snapped because he was the 'parent' and he was the one needing the break until he just finally broke?

I am not accusing or excusing.  I don't know what happened and I don't know what their home life was like.

Rest in peace, Terry, part of my heart goes with you, sweetheart.  

an angelic monkey

I agree . . . no accusing or excusing.
Fly Terry.  You are now whole for the first time in your life.

No accusing or excusing until all the info is gathered.  That Terry had to suffer at all, breaks my heart into as may pieces as the glasses from  1000 Jewish weddings and then more.  It will never heal.  I am forever changed.

Here is where we part ways in our thinking, Sister.  Terry was always whole. He passed all the requirements it takes to be a human being.  It appears there are others involved who surrounded him and also those who were supposed to protect him, who may be missing pieces of their humanity.  

This was the perfect week to go to see 'Wicked."  It feels like there are so many people involved in each case without a heart.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2013, 04:51:06 AM »

wondering if this is the same Pam Ragland

http://www.pamragland.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1

--------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Autistic boy - Terry D. Smith, 11 yrs old missing from Menifee, Ca. 7/7/13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 12, 2013

Believe it is one and the same person, CW.  Compared pics from video and the one on her website.

According to website she lives in Santa Margarita, Ca., which is in Orange County.

I didn't see anything on her site saying she claimed to be a Physic, seems to be claiming some sort of help with Autisim???? 
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2013, 09:20:45 AM »

Yes Bearly, I see that now.  Must admit, I have stones in my hand now.
This is not going to be pretty I'm afraid.  I'm starting to see a picture of a woman and a stepbrother . . . well, I'll wait and see.

About the stones, Sister.  I don't know anything about this family and why this happened and what happened this particular night.  I will wait (with my blood pressure through the roof) and see how it all unfolds.  Was she a negligent parent or had she had too much and needed to get out of the house before she hurt her child and that's why she called on her stepson?  Was the stepson a parentified child and just snapped because he was the 'parent' and he was the one needing the break until he just finally broke?

I am not accusing or excusing.  I don't know what happened and I don't know what their home life was like.

Rest in peace, Terry, part of my heart goes with you, sweetheart.  

an angelic monkey

I agree . . . no accusing or excusing.
Fly Terry.  You are now whole for the first time in your life.

No accusing or excusing until all the info is gathered.  That Terry had to suffer at all, breaks my heart into as may pieces as the glasses from  1000 Jewish weddings and then more.  It will never heal.  I am forever changed.

Here is where we part ways in our thinking, Sister.  Terry was always whole. He passed all the requirements it takes to be a human being.  It appears there are others involved who surrounded him and also those who were supposed to protect him, who may be missing pieces of their humanity.  

This was the perfect week to go to see 'Wicked."  It feels like there are so many people involved in each case without a heart.

I hear what you're saying Bearly.  I think we are all "disabled" in one way or another and will never be made whole until we stand before the Lord.  I assuredly respect what you are saying.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2013, 01:49:52 PM »

TY Babs, i couldnt see the vid yesterday,i watched today and google img searched,
i think she is the same person too. im going to have to thunk on the idea of a vison
it screams Hmmmmmm!!
vid @
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=9169958&pid=9169276

the half brother has been made public, in one img he looks emo/goth,the suicide silence is a
emo metal band
heavy.com/news/2013/07/
http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/07/syklor-atilano-terry-smiths-brother-5-fast-facts-you-need-to-know//

a FB pg link on pg saying he is innocent, i dont FB
MENIFEE: Facebook page defends dead boy’s brother
July 12, 2013 by Peter Surowski
http://blog.pe.com/2013/07/12/menifee-facebook-page-defends-dead-boys-brother/

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2013, 03:00:01 PM »

This entire case is very confusing, partially do to the news reports and FB postings.

I have seen no mention of a husband/live-in except on the FB quotes, in the video it says that the gray haired woman, Dennsee was the mothers partner?  She said she had known Terry for eleven years............So we know who Terry's father is............Who is the 16 yr. old related to?

Is he a step-brother, half brother or no actual relation to Terry?  Is there actually a 14 yr old girl and who is she related to.   This woman who claims to have "visioned" Terry buried in the yard is just way too hinky in my opinion especially with her connection to autisim which both Terry's father & teacher say he didn't have.

Lets hope that LE can sift through this ugly mess and get it right........Did Skyler actually have anything to do with his murder or is it a cover-up?
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2013, 04:23:56 PM »

this article has a lot of  info,from the father/smith sr. and pam ragland

Terry Smith case: Arrested teen was violent - missing boy's dad
Thursday, July 11, 2013

Hundreds of people had volunteered to search for the boy, who was reportedly autistic. But Terry Smith Sr. said his son did not have autism.

"He was rambunctious. He was not autistic. I'll fight that until the day I die," he said. "He was a typical little boy. He loved life. And Thomas the Train set."

The school district also disagreed with the family about whether the boy was ever diagnosed with autism.

"I know it's going to be a bit of a shock to people to hear this, but no, he was not autistic," said Jenny Smith, who said she taught the boy

It is also unknown why it took detectives four day to find a body that was less than 100 feet from the home. According to Pam Ragland, the woman who says she found the body, the size and rural characteristics of the property could have been a factor. She also thinks people weren't expecting to find a body.

"I just believe that when everybody was looking initially, they probably, I'm sure, looked for signs of foul play, decided that they were looking for a child, so when they looked up in that area, they were looking for a child. I really think that's why they missed him."

Ragland, of South Orange County, says it was a vision she had that led her to the house two nights ago with her children.

It was dark, and she says it was actually one of her kids who found the body.

"My kids found this one spot, and they said, 'Mommy, we found a dead animal,'" she said. "And I went over and looked at it and said, 'Oh, that's not an animal.' It was a head."

Ragland admits that she is no forensics expert, but she said in her opinion, it appeared the body had been there for some time. The sheriff's department said deputies and volunteers had searched the inside and the outside of the home several times.
MORE
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=9169276

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2013, 04:29:58 PM »

there is a pet grooming/care business at the house and Dennise Bugna is listed
as owner of .......Goin' To The Dogs ..... http://goo.gl/maps/GRWkw

reviews are good
http://www.yellowpages.com/menifee-ca/mip/goin-to-the-dogs-31201324?lid=31201324

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2013, 04:56:02 PM »

i wonder if the half brother is into drugs, at the link and in the vid
they talk about Skylor, being at the searches, his message on his FB
his brother missing,i just dont get it, it was very,very hot on the days
that Terry was being searched for, the volunteers were risking a lot in
those conditions, and if Skylor knew for sure what happened to his brother,
i cant type what im thinking about that,my post would be deleted
i know how  i would be

Half Brother to Be Charged in Death of 11-Year-Old Terry Smith: DA
The suspect is expected to appear in juvenile court Monday in the death of 11-year-old Terry Smith Jr.
By Melissa Pamer and Jacob Rascon
 |  Friday, Jul 12, 2013  |  Updated 9:21 PM PDT
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Charges-Could-Come-Friday-for-Suspect-in-Death-of-Terry-Smith-215246431.html

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2013, 10:24:53 PM »

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=9173470&cmp=emc-kabc-Top_stories_|_ABC7_Los_Angeles-071513-top1-9173470

Monday, July 15, 2013

MURRIETA, Calif. (KABC) -- A 16-year-old Menifee boy accused of the murder of his half-brother was in a Murrieta courtroom Monday, shackled and wearing a yellow jail suit.

The teen is accused of killing his 11-year-old half-brother, Terry Smith Junior. Monday's detention hearing was continued to September 17.

A massive communitywide search effort was undertaken to find Smith. Authorities found the boy's body almost four days after he went missing.

Monday it was not revealed whether the teen will be charged as an adult, but he will stay behind bars at least until his next court date on September 17.

"The judge did make an interim finding of keeping him detained until at least the 9/17 hearing, and that was based on the safety of the public, as well as the safety of the juvenile himself," said John Hall, Riverside County District Attorney's Office.

The judge talked about the 16-year-old already being on probation, and said the boy has a history of violent outbursts.

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2013, 10:36:51 PM »

Ok,.........Terry & Skylar are half-brothers, same mother. 
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2013, 03:51:40 PM »

Hundreds Join Father in Memorial Service for Terry Smith Jr.
by Doug Spoon @ 7/25/2013 10:52:00 PM

Terry Smith Sr. fulfilled his promise tonight, thanking a crowd of about 300 people at a memorial service for his son and hugging virtually everyone in attendance

"You may be saying, 'Why did this happen?' Enniss said, "But what I want you to ask yourself is, 'God, what do you want me to learn from this?
"If you want to honor Terry's memory, then love. If you want to honor him, be at peace. It's my prayer for each one of you that you find peace."

Terry Jr's mother and Terry Sr's ex-wife, Shawna Smith, was not at the service. She attended a private memorial last weekend at Revival Church that Terry Sr. did not attend. The Riverside County Coroner's Office has not completed its report or released the body, and no decision in the battle for custody of the body between the parents has been announced.

Meanwhile, some of the crowd hoped this ceremony would quiet the accusations and bickering between local residents on social media outlets as suspicion over the circumstances surrounding the case grew. Skylor Atilano, Terry Jr's 16-year-old half brother, has been arrested on suspicion of the murder, but many have expressed the belief that there's more to the story.
more
http://www.menifee247.com/2013/07/hundreds-join-father-in-memorial-service-for-terry-smith-jr.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.