April 26, 2024, 05:42:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mickey Shunick 22 years old, Lafayette, LA MISSING 5/19/2012(BODY FOUND)  (Read 170619 times)
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: May 30, 2012, 12:58:11 PM »

if she was hit by a car would there be some blood evidence somewhere on the street?
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #181 on: May 30, 2012, 01:09:13 PM »

I think someone was following her so she went a different way to get away from him, then he hit her bike.
 I don't know what else he did, do we have any pictures of what was behind he, i think she was on the run ..

ANY THOUGHTS
I was thinking the same.  Hopefully, LE can recover some fingerprints or paint to help point them in the right direction. 

i agree. if this was the case maybe there was a paint transfer from the bike to the car and back so cops might be able to pin point the make, model and color of the car/truck

I have thought about that. But if she knew or felt some one was following her. Wouldn't she have gone into the lit up gas station we saw in the pictures and say someone is following me and call the police or her family to come get her.  Just a thought.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #182 on: May 30, 2012, 01:13:30 PM »

Keeping hope alive

Volunteers at Blackham Coliseum who had been working on the search effort to find missing Mickey Shunick were given a break. Just before Tuesday afternoon's news conference, a message posted on the Find Mickey Shunick Now Facebook page stated "the volunteer portion of the search effort is indefinitely suspended."

Tuesday marked the 10th day of the Shunick search. The 22-year-old UL student's bike was found on day eight, Sunday morning, under the Whiskey Bay bridge on Interstate 10.
Josh Coen, a 22-year-old friend of Shunick and social media coordinator for the volunteer effort, said the suspension was a unanimous decision from friends, family and other volunteers.
According to the post, the suspension includes "food, beverage, and material donations of any kind as well as manpower coming in to participate in the search effort."
Also, the volunteer effort will cease using Blackham Coliseum, Coen said.

::snipping2::

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120530/NEWS01/205300327/Keeping-hope-alive?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Okay what am I missing. If they are suspending all the volunteer help looking for Mickey that doesn't sound very hopeful to me.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #183 on: May 30, 2012, 01:29:04 PM »

if she was hit by a car would there be some blood evidence somewhere on the street?

He may have hit her bike she fell off and he took her.
We have no idea where this could have happened so where would they look for traces of blood.
Also if someone was after me i would have gone in the gas station and called the police.
 Getting home a different way doesn't make sense.

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: May 30, 2012, 01:37:43 PM »

Cpl. Paul Mouton said only a bit of the frame was out of the water when the men discovered it. Police also gathered other "items of interest" at the location where the bike was found, but did not elaborate, KATC.com reported.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/30/bike-belonging-to-missing-louisiana-student-mickey-shunick-found-damaged/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: May 30, 2012, 01:40:43 PM »

Keeping hope alive

Volunteers at Blackham Coliseum who had been working on the search effort to find missing Mickey Shunick were given a break. Just before Tuesday afternoon's news conference, a message posted on the Find Mickey Shunick Now Facebook page stated "the volunteer portion of the search effort is indefinitely suspended."

Tuesday marked the 10th day of the Shunick search. The 22-year-old UL student's bike was found on day eight, Sunday morning, under the Whiskey Bay bridge on Interstate 10.
Josh Coen, a 22-year-old friend of Shunick and social media coordinator for the volunteer effort, said the suspension was a unanimous decision from friends, family and other volunteers.
According to the post, the suspension includes "food, beverage, and material donations of any kind as well as manpower coming in to participate in the search effort."

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120530/NEWS01/205300327/Keeping-hope-alive?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Okay what am I missing. If they are suspending all the volunteer help looking for Mickey that doesn't sound very hopeful to me.

The only thing I can think of is that they are worried the perp may be part of the volunteers.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #186 on: May 30, 2012, 01:42:44 PM »

Keeping hope alive

The only thing I can think of is that they are worried the perp may be part of the volunteers.

Didn't think about that.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #187 on: May 30, 2012, 02:10:42 PM »

I did  when I saw that white truck under the bridge with all of the police. I'm not saying that white truck was the one in the video's but  that was my first reaction 

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #188 on: May 30, 2012, 02:27:31 PM »

Is this the truck that was cleared or the white truck with the black bed cover?
Also wonder why his tailgate is down almost looks like someone is sitting there..

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2012, 03:50:52 PM »

Also wonder why his tailgate is down almost looks like someone is sitting there..

It's the other truck. The one you are showing is the only one that hasn't been identified.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #190 on: May 30, 2012, 03:56:16 PM »

Missing Louisiana Student Mickey Shunick's Bike Suffered Significant Damage
By CHRISTINA NG | Good Morning America – 5 hours

Missing Louisiana student Mickey Shunick's recovered bike suffered significant damage to the rear tire, including a bent rim, authorities said today.  ::snipping2::

"We strongly believe that the person, or perpetrator, drove down to the edge of the water and dumped the bike into the water for it not to be found," Cpl. Paul Mouton of the Lafayette Police Department said.

That the bike was found damaged and dumped near a highway suggests Shunick might have been hit by a car, ABC News consultant and former FBI special agent Brad Garrett said.

"If her bike was hit by a vehicle...you may be able to tell from the damage whether it was intentional or not," he said. "[There] could be a wealth of information potentially gathered in addition to the location of the bike."

http://gma.yahoo.com/missing-louisiana-student-mickey-shunicks-bike-suffered-significant-135918698--abc-news-topstories.html

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #191 on: May 30, 2012, 03:58:06 PM »

It's the other truck. The one you are showing is the only one that hasn't been identified.

Thank You.. that's what I thought, so I made it bigger

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #192 on: May 30, 2012, 06:27:37 PM »

From Mickeys sisters FB page:

Charlene Shunick shared FIND MICKEY SHUNICK NOW's status.
16 minutes ago
in other words call the tip line AND detective Abdella
The Shunick Family has employed a Private Investigator in the search for Mickey Shunick. Individuals with information pertaining to the case are encouraged to contact Mr. John Abdella at 337-235-0270 in conjunction with the police tip line.

https://www.facebook.com/charlene.shunick

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #193 on: May 30, 2012, 06:41:26 PM »

wonder why no img of her type of phone has been released,someone  might
pick up the phone,and think cool free phone

Her cell phone, a Verizon L-G slider, has not been found and was turned off Saturday after she went missing.
http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=80100

i found some sliders imgs,
http://www.1800mobiles.com/verizon-lg-enlighten.html
http://www.1800mobiles.com/verizon-lg-extravert.html
LG smart
http://www.1800mobiles.com/verizon-jetpack-mifi-4620l.html

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #194 on: May 30, 2012, 06:46:38 PM »

http://www.theadvertiser.com/interactive/article/20120530/NEWS01/120530011/Read-transcript-from-our-live-chat-about-search-Mickey-Shunick

i didnt get them all,just some that had info i/we havent read/heard

Read the transcript from our live chat about the search for Mickey Shunick
10:52 AM, May. 30, 2012 

1:59
Caitlin Jacob:
Ok, we're ready to get started. Participating in today's chat are Megan Wyatt and Amanda McElfresh, two of our reporters who have been heavily involved in reporting on the Mickey Shunick case.

2:00
Comment From Lola
Why was the volunteer search called off and then resumed?

2:00
AmandaMcElfresh:
Lola: The volunteer coordinators felt that everyone needed to take a little break, step back from things
and regroup. Texas Equusearch teams were still out today.

2:05
Comment From Emily
Do LE believe this is an abduction/kindapping or an accident?

2:06
AmandaMcElfresh:
Emily: They haven't ruled out anything and don't seem to be leaning in any particular direction.
The damage to the bike does add to the hit-and-run theory, but I think there are still some problems
 with that, personally. Everything is still on the table as far as LE is concerned.

2:09
Comment From Carrie
Has a special task force been set up though the LPD?

2:10
AmandaMcElfresh:
Carrie: Not a task force, per se, but the LPD has about 40 officers working on it and they are getting
assistance from a lot of other agencies (other sheriff's office, state police, FBI.) So there are a lot of
dedicated resources even if it's not an official task force.

2:11
Comment From Anne
Is there reason to believe that Mickey turned off of St. Landry before being caught on camera again,
 or is it assumed that she was abducted between the camera she was seen on and the following,
which captured the truck and car?

2:12
AmandaMcElfresh:
Anne: The last place the camera saw her was on St. Landry Street, riding her bike past the LCG
building there. From there, police don't know how far she made it, whether she turned on a side
street, etc. She hasn't been seen on any other footage that has been reviewed so far.

2:12
Comment From Acadien
What was the extent of the damage on her bike? Was there any paint residue? 2:12
Comment From Liz
When will Forensics know more about the bike

2:13
AmandaMcElfresh:
The back rim of the bike was damaged and the tire was dislodged. Forensics/state police crime
lab will be looking for any paint residue. They haven't given an exact time frame yet. It is a priority
for state police and they started working on it immediately, but are also taking their time to make
sure they don't miss anything.

2:13
AmandaMcElfresh:
I would guess maybe a week or so, but that's just a guess re: forensic results.
2:23
Comment From Lauren
Any reason why LE only took 24 hours to search Whiskey Bay? Did they find something that
led them to believe Mickey wasn't there? Seems awfully soon to stop searching there.

2:24
AmandaMcElfresh:
Lauren: The police said they didn't find anything else significant there besides the bike.
The timeframe seems short but there were a LOT of police out there very quickly, so you
 had several people searching.

2:25
Comment From john
where will the majority of the volunteer searchers begin tomorrow?

2:25
Comment From Jim
will the volunteer search parties be allowed into the basin? Sherburne? Army corps of engineers land?

2:26
AmandaMcElfresh:
The searches will start at Blackham Coliseum at 8 a.m. I haven't heard of which areas they will be looking at.
 I think that is part of today's break and re-grouping.

------------------------- this one stuck out,bike was 30 mile away.....................

2:30
Comment From Shane
Was the Missing Poster at whiskey bay that we all saw on tv put there by the camera crew or was it
there when LE arrived

2:31
AmandaMcElfresh:
Shane: It was definitely there when LE got there. It had the tape the volunteers are using and definitely
looked like it had been there a few days.
---------------------------------
2:32
Comment From Guest
Any possibility that this case is linked to the girl that went missing two days after Mickey in Picayune, MS?

2:32
AmandaMcElfresh:
We're going to try to get a better look of the exact area soon.

2:33
AmandaMcElfresh:
I've heard about the Picayne, Miss. case but haven't had a lot of time to look into it. Police have said
 they don't think Mickey's case is tied to any others but I'm sure they will keep looking at new cases
for possible connections. Can't 100 percent rule anything out yet.
------------------
a map i did
Lafayette, LA to Picayune, MS
161 mile
http://goo.gl/maps/RBEQ
------------------
2:33
Comment From Debbie
If she was reported missing Saturday evening why was she not oficially considered a missing person
until Monday? What, if anything did LE do on Saturday and Sunday to find her?

2:34
AmandaMcElfresh:
Debbie: Police took a report from her family around 6:30 p.m. Saturday, May 19, then canvassed the
 Ryan Street area. There was some info about an ultimately unrelated case that prompted detectives
to look into the Mickey case further on Sunday afternoon (5/20).

2:39
Comment From Carrie
On Nancy Grace they reported that over 200 sex offenders lived in the general vincinity of Mickey's
home off Governor Miro but I thought that sex offenders could not live within so many miles of a school.
 Prairie Elementary is less than 1 mile from the Shunick home....Is anyone verifying this information?

2:40
AmandaMcElfresh:
Carrie: We are looking into the sex offenders angle. I'm not sure the exact radius re: distance from a
school. Good point, we'll be sure to look at it.

2:40
AmandaMcElfresh:
BTW, there are not 200 offenders near the Gov. Miro house, it's about 200 between Ryan Street and
 Gov. Miro along the route she most likely took.

2:45
Comment From Raine
Is there an updated map of her known path and assumed path. Also, does anyone know the reason
why she typically chose to avoid the straight shot home down Congress?

2:47
AmandaMcElfresh:
Raine: They're not 100 percent sure where she went after she was riding on St. Landry, if she turned
right or left onto Johnston or Congress, or cut through some other neighborhoods. Most bicyclists,
 including Mickey, avoid major routes, thinking they are more dangerous because of more traffic.
2:49
Comment From Denice Skinner
As to the sex offenders, Amanda would your agree that there are many sex offenders in the viciity of
the ryan street house because Aciadian Outreach used to have their headquarters in the neighborhood
accross (Mills Addition). Would you agree that tose numbers may be misleading, because many of the
homeless were using the Acadiana Outreach address (for a while anyway). There are still several in that
area (Mills) - but it's not what it appears. My impression is that you have to discount how many of the are
registered at those non profits because they received services from them and then those addresses have
 popped up on certain data bases. Including the sherffi's half way house that was in that nearby neighborhood,
etc.

2:50
AmandaMcElfresh:
I don't know what connection there is to the sex offender count and Acadiana Outreach.

2:50
Megan Wyatt:
Also, in a 2 mile radius from The Daily Advertiser office, there are more than 100 sex offenders. The
count does not seem to be a stretch to us that there are 200 between 100 Ryan Street and Mickey's home.
2:51
Comment From Debbie
Were any of the carnival workers in town that night contacted/questioned?
2:52
AmandaMcElfresh:
Debbie: I'm sure that is something the police have looked at, but they do not seem to be leaning in that direction right now.

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #195 on: May 30, 2012, 11:45:28 PM »

something is going on again. Rumor has it they are back at Whiskey Bay tonight. IMO someone went all the way there to dump the bike, they left her there too....

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #196 on: May 30, 2012, 11:51:35 PM »

something is going on again. Rumor has it they are back at Whiskey Bay tonight. IMO someone went all the way there to dump the bike, they left her there too....

Recap of tonight's Mickey Shunick update: Several different law enforcement agencies are back at the Whiskey Bay exit. According to our crew at the scene, dive teams are searching the area. Cpl. Paul Mouton they are back to conduct a second search because potential evidence has been found. TV-10 is in contact with police and a spokesperson for Mickey Shunick's family and will bring you any updates as they become available.

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #197 on: May 30, 2012, 11:53:51 PM »

Latest Update More potential evidence in Mickey Shunick disappearance

10:10 PM by KATC

Lafayette Police confirm their mobile command unit is back out at Whiskey Bay tonight for a secondary search related to the Mickey Shunick case. Something was found in Whiskey Bay that has potential to be evidence, but police aren't talking specifics. Some of the agencies on the scene of where there could be potential evidence in Mickey Shunick's disappearance are Louisiana State Police, Lafayette Police, Lafayette Sheriff's Office and St. Martin Parish Sheriff's Office.

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/
 an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: May 31, 2012, 12:11:22 AM »

Officers of the Lafayette Police Department were back on the street Wednesday afternoon along St. Landry between Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center and Blackham Coliseum looking for clues in the missing person case of Mickey Shunick.
 Five officers were on foot around 2:30 p.m. walking toward Coliseum Road via St. Landry and St. Landry Extended while another remained in his unit, lights flashing, to alert approaching drivers of the search in progress.

A Louisiana State Police vehicle was on the scene briefly before leaving the area.

Shunick's damaged Schwinn bicycle was found submerged Sunday in the Atcafalya Basin by fisherman near the Wiskey Bay exit on Interstate 10. The rear rim was damaged and the tire dislodged; its gold handgrips were found near the bike.

http://www.theind.com/news/10625-lpd-canvas-st-landry-to-coliseum-road
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #199 on: May 31, 2012, 12:19:03 AM »

With the bike's condition, police have also revealed their discovery of off-road tire tracks near the bridge where the bike was found.'We strongly believe that the person, or perpetrator, drove down to the edge of the water and dumped the bike into the water for it not to be found, Cpl. Paul Mouton of the Lafayette Police Department told ABC.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2152509/Bike-Michaela-Mickey-Shunick-damaged-suggesting-victim-hit-run.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.