April 24, 2024, 02:52:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mickey Shunick 22 years old, Lafayette, LA MISSING 5/19/2012(BODY FOUND)  (Read 170578 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: June 07, 2012, 10:38:54 PM »

http://www.katc.com/news/private-investigator-says-new-developments-in-mickey-shunick-disappearance/

Private investigator says new developments in Mickey Shunick disappearance
Posted: Jun 7, 2012 5:43 PM by Tonya LaCoste
Updated: Jun 7, 2012 5:43 PM

The private investigator tracking Mickey Shunick's disappearance says he has credible information about two people who could be involved in her disappearance. John Abdella says two people who don't know each other called him with almost identical descriptions. The calls were made days apart, and he believes something good will come out of this.  ::snipping2::
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #241 on: June 08, 2012, 11:50:46 AM »

Female Torso Found on Mississippi Beach
Posted: Jun 8, 2012 7:37 AM

::snipping2::

a white female that was found by construction crews on the beach Thursday night. Officials tell us they are working to identify the body which had no head, legs or arms. The body did have a stab wound to the chest. Officials say it appears to be the body of a woman in her late teens or early twenties.  There are currently three young women missing from the south: Mickey Shunick from Lafayette, Jaren Lockhart from New Orleans and Brittany Nicole Wood from Alabama.

http://www.katc.com/news/female-torso-found-on-mississippi-beach/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #242 on: June 08, 2012, 11:53:17 AM »

Female torso found on beach in Bay St. Louis
Updated: Jun 08, 2012 4:52 AM MDT

Authorities are not sure if the limbs were intentionally removed.

Authorities confirmed they don't have any missing females reported in Bay St. Louis at this time but there are reports of missing females in our neighboring states.

http://www.wlox.com/story/18733720/female-torso-found-on-beach-in-bay-st-louis
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: June 08, 2012, 11:54:05 AM »

http://www.wlox.com/story/18733720/female-torso-found-on-beach-in-bay-st-louis
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: June 08, 2012, 12:00:26 PM »

Female Torso Found on Mississippi Beach
Posted: Jun 8, 2012 7:37 AM

a white female that was found by construction crews on the beach Thursday night. Officials tell us they are working to identify the body which had no head, legs or arms. The body did have a stab wound to the chest. Officials say it appears to be the body of a woman in her late teens or early twenties.  There are currently three young women missing from the south: Mickey Shunick from Lafayette, Jaren Lockhart from New Orleans and Brittany Nicole Wood from Alabama.

http://www.katc.com/news/female-torso-found-on-mississippi-beach/

OMGosh.  I wonder if it's  one of the three? I believe Mickey Shunick's family is still holding on to hope she's alive.  The news of finding a young woman's body in the area has to be scarey, because of the chance it could be Mickey.   Or could it be still another young woman?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #245 on: June 08, 2012, 12:13:39 PM »

Latest Update Body in Bay St. Louis not Mickey Shunick

10:56 AM

According to Mickey Shunick's family, law enforcement confirms the body found in Bay St. Louis is not Mickey Shunick. The torso has three piercings - one in each nipple and the navel. Mickey does not have piercings,

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #246 on: June 08, 2012, 12:28:05 PM »

Latest Update Body in Bay St. Louis not Mickey Shunick

10:56 AM

According to Mickey Shunick's family, law enforcement confirms the body found in Bay St. Louis is not Mickey Shunick. The torso has three piercings - one in each nipple and the navel. Mickey does not have piercings,

This news must be a relief to Mickey's family, but it's going to be some bad news for another family.  Sad.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: June 08, 2012, 12:37:58 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1206/07/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
New Video Emerges of Butcher of Montreal; Secrets Revealed in Husband`s 911 Call?; New Search for Mickey; Adventure to Slim; Salute to the Troops
Aired June 7, 2012 - 19:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

Plus racecar superstar Foster Graham joins the desperate search for missing Louisiana college student Mickey Shunick. Canine rescue teams scour the streets as cops send out alerts for this beautiful 22-year-old. Graham talks to me alongside Mickey`s family. Plus, what I found when I went to New Orleans this weekend to investigate.
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Two fishermen found Mickey`s bike under the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Police released photos of three vehicles they say were in the area. Now they want to talk to those drivers.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We just want her back. We want her safe. We want our friend.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She left here at this house around 2:00 in the morning.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It was Mickey`s family who confirmed the bike as hers.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: For the first time in days the Shunick family and investigators have something to go on.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We want our daughter back and that would make everything better.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, as a new canine search team joins the hunt for beautiful, missing Mickey Shunick, a famous race car driver is doing everything he can to bring Mickey home; this beautiful, petite, college co- ed last seen riding her bike home from a friend`s house on May 18th.

Here is the last known video of Mickey just moments before she vanished -- see her there on the bike. Her bike later found under a bridge in the opposite direction of her house. Cops still on the hunt for this white truck that was seen in the very same area at the same time Mickey was biking home.

Investigators say somebody might have abducted her and then hopped on the I-10 freeway, a road stretching from coast to coast.

I went down to New Orleans this past weekend to investigate and talk to a retired cop. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SGT. BOBBY GUIDRY, RETIRED NEW ORLEANS POLICE: Well, with the I-10, like I said it runs -- it runs from Jacksonville all the way out to San Diego. So if anybody picked her up and put her in that car or truck, you know, there`s no telling where she could wind up. There are hundreds of cities she could be in now, but it runs the whole length of the country so that`s what the problem is.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now a race car driver, Buster Graham, is making it a I top priority to find Mickey. Watch him race on YouTube.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He`s driving the 59. The contact happens made in front of him. Some cars avoiding that and he`s one of them in the 59 and up and over that three-foot high guardrail on the inside of Pocono.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Hey, that thing is more than three foot wide. That was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, Buster, bravo for getting involved. This has been a heart-wrenching experience, obviously -- hellish for Mickey`s family. Why did you decide to jump in and what, specifically, are you doing?

BUSTER GRAHAM, RACE CAR DRIVER: Well, actually, I have an 18-year-old daughter and, you know, we were sitting down eating dinner one night and she knew I was going to get a lot of television coverage from my spectacular crash last year at Pocono. You know, she said, "Dad, you should put Mickey on the hood of your car, you know. It`s going to be seen by millions of people."

And it kind of went in one ear and out the other. And the more I thought about it -- I actually thought about it for about a day. And I just said, you know what; I`m going to go down to the Shunicks. See what they think about it --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I have to say, I`m going jump in here for time. One thing that is so troubling about this case is that Mickey went missing by this major freeway. I spent some time on this exact highway in New Orleans, not far from where she disappeared, riding along with a retired cop and I asked him how cops should handle a case like this?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

GUIDRY: We put out, you know, alerts and we try to send BOLOs out -- Be on the Look Out for -- and we notify everybody, all of the police departments and all the agencies that would border and all the state policemen all over the states that were anywhere around I-10 to be on the lookout for this white truck that`s a suspect.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I want to go out to Tom Shunick, Mickey Shunick`s father. Your daughter is missing; our hearts go out to you. I couldn`t stop thinking about it all weekend in New Orleans. It was just heart- wrenching.

Tom what are cops telling you right now about their search and what they found?

TOM SHUNICK, FATHER OF MICKEY SHUNICK: All I really know is just that. That they found the bike; if they found anything else, you know, and they`re not letting me know any of the details and I don`t want them to.

I don`t need to know that, you know. I`m not going to find her, and I might just let it slip by saying something. Other than finding the bike and a lot of the search teams out there I really don`t know too much more.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #248 on: June 08, 2012, 12:49:46 PM »

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/DG/20120608/NEWS01/206080323/-Encouraged-by-findings?odyssey=nav%7Chead

'Encouraged' by findings
12:33 AM, Jun. 8, 2012

A private investigator hired by the family of Michaela "Mickey" Shunick said he is encouraged by clues in the case, and suggests that two individuals may have been involved in the Lafayette woman's disappearance.

John Abdella said Thursday he received a tip from a "good source" with descriptions of two people involved in Lafayette incidents similar to the Shunick case. The tip reinforces Abdella's sense that two people were involved in the University of Louisiana at Lafayette student's disappearance.

"I think it's two people involved," said Abdella, who has been sharing his results with local law enforcement and says he is "aligned" with police. "That's my opinion, though."

Abdella also says he has been given items thought to have been with Shunick the night she vanished.

"I'm in the process of establishing if they are, in fact, hers. We don't know yet," Abdella said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #249 on: June 08, 2012, 02:40:47 PM »

This is a map from the video

Thanks Blonde

Are investigators certain that it is Mickey who was captured on those surviellance cameras?  According to Brittly ... Mickey was tired.  It makes sense ... if Brittly's words reflects the truth ... Mickey would take the most direct route home.  After all ... it is 2:00 AM.  Is there something I am not getting?

Janet

++++

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Friend Speaks Out about Mickey Shunick Disappearance
Aired May 23, 2012 - 19:00   ET

<snipped>

VELEZ-MITCHELL:  Straight out to our exclusive guest, Brettly Wilson, the very last person to see Mickey Shunick before she vanished.

Brettly, thank you so much for joining us tonight. Let`s just start by -- if you can tell us what happened, you`re at this Artmosphere with apparently nine other friends, including Mickey. And how did you end up getting separated from eight of them and then you and Mickey going back to your place?

WILSON: [color=blue]Well, Mickey was pretty tired[/color]. Her sister had come in the night before. They were both going to go to her brother`s graduation the next night. And so she as ready to go before anyone else was.

By the end of the night came, everyone decided they were going to go their separate ways. They didn`t want food. They wanted to go home and didn`t want to go somewhere else. So me and Mickey took off towards my house, and I offered to get her food at a nearby Taco Bell.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So you went -- you went to Taco Bell straight from Artmosphere, or did you go home first?

WILSON: We went to my house. It was too late to bike indoors (ph) with Taco Bell. So we got in the car, and I took her through the drive- through. She picked something up, brought it back. She ate it.

At that point we got two phone calls from friends, asking, you know, where we were, checking on us and saying they were going to go get food somewhere else. At that point, Mickey decided she was still too tired. She had gotten food and so she had wanted to go home at that point.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/23/ijvm.01.html

Police: Missing La. student seen in surveillance video
Updated 1d 16h ago

LAFAYETTE, La. – A week-old surveillance video showing a bicyclist believed to be Michaela "Mickey" Shunick has offered renewed hope of finding the missing college student soon.

Lafayette police released footage Friday night that they believe shows Shunick, a 22-year-old senior anthropology major at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, riding her bicycle in downtown Lafayette.

Police said one segment of video shows the cyclist on Versailles Boulevard, traveling toward St. John Street at 1:47 a.m. CDT May 19. She then traveled onto St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street, where she was seen on another video at 1:48 a.m.

<snipped>

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-05-26/missing-louisiana-student-surveillance-video/55215060/1

Police 'flooded' with tips in search for missing Louisiana college student Michaela Shunick
Published May 27, 2012

<snipped>

The search for Michaela "Mickey" Shunick intensified after police released surveillance videos Friday showing a bicyclist thought to be the missing 22-year-old college student.

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/27/police-flooded-with-tips-in-search-for-missing-louisiana-college-student/

Until a spokesperson for the investigation states that the blurry image captured on surviellance as been "positively" identified as Mickey ... I remain a skeptic.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #250 on: June 08, 2012, 02:58:30 PM »

The best I could do

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: June 08, 2012, 06:07:15 PM »

Thanks Blonde.

Maybe the image ... as blurry as it is ... does reveal something to authorities/family ... something that would identify the cyclist as Mickey.

Thanks for posting the images.  I don't have a clue.

However ... I just just did my first scan yesterday.  I never knew I had a scanner attached to my printer.  My son/DIL/daughter had always willingly done the deed for me.  However ... yesterday when I made the request ... my son stated that I could do it myself.  He baby-stepped me through the process.  It was so simple.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: June 08, 2012, 08:58:37 PM »

Latest Update Special K-9's Help in Mickey Search, Final Volunteer Effort This Weekend
07:19 PM June 8 2012

At first there were concerns the body found in Bay St. Louis could have been Mickey Shunick. But the family ruled that out early Friday, saying Mickey does not have any of the body piercings found on that female body.

"It's not my sister, so we need to keep searching, it's not Mickey," said Mickey's sister, Charlie Shunick.

After a brief scare, hope remains that Mickey is out there, alive and will be found. Charlie said volunteers will give one more push this weekend in the ground searches for her sister.

"I know she's still out there, we got to find her, something good is coming soon. So we just need people to, let's get a big rush, get everything knocked out so we can start looking other places, like we need those foot soldiers out here," she said.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #253 on: June 09, 2012, 02:58:10 PM »

TORSO ID'd as Jaren Lockhart

Torso identified as missing New Orleans woman, pathologist confirms
Updated: Jun 09, 2012 1:56 PM EDT

HANCOCK COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -
As more body parts wash up on South Mississippi's beaches, officials now say they are 100 percent positive the torso found in Bay St. Louis Thursday belongs to Jaren Lockhart of New Orleans. The 22-year-old has been missing since Tuesday.
snip
http://www.wdam.com/story/18744991/torso-identified-as-missing-new-orleans-woman-pathologist-confirms

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: June 11, 2012, 11:44:28 AM »

TORSO ID'd as Jaren Lockhart

Torso identified as missing New Orleans woman, pathologist confirms
Updated: Jun 09, 2012 1:56 PM EDT

HANCOCK COUNTY, MS (WLOX) -
As more body parts wash up on South Mississippi's beaches, officials now say they are 100 percent positive the torso found in Bay St. Louis Thursday belongs to Jaren Lockhart of New Orleans. The 22-year-old has been missing since Tuesday.
snip
http://www.wdam.com/story/18744991/torso-identified-as-missing-new-orleans-woman-pathologist-confirms

Link to Jaren Lockhart's Missing Person's thread moved to "Missing Found Deceased".
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13218.0

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #255 on: June 11, 2012, 07:19:41 PM »

janet i dont see the person as mickey either,if it is where is her bike,and on the route, this
is the only 25mph while flashing sign i could find,its a img from the corner of st john and
Versailles Blvd.......  http://goo.gl/maps/98Bb

Thanks Blonde.

Maybe the image ... as blurry as it is ... does reveal something to authorities/family ... something that would identify the cyclist as Mickey.

Thanks for posting the images.  I don't have a clue.

However ... I just just did my first scan yesterday.  I never knew I had a scanner attached to my printer.  My son/DIL/daughter had always willingly done the deed for me.  However ... yesterday when I made the request ... my son stated that I could do it myself.  He baby-stepped me through the process.  It was so simple.

Janet

The best I could do

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: June 11, 2012, 08:31:47 PM »

HQ for Mickey Shunick Search Moves

Posted: Jun 11, 2012 1:27 PM
Updated: Jun 11, 2012 1:52 PM

The new headquarters for those looking to help find Mickey Shunick is at 2811 Johnston Street. It's located in the same shopping mall as Lafayette Bowling Lanes and Twins Bakery

http://www.katc.com/news/hq-for-mickey-shunick-search-moves/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: June 11, 2012, 08:34:51 PM »

Search for Mickey Shunick moves into Day 23

Posted: Jun 11, 2012 10:56 AM MDT Updated: Jun 11, 2012 4:56 PM MDT

LAFAYETTE, LA (WAFB) -
It's been two weeks since detectives found her bike. But nothing else. It's been about three weeks since she was last seen.

At one time volunteers, hundreds of them, were out looking for Mickey. Her relatives still believe she is alive, and they are waiting anxiously for her safe return.

"I thought I'd be back in Dallas by now. We'd find her after a couple of days, stay for a week or two," Charlie Shunick said.

Twenty-three days later, Charlie Shunick is still clad in a T-shirt bearing her sister's name, buttons that bring hope and handmade bracelets from children in the community. Her father, Tom, says he is having a hard time coming to grips with his daughter's disappearance

http://www.wafb.com/story/18756921/search-for-mickey-shunick-moves-into-day-23
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: June 11, 2012, 08:36:29 PM »

Shunick search: 'We just wanted to give back'
 1:03 AM, Jun. 10, 2012 

Michaela "Mickey" Shunick went missing on Rachael Taylor's wedding day.

While on her honeymoon in Jamaica, Taylor — a childhood friend of Shunick's older sister, Charlie — watched the story of the Lafayette woman's disappearance unfold through media reports and social networking. At the time, all Taylor could do to help was share the story about Shunick with her Facebook friends. By the time Taylor returned, her sister, Jamie, said she had used her own money to order 500 bracelets embroidered with "Find Mickey Shunick."

In less than two weeks, the sisters said they raised about $7,000.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/DG/20120610/NEWS01/206100352/Shunick-search-We-just-wanted-give-back-?odyssey=nav%7Chead
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #259 on: June 11, 2012, 08:40:19 PM »

I was hoping they would have found her by now. Continued prayers for Mickey and her family and loved ones. an angelic monkey
Fix name.  MB
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:49:29 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.