April 25, 2024, 02:35:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mickey Shunick 22 years old, Lafayette, LA MISSING 5/19/2012(BODY FOUND)  (Read 170593 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #300 on: July 06, 2012, 01:29:58 PM »

Live Stream for the Press Conference

http://www.katc.com/pages/katc-live-streams/

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: July 06, 2012, 01:32:20 PM »

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

Active Scene in Mickey Shunick Case
(July 6, 2012) 12:14 PM by Melissa Canone
There is still an active scene going on in Lawtell in the case of Mickey Shunick. Lafayette Police Department and St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Office are at the home of Brandon Scott Lavergne, who is being charged with 1st Degree Murder and Aggravated Kidnapping of Shunick.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: July 06, 2012, 01:37:06 PM »

TM - the live stream isn't opening for me, is it for you?
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #303 on: July 06, 2012, 01:40:27 PM »

You can listen here:

http://973thedawg.com/listen-to-shunick-press-conference-streaming/

Saying they will show it live here too:

http://www.wafb.com/Global/category.asp?C=4182

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: July 06, 2012, 01:41:22 PM »

TM - the live stream isn't opening for me, is it for you?

Not yet, I think it may still be a little early for it.  That's what I'm hoping anyway.  But I was looking for other links too just in case.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #305 on: July 06, 2012, 01:42:53 PM »

Thanks TM, thought it was me 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #306 on: July 06, 2012, 01:49:12 PM »

Working now, setting up for the PC
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #307 on: July 06, 2012, 01:57:09 PM »

Thanks TM, thought it was me 

YW, I can see it now too!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #308 on: July 06, 2012, 02:00:03 PM »

This live feed is working for me too:

http://www.wafb.com/story/18961076/man-charged

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: July 06, 2012, 02:04:00 PM »

I think I like this one better
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #310 on: July 06, 2012, 02:05:33 PM »

I think I like this one better

Me too, I'm staying here!   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #311 on: July 06, 2012, 02:26:04 PM »

http://twitter.com/#!/NBC33NEWS

2m NBC33 News ‏@NBC33NEWS
When asked about motive the police chief said simply,'he's a sex offender'
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite

8m NBC33 News ‏@NBC33NEWS
Chief says evidence leads police to believe Shunick is dead.
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite

12m NBC33 News ‏@NBC33NEWS
Police say they're still hopeful they'll bring Mickey home.
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite

13m NBC33 News ‏@NBC33NEWS
Suspect is not cooperating as of now and has requested lawyer.
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite

14m NBC33 News ‏@NBC33NEWS
Vehicle helped lead police to suspect
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite

15m NBC33 News ‏@NBC33NEWS
'An arrest has been made but work to be done' says Lafayette police chief
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite

17m NBC33 News ‏@NBC33NEWS
Press conference has started
Expand
 Reply  Retweet  Favorite

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: July 06, 2012, 02:29:27 PM »

A call in to the tip line from a citizen is what led them to the truck and Brandon Lavergne.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #313 on: July 06, 2012, 02:30:59 PM »

A call in to the tip line from a citizen is what led them to the truck and Brandon Lavergne.

If it was the same guy from the other forum that I posted about last night, he might not have ever put the two together without the pictures that were released of the vehicles of interest.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #314 on: July 06, 2012, 02:47:33 PM »

Calling all angels...help them find Mickey!   an angelic monkey

I don't want that POS to have anything to bargain with.   

Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #315 on: July 06, 2012, 03:10:13 PM »

If it was the same guy from the other forum that I posted about last night, he might not have ever put the two together without the pictures that were released of the vehicles of interest.

Without trying to deter from Mickey's case, this is one example of when releasing information to the public helps catch these criminals and predators.  Many people are wondering why a sketch has not been released in the Kyron Horman case when there were several witnesses who saw the man that Kyron left Skyline Elementary with.  Now that case is cold and a predator is still on the loose who will almost assuredly go after another child. 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #316 on: July 06, 2012, 03:10:32 PM »

Video of the press conference here:

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/crimetracker/more-details-provided-on-the-arrest-in-the-mickey-shunick-case

More details provided on the arrest in the Mickey Shunick case

POSTED: Friday, July 6, 2012 - 12:30pm
UPDATED: Friday, July 6, 2012 - 1:43pm

LAFAYETTE, LA (NBC33) — The Lafayette Police Department held a press conference on Friday, July 6 to update the public in regards to the arrest made in the Mickey Shunick investigation. Police Chief Jim Craft detailed how Brandon Scott Lavergne was identified as a suspect, but provided little details regarding why he was charged with First-Degree Murder and Aggravated Kidnapping.

“I must caution all of you that although an arrest has been made in this case, much work is left to be done,” Chief Craft said. “On May 19 the Shunick family reported Mickey missing… On May 25 video evidence was recovered from a Lafayette government building that captured Mickey on her bike.

“Several vehicles were also captured on the video and broadcast to the public. All the vehicles of interest were ruled out except for a white, Chevrolet Z 71 pickup truck. The driver, as well as the vehicle, was never identified, nor did anyone come forward.

“On May 26, Mickey’s bike was located under the Whiskey Bay Bridge with damage to rear tire, consistent with being struck by a vehicle.

“On June 14, investigators received information from a concerned citizen regarding a white Z 71 pickup that may be involved in Mickey’s disappearance. The vehicle in question was registered to Brandon Lavergne.

“Further investigation revealed that this truck was reported stolen in Montgomery County, Texas and later located in San Jacinto County, Texas on May 21. The truck had been burned. It was just days after the truck was located that the police had released photographs of that vehicle being a vehicle of interest. Based on information and surveillance detectives were able to positively identify the truck that traveled directly behind Mickey in the video as belonging to Brandon Lavergne. Investigators were also able to place Brandon Lavergne in and around the location of where the bicycle was located beneath the whiskey

Thursday July 5, Louisiana State Police conducted a traffic stop on Lavergne at the intersection of I-10 and I-49. He was arrested on an unrelated warrant and he was transported to the Lafayette Police Department. During questioning Lavergne was questioned and requested an attorney. He refused to cooperate with our investigation any further.

“At that time he was charged with the Aggravated Kidnapping and First-Degree Murder of Mickey Shunick.

“We will not rest until we fully understand what happened to Mickey,” he concluded.

::snipping2::

Also some video here:

https://www.facebook.com/wvlanbc33

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: July 06, 2012, 03:24:11 PM »

Police: Shunick suspect not cooperating

Posted: Jul 05, 2012 8:57 PM CDT
Updated: Jul 06, 2012 1:44 PM CDT
By WAFB Staff - email

LAFAYETTE, LA (WAFB) -
The Lafayette Police department says the suspect in the death of Mickey Shunick has refused to cooperate with the investigation.   

Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft says evidence in the case suggests Shunick is dead.  However, he says, her body has not been found.  Shunick disappeared in May while riding her bike home in Lafayette.

Craft says a burned truck that was discovered near Houston, Texas in June was later found to be registered to the suspect in this case, Brandon Lavergne.

::snipping2::

Craft says, after the arrest on Thursday, Lavergne was brought the Lafayette Police Department and, during initial questioning, Lavergne requested an attorney and refused to answer any further questions.   

Lavergne, 33, is an offshore worker. He had been working offshore for the past two weeks just prior to his arrest on Thursday, police said.

Surveillance video from a business showed Mickey Shunick riding her bike home. It also showed a white truck in the area at the time. Craft says that police were able to identify the truck found in Texas as being the same truck shown in that surveillance video.

Shunick's bicycle was found in a swampy area at the Whiskey Bay exit of Interstate 10 eight days after she disappeared. Police said that the bicycle had damage to it that is consistent with it being struck by a vehicle.

Craft says his detectives have evidence that shows Lavergne was in the Whiskey Bay near the time that bike was discovered. "We can place his vehicle in that area at that time," Craft said. He would not give further details.

However, Lavergne's cell phone was confiscated at the time of his arrest.  Police frequently use cell phone records to determine if a suspect's cell phone was in contact with cell phone towers in a particular area at a particular time.

Craft says Shunick's body has not been found but evidence in the case indicates she is dead.  He would not elaborate.

At the time of his arrest, Lavergne was driving a white pickup that is the same model as the one he previously owned. Craft says records show Lavergne purchased another truck, almost identical to the first, after Shunick disappeared.

"We will not rest until we find out what happened to her," Craft said.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #318 on: July 06, 2012, 04:04:52 PM »

OH NO!! why did he have to kill her 
My thoughts are with her poor Family..

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #319 on: July 06, 2012, 04:51:03 PM »

I couldn't hear all of the questions asked at the Press Conference, but have read quite a few comments about a possible bite mark on the suspects hand, possibly bad enough that he needed medical treatment.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/display.aspx?p=34500064&pg=8

Eighteen
LSU Fan
Member since Dec 2006
10920 posts

re: Mickey Shunick Press Conference Thread 1pm CST **Summary Added**   (Posted on 7/6/12 at 1:26 p.m. to SidBream)

quote:
How do they know she bit him?

Not sure, a reporter asked "was there a bite mark on his hand" and the PIO said "no comment" pretty much immediately...a lot faster than his others where he would pause and say "we cant comment on that"

This post was edited on 7/6 at 1:26 pm

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.