April 24, 2024, 01:46:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mickey Shunick 22 years old, Lafayette, LA MISSING 5/19/2012(BODY FOUND)  (Read 170577 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #320 on: July 06, 2012, 06:56:13 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mickey-shunick-case-police-charge-sexual-offender-murder/story?id=16722499

Mickey Shunick Case: Police Charge Sexual Offender With Murder

By ANTHONY CASTELLANO and KEVIN DOLAK (@kdolak)
July 6, 2012

::snipping2::

The Shunick family released a statement on Friday following the arrest from the Mickey Shunick Headquarters in Lafayette, La.

"All we want is Mickey back. All we care about is finding out what happened and getting our girl back. We are holding up fine and staying positive, the chances of her being alive today are the same as they were yesterday, and for that reason we are Keeping the Faith," the family said.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #321 on: July 06, 2012, 07:02:47 PM »

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

Siding being removed off Lavergne's house

04:35 PM by Maddie Garrett

According to deputies in St. Landry Parish, they are right now removing the skirting from around Lavergne's trailer. The spokesperson tells us neighbors tipped them off. Neighbors told them Lavergne recently replaced all that same siding around his house, and they were checking underneath for more evidence.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: July 06, 2012, 07:03:50 PM »

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor

Verbatim from LPD news conference in Mickey Shunick case

02:42 PM by Melissa Canone

This is the release from the Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft in regards to an arrest made in Mickey Shunick Case:

The Lafayette Police Department would like to extend its appreciation to the Shunick Family, all of the law enforcement agencies involved in this investigation, countless volunteers, private business entities, and the public that have assisted in the search and continue to be there as this investigation remains ongoing. I must caution all of you that although an arrest has been made in this case, much work remains to be done.

Working with our Federal, State and local partners, the Lafayette Police Department has arrested Brandon Scott Lavergne and charged him with 1st Degree Murder and Aggravated Kidnapping. Lavergne is believed to be responsible for the disappearance of Michaela "Mickey" Shunick.

On May 19th of this year, the Shunick family reported Mickey's disappearance. She had not returned home, missed her brother's graduation from high school, had notified no one of her location, and did not respond to calls made to her cell phone.

On May 25, video evidence was discovered from an LCG facility that captured Mickey on her bike. Several vehicles were observed in the same video and broadcast to the public as vehicles of interest. All of the vehicles of interest were ruled out except for a white Chevrolet Z71 pickup. The driver as well as the vehicle was not ever identified nor did anyone come forward.

On May 26, Mickey's bike was located under the Whiskey Bay Bridge on I-10 with damage to the rear tire consistent with being struck by a vehicle.

On June 14, Investigators received information from a concerned citizen, regarding a white Z71 that may be involved in Mickey's disappearance. The vehicle in question was registered to Brandon Lavergne. Further investigation revealed that the truck was reported stolen in Montgomery County, Texas and later located in San Jacinto County, Texas on May 31st. The truck had been burned just days after police released photographs of the truck as a vehicle of interest.

Based on information and surveillance detectives were able to positively identify the truck that traveled directly behind Mickey in the video as belonging to Brandon Lavergne. Investigators are also able to place Brandon Lavergne in and around the location of where the bicycle was located.

On Thursday, July 5, Louisiana State Police conducted a traffic stop on Lavergne near the intersection of I-10 and I-49. He was arrested on an unrelated warrant and transported to the Lafayette Police Department.

During questioning at Lafayette PD, Lavergne requested an attorney and has refused to cooperate any further with the investigation. At that time, he was additionally charged with the aggravated kidnapping and murder of Mickey Shunick.

This has been a very difficult ordeal for the Shunick Family and we thank them for their continuous cooperation, encouragement, and support in our attempts to determine what happened to Mickey. We want the family to know that we will not rest until we can fully know what happened to her. We continue our efforts to locate and bring Mickey home.

This type of case can overwhelm one agency. A tremendous amount of time, equipment, and resources have been put into this investigation. I would be remiss in my duties if I did not acknowledge and thank all of the agencies and private businesses that have been with us from day one of this case: LPSO, ULPD, Lafayette City Marshal's Office, LSP, SMSO, SLSO, Iberia SO, Iberville SO, East Baton Rouge SO, Acadia SO, Patterson PD, FBI, US Marshal's Service, LSP Crime Lab, Acadian Crime Lab, C & C Technologies, and Holbrook Media. It is these types of partnerships that have made an arrest possible in this matter.

I will take questions at this time but I want to caution you that because the investigation is on-going, there is a lot of information that we will not be able to divulge or discuss.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #323 on: July 06, 2012, 07:06:25 PM »

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor

New timeline of events from Mickey's disappearance

(July 6, 2012) 02:12 PM by KATC

New timeline in Mickey Shunick's disappearance

May 18, 2012, 10:15 p.m. : Mickey and friends attended a concert at Artmosphere.

May 19, 2012, 12:44 a.m. : Mickey rides bike back to Ryan Street residence with a friend.

May 19, 2012, 1:24 a.m.: Mickey seen in surveillance video at Taco Bell.

May 19, 2012, 1:31 a.m.: Mickey receives a call from her friend; it was the last time her phone was used.

May 19, 2012, 1:45 a.m.: Mickey begins to ride her bike home from the Ryan Street residence.

May 19, 2012, 1:47 a.m. : Mickey is caught on camera, riding her bike, on Versailles Boulevard.

May 19, 2012, 1:48 a.m.: Mickey is caught on camera, riding her bike, on St. Landry Street. Police say between St. Landry and Blackham Coliseum, Lavergne kidnapped Mickey. Her bike's damage is consistent with being hit from behind by a vehicle.

May 19, 2012, 6:30 p.m.: Mickey's family reports her missing to police.

May 20, 2012 : The first search party is organized.

May 25, 2012: The video surveillance photos were released to the public.

May 26, 2012: Mickey's bike was located under the Whiskey Bay Bridge.

May 31, 2012: Lafayette Police say Lavergne's truck was found burned in San Jacinto County, TX.

June 14, 2012: Lafayette Police get the tip the white truck of interest was found burned in Texas. Lafayette Police say it's Lavergne's truck.

July 5, 2012: State Police stop Lavergne on a traffic stop in a new white truck and arrest him on a warrant related to registering as a sex offender. He's also booked on first degree murder and kidnapping charges. Police say he is not cooperating.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: July 06, 2012, 07:16:05 PM »

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

Siding being removed off Lavergne's house

04:35 PM by Maddie Garrett

According to deputies in St. Landry Parish, they are right now removing the skirting from around Lavergne's trailer. The spokesperson tells us neighbors tipped them off. Neighbors told them Lavergne recently replaced all that same siding around his house, and they were checking underneath for more evidence.

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

Ashley Nicole This is a new house his house burnt down last year so there was no reason for him to change it already lets pray Mickey comes home soon
about an hour ago via mobile · Like · 18

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #325 on: July 06, 2012, 07:27:55 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151029944096969&set=a.10150631405946969.384778.61662826968&type=3&theater

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #326 on: July 06, 2012, 07:36:30 PM »

http://www.theadvertiser.com/assets/pdf/DG19168176.PDF  Just posted but original date is April 12, 1999

From the looks of this prior sexual assault report...he is very manipulative and good a lying.  He had an excuse for everything and this was thirteen years ago (age 20).   

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: July 06, 2012, 08:56:54 PM »

Super OT but I gotta ask...Labubske, is that your baby dog?  He/She's beeeyoutifull!  Love ALL animals but real partial to big baby boy dogs!  I've had 2 big boys and 1 Miniature Schnauzer girl.  They lived to be over 11 and 13 each and we miss them terribly!  To keep me from being so sad about it I just have to believe that they are Heaven protecting, loving and being loved by our dearly departed! 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: July 06, 2012, 09:24:39 PM »

http://www.theadvertiser.com/assets/pdf/DG19168176.PDF  Just posted but original date is April 12, 1999

From the looks of this prior sexual assault report...he is very manipulative and good a lying.  He had an excuse for everything and this was thirteen years ago (age 20).   

The link won't work for me, is it just me?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: July 06, 2012, 09:39:07 PM »

Looks like it's gone now. 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #330 on: July 06, 2012, 09:50:45 PM »

Thanks Klaas!   

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #331 on: July 06, 2012, 11:09:08 PM »

Thanks Klaas!   

Yep, it looks to be gone...they didn't black out the victims name very well...nor the address.  Maybe that is why.  Hopefully, they will black it out better and repost it.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #332 on: July 06, 2012, 11:12:06 PM »

Super OT but I gotta ask...Labubske, is that your baby dog?  He/She's beeeyoutifull!  Love ALL animals but real partial to big baby boy dogs!  I've had 2 big boys and 1 Miniature Schnauzer girl.  They lived to be over 11 and 13 each and we miss them terribly!  To keep me from being so sad about it I just have to believe that they are Heaven protecting, loving and being loved by our dearly departed! 

Thanks melisb...This is Luna.  She is the best dog ever...oh so gentle and sweet.  She trained easy and is so smart.  I love her so much.  I will be devastated when she goes...but, like you I believe that she will go to a doggie Heaven...it makes it a bit easier.  She is a year and a half.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: July 07, 2012, 01:21:46 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=419608138078692&set=a.190413117664863.35883.175435545829287&type=1&permPage=1

KLFY 10 Acadiana's Multimedia Station
Here is the latest picture of Brandon Lavergne from the Lafayette Parish jail.
Like ·  · Share · 6 hours ago

http://1079ishot.com/brandon-scott-lavergne-appears-before-a-judge/

Listen To Brandon Scott Lavergne As He Appears Before A Judge [AUDIO]
By: Dj Digital  |  7 hours ago

KATC has just released audio of Brandon Scott Lavergne as he appeared before a judge earlier today in his first hearing. Lavergne, 33, is currently being held on charges for aggravated kidnapping and first-degree murder in connection with the disappearance of Mickey Shunick.

The hearing was done via video feed from the Lafayette Parish Courthouse.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: July 07, 2012, 01:22:15 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=419603141412525&set=a.190413117664863.35883.175435545829287&type=1&relevant_count=1

New movement at Brandon Lavergne's home in Swords. Investigators are removing the skirting around the home. They have been searching the property all day.
Like ·  · Share · 7 hours ago via mobile

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=419620721410767&set=a.190413117664863.35883.175435545829287&type=1&permPage=1

5 hours ago
The St. Landry Parish Sheriff's Department tells TV-10's Renee Allen that the search at Brandon Lavergne's property is over. They are taking the police tape down and leaving. Some units may remain on the property but the search is over.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #335 on: July 07, 2012, 01:25:58 AM »

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/display.aspx?p=34500064&pg=35

LSU28605
LSU Fan
Baton Rouge
Member since Jan 2006
899 posts

re: Mickey Shunick Press Conference Thread 1pm CST **Summary Added**   (Posted on 7/6/12 at 9:31 p.m. to CoolHand)
Here is his latest mugshot. notice the healing cut on his neck. Our little Mickey put up a fight. the car dealer lady that he tried to buy a truck from said that his arms and hands were covered in wounds. she phoned police right away. not sure if they were onto him already at that point. either way, they've got him

LSUEnvy
LSU Fan
LakeClusterChuck
Member since May 2011
4264 posts

re: Mickey Shunick Press Conference Thread 1pm CST **Summary Added**   (Posted on 7/6/12 at 9:34 p.m. to LSU28605)
Where did you hear about the car dealer lady?

LSU28605
LSU Fan
Baton Rouge
Member since Jan 2006
899 posts

re: Mickey Shunick Press Conference Thread 1pm CST **Summary Added**   (Posted on 7/6/12 at 9:39 p.m. to LSUEnvy)
a close friend of the car dealer lady.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: July 07, 2012, 01:56:04 AM »

http://www.katc.com/videos/mickey-shunick-friday-10pm-special-coverage-1/

http://www.katc.com/videos/mickey-shunick-friday-10pm-special-coverage-2/

http://www.katc.com/videos/mickey-shunick-friday-10pm-special-coverage-3/

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #337 on: July 07, 2012, 02:56:24 AM »

From Part 1 a couple of things that stood out to me;

Lavergne had a court date scheduled to try to remove him from the sex offender registry, even though it was shown as part of his plea agreement in the earlier case, his claim was at the time of his crime the "lifetime" listing was not law.

Lavergne had altered his Driver's License to hide the fact that he is a registered sex offender.

A retired policeman that was interviewed about 40 days ago in relation to Mickey's case and gave a profile of the suspect in the case, described many things that fit the suspect charged with Mickey's kidnapping and murder.

Part 2

A blue tent like cover is visible in the backyard (where the red car is) in this video.  The tent like cover was not visible in other recent video so I do believe that it had been placed there by investigators.  Notice also that the red car was moved around.  There also appeared to be either another (white) crime scene vehicle or some kind of white cover in the background behind the blue tent like cover.  It had been stated on Facebook that they were digging up his yard, but someone else stated they couldn't see where they'd done any digging...so maybe it was in the backyard where we couldn't see?

The sign at the Corner Pantry that stirred mixed emotions in the community, was taken down today at the request of the Shunick family.

From Part 1

From Part 2

The tent like cover was also visible in a video a took this screen shot from yesterday right after the arrest.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #338 on: July 07, 2012, 03:04:01 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

Judy Bellard
We appreciate all of the heartfelt emotions shared on this page and the support given by people from near and far in this ongoing effort to bring our Mickey home, and we can't say that enough.
Now while it is understandable that negative emotions can be expressed in this kind of situation, please remember to keep everything we say POSITIVE in a public forum such as this. Regardless of what comes f...rom the police press conference later today, we have to recognize the truly amazing show of love and support shown by every person involved in this great effort. We have seen this love in the hundreds of searchers laboring for hours in the hot Louisiana summer, in the mass amounts of food and drinks donated to feed them, in the thousands of flyers put up across Louisiana and the rest of the country, and in the countless people we have met during these 48 days who had no clue who Mickey Shunick was before May 19th but nevertheless have given up a portion of their lives and their heart to reunite a young girl with her family. The main thing we need to do now is utilize that amazing wealth of love in order to overlook the unconfirmed rumors and assumptions rather than venting our anger over the internet, or elsewhere. Let's KEEP THE FAITH and stay positive and most of all LET'S BRING MICKEY HOME
Like ·  · 2 hours ago
2 people like this.

Judy Bellard from mickeys family so pray and have faith
2 hours ago · Like

So maybe there's going to be another press conference later today?

I'm wondering if she was buried in the backyard?   

I just want them to be able to bring her home.   Crying or Very sad

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #339 on: July 07, 2012, 08:36:48 AM »

Is the perp married?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.