April 23, 2024, 05:40:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mickey Shunick 22 years old, Lafayette, LA MISSING 5/19/2012(BODY FOUND)  (Read 170573 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #340 on: July 07, 2012, 10:04:55 AM »

KittyMom - no I don't believe so, but there is another Brandon Scott Lavergne also living in the Lafayette area that is 32 and might be married and also works offshore.  
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 10:09:18 AM by klaasend » Logged
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #341 on: July 07, 2012, 01:58:22 PM »

KittyMom - no I don't believe so, but there is another Brandon Scott Lavergne also living in the Lafayette area that is 32 and might be married and also works offshore. 
ok.  I was just wondering who the red car belonged to and if there might have been others in the home.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #342 on: July 07, 2012, 02:13:39 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

Judy Bellard
We appreciate all of the heartfelt emotions shared on this page and the support given by people from near and far in this ongoing effort to bring our Mickey home, and we can't say that enough.
Now while it is understandable that negative emotions can be expressed in this kind of situation, please remember to keep everything we say POSITIVE in a public forum such as this. Regardless of what comes f...rom the police press conference later today, we have to recognize the truly amazing show of love and support shown by every person involved in this great effort. We have seen this love in the hundreds of searchers laboring for hours in the hot Louisiana summer, in the mass amounts of food and drinks donated to feed them, in the thousands of flyers put up across Louisiana and the rest of the country, and in the countless people we have met during these 48 days who had no clue who Mickey Shunick was before May 19th but nevertheless have given up a portion of their lives and their heart to reunite a young girl with her family. The main thing we need to do now is utilize that amazing wealth of love in order to overlook the unconfirmed rumors and assumptions rather than venting our anger over the internet, or elsewhere. Let's KEEP THE FAITH and stay positive and most of all LET'S BRING MICKEY HOME
Like ·  · 2 hours ago
2 people like this.

Judy Bellard from mickeys family so pray and have faith
2 hours ago · Like

So maybe there's going to be another press conference later today?

I'm wondering if she was buried in the backyard?   

I just want them to be able to bring her home.   Crying or Very sad

That post was posted on another FB page https://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow before the press conference yesterday, and apparently copied to the page I linked late last night.  So they were talking about the Press Conference that has already taken place. 

Sorry if I confused anyone other than myself... 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #343 on: July 07, 2012, 02:29:22 PM »

ok.  I was just wondering who the red car belonged to and if there might have been others in the home.

The red car is his.

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=1417897&AgencyID=54417

One of the reporters asked (at the press conference) if anyone else was in the home and the answer was no.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: July 07, 2012, 03:14:50 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/la-chief-mum-missing-student-believed-dead-16730075

La. Chief Mum on Why Missing Student Believed Dead

By SHEILA V KUMAR Associated Press
LAFAYETTE, La. July 7, 2012 (AP)

::snipping2::

Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft provided few details about the investigation. He said no body has been recovered. He would not detail any evidence that led investigators to certainty that Shunick is dead.

He cautioned that while an arrest has been made, much more investigation is ahead. "Lavergne is believed to be responsible for the disappearance of Mickey Shunick," Craft said.

Craft said surveillance video that picked up Shunick shortly after she left a friend's house on May 19 led them to a white Chevrolet pickup that was seen in the same area. Police put out a community appeal seeking to identify the vehicle and its driver, but no one came forward.

A break in the case came June 14, Craft said, when a tip came into a phone hotline set up after the student's disappearance. Craft would not go into detail on how officers were led to a white pickup truck found burned in San Jacinto County, Texas, on May 31. But he said the truck was registered to Lavergne and had been reported stolen in Montgomery County, Texas.

"Based on information and surveillance, detectives were able to positively identify the truck that traveled directly behind Mickey in the video as belonging to Brandon Lavergne," Craft said. "Investigators were also able to place Brandon Lavergne in and around the location of where the bicycle was located."

Craft said Lavergne was arrested Thursday after a state police traffic stop on Interstate 10 on an unrelated warrant. Craft said Lavergne had tampered with his driver's license so that it no longer indicated he is a registered sex offender. Sex offenders in Louisiana are required to have driver's licenses that display a code identifying them as such.

The state's online list of registered sex offenders says Lavergne was convicted of aggravated oral sexual battery in 2000. He was released in 2008.

Craft said Lavergne declined to cooperate with police. He was booked in the Shunick case and was being held without bond on Friday.

"We want the family to know that we will not rest until we can fully know what happened to her. We continue our efforts to locate and bring Mickey home," Craft said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #345 on: July 07, 2012, 04:08:35 PM »

http://999ktdy.com/mickey-shunick-press-conference-audio/

Audio only of yesterday's press conference in four parts.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #346 on: July 07, 2012, 04:21:27 PM »

http://999ktdy.com/mickey-shunick-press-conference-audio/

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #347 on: July 07, 2012, 07:28:04 PM »

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/?p=47925
montgomery county stolen vehicle turns into louisiana murder charge
July 7, 2012

The story of a murdered 21-year-old University of Louisiana student has multiple ties to Texas, and the alleged killer had apparently been in Montgomery and San Jacinto Counties.

On May 18, Mickey Shunick and a friend attended a concert at the Artmosphere in Lafayette. Afterward, Shunick returned to the friend’s home and then left on her bicycle, headed for her family’s home. Shunick visited a Taco Bell in the early hours of May 19, and then the 5-foot 1-inch, 110 pound co-ed seemingly vanished into thin air. Her family reported her missing later that day.

Police investigating the case found security video from a business that showed a white Chevrolet Z-71 pickup was following Shunick. Two other vehicles captured by video cameras were located and their occupants ruled out as suspects. Police released video of the white pickup to the public on May 25, hoping it might prompt someone to come forward with information. The following day, on May 26, Shunick’s bicycle was found along I-10, partially submerged under the Whisky Bay Bridge. Damage to the rear tire indicated the bike was struck from behind by a vehicle. Sonar was used and divers from the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Dive Team searched the area without finding any additional clues.

The same day the bicycle was found, the white Chevrolet Z-71pickup now believed to have been used in the crime, was reported stolen in Montgomery County, Texas by the truck’s owner, a 33-year-old registered sex offender named Brandon Scott Lavergne, of Lawtell, Louisiana. At the time, Texas authorities had no reason to suspect anything sinister. On May 31, the truck was found burned in San Jacinto County.

In June, investigators called in Special K-9’s, a search group based in The Woodlands, to scour the area around Whisky Bay in search of remains. Jana Bickel, the group’s founder, said they took six of their trained dogs who searched the land and water in the area. The dogs alerted on a few spots on the land and one on the water, but none were productive. The dogs are trained to distinguish the scent of human remains from that of animals, Bickel said. However, she said, they also detect blood and since the area is a sort of fishing camp, they may have alerted on where a fisherman cut himself or some other injury that drew blood. Therefore, the hits may or may not have been related to Shunick.

Police called Special K-9’s back to Louisiana recently and asked them to search the area where Shunick disappeared, around Blackburn Coliseum. Two handlers used four dogs on that attempt, which was also fruitless. Another Texas-based group, Texas Equusearch, assisted with the search effort in Louisiana as well, searching for eight days in a row. Both groups have seen great success and their assistance is sought by law enforcement and desperate families in and outside the United States. But this search was a disappointment for both teams.

On Tuesday, Lafayette police stopped Lavergne on I-10 near I-49 and arrested him on a charge related to his registration as a sex offender. The offshore oilfield worker had just returned from a two-week offshore rotation and was driving a different white truck almost identical to the one he reported stolen in Texas.
Lavergne has since been charged with the first-degree Murder and Kidnapping of Mickey Shunick.

To date, Shunick remains missing. Louisiana authorities are releasing little information, except that they believe they now have enough evidence to support a case against Lavergene. In a press conference, they stated they believe Lavergne was driving around Lafayette in search of a victim on the night of Shunick’s disappearance. They say he found that victim when he allegedly spotted and abducted Shunick a little before 2 a.m., between St. Landry Street and Blackburn Coliseum.

Lavergne has refused to answer investigators’ questions. He told the judge he cannot afford an attorney, so he will be assigned a public defender.
More...

Photos at Link

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #348 on: July 07, 2012, 07:28:20 PM »

m wondering what his offshore working schedule was,and where he offshores from
was he offshore when truck was reported stolen
http://offshoreguides.com/BOOK/07_work_schedules.htm
http://www.offshoreguides.com/book.asp

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #349 on: July 07, 2012, 07:29:11 PM »

Latest Post: 07/06/2012 07:41 PM
On June 14, Investigators received information from a concerned citizen, regarding a white Z71 that may
be involved in Mickey's disappearance. The vehicle in question was registered to Brandon Lavergne.
 Further investigation revealed that the truck was reported stolen in Montgomery County, Texas and later
 located in San Jacinto County, Texas on May 31st. The truck had been burned just days after police
released photographs of the truck as a vehicle of interest
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor

the sam houston national forest, is in both those counties San Jacinto County
covers more of the forest

San Jacinto County, TX
http://goo.gl/maps/0zHz

Montgomery County, Texas
http://goo.gl/maps/qlQK

Montgomery County, Texas - to - San Jacinto County, TX 41.6 mi, 48 mins
http://goo.gl/maps/l21D

Lafayette, LA - to - San Jacinto County, TX. 209 mi, 3 hours 40 mins
http://goo.gl/maps/PtRh

Lafayette, LA - to - Lawtell, LA  29.7 mi, 34 mins
http://goo.gl/maps/CjZ5

jessie b, road where his house is per his offender map
http://goo.gl/maps/nKY7
http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=1417897&AgencyID=54417

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #350 on: July 07, 2012, 08:53:54 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/06/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
George Zimmerman Released on Bail; HIV Positive Sex Offender Attacks Boy?; Tom Versus Katie: Dirty Divorce?; The Sounds of Sustainability
Aired July 6, 2012 - 19:00   ET
THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

Plus, a shocking arrest in the case of missing college co-ed Mickey Shunick. Cops charge a registered sex offender with murder, claiming this man is connected to the disappearance of the beautiful 22-year-old. Shunick vanished in the middle of the night while riding her bike home from a friend`s House. So what does this man know? And will we ever find Mickey? We`ll investigate tonight.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Two fishermen found Mickey`s bike under the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Police released photos of three vehicles they say were in the area. Now they want to talk to those drivers.

BRETTLY WILSON, FRIEND: We just want her back. We want her safe. We want our friend.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She left here at this house around 2 in the morning.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It was Mickey`s family who confirmed the bike is hers.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: For the first time in days the Shunick family and investigators have something to go on.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We want our daughter back. And that will make everything better.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORET: Tonight an arrest in the case of missing Mickey Shunick. Police have charged 33-year-old Brandon Laverne, a convicted sex offender, with first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping in connection with Mickey`s disappearance.

The Louisiana college student vanished after leaving a friend`s House in the middle of the night on May 19. Surveillance video shows Mickey biking home that night. Cops found her bike beneath the bridge about a week later and say there`s damage to indicate it was hit by a car.

The same video shows three cars in the area at the time Mickey was last seen. Cops were trying to track down information about those three cars, including a white Chevy Silverado pickup truck. And it was this video that helped to crack the case.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Based on information and surveillance, detectives were able to positively identify the truck that traveled directly behind Mickey in the video as belonging to Brandon Laverne. Investigators were also able to place Brandon Laverne in and around the location of where the bicycle was located beneath the Whiskey Bay Bridge.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORET: Mike Brooks, HLN law-enforcement analyst. Do they have enough evidence to charge this guy?

BROOKS: Well, apparently so. I mean, he`s been -- he`s been locked up. And you need probable cause to do that. And it sounds from the chief that they are -- have put together a pretty good case before they -- before they arrested him.

But they did serve a search warrant at his home on July 5. What additional evidence they got there we don`t know. But it sounds like they were able to put him there at that bridge.

Also, they, through surveillance videos and other evidence able to say that he was the vehicle behind her. And I guarantee you that that`s the case and there were some damage to her bike. There`s probably also some damage to his car that they were able to link up also to that bicycle, Jim.

MORET: Judge Mary Ann Gunn, host of "Last Shot with Judge Gunn," joining us by Skype. What`s really troubling in this case, certainly as a parent, looking at this. It went from a missing persons case to now we see murder charges against -- being leveled against this guy, or at least that`s the arrest charges. That`s very troubling.

GUNN: Absolutely. Absolutely. It`s very -- there`s obviously things that the police know that we don`t. Because right now she`s disappeared. And they have found probable cause that evidently is sufficient to withstand a ruling of no bond to issue against this man.

And as -- Lafayette`s a wonderful, warm place. I`ve been there. And it`s quiet sleepy college town. And it`s got to be very tragic for the citizens of that town.

MORET: And no body but still a murder investigation now, which means they clearly have information they`re not telling us.

GUNN: Absolutely they do. And I imagine that they`re trying to get that information possibly to the family so that -- there`s so much we don`t know. Let`s hope that they don`t...

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #351 on: July 07, 2012, 08:54:31 PM »

m wondering what his offshore working schedule was,and where he offshores from
was he offshore when truck was reported stolen
http://offshoreguides.com/BOOK/07_work_schedules.htm
http://www.offshoreguides.com/book.asp

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

Mickey Shunick news conference; suspect not cooperating with police
07/06/2012 01:40 PM by Tonya LaCoste

Lavergne has been offshore for the last two weeks.

So I'm thinking 14 on 14 off...

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #352 on: July 07, 2012, 08:56:35 PM »

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/

Latest Update Brandon Lavergne's Family Speaks Out
(July 7, 2012) 06:16 PM by Nichole Guillory

Tonight, we're hearing for the first time from Brandon Lavergne's family. His mother, Cynthia Lavergne, releasing a statement to KATC saying,

"I would like to offer my condolences to the Shunick family. I also would like to have closure. I know I'm sorry is never enough however, it is all I have to offer at this moment. I am learning about this case as everyone else is, one newscast at a time, one facebook post at a time, and one phone call at a time."
-- Cynthia Lavergne

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #353 on: July 07, 2012, 09:13:18 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=167209279972010&set=a.167208869972051.43332.100000488164930&type=3&theater

Cynthia Lavergne
October 24, 2010

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=167208939972044&set=a.167208869972051.43332.100000488164930&type=3&theater

Cynthia Lavergne
October 24, 2010

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #354 on: July 07, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003537075048&sk=wall
Brandon Laverne

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: July 07, 2012, 11:06:38 PM »

Sad for his mom too
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #356 on: July 07, 2012, 11:17:57 PM »

The isn't working for me.  Wonder who closed it?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #357 on: July 07, 2012, 11:33:07 PM »

Still works for me, there's not much there but I do think it's his.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #358 on: July 07, 2012, 11:38:25 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

No idea who Nina Reggie is...

Nina Reggie Mrs. Lavergnes statement.................................

My name is Cynthia Lavergne. I am the Mother of Brandon Scott Lavergne. There may never be a good or appropriate time for me to send this message but for me this seems to be the time. Brandon Scott Lavergne is my son however, he is an adopted son. I adopted Brandon at birth to give him the family he deserved. I am not saying this to minimize the relationship with my son.. I'm stating this so that no one else has the chance to say or reveal what is rightfully mine to do. I would like to offer my condolences to the Shunick family. I also would like to have closure. I know I'm sorry is never enough however, it is all i have to offer at this moment. I am learning about this case as everyone else is, one news cast at a time, one Facebook post at a time, and one phone call at a time. I am sure I will speak to more people later but at this time this is truly all I can say, I'm so very deeply sorry for the grief everyone is going through, may the angels be beside you through this time and always.
about an hour ago · Like · 12

Nina Reggie his brothers statement......................

Hey , my name is Joshua Lavergne. I'm am the brother of Brandon Scott Lavergne. I would like to say I'm sorry for what the Shunick family has gone through. I was and still am one of the many residents of Acadiana that wants to see this young woman brought home. I'm sure there are people wanting to hear from us.. in fact I'm 100% sure since we are getting calls from the media(TV and Newspapers). We had a neighbor visited by the TV stations to question our neighbors as well. We have no answers. If we had more information than what ya'll have we would gladly give this to you. We do not condone anything that has gone on and are in shock that someone we call family would be arrested for such a sick crime. We know as much as everyone else on here does. We have not been called in for questioning by any agency but would cooperate to the fullest if we were. We are angry as well but we can't lash out the way people want us to. We are still holding on to hope that she comes home and attempting to hold on to hope that this is all a nightmare and we will wake up from it soon. I'm going to end this by saying once again, I'm truly sorry and would give anything to be able to have answers but I don't. My deepest regards and sympathies for everyone involved.
about an hour ago · Like · 9

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #359 on: July 07, 2012, 11:45:06 PM »

Just an FYI...

Joshua Lavergne's FB wall is how I decided that was the right FB page for the suspect.  He had commented on there, along with his mom.

https://www.facebook.com/joshua.lavergne.3

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.