April 24, 2024, 10:37:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mickey Shunick 22 years old, Lafayette, LA MISSING 5/19/2012(BODY FOUND)  (Read 170588 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #360 on: July 07, 2012, 11:48:25 PM »

Just an FYI...

Joshua Lavergne's FB wall is how I decided that was the right FB page for the suspect.  He had commented on there, along with his mom.

https://www.facebook.com/joshua.lavergne.3

Yes, you have the correct Brandon Lavergne's facebook page.  It's also linked to his moms FB.  It also still works for me.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #361 on: July 07, 2012, 11:49:58 PM »

Sad for his mom too

Me too, Klaas.  

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #362 on: July 08, 2012, 12:26:56 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10/posts/419278251445014

Kissy Murphy What's scary he is CRAZY BUT VERYYYY SMART!! I'm not speaking negAtive but if he is involved GOOD LUCK TRYING TO FIND A BODY ARE ANYTHING!! He was molested by his father as a child then adopted to a great family but then when he returned from the army he was a TOTAL LOOSE CANNON!!! this doesn't surprise me at all!!!!
Thursday at 6:21pm via mobile · Like · 5

::snipping2::

Hope Guidry ‎@ kissy do you know this guy?
Thursday at 6:39pm via mobile · Like

Judy Bellard kissy you know him
Thursday at 7:36pm · Like

Kissy Murphy ‎@judy&hope, yes I know him we grew up in the same neighbor hood from the ages 7-11 and was a lunatic then!!! Thats y I say that wouldn't surprise me if he did murder her!!!!!!! 8-(
Thursday at 7:52pm via mobile · Like

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #363 on: July 08, 2012, 01:12:19 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

No idea who Nina Reggie is...

Nina Reggie Mrs. Lavergnes statement.................................

My name is Cynthia Lavergne. I am the Mother of Brandon Scott Lavergne. There may never be a good or appropriate time for me to send this message but for me this seems to be the time. Brandon Scott Lavergne is my son however, he is an adopted son. I adopted Brandon at birth to give him the family he deserved. I am not saying this to minimize the relationship with my son.. I'm stating this so that no one else has the chance to say or reveal what is rightfully mine to do. I would like to offer my condolences to the Shunick family. I also would like to have closure. I know I'm sorry is never enough however, it is all i have to offer at this moment. I am learning about this case as everyone else is, one news cast at a time, one Facebook post at a time, and one phone call at a time. I am sure I will speak to more people later but at this time this is truly all I can say, I'm so very deeply sorry for the grief everyone is going through, may the angels be beside you through this time and always.
about an hour ago · Like · 12

Nina Reggie his brothers statement......................

Hey , my name is Joshua Lavergne. I'm am the brother of Brandon Scott Lavergne. I would like to say I'm sorry for what the Shunick family has gone through. I was and still am one of the many residents of Acadiana that wants to see this young woman brought home. I'm sure there are people wanting to hear from us.. in fact I'm 100% sure since we are getting calls from the media(TV and Newspapers). We had a neighbor visited by the TV stations to question our neighbors as well. We have no answers. If we had more information than what ya'll have we would gladly give this to you. We do not condone anything that has gone on and are in shock that someone we call family would be arrested for such a sick crime. We know as much as everyone else on here does. We have not been called in for questioning by any agency but would cooperate to the fullest if we were. We are angry as well but we can't lash out the way people want us to. We are still holding on to hope that she comes home and attempting to hold on to hope that this is all a nightmare and we will wake up from it soon. I'm going to end this by saying once again, I'm truly sorry and would give anything to be able to have answers but I don't. My deepest regards and sympathies for everyone involved.
about an hour ago · Like · 9

Figured it out, Nina Reggie just copied the posts that were under a different heading on the same page...just found them.

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3?filter=1

The heading to the post they are under starts with this:

KATC-TV 3: Acadiana's Newschannel
9 hours ago
Because of the nature of our profession, yesterday's press conference had many of us up all night. New questions popping up in our heads. New angles surrounding Mickey's disappearance we want to pursue.....

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #364 on: July 08, 2012, 01:53:34 AM »

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8125285&postcount=1374

Yesterday, 08:33 PM #1374
lsutigerfan14 

I can tell you without a doubt that he rented a car in Spring, TX on the morning of 5/31 at 9:51 am and returned it on the afternoon of 6/4. He rented the car through on insurance theft claim through his personal auto insurance. And yea, the police aware he did rent the car.
Last edited by lsutigerfan14; Yesterday at 10:09 PM.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8125334&postcount=1394

Yesterday, 08:46 PM  #1394
lsutigerfan14 

I work for said rental company in Houston. When I heard his truck was found burned I searched rental history for his name. Found it immediately.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8125372&postcount=1408

Yesterday, 08:59 PM #1408
lsutigerfan14 

Yeah I have mileage but that's not always correct. He rented a red Chevy aveo.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8125395&postcount=1424

Yesterday, 09:07 PM  #1424
lsutigerfan14 

Typically insurance companies make you wait 48 hours before approving a rental on a theft claim.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #365 on: July 08, 2012, 01:55:14 AM »

Sad for his mom too

Me too, Klaas.  

Me three and might I add that I have mad respect for freakos Mom and Brother!  Most families lash out at the victims, public and spew hogwash about all evidence against their loved one is bogus but these people seem so appropriate and respectful of Mickey and her family.  God Bless Mickey, her family and loved ones and the Lavernge family for what they are all dealing with!  B S Lavergne (we know what the BS stands for) hopefully will get the needle, Bubba justice or lwop!
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #366 on: July 08, 2012, 01:24:41 PM »

Sad for his mom too

Me too, Klaas.  

Me three and might I add that I have mad respect for freakos Mom and Brother!  Most families lash out at the victims, public and spew hogwash about all evidence against their loved one is bogus but these people seem so appropriate and respectful of Mickey and her family.  God Bless Mickey, her family and loved ones and the Lavernge family for what they are all dealing with!  B S Lavergne (we know what the BS stands for) hopefully will get the needle, Bubba justice or lwop!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #367 on: July 08, 2012, 01:30:54 PM »

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/car-wash-today-to-raise-funds-for-sierra-lamar-search

Car Wash Today to Raise Funds for Sierra LaMar Search
Volunteers at the Find Sierra LaMar Search Center, located at Burnett Elementary School in Morgan Hill, will be washing cars until 2 p.m. today.
July 7, 2012

Antolin Garcia-Torres, a 21-year-old Morgan Hill man, is charged with murdering Sierra as well as a special circumstance allegation that he murdered her during a kidnapping. He's scheduled to return to court on Tuesday.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: July 08, 2012, 01:35:05 PM »

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120708/NEWS01/207080337/-We-all-still-complete-shock-

"We are all still in complete shock"
12:18 AM, Jul 8, 2012

A troubled past

Meche describes Lavergne as a troubled teen who was harassed at school.

"He was bullied a lot," Meche said. "It was really bad. He would never talk to anyone and he didn't have any friends even though he played football. They gave him hell."

Meche said she often felt bad for Lavergne and worried that one day he'd snap, though she never imagined he could harm anyone.

Church Point High School yearbooks indicate Lavergne attended the school from his freshman year, 1994-1995, through his junior year, 1996-1997, Principal Lee Ward Bellard told The Daily Advertiser. Lavergne's photograph does not appear in the following yearbook, what would have been his senior year. Bellard said records indicate Lavergne did not graduate from Church Point High.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #369 on: July 08, 2012, 02:47:18 PM »

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120708/NEWS01/207080337/-We-all-still-complete-shock-

A troubled past

"He was bullied a lot," Meche said. "It was really bad. He would never talk to anyone and he didn't have any friends even though he played football. They gave him hell."

Meche said she often felt bad for Lavergne and worried that one day he'd snap, though she never imagined he could harm anyone.

Church Point High School yearbooks indicate Lavergne attended the school from his freshman year, 1994-1995, through his junior year, 1996-1997, Principal Lee Ward Bellard told The Daily Advertiser. Lavergne's photograph does not appear in the following yearbook, what would have been his senior year. Bellard said records indicate Lavergne did not graduate from Church Point High.
And here's another "I try not to judge" lady. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #370 on: July 08, 2012, 02:49:27 PM »

I get the feeling that a family member may have alerted LE to this perp.  Somebody suspected something.

I wonder if he could be influenced by his mom or brother.  Maybe they could get him to tell where Mickey is.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #371 on: July 08, 2012, 03:49:55 PM »

A troubled past

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/display.aspx?p=34500064&pg=57

jumboragincajun
LA-Lafayette Fan
laffy
Member since Apr 2008
13 posts

re: Mickey Shunick Press Conference Thread 1pm CST **Summary Added**   (Posted on 7/8/12 at 12:08 a.m. to CajunDrunkie)
quote:
Apparently he had problems dating back to high school, with depression, etc... Everyone knew "he had a crazy side."

I agree with this. He was in and out of a mental institution in Pineville for several years before joining the Army. I was NOT AT ALL shocked when I first saw his name/pic as the person responsible for MS.

jumboragincajun
LA-Lafayette Fan
laffy
Member since Apr 2008
13 posts

re: Mickey Shunick Press Conference Thread 1pm CST **Summary Added**   (Posted on 7/8/12 at 12:22 a.m. to TigersRuleTheEarth)
quote:
and how well did you know this guy?

Not well. But just enough to know he is certifiably bat schitte crazy. He was stalking/harassing a girl that I was dating. We made several reports/complaints to police. This was before he went to jail.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: July 08, 2012, 03:52:28 PM »

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8125693&postcount=1516

Yesterday, 11:08 PM
katydid23 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayw 
I've heard rumors (disclaimer: said by someone who went to school with him, there is no MSM link) that he was himself a victim of sexually abuse as a child. Then maybe that or the bullying is where his PTSD comes from. There were many people who doubted he could have suffered PTSD from his short-lived military career, so maybe it was unrelated to his being in the military. I'm sure his medical records from the Pineville mental institution (if they exist) are sealed, but I'm guessing that will come out at some point.

The burning down of not one but two of his childhood homes------makes me seriously wonder if he had some ongoing rage issues from childhood. Sexual abuse would make sense, if so, imo.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #373 on: July 08, 2012, 04:00:29 PM »

Didn't I see something about the home that was searched was a new home that replaced one that was damaged in some way?  If these posts are true, then that would make 3 homes destroyed in some way.  How does that happen to 1 person in only 30 odd years???

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: July 08, 2012, 04:15:54 PM »

Good article about Mickey imo...be sure to read all 4 pages.

http://www.dailyworld.com/article/20120708/NEWS01/207080319/-big-ball-sunshine-

'A big ball of sunshine'

2:36 AM, Jul 8, 2012

Michaela "Mickey" Shunick embodies both the positive and not so positive of Acadiana. Since Shunick's mysterious May 19 disappearance, locals have banded together in an effort to bring their daughter, sister and friend back home. Acadiana has also held onto a deeper fear that comes from a seemingly random crime, one that could happen to our own daughters, sisters or friends.

Shunick, a University of Louisiana at Lafayette student who would have turned 22 only two days after her disappearance, is now thought to be dead. According to Lafayette police, based on evidence used to arrest and charge Brandon Scott Lavergne, a 33-year-old offshore worker from Swords, La., on first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping.

The passion
A single call to Shunick's cell phone, which hasn't been used since 1:31 a.m. the morning she went missing, reveals a tiny insight into the personality of the woman the community wants to bring home. Instead of simply stating her name to identify herself on her voicemail, Shunick's peppy voice says, "Hey, hey, Mickey Shunick!"

A single question to her friends — "What is Mickey like?" — results in gushing stories about the avid bicyclist and animal lover, the woman who hates feet, the student who hoped to study in Ghana, Africa, one day.

"Mickey is just a big ball of sunshine," said friend Ashley Says, who often turned to Shunick as her confidant. "It radiates out through her platinum blonde hair."

Her sunny personality translated well to her interest in all types of people from across the globe. According to Says, Shunick was not "the school type," but she loved learning, especially about anthropology — her major at UL — and different cultures.

"She was even talking about going to graduate school in Ghana in Africa," Says said. "She was very interested in that area of the world and the suffering and pain that was going on there and helping in any way she could."

Shunick often told family and friends she would be happy if she could simply horseback-ride for the rest of her life. Shunick's mother, Nancy Rowe, said that her daughter has been obsessed with horseback riding since her first ride on the beach at age 8. Rowe said the students at Willow Oaks Equestrian Center in Duson who took classes from Shunick looked up to her and thought she was the "greatest thing ever."

"You can tell everybody treasured her," Rowe said.

Shunick's students released tiny sobs while talking about their horseback riding teacher of about two years.

"I think it's sad because she shouldn't be gone," said Neomie Snyder, 10, before the vigil on May 22. "She shouldn't. It should be somebody else, not her."

Another student, Ana Claire Purdy, 9, describes Shunick as a great teacher who is "really loving."

"It makes me really sad," Purdy said. "It's like a best friend that's gone. It's really sad."

In addition to owning two horses, Shunick kept two dogs, two cats, three fish, a pig, a snake, a lizard and a rabbit.

Shunick loved live music and concerts, especially the indie music scene. She also enjoyed dubstep — a genre of electronic dance music — which is something her friends often teased her about, according to Says.

Shunick owned a car, but preferred cycling from one destination to another, friends and family said.

According to friend Joshua Coen, it was more natural to see Shunick on a bicycle than in a car. Shunick and he recently got tattoos together — hers of a bicycle and his of a crown — on their ankles.

The personality

Friends and family use many words — shy, strong, smart, sweet — to describe Shunick.

"She was always really shy," said Charlene "Charlie" Shunick, Mickey's sister. "She rode horses and kept to herself. She was the real reader when she was younger, so she'd sit in her room and not say anything to anyone and just read all day. And I'd be out and going to parties and hanging out with all these kids I'd just met, and I'd be like, 'Come on, Mickey. Let's do this.' She's like, 'No, no.'"

According to close friend Brettly Wilson — whose Ryan Street home Mickey left from the night she vanished — Mickey had no enemies or "time for being angry."

"Mickey was definitely headstrong and determined to the point of consequences if things weren't really acknowledged," Wilson said. "But as soon as she made a decision, she was passionate about it as if she had thought of everything beforehand."

Wilson also said that Shunick could transition from an academic to a silly conversation in a moment's time.

According to Coen, Shunick wasn't too shy as an adult, especially with her friends.

"She's always got something sarcastic to say," he said. "She's always got something witty to say. She can be quiet sometimes, but whenever she does open her mouth, it's going to be something good."

Mickey has two personalities — sunny and sunnier — according to her mother.

"Mickey is just universally liked," Rowe said. "She does not have a dark side. She has two bright, sunny sides, and no one should want to hurt her."

Like almost any mother, Rowe could not imagine somebody wanting to hurt her daughter.

"She's just a nice kid," Rowe said. "I don't think (the person who took her) could spend 10 minutes with her and not like her."

In a text message sent to The Daily Advertiser, Shunick's sister had a simple sentiment following the arrest of Lavergne.

"Mickey is truly a radiant spirit," she wrote. "If she is gone, it is a void in the fabric of the world and a devastating blow to our family. We will always love her for countless reasons."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: July 08, 2012, 04:37:13 PM »

Didn't I see something about the home that was searched was a new home that replaced one that was damaged in some way?  If these posts are true, then that would make 3 homes destroyed in some way.  How does that happen to 1 person in only 30 odd years???

http://theadvocate.com/home/3290776-125/neighbors-shocked-by-arrest-mom

Neighbors shocked by arrest; mom apologizes 

BY MARSHA SILLS
Acadiana bureau
July 08, 2012

Neighbors, who said the area where Lavergne lived is a predominantly black community, couldn’t recall how long he lived there.

At first, Lavergne lived in a house at the corner of Elaine Lane and Leslie Road where his father had lived, neighbors said.

The house burned down about a year ago, said neighbor R.G. Harrison, and was later replaced with a mobile home.

Harrison said after the house burned, Lavergne visited him and asked if he had seen anything suspicious. That was one of the few times the two neighbors spoke, Harrison said.

“There was something funny about him,” Harrison said. “He didn’t really mingle. He didn’t talk, and I’d talk to his father when he lived there.”

Busby said Lavergne was cordial to her.

“He seemed like a normal guy to me,” she said. “He’d wave when he passed.”

Busby said after the house burned, Lavergne sat inside her living room to talk to the fire marshal. After the fire, Lavergne went offshore and returned two weeks later with a box of sausage for her as a gesture of thanks, she said.

Even this spring, when Busby received notice that Lavergne was a registered sex offender, she gave him the benefit of the doubt, she said.

“I’d still wave at him because I didn’t think he’d ever hurt me,” she said. “He served his time. Some people change. Some people do not.”

Lavergne was released from prison in 2008 — two years early for good behavior — after serving 85 percent of his 10-year sentence for aggravated oral sexual battery involving an 18-year-old woman in rural Evangeline Parish. In prison, he studied auto body repair and was a tutor in a sex-offender treatment program. He’s now trying to fight a requirement that he register as a sex offender, and filed a petition on May 31. His request was set for a hearing in August.

The latest accusations against Lavergne have rattled Busby.

“I was never nervous to live here until I saw out my back door Thursday,” she said. That’s when law enforcement vehicles lined the road beside her house and officers filled the yard, she said, searching the pastures that run behind her home and Lavergne’s property.

The officials continued the search of Lavergne’s trailer and the property Friday.

Lafayette Police Cpl. Paul Mouton said Saturday that police dogs were used during the search.

Items collected from Lavergne’s residence are still being processed to “determine if it has evidence value or not,” Mouton said.

Busby, meanwhile, noted that about four to five weeks ago a pasture that was part of the search had been overcome by buzzards.

“I’ve never seen them like that before,” she said. “They’d fly over the pasture.”

Busby said she’s praying the ground doesn’t hold Shunick, but hopes the student is found soon.

“I pray and ask the Lord, let them find her and bring some closure to that family,” she said. “That family is really fighting to find her.”

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: July 09, 2012, 04:11:12 PM »

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20120708/NEWS03/120708006/Scott-Lavergne-s-arrest-Mickey-Shunick-case-stuns-hometown?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
Scott Lavergne's arrest in Mickey Shunick case stuns hometown
July 8, 2012

(5 pgs)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: July 09, 2012, 04:12:42 PM »

http://www.beauregarddailynews.net/news/x1880837118/Former-Ft-Polk-soldier-arrested-in-connection-with-missing-college-student
Former Ft. Polk soldier arrested in connection with missing college student
July 9, 2012

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: July 09, 2012, 04:14:03 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/A-look-at-the-past-of-the-man-accused-in-killing-3692362.php
A look at the past of the man accused in killing
July 9, 2012

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: July 09, 2012, 08:24:48 PM »

http://www.wafb.com/story/18984354/mickey-shunicks-father-talks-about-lavergnes-arrest

Mickey Shunick's father talks about Lavergne's arrest

Posted: Jul 09, 2012 4:42 PM CDT
Updated: Jul 09, 2012 6:25 PM CDT
By Cheryl Mercedes - bio | email
Posted by Amber Stegall - email

Video

LAFAYETTE, LA (WAFB) -
The father of the missing UL student thinks more than one person is responsible for his daughter's disappearance. He says that person could be the missing link in the case.

An obviously shaken Tom Shunick is trying to process the chain of events that led to the arrest of Brandon Lavergne; the man police say is responsible for his daughter's disappearance. "I knew they had a suspect they thought was involved in this thing a week before the arrest was made," said Tom Shunick, Mickey Shunick's father.

Police believe Lavergne was driving the white truck following Mickey on her bicycle on May 19, 2012. It was captured on surveillance video outside the Lafayette Consolidated Government Building, the night Mickey went missing. Detectives said when fishermen found Mickey's bike at Whiskey Bay seven days later, the back tire was damaged. Mr. Shunick says he thought he had figured out what happened to his daughter.

"You can look at all the scenarios that could have happened. And this is one of them; a probable one. Somebody may have been out there, bumped her, grabbed her," said Tom Shunick.

That was just the beginning of the story. Tom later learned Lavergne was a convicted sex offender, a man who had been through the system as he put it. Just three days after the surveillance photos were released, authorities in San Jacinto County, Texas confirmed they found Lavergne's truck abandoned and burned. While investigators say they don't expect to make any more arrests in the case, Tom is convinced someone helped Lavergne.

"It was burned somewhere in Texas. Somehow he got there and got back. Did he ride with someone? Did he walk back? How did he get back?" said Tom.

Tom says he has told detectives to keep any new developments in the case to themselves. He says he just wants to know when his daughter is found.

Tom believes that authorities will find his daughter. "Maybe not alive, but they will find her."

As for what Tom has learned about his daughter's alleged kidnapper so far, he says he is not quite sure how, if convicted, Lavergne should be punished.

Meanwhile, a private investigator involved in the Shunick case is pooling additional resources.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.