April 23, 2024, 04:24:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mickey Shunick 22 years old, Lafayette, LA MISSING 5/19/2012(BODY FOUND)  (Read 170572 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #420 on: July 16, 2012, 02:24:31 PM »

http://1079ishot.com/charlene-shunick-discusses-the-arrest-of-brandon-scott-lavergne/

Charlene Shunick Discusses The Arrest Of Brandon Scott Lavergne + Offers Words To His Family [VIDEO]
By: Chris Reed  |  2 hours ago

::snipping2::
Hear what Charlene had to say in regards to Lavergne’s family speaking out, and hear what words she had to offer towards their family. In addition to discussing this, we also addressed rumors or efforts being made by some in Lafayette to congregate at the courthouse on July 18th as Brandon Lavergne goes before a grand jury. The Shunick’s have requested that no such form of protest or congregation happen on Wednesday. They DO NOT want Lafayette represented by such a crowd as this case begins to unfold. To date, the whereabouts of Mickey Shunick remains a mystery.

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #421 on: July 16, 2012, 04:01:25 PM »

https://twitter.com/KATCTV3

KATC TV3 ‏@KATCTV3
We're talking to Equusearch today about efforts to find Mickey Shunick. Jenise Fernandez reports at 5 and 6. http://fb.me/125pqX2RU

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #422 on: July 17, 2012, 11:18:07 PM »

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20120717/NEWS01/120717011/Ahead-grand-jury-hearing-Lafayette-murder-suspect-seeks-reduced-bond?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Ahead of grand jury hearing, Lafayette murder suspect seeks reduced bond
1:49 PM, Jul 17, 2012

LAFAYETTE -- Attorneys for a 33-year-old convicted sex offender charged in the disappearance of a Lafayette woman are seeking a hearing to have his bond reduced and for police to show they had probable cause to arrest him.

Brandon Scott Lavergne, 33, of Swords in St. Landry Parish, has been charged with aggravated kidnapping and first-degree murder in the May 19 disappearance of Michaela "Mickey" Shunick, a student at the Univerisity of Louisina at Lafayette.

Burleigh Doga, a Crowley attorney appointed to defend Lavergne, on Monday afternoon filed the request for the hearing. Doga is seeking a preliminary examination "to determine probable cause for his arrest" on the charges and to seek a reduction of his bond.

Keith Stutes, assistant district attorney for the 15th Judicial District in Lafayette, is scheduled to present the state's evidence against Lavergne to a grand jury at 3 p.m. Wednesday.

District Attorney Mike Harson said Tuesday that the defense's request for a hearing will have no affect on the grand jury hearing.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #423 on: July 18, 2012, 12:10:51 PM »

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20120718/NEWS03/120718011/Mickey-Shunick-case-goes-grand-jury?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE

Mickey Shunick case goes to grand jury
9:07 AM, Jul. 18, 2012 

LAFAYETTE -- A group of 12 men and women is expected to decide today whether there's enough evidence to indict Brandon Scott Lavergne, 33, on charges of first-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping in the disappearance of University of Louisiana at Lafayette coed Mickey Shunick.

The 12 comprise a grand jury that will review the state's evidence and hear from witnesses today behind closed doors.

The grand jury convenes at 9 a.m. at the Lafayette Parish Courthouse. It is expected to consider the Lavergne case at 3 p.m.

Lavergne and his attorneys will not be present for the hearing. District Attorney Mike Harson said an invitation was not extended to the defense.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #424 on: July 18, 2012, 12:50:18 PM »

http://theadvocate.com/news/3363995-123/hearing-set-for-july-27

Hearing set for July 27 for suspect in Shunick case
July 18, 2012

LAFAYETTE — Brandon Scott Lavergne will appear before a 15th Judicial District judge July 27 at 9 a.m. for a preliminary examination and bond reduction in connection with his arrest in the May 19 disappearance of Michaela “Mickey” Shunick of Lafayette.

Judge Herman C. Clause signed the order Tuesday afternoon.
Lavergne’s attorney, Burleigh G. Doga, initially filed the motion Monday afternoon at the Lafayette Parish Courthouse.

Prosecutor Keith Stutes filed an answer to the motion Tuesday, arguing that a grand jury will take up Lavernge’s case on Wednesday, which will essentially serve the same purpose as a preliminary examination.

“Either proceeding provides an inquiry into the legality of defendant’s detention and thereby serves the primary objection of the law,” Stutes wrote, citing existing case law.
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #425 on: July 18, 2012, 02:01:13 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/article/michaela-shunick-murder-suspect-brandon-lavergne-may-be-serial-killer

Michaela Shunick murder suspect Brandon Lavergne may be serial killer

July 17, 2012

On Wednesday, a grand jury will hear the evidence regarding Brandon Scott Lavergne, who has been charged with the murder of Louisiana university student, Michaela 'Mickey' Shunick. Authorities are now investigating possible links between Lavergne and several other unsolved crimes against women.

According to The Independent, Lafayette Police Department spokesperson Paul Mouton wrote in an email, “We have been contacted by other agencies regarding the arrest and have shared information... I cannot confirm the agencies that have contacted us in this investigation.”

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #426 on: July 18, 2012, 07:20:06 PM »

http://www.katc.com/news/brandon-scott-lavergne-indicted-on-2-counts-of-first-degree-murder/

Brandon Scott Lavergne indicted on 2 counts of first degree murder

Posted: Jul 18, 2012 5:54 PM by KATC

A grand jury has indicted Brandon Scott Lavergne for the first degree murder of Mickey Shunick, and he's been indicted for the first degree murder of Lisa Pate who was found dead in 1999. Jurors found enough evidence to indict him on the charges. 15th Judicial District Assistant District Attorney Keith Stutes presented the state's evidence against Lavergne, who was arrested on July 5.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #427 on: July 18, 2012, 07:20:29 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10

KLFY 10 Acadiana's Multimedia Station
7 minutes ago
Unexpected news from the Grand Jury in Lafayette. Brandon Lavergne has been indicted in two murders: Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate. Lisa Pate was killed in 1999 and is from Acadia Parish.

14 minutes ago
BREAKING NEWS: Brandon Lavergne is facing two murder charges. The Grand Jury returned a true bill for true the First degree murder of Mickey Shunick and First degree murder of Lisa Pate from July 3rd 1999

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #428 on: July 18, 2012, 07:24:59 PM »

The second charge may be explained by the following report:

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981481974

Mickey Shunick Suspect May Be Serial Killer
July 17, 2012

An "undisclosed number" of women's ID cards were discovered during the search of Brandon Scott Lavergne's home after he was arrested. Officials are not revealing any of the identities of the women indicated by the picture identification cards, nor are they clarifying on what agencies were contacted during this investigation. How many missing women are there in Louisiana? What other states did this man travel to during his time between arrests as a registered sex offender?

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #429 on: July 18, 2012, 07:32:54 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow/posts/364824476920130

FIND MICKEY SHUNICK NOW · 33,139 like this
5 hours ago ·
Hey guys! Spread the word that on TODAY around 10:00 pm we would like to have another mass moment of silence for Mickey. If everyone wants to turn on their porch lights, light candles... do anything you would like and feel comfortable doing in order to think of Mickey. Let's use today as a day of love and positive energy. Please send Mickey all your love and hope that we will bring her home soon! BMH!

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #430 on: July 18, 2012, 08:44:05 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10

44 minutes ago
This is the other woman Brandon Lavergne is accused of killing. Lisa Pate went missing in the summer of 1999. Her body was found in September of 1999 in Acadia Parish. She was a mother of two from New Iberia. We will have more on her story at 10pm.

Tiffany Martin Angelle Bourriague Just to clarify Ms. Lisa is a mother of 3.
4 minutes ago ·

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #431 on: July 18, 2012, 08:48:51 PM »

This article was posted by Patty on Dec. 27, 2002--has information about Lisa Pate

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/alt.true-crime/oc58dXgNuvA

Slaying similarities examined
Five Acadiana murders still open
By KEVIN BLANCHARD and MELISSA MOORE
Acadiana bureau
The Baton Rouge Advocate

LAFAYETTE -- Acadiana-area law enforcement investigators have at least
five open cases of women found dead since 1994, but they don't think
any of them are related to the serial killings in Baton Rouge and
Lafayette.

DNA evidence has attributed the deaths of four women -- three in Baton
Rouge -- to the same killer.

Monday's revelation that the same person killed 23-year-old Trineishia
Dené Colomb of Lafayette has expanded the scope of the investigation
to Acadiana.

Colomb was found beaten to death on Nov. 24 in Scott.

A man said he saw a white truck -- similar in description to the truck
seen in the Baton Rouge killings -- parked behind Colomb's abandoned
car near Grand Coteau.

DNA evidence taken from the body matched the other serial killings,
Lt. Craig Stansbury said.
Another Lafayette woman, Lisa Pate, 35, was found dead underneath some
boards behind a house near Church Point in Oct. 1999. Forensics expert
Mary Manheim had to help identify the skeletal remains.

Lt. Keith Latiolais of the Acadia Parish Sheriff's Office said that
case remains active, though he said detectives do not believe the case
is connected to the serial killings.

Investigators have a suspect in Pate's death, but he's already in jail
for an unrelated offense, Latiolais said.
tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #432 on: July 18, 2012, 10:26:54 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10/posts/423299407709565

KLFY 10 Acadiana's Multimedia Station · 38,696 like this
about a minute ago ·
We are learning much more about Lisa Pate, the woman Brandon Lavergne is accused of killing in 1999. Her family tells TV-10 her boys are happy justice will be served after 13 years and wish it could have been sooner. Please tune into TV-10 at 10pm to learn more about Lisa's story. We will also hear from Mickey Shunick's family. Our thoughts here in the TV-10 newsroom are with the families of Mickey and Lisa during this emotional time.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #433 on: July 18, 2012, 10:51:49 PM »

http://www.kplctv.com/story/19059091/brandon-scott-lavergne

Brandon Scott Lavergne indicted on 2 counts of first degree murder

Posted: Jul 18, 2012 6:17 PM CDT
Updated: Jul 18, 2012 9:15 PM CDT
By Charisma Thrash - email

Lavergne was also indicted on first degree murder charge for the death of 34 year old Lisa Pate. Pate was last seen in Lafayette in June of 1999, and according to today's indictment, is believed to have been killed on or around July 3, 1999. Her remains were found in Church Point, LA, in late September of that year.

Police say Lavergne is originally from Church Point, just north of Lafayette. Prosecutors say they will ask for the death penalty in both cases.

Lavergne is scheduled to be in court next Friday, July 27, 2012.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #434 on: July 18, 2012, 11:06:53 PM »

http://www.katc.com/news/body-found-in-east-texas/

Body Found in East Texas

Posted: Jul 18, 2012 9:12 PM by KLTV

From KLTV (ABC affiliate in east Texas): A body has been discovered in a wooded area in East Texas. No word yet on the identity, or even the gender. The Cass County Sheriff's Office and Atlanta Police Department are in charge of the investigation. The exact location of the body has not been released, but officials did say it's in a wooded area north of Atlanta
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #435 on: July 18, 2012, 11:29:29 PM »

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor

Brandon Lavergne indicted in second woman's murder

06:20 PM by Tonya LaCoste

In addition to being indicted for the murder of Mickey Shunick, a grand jury indicted Brandon Lavergne for Lisa Pate's murder in 1999. Pate, of Youngsville, went missing in June 1999, and her body was discovered three months later in September under three large boards in a grassy field northwest of Church Point in Acadia Parish. Anthropologists at LSU used dental records to make positively identify Pate. Pate had three young children.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #436 on: July 19, 2012, 12:45:59 AM »

I think this is from the 10pm newscast on KATC, some footage from where Lisa Pate's body was found etc.

http://www.katc.com/videoplayer/iframe.cfm?player_height=328&video_id=13239&fullhtml=0&show_date=0&height=358&show_info=1&player_width=584&has_playlist=0&overridestyle=1&width=894&total_playlist_items=1&show_title=1&show_companions=1&hide_ads=0&show_views=0&category_id=2161&show_rating=0&show_voting=0&items_per_page=1&iframe=1&auto_hide=1&has_autoplay=1&title=Lavergne%20Indictments%2010PM%20Team%20Coverage&&iframe=true

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #437 on: July 19, 2012, 01:27:26 AM »

From the video, Lisa Pate's youngest (a daughter) was just a few weeks old when her mother was murdered; she was given up for adoption.  Lisa's son's are now 16 and 22.

Sad...

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #438 on: July 19, 2012, 02:18:16 AM »

http://www.theind.com/news/10949-lavergnes-lacerated-finger-poison-ivy-treated-at-opelousas-general

Lavergne’s lacerated finger, poison ivy treated at Opelousas General

Written by Leslie Turk   
Monday, July 16, 2012

Sources with knowledge of the investigation involving Brandon Scott Lavergne, the 33-year-old convicted sex offender who faces a grand jury Wednesday, tell The Independent he was also treated for his May 19 injuries at Opelousas General; among the most serious was a lacerated finger requiring surgery.

The Independent reported last week that on the same day Shunick went missing, Lavergne was treated at Ochsner Hospital in the New Orleans area. He had been stabbed several times in the chest, back, neck and hand with a “knife/cutting instrument,” according to a report on the incident by the Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office. Lavergne told the deputy who interviewed him at the hospital that he was attacked outside of a gas station when he stopped to ask for directions but would not, or could not, provide any details about where the supposed incident occurred.

On Sunday The Independent learned and later confirmed with sources close to the investigation that Lavergne also went to the emergency room of Opelousas General, which is nearer his home in the Swords area of St. Landry Parish. Our sources say doctors at the hospital performed surgery on his finger, and note that at the time Lavergne also was suffering from an extensive breakout of poison ivy. It’s unclear if he went to the Opelousas hospital immediately after returning from New Orleans and whether he was treated on a single visit. It is worth noting that, depending on a person's sensitivity, poison ivy breakouts can begin to appear within a few hours of contact with the plant.

Citing privacy laws, an Opelousas General official would neither confirm nor deny that Lavergne sought treatment there for his injuries.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #439 on: July 19, 2012, 02:32:41 AM »

http://www.bustedinacadiana.com/2012/07/brandon-scott-lavergne-indicted-for-1999-murder-of-lisa-pate/#.UAeftPXCaSo

BRANDON SCOTT LAVERGNE INDICTED FOR 1999 MURDER OF LISA PATE
Wed, Jul 18, 2012

Pate’s went missing in June of 1999 and her remains were found in October 1999 under some boards behind a house near Church Point. Forensics expert Mary Manheim had to help identify the skeletal remains of Pate.

Investigators suspected foul play, but no arrest was ever made in the case.

According to family members, Pate’s remains were located on Brandon Scott Lavergne’s property.

In December 2002, The Advocate quoted Keith Latiolais, with the Acadia Parish Sheriff’s Office, as saying that investigators had a suspect in Pate’s death. The suspect was not identified, but Latiolais said he was already in jail for an unrelated offense. Could Brandon Scott Lavergne have been that suspect?

Keith Latiolais, who is now chief deputy of the Acadia Parish Sheriff’s Office, was present for Wednesday’s grand jury proceedings but declined to comment on the case, deferring all questions to Harson’s office.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.