March 28, 2024, 04:56:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mickey Shunick 22 years old, Lafayette, LA MISSING 5/19/2012(BODY FOUND)  (Read 170241 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #500 on: August 17, 2012, 01:04:30 PM »

http://www.katc.com/news/brandon-scott-lavergne-pleads-guilty-to-murder-court-documents-explain-events/

Brandon Scott Lavergne Pleads Guilty to Murder; Court Documents Explain Events
Posted: Aug 17, 2012 11:34 AM
Updated: Aug 17, 2012 11:43 AM

Brandon Scott Lavergne pleads guilty to murdering Lisa Pate and Mickey Shunick in exchange for life in prison. Lavergne was required to show police where Mickey Shunick's body was buried and physically recreate the actions on May 19. Lavergne signed of statements the prosecution presented to the court. Those statements say Lavergne followed Shunick down St. Landry Street in his truck. He intentionally hit her bike and persuaded her into his vehicle. She was able to mace him, grab his knife, and stab him several times, giving him what were described as "life-threatening cuts." He grabbed the knife back and stabbed Shunick four times until she fell over. At this point, Lavergne thought she was dead. However, when Lavergne brought Shunick to a seclude cane field in Acadia Parish, she jumped up and regained control of knife. Shunick stabbed him in the chest. That's when Lavergne grabbed a semi-automatic handgun and shot Shunick in the head, killing her instantly.
 ::snipping2::
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #501 on: August 17, 2012, 01:16:06 PM »

She fought to the end...  Crying or Very sad

Rest in Peace, Mickey.  an angelic monkey
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #502 on: August 17, 2012, 01:22:24 PM »

http://www.katc.com/news/brandon-scott-lavergne-pleads-guilty-to-murder-court-documents-explain-events/

Brandon Scott Lavergne pleads guilty to murdering Lisa Pate and Mickey Shunick in exchange for life in prison. Lavergne was required to show police where Mickey Shunick's body was buried and physically recreate the actions on May 19. Lavergne signed of statements the prosecution presented to the court. Those statements say Lavergne followed Shunick down St. Landry Street in his truck. He intentionally hit her bike and persuaded her into his vehicle. She was able to mace him, grab his knife, and stab him several times, giving him what were described as "life-threatening cuts." He grabbed the knife back and stabbed Shunick four times until she fell over. At this point, Lavergne thought she was dead. However, when Lavergne brought Shunick to a seclude cane field in Acadia Parish, she jumped up and regained control of knife. Shunick stabbed him in the chest. That's when Lavergne grabbed a semi-automatic handgun and shot Shunick in the head, killing her instantly.

Life in prison, thankgoodness at least the family won't have to go through a trial.  Mickey fought so hard just wish those "life-threatening cuts" had taken him out.  To think she was able to regain the knife and attack him again.

There are no words to describe what a brave girl she was, just wish he was the one they were burying.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #503 on: August 17, 2012, 03:40:47 PM »

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20120817/NEWS01/120817001/Investigator-sees-link-between-Texas-death-Lafayette-murder-suspect?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Investigator sees link between Texas teen's disappearance and Lafayette murder suspect
10:03 AM, Aug 17, 2012 

LAFAYETTE -- A Texas private investigator says witness accounts and vehicle records may link the Louisiana man charged with two murders to the April 2010 disappearance of a 15-year-old Texas girl.

The Texas teenager, Alexandria "Ali" Lowitzer, was last seen outside a Burger Barn restaurant in Spring, Texas, three doors down from her home, said Houston-based investigator Mac Sanford. Lowitzer had recently started working at the restaurant and was walking there to pick up her first paycheck, Sanford said.

But Lowitzer never picked up the paycheck, and there has been no trace of her in more than two years. ::snipping2::

And how many more missing girls can be tied to Lavergne?   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #504 on: August 17, 2012, 04:43:57 PM »

Life in prison, thankgoodness at least the family won't have to go through a trial.  Mickey fought so hard just wish those "life-threatening cuts" had taken him out.  To think she was able to regain the knife and attack him again.

There are no words to describe what a brave girl she was, just wish he was the one they were burying.

Rest In Peace Mickey  an angelic monkey I hope his life is short once he gets put in jail.  She found with everything she had. Your right Babs it should be him in a grave not Mickey. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #505 on: August 17, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »

I imagine the kind of bravery and courage Mickey had within her, the frame of mind to lay low until she had another opportunity to attack her attacker.  I imagine the fear her abductor felt when he realized Mickey planned on killing him, that she was not going to be a willing victim.  She was a hero and likely saved future girls or women from this predator.

Brandon Scott has done harm and probably murdered more people than anyone knows about but him. 

Here is a link to a website created by Alexndria Lowitzer's parents.  She is the missing 16 year old girl that is possibly linked to Brandon Scott:

http://alexandrialowitzer.com/Ali-story.htm
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #506 on: August 17, 2012, 04:53:10 PM »

Two-page article

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mickey-shunick-killer-pleads-guilty-court-document-reveals/story?id=17029059

Mickey Shunick Fought for Her Life, Court Documents Reveal
Aug. 17, 2012

The man accused of killing Louisiana student Mickey Shunick pleaded guilty today to her murder and the killing of another woman in exchange for life in prison without parole. The court document explaining the plea deal also reveals a blow-by-blow account of Shunick's desperate fight for her life the night she died.

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #507 on: August 17, 2012, 06:44:10 PM »

I imagine the kind of bravery and courage Mickey had within her, the frame of mind to lay low until she had another opportunity to attack her attacker.  I imagine the fear her abductor felt when he realized Mickey planned on killing him, that she was not going to be a willing victim.  She was a hero and likely saved future girls or women from this predator.

Brandon Scott has done harm and probably murdered more people than anyone knows about but him. 

Here is a link to a website created by Alexndria Lowitzer's parents.  She is the missing 16 year old girl that is possibly linked to Brandon Scott:

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #508 on: August 17, 2012, 07:20:07 PM »

Link to "Ali" Alexandria Lowitzer's Missing Persons Thread here at Scared Monkeys:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7807.0
Alexandria "Ali" Lowitzer 16, Spring, TX Last Seen 4/26/10

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #509 on: August 17, 2012, 08:22:43 PM »

Rest in peace Mickey.   an angelic monkey 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #510 on: August 17, 2012, 10:26:13 PM »

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor

Mickey Shunick's Family Proud Mickey Fought Back

(8/17/2012) 06:29 PM by Jenise Fernandez

Family and friends of Mickey Shunick were there in court today, hearing every detail in the case. The family has been meeting with prosecutors, but they didn't know every detail.

Mickey's parents say, after hearing what happened that night, they're proud their daughter did everything she could to stay alive.

"We'll miss her for the rest of our lives," said Nancy Shunick, Mickey's mother.

Tom and Nancy Shunick describe their daughter as a tough girl, who was full of life. They weren't surprised to hear she fought back and tried to stay alive.

"She didn't like being touched, not even by us. We knew she wouldn't put up with that. She'd do anything to get out of that situation," said Tom Shunick, Mickey's father.

This was the first time Tom and Nancy saw Brandon Scott Lavergne in person. The Shunick family sat in the first three rows in the courtroom. Nancy didn't take her eyes off the man who killed her daughter. When Assistant District Attorney Keith Stutes gave details on how Mickey was killed, there were gasps and sobs.

"The first thing that came to my mind is that it took a car, a knife, and a gun to put down a 5 foot girl. Maybe he'll wake up screaming every night, seeing her little hand plunging a knife into his chest," said Nancy.

Tom says he's satisfied with the plea deal, in which Lavergne will serve life in prison with hard labor. He says he didn't want to wait years for a trial.

"The DA met with us a week ago. Before I could say a word when he brought it to the table, Nancy said, 'I want the body found,'" said Tom.

"From the beginning, it's been find Mickey, bring Mickey home," said Nancy.

Many volunteers who worked tirelessly to bring Mickey home, sat with the Shunick family in the courtroom.Mickey's friend Josh Coen says he's glad to see that justice is being served.

"I'm just so proud to have known her and to be a part of something that I'll never forget for the rest of my life," said Coen.

"I don't think there'll ever be closure, but I feel relieved after today," said Tom.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #511 on: August 17, 2012, 10:47:36 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mickey-shunick-killer-pleads-guilty-court-document-reveals/story?id=17029059&page=2#.UC76uamPVro

Mickey Shunick Fought for Her Life, Court Documents Reveal

Page 2 of 2
Aug. 17, 2012

The Shunick family did not respond to request for comment today, but released a statement after today's court hearing, according to The Advocate newspaper.

"My sister, Mickey Shunick, was a warrior," Shunick's sister, Charlene "Charlie" Shunick, wrote. "If it wasn't for her, our community never would have been able to bring down a dangerous man that harmed multiple people."

Shunick's mother, Nancy Anne Rowe, wrote, "She refuses to be a victim. My courageous child faced down a monster. Now I think I can face monsters too. And so can you."

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #512 on: August 18, 2012, 07:56:21 AM »

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20120818/NEWS01/208180326/Lavergne-pleads-guilty-Shunick-Pate-murders-avoids-death-penalty
Lavergne pleads guilty in Shunick, Pate murders, avoids death penalty
August 18, 2012

LAFYETTE -- Brandon Scott Lavergne pleaded guilty Friday morning to murdering Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate.

In court for what was billed as an evidentiary hearing, Lavergne admitted killing the two women in exchange for life in prison, saving himself from facing the death penalty.

The admission came as part of a plea agreement in which Lavergne directed investigators to Shunick's body last week.

As part of his allocution, Lavergne was required to show police where Shunick's body was buried and physically recreate his actions from May 19.
More...

(2 pgs)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #513 on: August 18, 2012, 08:00:28 AM »

http://theadvocate.com/home/3654827-125/lavergne-pleads-guilty-in-two
Lavergne pleads guilty in Shunick, Pate murders
Deal lets suspect avoid death penalty in Shunick, Pate slayings

August 18, 2012

Video at Link

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #514 on: August 18, 2012, 10:11:02 AM »

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20120818/NEWS01/208180326/Lavergne-pleads-guilty-Shunick-Pate-murders-avoids-death-penalty
Lavergne pleads guilty in Shunick, Pate murders, avoids death penalty
August 18, 2012

LAFYETTE -- Brandon Scott Lavergne pleaded guilty Friday morning to murdering Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate.

In court for what was billed as an evidentiary hearing, Lavergne admitted killing the two women in exchange for life in prison, saving himself from facing the death penalty.

The admission came as part of a plea agreement in which Lavergne directed investigators to Shunick's body last week.

As part of his allocution, Lavergne was required to show police where Shunick's body was buried and physically recreate his actions from May 19.
More...

(2 pgs)

::snipping2::Clay Lejeune, one of Lavergne's defense attorneys, said after the hearing that Lavergne has wanted to come clean about Shunick since before his arraignment.

"He showed deep concern for the Shunicks and wanted closure for them," Lejeune said. ::snipping2::

With all due respect to Mr. Lejeune, I find Lavergne's new found remorse to be vapid.  His new found conscious has much more to do with his fear of the death penalty than the feelings for his victims' families.  If he was truly remorseful, he would be spilling his guts about all his past atrocities that are at this point unsolved.  If Texas prosecutors can tie him to the death of Alexandria Lowitzer, he will again be staring straight at the needle. 

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #515 on: August 18, 2012, 12:59:58 PM »

He did this because he knew he was caught.  How many other bodies are there out there that he'll never admit to only because he's gotten away with it so far?  This guy's history needs to be thoroughly looked at.  These aren't his only crimes.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #516 on: August 20, 2012, 08:17:33 PM »

http://www.klfy.com/story/19324456/shunick-remains-back-home
Shunick Remains Back Home
August 20, 2012

Video at Link

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #517 on: August 22, 2012, 01:49:01 PM »

http://1079ishot.com/ul-football-team-to-honor-mickey-shunick/

UL Football Team To Honor Mickey Shunick With Decal On Helmets
By: Chris Reed  |  1 hour ago

Ragin Cajuns
The 2012 UL Football team has decided to honor former UL student Mickey Shunick this year each time the team takes the field. UL officials say that team members will wear a decal portraying a girl on her bicycle on their helmets throughout the  2012 season.The idea of putting a decal of the former UL student on the helmet came from a staff member, and then proposed his idea to Head Coach Mark Hudspeth. Coach thought the idea was great one, and the rest is history.

“What an inspirational story of courage — someone just fighting for her life,” Hudspeth said. “I know our team is just very, very proud to honor one of our own students. Mickey Shunick was a student at UL when she was kidnapped and murdered on May 19th.

Since then, Brandon Scott Lavergene has plead guilty to murdering Mickey. On behalf of all of us here, we would like to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to UL and Coach Hudspeth for honoring such a true fighter. Like many on the UL football team, Mickey too never let go of the rope.

This is the decal:

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #518 on: August 22, 2012, 04:28:20 PM »

Totally awesome! 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #519 on: August 23, 2012, 10:58:05 PM »

http://theadvocate.com/home/3692202-125/shunicks-remains-released-to-funeral

Shunick’s remains released to funeral home
August 23, 2012

LAFAYETTE — Michaela “Mickey” Shunick’s remains have been released to Delhomme Funeral Home, and her father said they are making arrangements for a private service for family members and close friends.

The funeral home said on its website Tuesday that a celebration of life will be held for the 21-year-old woman at a later date. Details will be released to the public as they are finalized, the website said.

Shunick’s remains were found Aug. 7 buried near an old cemetery on La. 10 in rural Evangeline Parish. Authorities were led to the remains after Shunick’s killer, Brandon Scott Lavergne, struck a plea deal that allowed him to serve a life sentence on each of two counts of first-degree murder in the May 19 killing of Shunick and the 1999 killing of Lisa Pate.

He began serving his life sentence at Louisiana State Penitentiary at Angola on Friday.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.