April 19, 2024, 08:09:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mickey Shunick 22 years old, Lafayette, LA MISSING 5/19/2012(BODY FOUND)  (Read 170506 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: August 27, 2012, 07:10:02 PM »

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120827/NEWS01/208270314

Lavergne records remain sealed
12:07 AM, Aug 27, 2012

Evidence and statements gathered during the investigation of Mickey Shunick's murder at the hands of Brandon Lavergne will not be released to the public at this time because of ongoing investigations.

"The documentary and investigative evidence "» contain matters that are still being investigated by both the Lafayette Police Department, as well as multiple other jurisdictions and agencies," City-Parish Attorney Michael Hebert wrote Friday in response to a public records request by The Daily Advertiser.

The information "remains part of continued investigative efforts that are reasonably anticipated to lead to future criminal litigation and are thus exempt from disclosure," Hebert wrote.

Lafayette Police spokesman Cpl. Paul Mouton said Friday he could not comment.
 ::snipping2::

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #521 on: August 27, 2012, 07:15:21 PM »

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120827/NEWS01/208270314

Lavergne records remain sealed
12:07 AM, Aug 27, 2012

Evidence and statements gathered during the investigation of Mickey Shunick's murder at the hands of Brandon Lavergne will not be released to the public at this time because of ongoing investigations.

"The documentary and investigative evidence "» contain matters that are still being investigated by both the Lafayette Police Department, as well as multiple other jurisdictions and agencies," City-Parish Attorney Michael Hebert wrote Friday in response to a public records request by The Daily Advertiser.

The information "remains part of continued investigative efforts that are reasonably anticipated to lead to future criminal litigation and are thus exempt from disclosure," Hebert wrote.

Lafayette Police spokesman Cpl. Paul Mouton said Friday he could not comment.

I hope the information will lead to other unsolved crimes Lavernge may have committed. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #522 on: September 02, 2012, 08:49:16 PM »

http://www.katc.com/news/community-celebreation-to-honor-mickey-shunick/

Community Celebreation to Honor Mickey Shunick
Posted: Sep 2, 2012 3:39 PM
Updated: Sep 2, 2012 6:21 PM

The family and friend of Mickey Shunick are announcing the "Community Celebration to Honor Mickey Shunick." This is a public celebration that will take place at Parc International in Lafayette on September 29. 2012. The gates will open at 11:30 am, with the event beginning at noon. The Shunick family wants to emphasize that this is truly a celebration in every sense of the word, as well as a show of thanks to everyone in the community tohat helped to bring Mickey home. A public art wall will be on display. Beer and food will be available for purchase. T-shirts with a new, celebratory graphic will be sold for the cost of printing.

"The Community Celebration to Honor Mickey Shunick" will begin with several friends sharing their memories of Mickey. City-Parish President Joey Durel will speak and the family and friensd will recognize law enforcement, volunteers, donors, university officials, the district attorney's office, Equusearch, Special K9s and the community as a whole for this incredible effort and outpouring of love to the Shunick family. Finally, the Shunick family will offer a personal statement to the community.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: September 17, 2012, 01:29:19 PM »

As a teen, Lafayette killer was abused, molested, hospitalized
10:07 AM, Sep 13, 2012

LAFAYETTE -- A 33-year-old sex offender convicted in August of killing two Louisiana women was treated as a teen-ager for anger and depression and has a history of physical abuse and molestation, a psychiatric profile shows.

The profile of Brandon S. Lavergne, of Swords in St. Landry Parish, was completed before Lavergne pleaded guilty Aug. 17 to killing Michaela "Mickey" Shunick, 21, of Lafayette, in May of this year and Lisa Ann Pate, 34, a native of New Iberia who was living in Lafayette, in July 1999.

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20120913/NEWS01/120913006/As-teen-Lafayette-killer-abused-molested-hospitalized?odyssey=nav%7Chead&nclick_check=1
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #524 on: September 17, 2012, 01:31:37 PM »

Brandon Lavergne Psychological Report

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/klfy/Agreeement%20.PDF
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: September 30, 2012, 01:43:14 AM »

http://theadvocate.com/news/4020821-123/girl-who-never-gave-up

‘Girl who never gave up’ remembered
September 30, 2012

LAFAYETTE — Mickey Shunick was celebrated Saturday as a vibrant spirit, a warrior who fought her attacker to the end and a girl whose disappearance brought the community together as never before.

A day-long celebration of memories and music culminated with a group bike ride down the path that Shunick last traveled before being abducted and later killed by Brandon Scott Lavergne.

The 33-year-old offshore worker is now serving a life sentence after pleading guilty in August to first-degree murder charges.

More than a hundred friends and relatives rode together to the end of St. Landry Street near Blackham Coliseum, where University of Louisiana at Lafayette President Joseph Savoie dedicated a small park in honor of Shunick.

One her old bikes has been given a permanent home on a pedestal. Children released 90 monarch butterflies in tribute.

Shunick’s mother, Nancy Rowe, said the memorial was bittersweet.

“People ask if it’s closure, but it’s not,” she said, shifting between tears and laughter as she chatted with friends after the park dedication.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #526 on: October 04, 2012, 10:08:06 AM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #527 on: October 31, 2012, 06:24:12 PM »

http://www.klfy.com/story/19947279/forget-me-not

Forget me Not

Posted: Oct 29, 2012 5:50 PM CDT

News 10's Darla Montgomery presents a series of reports profiling the life of Michaela "Mickey" Shunick, whose story made national headlines after she was abducted and murdered on May 19th.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #528 on: November 05, 2012, 11:36:20 AM »

http://www.klfy.com/story/19947279/forget-me-not

Forget me Not

Posted: Oct 29, 2012 5:50 PM CDT

News 10's Darla Montgomery presents a series of reports profiling the life of Michaela "Mickey" Shunick, whose story made national headlines after she was abducted and murdered on May 19th.
She will not be forgotten.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: November 05, 2012, 01:42:35 PM »

Brandon Scott Lavergne's confession to murder (VIDEO)
Updated: Oct 31, 2012 9:00 PM MDT

http://www.fox8live.com/story/19968782/brandon-scott-lavergnes-confession-to-murder
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #530 on: November 05, 2012, 01:45:34 PM »

Lavergne's video confession made public (VIDEOS)
Posted: Oct 25, 2012 7:37 PM by Erin Steuber
Updated: Oct 25, 2012 10:31 PM

A KATC exclusive: The video taped confession of Brandon Scott Lavergne.

http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-s-video-confession-made-public/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: November 05, 2012, 01:47:06 PM »

Brandon Lavergne's letters to ex-wife reveal criminal, violent past
Posted: Oct 17, 2012 6:30 PM by Erin Steuber
Updated: Oct 18, 2012 11:56 AM

Journal entries and letters released as part of the evidence in the case against convicted killer Brandon Scott Lavergne, illustrate a picture of his violent and criminal past. The convicted killer of Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate writes about his self-hatred and loneliness. Again, we warn you some of the content may be disturbing.

Lavergne admits in a letter written to his, now, ex-wife that from the age of 12 he was a criminal. He admits to robbing houses, beating people, selling drugs and even murder. He labeled himself as "a horrible person", saying he did it all because he hated himself.

http://www.katc.com/news/brandon-lavergne-s-letters-to-ex-wife-reveal-criminal-violent-past/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: November 05, 2012, 01:48:42 PM »

Brandon Lavergne's Prison Journal
Posted: Oct 17, 2012 4:14 PM MDT

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/klfy/LavergneDiary.pdf
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #533 on: November 05, 2012, 03:05:08 PM »

Journal entries and letters released as part of the evidence in the case against convicted killer Brandon Scott Lavergne, illustrate a picture of his violent and criminal past. The convicted killer of Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate writes about his self-hatred and loneliness. Again, we warn you some of the content may be disturbing.

Lavergne admits in a letter written to his, now, ex-wife that from the age of 12 he was a criminal. He admits to robbing houses, beating people, selling drugs and even murder. He labeled himself as "a horrible person", saying he did it all because he hated himself.

http://www.katc.com/news/brandon-lavergne-s-letters-to-ex-wife-reveal-criminal-violent-past/

::snipping2::All of the letters to Lavergne's ex-wife start with "I love you's" but turn darker, writing that he never hit her without warning her to stop. He writes "I warned you what I would do if you didn't stop. ::snipping2::

Typical of an abuser -- blame the victim.  I wonder what Mikey and Lisa did to deserve what he did to them?  Did he warn them first?  I am glad he is full of self-loathing, maybe it will cause him misery the rest of his days.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #534 on: November 05, 2012, 06:10:47 PM »

::snipping2::All of the letters to Lavergne's ex-wife start with "I love you's" but turn darker, writing that he never hit her without warning her to stop. He writes "I warned you what I would do if you didn't stop. ::snipping2::

Typical of an abuser -- blame the victim.  I wonder what Mikey and Lisa did to deserve what he did to them?  Did he warn them first?  I am glad he is full of self-loathing, maybe it will cause him misery the rest of his days.   

So true Flutter.   

I don't believe hitting Mickey was an accident, and I don't believe she accepted a ride from him willingly either.  I think he knew he was caught and made up the best story he could that the evidence might support but would put him in a better light than a monster just out looking for his next victim. 

I think if Mickey hadn't fought for her life like she did, he might have just gotten away with it AGAIN!

JMO

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #535 on: November 05, 2012, 09:31:23 PM »

Brandon Lavergne Psychological Report

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/klfy/Agreeement%20.PDF

Read the whole thing, at least what was legible.  Definitely not an illiterate person.  Shows signs of advance writing schools.  Uses figurative language primarily from other sources.  Very little originality.  Main topic:  life is over, but underlying all of the different topics he wrote on was a sense of "poor me."  I didn't sense in remorse for his actions, both against his wife/family and his victim.  Vacillates back and forth on his feelings toward his wife.  The most amusing(?) statement was that his wife was the type of woman who made men enter the priesthood. 

I  wonder what was the purpose of the journal?  Each entry has a title that he expounds upon.  He even goes back and corrects errors in his writing.  That is not usually encouraged in psychological journaling.   I wonder if he was doing it at the behest of a counselor at the prison.  Knowing the purpose would certainly shed some light on the interpretation.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #536 on: November 05, 2012, 11:58:49 PM »

TX Woman's ID Found in Lavergne's Home Could Be Missing for Months (VIDEO) 

Posted: Oct 16, 2012 6:50 PM by Maddie Garrett
Updated: Oct 16, 2012 6:52 PM

More unanswered questions are surfacing in connection to Brandon Scott Lavergne, despite the release of all court documents in the Mickey Shunick case. One of the latest mysteries is a Texas woman's ID and wallet found at Lavergne's home during a police search.

The ID is that of Madeline Aumiller, a woman in her 50's from Texas, specifically believed to be from the Beaumont area. But aside from her wallet and ID found at Lavergne's home, along with the wallet and ID of her deceased father, police cannot tell us what connection the two have to Lavergne, or even who she is.

Madeline Aumiller hasn't been seen or heard from for several months, this according to court documents and a conversation police had with Aumiller's brother. Police said they were unable to find Aumiller, but did speak to her brother, who said she had been living with him until he asked her to move out.

He gave her a car and was depositng money into her bank account. But he told police after several attempts, he was never able to contact his sister. The brother told police he noticed in April that she had not accessed her bank account for six to eight weeks. And as of July he still had not heard from her.

Police are not sure how her ID, or her father's, Frank Aumiller, ended up in Lavergne's possession. Police say Frank died of natural causes in 2009, according to an obituary.

Court documents also reveal another story from a woman in Austin, Texas, claiming to be pregnant with Lavergne's child. The woman told police that Lavergne told her about a woman he picked up hitch-hiking in Beaumont who ran from his truck in Round Rock, Texas. Police said the description of the woman in the story matches Aumiller.

http://www.katc.com/news/tx-woman-s-id-found-in-lavergne-s-home-could-be-missing-for-months/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: November 06, 2012, 12:06:40 AM »

Lavergne's friends aided Shunick probe
 11:00 PM, Oct 16, 2012

The report released Monday answers some of the questions previously unanswered about the case.

On May 19, hours after he allegedly shot Shunick to death, a male friend of Lavergne's from New Orleans drove Lavergne to Ochsner Medical Center for treatment of stab wounds.

Lavergne told police Shunick fought him twice, stabbing him with his own knife before he shot her.

The friend said Lavergne told him two friends in Lafayette stabbed him and he drove to New Orleans for medical treatment because he didn't want to get them in trouble.

"Records showed that he arrived with blood saturated band aids covering wounds that were no longer bleeding," an investigator wrote.

The friend told police the center console of Lavergne's truck was covered with blood.

Lavergne was released from Ochsner May 20. He took photographs of his injuries with his cell phone while at the hospital.

Sometime after 5 p.m. May 20, Lavergne put the bloody shirt he was wearing at the time of the stabbing into a Dumpster at the Acadia Parish business of his fiancee's father.

That man visited the Lafayette Police Department on May 29 to report suspicions that Lavergne might be involved in Shunick's disappearance, the report states.

Lavergne told the family he was attacked in New Orleans and his fiancee's father recalled Lavergne said he bled a lot and "didn't know blood smelt so bad."

Another male relative later contacted police, also reporting concerns that Lavergne was involved in the Shunick case.

The documents show Lavergne's half-sister in Conroe, Texas, told police she drove him on May 30 to a remote location in San Jacinto County, Texas, where he burned his truck. The truck was found May 31 on Hues Road in Shepherd, Texas.

Lavergne told her he needed to get rid of the truck because it was involved in something illegal in Louisiana. She said a $300 debt she owed him was cleared because of her help.

The son of Lavergne's half-sister reported seeing 10 to 12 fingernail scratch marks on the upholstery behind the driver's side head rest of Lavergne's vehicle and a maroon-colored tablecloth on the bench of the seat, the report states.

His sister provided deputies with cleaning supplies Lavergne left at her house the day he burned his truck, and she told police she saw him remove a long knife, which resembled a sword, he had hidden at her house.

The investigative report released Monday clarifies that report. Fishermen found the bike and suspected it was Shunick's. Unable to reach police through the Shunick tip line, they took the bike home and reported it the next day.

The cell phone number of Shunick's mother was found written on an envelope in the truck Lavergne was driving when he was arrested July 5, according to the report.

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20121017/NEWS01/210170326?nclick_check=1
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #538 on: November 06, 2012, 12:24:31 AM »

New information on Texas woman whose ID found in Laveregne's home
Posted: Oct 25, 2012 9:48 PM by Erin Steuber

New information tonight on the Texas woman, whose ID was found in Brandon Scott Lavergne's Church Point home. Madeline Aumiller is in her 50's. She's from the Beaumont area. Family members say they haven't heard from her in six months.

As you recall, Aumiller's ID, along with her deceased father's ID, were found in Brandon Lavergne's residence during a search of his property during the Mickey Shunick investigation. But there is no known connection between Aumiller and Lavergne. Family members say they became estranged, and she stopped withdrawing from her bank account in April. But we're learning, things may change.

Aumiller's brother isn't saying much, but did answer a few questions. He says he still hasn't heard from her, but has heard she's alive, and somewhere in the Fort Polk area.

http://www.katc.com/news/new-information-on-texas-woman-whose-id-found-in-laveregne-s-home/
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #539 on: January 08, 2013, 11:09:29 AM »

1/8/13  Inmate seeks to void pleas   
"Lavergne now alleges in court documents that he felt pressured to plead guilty because he faced a possible death penalty and believed his attempts at mounting a legal defense would have been frustrated by the extensive pre-trial publicity, some of which he alleges was stoked by information leaked by authorities."
http://theadvocate.com/home/4858393-125/inmate-seeks-to-void-pleas

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.