March 28, 2024, 10:32:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mickey Shunick 22 years old, Lafayette, LA MISSING 5/19/2012(BODY FOUND)  (Read 170253 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #540 on: January 08, 2013, 06:59:56 PM »

1/8/13  Inmate seeks to void pleas   
"Lavergne now alleges in court documents that he felt pressured to plead guilty because he faced a possible death penalty and believed his attempts at mounting a legal defense would have been frustrated by the extensive pre-trial publicity, some of which he alleges was stoked by information leaked by authorities."
http://theadvocate.com/home/4858393-125/inmate-seeks-to-void-pleas

Maybe he wants the death penalty now?   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #541 on: January 15, 2013, 10:59:28 AM »

1/8/13  Inmate seeks to void pleas   
"Lavergne now alleges in court documents that he felt pressured to plead guilty because he faced a possible death penalty and believed his attempts at mounting a legal defense would have been frustrated by the extensive pre-trial publicity, some of which he alleges was stoked by information leaked by authorities."
http://theadvocate.com/home/4858393-125/inmate-seeks-to-void-pleas

Maybe he wants the death penalty now?   

oh, just color him pitiful  -- NOT!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #542 on: January 28, 2013, 10:12:53 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow/posts/152210028265402

FIND MICKEY SHUNICK NOW shared a link.
Yesterday
Hey guys, Dateline NBC has been working very hard on this show for quite a few months now. It will be covering everything about Mickey's life as well as the entire search effort to bring her home. This is just a sneak peak of the special but if you are interested it will be on Tuesday night (January 29th) at 9:00pm.

http://107jamz.com/mickey-shunick-case-featured-on-nbcs-dateline-tuesday-jan-29th-video/

Mickey Shunick Case Featured On NBC’s Dateline Tuesday Jan. 29th [VIDEO]
By Mike Soileau Yesterday

The case of the missing University of Louisiana Lafayette student Mickey Shunick will be the featured story on NBC’s Dateline this Tuesday night January 29th.

The show will spotlight the case of Mickey Shunick from the beginning when she went missing, to the arrest of Brandon Scott Lavergne and the discovery of her body.

::snipping2::

Preview:

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/dateline/50620866

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #543 on: April 24, 2013, 10:36:13 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow/posts/476733119062598

FIND MICKEY SHUNICK NOW · 35,929 like this
about an hour ago ·
Today, the Lafayette Police Department honored the 21 members of the 'Mickey Shunick Task Force'. We cannot send them enough love and appreciation for their diligent, hard work that brought the murderer of two beautiful women to justice! Thank you so much LPD, we love all of you! ♥ (and thank you Dee Stanley for letting us know!)

As we approach the one-year anniversary of the night she went missing, Lafayette Police Chief Jim Craft honors the 21-members of the Mickey Shunick Task Force at the annual Crimestoppers banquet today at The Petroleum Club. We shall ALWAYS remember.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #544 on: April 29, 2013, 08:46:55 AM »

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: July 07, 2013, 01:40:48 AM »

http://theadvocate.com/news/acadiana/6377789-123/lavergne-bemoans-portrayal-as-sick

Lavergne bemoans portrayal as ‘sick, twisted murderer’

BY BILLY GUNN
Acadiana bureau
July 06, 2013

LAFAYETTE — Brandon Lavergne, the convicted killer of two women, is filing a flurry of lawsuits from his solitary prison cell at Louisiana State Penitentiary at Angola claiming he’s been wrongly portrayed as a “sick, twisted, murderer.”

This past week the man who is serving two life sentences after confessing to the killings filed 12 federal lawsuits against those he claims have wronged and persecuted him.

The targets of Lavergne’s hand-written lawsuits, which are peppered with misspellings, include the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s office, his ex-wife, Dateline NBC and a former prison cellmate.

Lavergne said the people and the institutions he is suing have all played a part in persecuting him and he wants money from all of them, including his sister, Brook Megan Broussard.

“Brook made a false statement to Texas and Louisiana law enforcement officials in July of 2012; that in 1999 I made an unwanted sexual advance on her while she was 7 months pregnant,” Lavergne wrote. “Brooks false statement caused me sever mental anguish, suffering and pain.”

Lavergne, 34, pleaded guilty in August 2012 to killing Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate. The guilty pleas to the first-degree murder charges got Lavergne life in prison with no chance of parole instead of the death penalty.

It wasn’t long after Lavergne started serving his sentence before he started filing motions that contained his declarations that he had been unfairly targeted. His state court motion in January asking a judge to void his guilty pleas failed, as have other attempts.

Lavergne has continued to act as his own attorney.

His latest endeavors are in federal civil court, with lawsuits filed against sheriff’s offices in Lafayette and Acadia parishes, his public defenders, the Lafayette Parish District Attorney’s Office, the Lafayette Police Department, his ex-wife, his sister, Dateline NBC, and others he contends wronged him over the years.

In the suit against his ex-wife, Lavergne said Lainey Vasseur Martinez falsely told police in late 1999 and early 2000 that he beat her, and that her statements against him have “evolved over the years to fit” what police have wanted her to say against him.

In his suit against the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s Office, Lavergne states that after he was arrested in July 2012, he had chosen not to talk to law officials about Shunick.

“I had invoked the 5th,” Lavergne wrote, and the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center chaplain visited him after his arrest, “telling me that Jesus wanted me to tell the truth and I need to confess my sins.”

Lavergne said the chaplain brought another pastor. Both told him “I needed to let the holy spirit lead me and tell the truth.”

Lavergne said the chaplain was a deputy, and that her encouragement for him to talk after he told officials he was keeping quiet was a violation of his rights.

“Law enforcement officials used the chaplin to talk to me because they had no other way of speaking to me without being in danger of breaching the 5th Amendment,” Lavergne wrote.

Lavergne also is suing Dateline NBC for the content in its January episode that featured the Shunick and Pate killings.

Lavergne alleges that NBC stole his “intellectual property” and caused him pain and suffering.

“Dateline NBC profited from the thief of my photos that came from my personal computer and Apple iPhone and were disclosed without my permission or consent,” Lavergne wrote. “Further a image of my drivers license with the words SEX OFFENDER in bold orange letters on the license was aired.”

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #546 on: July 08, 2013, 07:36:44 AM »

oh for pity's sake . . . the chaplain's "encouragement" for him to tell the truth infringed on him.  Give me a break.  He just wants something to do and attention.  Hope he chokes on his pen.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: July 26, 2013, 05:09:22 PM »

http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-files-federal-suits-against-dozens-following-conviction/
Lavergne files federal suits against dozens following conviction
July 10, 2013

Convicted killer Brandon Scott Lavergne is staying busy at Angola, suing media outlets, law enforcement, and people who spoke to officials following his 2012 arrest for the murders of Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate. Lavergne alleges slander, libel, false reporting, and theft of his property in nearly two dozen lawsuits filed over two weeks.

However, unless Lavergne pays up, none of these cases will see a courtroom. Lavergne says he cannot afford counsel and his cognitive ability is being affected by his sleep apnea, but, in court filings, a federal judge says he still needs to pay $400 per case or file a hardship waiver to have the cases heard.

In total, Lavergne filed 22 civil claims in federal court from June 21 to July 3. He claims the case has federal jurisdiction because it was seen nationwide and crossed state lines. This week, Lavergne filed a request to combine seventeen of the suits into one called "Brandon Scott Lavergne vs Mike Harson." He says, "all the following parties work together in a conspiracy to violate my civil and constitution rights." Lavergne asked that the other five suits be heard separately, including the claims against his bank, Dateline NBC, a private investigator, The Daily Advertiser and Busted in Acadiana.

Lavergne pleaded guilty to the Pate and Shunick murders in August 2012, and is serving life in Angola.

Here is a synopsis of each filing:

(Long list - click on article link to see)
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #548 on: July 26, 2013, 10:14:22 PM »

http://www.katc.com/news/lavergne-files-federal-suits-against-dozens-following-conviction/

TY Brandi

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #549 on: July 27, 2013, 05:58:27 PM »

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.