March 28, 2024, 04:44:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mickey Shunick 22 years old, Lafayette, LA MISSING 5/19/2012(BODY FOUND)  (Read 170240 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2012, 12:32:51 AM »

Sister of missing Lafayette woman talks

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) -
Family members of a missing Lafayette woman are speaking out about her disappearance.

Mickey Shunick was reported missing after leaving a home in Lafayette on her bicycle. Friends and family say it's unlikely the 22-year-old ran away. So they are shocked and confused.

"We haven't found her bicycle, we haven't found a piece of her bicycle, we haven't found a paint chip from her bicycle, we haven't found a strand of hair anywhere, no DNA evidence," says Mickey's sister, Charlie Shunick. She says she believes her sister was abducted.

::snipping2::

http://www.ksla.com/story/18629521/sister-of-missing-lafayette-woman-talks
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2012, 12:55:01 AM »

Brettly Wilson

NANCY GRACE
Louisiana Police Search for Missing 21-Year-Old Lafayette Woman
Aired May 24, 2012 - 20:00   ET

GRACE: With me also, in addition to Mickey`s father, Mr. Tom Shunick, is one of her very best friends. In fact, Brettly Wilson was with her that evening. Brettly, thank you for being with us.

And everybody, I know the first place you start an investigation is who saw her last. And they get a lot of scrutiny. And let me tell you this young man, Brettly Wilson, has cooperated with the police fully, goes into the police station without a lawyer, endures, to my understanding, about a 16-hour interrogation, submits himself to a polygraph, has been on searches, has been on the airwaves trying to find his friend.

<snipped>

GRACE: A 21-year-old anthropology student, a co-ed at the University of Louisiana, takes off on her black Schwinn with gold trim, never seen again, this after a trip to Taco Bell.  And we have confirmed she was there. There`s (ph) surveillance drive-through. Not only that, her dad confirms her ATM shows she was there at the time we believe she was there.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/24/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2012, 12:55:13 AM »

Police Pinpoint Mickey's Steps, Surveillance Video Provides Lead (video)

http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2012, 12:58:07 AM »

Woman says she may have been picked up by the same truck in surveilance photos (video)

Posted 10:13 PM 5/25/2012 : Woman says she may have been picked up by the same truck in surveilance photos

After seeing the pictures of the truck, Tasha Patterson believes it is the same truck that approached her two months ago. She says she was riding her bike down South College around 2 pm.

http://www.katc.com/videos/woman-says-she-may-have-been-picked-up-by-the-same-truck-in-surveilance-photos/
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2012, 12:58:56 AM »

Missing Lafayette woman captured on video, white pickup sought

The following is a Press Release from the Lafayette Police Department:

Detectives were able to identify a bicyclist believed to be Mickey Shunick traveling on Versailles Blvd and Saint Landry Street. 

At approximately 1:47 a.m. the bicyclist is captured on Versailles Blvd traveling towards St. John Street. She then traveled on St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street where she was captured on video at approximately 1:48 p.m. 

Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick traveled on both streets.
Anyone with information about the case of the pickup truck is encouraged to call the tips line at 337-291-8633 or Crime Stoppers at 337-232-TIPS.

http://www.kplctv.com/story/18628976/missing-lafayette-woman-captured-on-video-white-pickup-sought

BUMPED

Thanks Northern Rose

As Beth Holloway would say "Greta, this is huge!!"

Good Night

Janet
9:55 PM PT

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2012, 05:02:13 AM »

Woman says she may have been picked up by the same truck in surveilance photos (video)

Posted 10:13 PM 5/25/2012 : Woman says she may have been picked up by the same truck in surveilance photos

After seeing the pictures of the truck, Tasha Patterson believes it is the same truck that approached her two months ago. She says she was riding her bike down South College around 2 pm.

http://www.katc.com/videos/woman-says-she-may-have-been-picked-up-by-the-same-truck-in-surveilance-photos/

This woman needs to thank every guardian angel in the universe that she is still here to tell her story.

When will they ever learn?

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2012, 03:13:35 PM »

Okay, it's looking like I own Mr. Brettly an apology!  I guess I'm so used to the person closest to the missing being the bad guy, and watching too much Discovery ID!  I hope they are able to rule in or out this truck!  I get the feeling they can see the plates and are honing in on them!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2012, 11:02:02 PM »

Okay, it's looking like I own Mr. Brettly an apology!  I guess I'm so used to the person closest to the missing being the bad guy, and watching too much Discovery ID!  I hope they are able to rule in or out this truck!  I get the feeling they can see the plates and are honing in on them!

melish

I am learning that my hinky feelings cannot be relied upon.  However ... it does appears that 16 hours of interrogation by investigators implies we were not alone in our suspicions regarding Brettly.

I am in agreement.  It will not be long before the driver of that pickup is identified.

Janet

_____

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2012, 12:20:43 AM »

http://www.fox8live.com/story/18633019/police-search-for-two-additional-vehicles-in-shunick-case
Police search for two additional vehicles in Shunick case

Additional surveillance footage, released Saturday, shows a second white four-door pickup truck in the area. The second truck is described as a Chevrolet Silverado Z71.

Police also released another surveillance image that shows a third vehicle near the scene. It is described as an 80's or 90's four-door vehicle with body work.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2012, 12:30:34 AM »

Police search for two additional vehicles in Shunick case

Lafayette, LA - Officers with the Lafayette Police Department are searching for two additional vehicles in the case of Mickey Shunick who has been missing since May 19, 2012.

Police released surveillance footage Friday that displays a white four-door pickup truck that appears near where Shunick was last seen. Surveillance footage shows Shunick riding a bicycle west on St. Landry St at 1:48 a.m.

Additional surveillance footage, released Saturday, shows a second white four-door pickup truck in the area. The second truck is described as a Chevrolet Silverado Z71.

Police also released another surveillance image that shows a third vehicle near the scene. It is described as an 80's or 90's four-door vehicle with body work.

If you have any information that could help police locate Mickey Shunick, you are asked to call the tips line at 337-291-8633.

http://www.fox8live.com/story/18633019/police-search-for-two-additional-vehicles-in-shunick-case
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2012, 12:34:35 AM »

The first truck drove from the area that Mickey had traveled.

It is evident from the new photo that the vehicle has a bed cover and tinted windows.

The second truck is a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street.

The third vehicle is an 80’s or 90’s 4 door vehicle with body work on the rear right quarter panel. Detectives are interested in locating the vehicles and speaking with the occupants to obtain further information on the case.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call the tips line at 337-291-8633.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120526/NEWS01/120526004
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2012, 12:37:32 AM »

UPDATE: Mickey Shunick press conference cancelled for today

Although they acknowledge that finding and releasing a piece of surveillance video brought a slew of new tips, police announced they have cancelled today's 3 p.m. press conference on the latest developments in the Mickey Shunick case.

"There are no updates to the case at this time," the email from Lafayette Police Department CIO Cpl. Paul Mouton began. "The Police Department has received a tremendous response in regards to the information released on the vehicle of interest. Detectives continue to follow up tips. I will notify all of you if we decide to conduct a press briefing regarding new information

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120526/NEWS01/120526002/UPDATE-Mickey-Shunick-press-conference-cancelled-today?odyssey=mod%7Cbreaking%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2012, 12:53:11 AM »

Update: More Vehicles of Interest in Mickey Shunick Case (video)

http://www.katc.com/news/update-more-vehicles-of-interest-in-mickey-shunick-case/#!prettyPhoto/0/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2012, 12:59:48 AM »

UPDATE V: Search Continues for Missing Lafayette Woman

Lafayette, LA – Detectives have provided an updated picture of the initial vehicle of interest and the pictures of two additional vehicles that were in the area during the same time frame when Mickey Shunick was last captured on surveillance footage. The first truck (Picture1) drove from the area that Mickey had traveled. It is evident from the new photo that the vehicle has a bed cover and tinted windows. The second truck (Picture2) is a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street. The third vehicle (Pictures 3 &4) is an 80’s or 90’s 4-door vehicle with body work on the rear right quarter panel. Detectives are interested in locating the vehicles and speaking with the occupants to obtain further information on the case.

Anyone with information on any of these 3 vehicles is encouraged to call the tips line at 337-291-8633 or Crime Stoppers at 337-232-TIPS.

The first truck (Picture1) drove from the area that Mickey had traveled. It is evident from the new photo that the vehicle has a bed cover and tinted windows. Released 052612

The second truck (Picture2) is a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street. Released 052612

The third vehicle (Pictures 3 &4) is an 80’s or 90’s 4-door vehicle with body work on the rear right quarter panel. Released 052612

The third vehicle (Pictures 3 &4) is an 80’s or 90’s 4-door vehicle with body work on the rear right quarter panel. Released 052612

http://www.bustedinacadiana.com/2012/05/lafayette-city-police-press-releases-on-mickey-shunick-case/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2012, 01:12:02 AM »

The search headquarters is moving again to the Blackham Colosseum on Johnston St. The video from St Landry St that picked up Mickey on her bike runs into the Colosseum towards the rear of the building. this is all just a few blocks from UL's campus. The people here are going above and beyond to find Mickey. It is quite heart warming and sad at the same time. Unfortunately, allot of time has gone by.

I hate to say this and I am sure the pd is onto this but trash pickup in that area should have been on Monday and I believe Thursday.

Thank you all for updating Mickey's case.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2012, 09:16:47 AM »

Did you notice the same truck is going both ways down that street that Mickey was going down? You can tell by the cars in the gas station that it appears to be within minutes. In the top pic it looks like they either don't have a tailgate or it's down (see pic 3), IMO.

http://www.kplctv.com/story/18628976/missing-lafayette-woman-captured-on-video-white-pickup-sought

http://www.bustedinacadiana.com/2012/05/lafayette-city-police-press-releases-on-mickey-shunick-case/

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2012, 10:18:27 AM »

Probably my imagination but does that look like a bicycle wheel in the back of that truck?

NOPE - I think it's just a shadow or something on the curb. 

« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 10:22:45 AM by klaasend » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2012, 10:44:04 AM »

Police 'flooded' with tips in search for missing Louisiana college student Michaela Shunick

Louisiana authorities say they have been "flooded" with tips in their search for a missing college student last seen leaving a late-night party by bicycle.

The search for Michaela "Mickey" Shunick intensified after police released surveillance videos Friday showing a bicyclist thought to be the missing 22-year-old college student. Police also said they were eyeing a white four-door pickup truck seen in the same video.

"We've actually been flooded with information on potential trucks and why they are suspicious, that we should check a residence because there is a truck there," Lafayette police spokesman Cpl. Paul Mouton told the Daily Advertiser. "The tips have included anything and everything. It's been a tremendous response.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/27/police-flooded-with-tips-in-search-for-missing-louisiana-college-student/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2012, 10:45:40 AM »

Shunick volunteer headquarters moving

The volunteer headquarters for the Find Mickey Shunick effort is moving to Blackham Coliseum tonight.

The headquarters are being moved to give volunteers more space to work. An estimated 320 to 350 people signed up to search on Saturday, and dozens more are working inside the headquarters.

Volunteers first were at 100 Ryan St., the home where Shunick was last seen on May 19. After a few days, they moved to Our Lady of Wisdom on the UL campus. Tonight's move will be from Our Lady of Wisdom to Blackham Coliseum.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120526/NEWS01/120526003/Shunick-volunteer-headquarters-moving-
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2012, 05:46:09 PM »

Mickey Shunick: Missing Student's Bike Found Under Bridge
May 27, 2012

Two fishermen found the bicycle of missing Louisiana student Michaela "Mickey" Shunick today, more than a week after the 22-year-old woman went missing after leaving a friend's home on her bike.

Police found the bike early this morning under a bridge at Whiskey Bay on the Atchafalaya River, after being tipped off by the fishermen.

Shunick's family members were brought to the scene and confirmed that the bike is Shunick's black and gold Schwinn. Police are not releasing details on the bike's condition.

Police are planning to perform a grid search of the area where the bike was found on ATVs. Officers are searching the Atchafalaya River by boat, but the river's current was too strong to allow for divers this afternoon, police said.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mickey-shunick-missing-students-bike-found-bridge/story?id=16440759

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.