April 27, 2024, 01:03:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mickey Shunick 22 years old, Lafayette, LA MISSING 5/19/2012(BODY FOUND)  (Read 170672 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: May 27, 2012, 05:52:45 PM »

POLICE CONFIRM MICKEY'S BIKE FOUND
2:27 PM, May. 27, 2012

Lafayette Police confirmed that a bicycle found under the Whiskey Bay exit off Interstate 10 this morning is the same bicycle that Michaela “Mickey” Shunick was riding when she was last seen on May 19.

The bicycle was found underneath the overpass after fishermen called the information in to the Lafayette Police Department tips line. Investigators arrived on the scene Sunday morning and are continuing to process the area for clues.

"The entire area and the river are being searched for clues and evidence," said Lafayette Police Department PIO Cpl. Paul Mouton in an email Sunday afternoon. "Police are asking the public to remain out of the area so that law enforcement officials can search."

Mouton also said that the Shunick family has confirmed the found bicycle belongs to Mickey.

Currently, members of the St. Martin Parish Narcotics Unit are using four-wheelers to scour the treeline and woods in the area. A Louisiana State Police helicopter is flying low, performing an aerial search.

<snipped>

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120527/NEWS01/120527003/POLICE-CONFIRM-MICKEY-S-BIKE-FOUND?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Underneath the bridge itself, K-9 units and a Lafayette Police Department command post are set up to help direct the searchers.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #101 on: May 27, 2012, 06:02:42 PM »

The article says none of her belongings have been found, purse, cell phone, etc...

One could imagine that either she willingly got into a vehicle or there was more than one person in the vehicle.  I'm thinking the latter.  The abduction was too 'clean'.

I wonder how far her bike was found from the neighborhood she was last seen in?
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2012, 06:11:11 PM »

The article says none of her belongings have been found, purse, cell phone, etc...

One could imagine that either she willingly got into a vehicle or there was more than one person in the vehicle.  I'm thinking the latter.  The abduction was too 'clean'.

This is only about 20 minutes away or so. Allot is flying around locally. The search is intensifying in that area right now. The exit s blocked off from motorist.
I am filled with sadness right now.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2012, 06:16:38 PM »

This is only about 20 minutes away or so. Allot is flying around locally. The search is intensifying in that area right now. The exit s blocked off from motorist.

Thanks, Cartfly.  My guess is her body will be found elsewhere. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2012, 06:23:01 PM »

My understanding of the video at the following link is that Mickey was captured on surveillance at The Circle K which is south of the route home.  It doesn't make sense.

cw618 ... HELP!!  I require a "really simple" map with all the pertinent locations between Brettley's home and Mickey's home included the area where the bike was found.

Thanks

Janet

+++++

Mickey Shunick: Missing Student's Bike Found Under Bridge
May 27, 2012

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mickey-shunick-missing-students-bike-found-bridge/story?id=16440759

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #105 on: May 27, 2012, 06:36:41 PM »

This is not a good area, it's a swamp area and near the atchafalaya basin which is huge. The bridge where the bike was located is west of Lafayette near Cecilia and Breaux bridge going towards Baton Rouge. There are lots of fisherman out this weekend so maybe there willbe some resolution. This is the same area that serial killer from Baton Rouge a few years back placed a local victim. I can only remember his first name was Derrick.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #106 on: May 27, 2012, 07:31:39 PM »

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #107 on: May 27, 2012, 07:37:01 PM »

This is a map from the video

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2012, 07:39:49 PM »

They said she was spotted going in a different direction then going home..

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2012, 07:46:08 PM »

My understanding of the video at the following link is that Mickey was captured on surveillance at The Circle K which is south of the route home.  It doesn't make sense.

cw618 ... HELP!!  I require a "really simple" map with all the pertinent locations between Brettley's home and Mickey's home included the area where the bike was found.

Thanks

Janet

+++++

Mickey Shunick: Missing Student's Bike Found Under Bridge
May 27, 2012

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mickey-shunick-missing-students-bike-found-bridge/story?id=16440759

Could it be that it is not Mickey whose image was captured on surviellance?

Janet

_____

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2012, 07:55:24 PM »

Just for my knowing...what kind of car does Brettly have?  Wondering if her bike looks like it had been hit or not?  Lots of questions!  Why did she go a little out of the way home, stopping somewhere else or maybe just taking the most lighted way home?????  Poor girl, hasn't looked good since the beginning!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2012, 07:59:53 PM »

Amy's Sister

Considering the image captured on surviellance was biking south ... biking away from Mickey's home ... your thoughts reflect mine.

Janet

_____

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »

if you zoom in there are parks in the area,wonder if they have been searched

Ryan Street, Lafayette, LA- to-W Governor Miro Dr, Lafayette, LA 70506
drive route
4.3 mi, 12 mins
http://g.co/maps/925xt
bike route
5.3 mi, 28 mins
http://g.co/maps/3bq2n

several pks,and on the car route,it takes you down a main troughfare
http://g.co/maps/gtsmz

BUMPED

Several routes are possible

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2012, 08:53:15 PM »

This is not a good area, it's a swamp area and near the atchafalaya basin which is huge. The bridge where the bike was located is west of Lafayette near Cecilia and Breaux bridge going towards Baton Rouge. There are lots of fisherman out this weekend so maybe there willbe some resolution. This is the same area that serial killer from Baton Rouge a few years back placed a local victim. I can only remember his first name was Derrick.
***CORRECTION***Whiskey Bay exit is EAST not west of Lafayette.....God forbid if I get lost, lol

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2012, 09:02:39 PM »

Official press release from earlier:

http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Press_Releases.asp?PR_Id=4677

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2012, 09:23:03 PM »

This is a map from the video

Thanks Blonde

Are investigators certain that it is Mickey who was captured on those surviellance cameras?  According to Brittly ... Mickey was tired.  It makes sense ... if Brittly's words are the truth ... Mickey would take the most direct route home.  After all ... it is 2:00 AM.  Is there something I am not getting?

Janet

++++

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Friend Speaks Out about Mickey Shunick Disappearance
Aired May 23, 2012 - 19:00   ET

<snipped>

VELEZ-MITCHELL:  Straight out to our exclusive guest, Brettly Wilson, the very last person to see Mickey Shunick before she vanished.

Brettly, thank you so much for joining us tonight. Let`s just start by -- if you can tell us what happened, you`re at this Artmosphere with apparently nine other friends, including Mickey. And how did you end up getting separated from eight of them and then you and Mickey going back to your place?

WILSON: Well, Mickey was pretty tired. Her sister had come in the night before. They were both going to go to her brother`s graduation the next night. And so she as ready to go before anyone else was.

By the end of the night came, everyone decided they were going to go their separate ways. They didn`t want food. They wanted to go home and didn`t want to go somewhere else. So me and Mickey took off towards my house, and I offered to get her food at a nearby Taco Bell.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So you went -- you went to Taco Bell straight from Artmosphere, or did you go home first?

WILSON: We went to my house. It was too late to bike indoors (ph) with Taco Bell. So we got in the car, and I took her through the drive- through. She picked something up, brought it back. She ate it.

At that point we got two phone calls from friends, asking, you know, where we were, checking on us and saying they were going to go get food somewhere else. At that point, Mickey decided she was still too tired. She had gotten food and so she had wanted to go home at that point.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/23/ijvm.01.html

Police: Missing La. student seen in surveillance video
Updated 1d 16h ago

LAFAYETTE, La. – A week-old surveillance video showing a bicyclist believed to be Michaela "Mickey" Shunick has offered renewed hope of finding the missing college student soon.

Lafayette police released footage Friday night that they believe shows Shunick, a 22-year-old senior anthropology major at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, riding her bicycle in downtown Lafayette.

Police said one segment of video shows the cyclist on Versailles Boulevard, traveling toward St. John Street at 1:47 a.m. CDT May 19. She then traveled onto St. John Street and crossed over University Avenue, continuing west on St. Landry Street, where she was seen on another video at 1:48 a.m.

<snipped>

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-05-26/missing-louisiana-student-surveillance-video/55215060/1

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: May 27, 2012, 09:29:45 PM »

Thanks cartfly.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2012, 09:34:52 PM »

cartfly

In relation to Brettly's home ... where was the bike located?

The indirect route home that a tired Mickey was allegedly biking and ... the absence of any of her personal belongings at the scene where the bike was located is giving me a hinky feeling.  My hinky feelings have often been wrong in the past.

Janet

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2012, 09:54:01 PM »

Page 2 of article, the location of the bike.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120527/NEWS01/120527003/POLICE-CONFIRM-MICKEY-S-BIKE-FOUND?odyssey=mod|mostview

::snipping2::
The area where the bike was found is just off of Exit 127 of I-10 in Iberville Parish, about midway between Lafayette and Baton Rouge. The road leading from the exit is rural, with tall grass, patches of thick woods and a general swampy atmosphere. Still, it is usually well-traveled by fishermen and outdoors enthusiasts.

The location where the bike was found is more than 30 miles from where it was last seen in the early morning hours of May 19, when surveillance cameras near downtown Lafayette captured Shunick riding the bike along Versailles Boulevard and St. Landry Street.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2012, 10:01:18 PM »

Page 2 of article, the location of the bike.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20120527/NEWS01/120527003/POLICE-CONFIRM-MICKEY-S-BIKE-FOUND?odyssey=mod|mostview

The area where the bike was found is just off of Exit 127 of I-10 in Iberville Parish, about midway between Lafayette and Baton Rouge. The road leading from the exit is rural, with tall grass, patches of thick woods and a general swampy atmosphere. Still, it is usually well-traveled by fishermen and outdoors enthusiasts.

The location where the bike was found is more than 30 miles from where it was last seen in the early morning hours of May 19, when surveillance cameras near downtown Lafayette captured Shunick riding the bike along Versailles Boulevard and St. Landry Street.

Thanks Grace.

Prior to the family reporting Mickey missing following her brother's graduation the following day ... there was plenty of time for a cover up by whoever was involved in the happenings encompassing the disappearance.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.