April 26, 2024, 08:16:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William Cunningham , 1 yo missing Covington KY 5/23/12(Body Found)  (Read 18122 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 25, 2012, 11:43:57 PM »

Police Searching For Missing 1-Year-Old Boy

COVINGTON, Ky. -- Police were searching for a 1-year-old child who disappeared from his apartment complex on Friday evening.
 Police said William Cunningham was last seen on Welsh Drive about 5 p.m.
Police said Cunningham was wearing blue jean shorts, and a brown and tan plaid shirt.
 Police said he was playing with other kids in the park behind one of the apartment buildings and didn't return home. At that point, the family called police, officers said.

::snipping2::

http://www.wlwt.com/news/31115036/detail.html
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 02:45:20 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 11:45:04 PM »

Toddler Missing in Covington

A 1-year-old boy is missing in Covington.

William Cunningham was last seen on Welsh Drive in the City Heights Public Housing Complex, at around 6 p.m. Friday.

Police say the boy's aunt, who was babysitting him, left the toddler with a friend, while she went inside of one of the apartments.  When she came back, Cunningham was gone.

Local 12 News has a crew at the scene, as the search continues.

Call Covington Police at 859-292-2222 if you know the boy's whereabouts.

http://www.local12.com/mostpopular/story/Toddler-Missing-in-Covington/J4GhGzwfO0i7wPCZqyzH_A.cspx
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 11:46:44 PM »

Police search for missing 1-year-old boy in Covington

COVINGTON, Ky. - Police continue to search for a missing 1-year-old boy who was last seen in Covington Friday evening.

The child, who police identify as William Cunningham, was last seen on Welsh Drive at the City Heights Public Housing Complex around 6 p.m.

He is described as an African-American male with short, curly dark hair wearing a brown shirt, blue jean shorts and black shoes.

Police have not released any other details at this time. The investigation is ongoing.

If you have any information on the child's whereabouts, call police or 911 immediately.

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/local_news/police-search-for-missing-1-year-old-boy-in-covington_7549313
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 11:57:51 PM »

UPDATE: Covington Police Assistant Chief Spike Jones says the boy may have been picked up by a family member without the mother knowing. Those details are developing right now and this story will be updated when more is known.

http://www.therivercitynews.blogspot.ca/
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 11:59:34 PM »

Police questioned neighbors and those who saw the child before his disappearance. Officials say they have reason to believe a family member may have picked up the child without telling his parents.

No other details have been released at this time. The investigation is ongoing.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/local_news/police-search-for-missing-1-year-old-boy-in-covington
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 12:00:57 AM »

A canine unit was called to the area, and authorities have not released any other details of the investigation at this time.

Anyone with information should call Covington police at (859) 292-2222.

http://www.fox19.com/story/18629148/covington-police-searching-for-missing-1-year-old?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 10:09:35 AM »

William Cunningham was last seen on Welsh Drive in the City Heights Public Housing Complex, around 6 p.m. Friday. Covington Police said late Friday they believe the boy is safe with an immediate family member – although he had not been located as of midnight. Police released limited details about the case since the investigation was ongoing. Detectives interviewed the boy’s mother and aunt.

The toddler’s aunt told Local 12 News she was babysitting him and left the boy playing with other kids outside while she went into her apartment to retrieve some clothing.. When she came back William Cunningham was gone.

http://www.local12.com/mostpopular/story/Toddler-Reported-Missing-in-Covington/J4GhGzwfO0i7wPCZqyzH_A.cspx
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 02:38:47 PM »

Covington toddler found dead

COVINGTON -- A toddler reported as missing was found dead on Saturday morning, according to Covington police.

One-year-old William Cunningham was reported missing Friday evening from the City Heights housing complex in Covington. He was found dead Saturday morning in Cincinnati.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120526/NEWS0103/305260106/Covington-toddler-found-dead
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 02:40:42 PM »

Missing Covington Toddler Found Dead

The one-year-old boy that was reported missing in Covington Friday evening was found dead Saturday morning in Cincinnati.

Lt. Col. Spike Jones with the Covington Police Department told Local 12 News that he learned that one-year-old William Cunningham was found dead in Cincinnati in the early morning hours Saturday. Jones said late Friday he believed the boy was safe with an immediate family member. But Saturday Jones said a person being interviewed as part of the investigation led his officers to believe the child was safe Friday evening. Jones also said he does not believe William Cunningham was ever in Covington and the story about him possibly wandering away was “a ruse to misdirect the investigation.”

Local 12 News placed a call to the Criminal Investigation Section with the Cincinnati Police Department and was told that "Covington Police asked Cincinnati Police for assistance within this case and that a media release would be forthcoming."

http://www.local12.com/mostpopular/story/Missing-Covington-Toddler-Found-Dead/J4GhGzwfO0i7wPCZqyzH_A.cspx
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 02:41:48 PM »

Cincinnati Police are handling a death investigation of a toddler

CINCINNATI - Cincinnati Police tell 9 News homicide investigators are handling a death investigation involving a toddler.

Detectives are working to confirm the identity of the child whose body was found early Saturday morning according to Sgt. Gary Conner with Cincinnati Police. Conner said he was not ready to release the exact location of where the body was found.

The death investigation follows an intense search for a missing 1-year-old Covington boy.

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/region_central_cincinnati/downtown/cincinnati-police-are-handling-a-death-investigation-of-a-toddler_7549782#ixzz1w0CcbCde
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 02:44:10 PM »

One year old toddlers are so sweet.  How anyone could have harmed little William is beyond me.     With heavy heart, I'm moving this to "Missing Found Deceased".  I hope there will be justice for Willam. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 02:46:12 PM »

One year old toddlers are so sweet.  How anyone could have harmed little William is beyond me.     With heavy heart, I'm moving this to "Missing Found Deceased".  I hope there will be justice for Willam. 

This is so sad, and if it is true that they lied to LE the whole time and he was in Cincinatti that makes me wonder if this poor baby was abused . 
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2012, 02:58:56 PM »

Definitely not the end I was expecting.  Another sweet, innocent child needlessly gone.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2012, 11:55:04 PM »

Woman Charged in Death of 1-year-old Boy

A woman who claimed a young boy she was babysitting wandered away from a Covington housing complex was charged Saturday in connection with the toddler’s death.

Marquita Burch, 26, is being held on charges of Abuse of a Corpse and Tampering with Evidence in connection with the death of William Cunningham. According to Cincinnati Police, Burch admitted to investigators in Covington that William died at her apartment on Sheehan Ave. in Hartwell and she later moved his body to an apartment on Winton Rd in Winton Place.

William Cunningham’s mother, Kiara Carter, was distraught Saturday. She says Burch was babysitting William and she asked Burch several times to return the boy over the last several days and each time, Burch promised to return him, but did not

Lt. Colonel Jones said Saturday his department expended “considerable resources” to search for William Cunningham. He will be consulting with the Commonwealth Attorney’s Office about charges possibly being filed for filing a false police report and inducing panic.

Cunningham’s family is planning a candlelight vigil Saturday evening at City Heights. It’s scheduled to start at 8:30 p.m.

http://www.local12.com/mostpopular/story/Woman-Charged-in-Death-of-1-year-old-Boy/hAPamVv_TUGuTrP0hiewSA.cspx
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 12:00:30 AM »

Baby-sitter charged with abusing corpse of toddler found dead inside closet one day after going missing

Burch reported her nephew missing, but was questioned by police after finding discrepancies in her story. The woman later recanted her story, telling Covington detectives that little William had an accident and died in her apartment on Sheehan Avenue in Cincinnati, according to Fox19.

The suspect then directed Covington detectives to an apartment on Winton Road where she said she had taken the boy’s body.

The toddler’s corpse was discovered in a hall closet within the unit. Police have not revealed how the child died.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2150537/Woman-charged-abusing-corpse-toddler-dead-inside-closet-day-going-missing.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 01:22:28 AM »

monster Marquita Burch

http://www.local12.com/content/breaking_news/story/Woman-Charged-in-Death-of-1-year-old-Boy/hAPamVv_TUGuTrP0hiewSA.cspx

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 05:41:35 AM »

This is so sad, and if it is true that they lied to LE the whole time and he was in Cincinatti that makes me wonder if this poor baby was abused . 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 10:40:10 AM »

A Covington woman who joined the search, but doesn't want to be identified says she furious and calls Burch a "sick, sick individual."

The woman's says Burch, who relatives of the baby used to call a trusted family friend, was supposed to be babysitting William and even joined in the search.  "She combed these hills, the trails with us crying out William's name. I mean we had senior citizens out here trying to comb these woods looking for William. 

Sam Johnson who also lives in City Heights says police were going door to door looking for the baby who was called Little Will. "The cops come knocking on the door. I guess they was the cops or the SWAT team or something and they showed me a picture of the little baby and I said no I never seen him."

Burch then directed Cincinnati homicide detectives to an apartment on Winton Road where she had taken the body. Cunningham's body was found in a hall closet within the apartment. Family members tell FOX19 that Burch was Cunningham's babysitter.

http://kentoncounty.fox19.com/news/news/91500-woman-arrested-after-missing-1-year-old-found-dead
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 01:12:31 PM »

A woman who claimed a young boy she was babysitting wandered away from a Covington housing complex was charged Saturday in connection with the toddler’s death.

Marquita Burch, 26, is being held on charges of Abuse of a Corpse and Tampering with Evidence in connection with the death of William Cunningham. According to Cincinnati Police, Burch admitted to investigators in Covington that William died at her apartment on Sheehan Ave. in Hartwell and she later moved his body to an apartment on Winton Rd in Winton Place.

William Cunningham’s mother, Kiara Carter, was distraught Saturday. She says Burch was babysitting William and she asked Burch several times to return the boy over the last several days and each time, Burch promised to return him, but did not

Lt. Colonel Jones said Saturday his department expended “considerable resources” to search for William Cunningham. He will be consulting with the Commonwealth Attorney’s Office about charges possibly being filed for filing a false police report and inducing panic.

Cunningham’s family is planning a candlelight vigil Saturday evening at City Heights. It’s scheduled to start at 8:30 p.m.

http://www.local12.com/mostpopular/story/Woman-Charged-in-Death-of-1-year-old-Boy/hAPamVv_TUGuTrP0hiewSA.cspx
Above BBM.  She asked.  That's all she did, she asked.    And now she is distraught.  She did nothing to protect her child, but she is distraught.  Sweet Baby William never had a chance.  And if we find out later that she did more than ask, that this is another case of bad reporting, I will gladly eat my words. 
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 12:40:50 PM »

Above BBM.  She asked.  That's all she did, she asked.    And now she is distraught.  She did nothing to protect her child, but she is distraught.  Sweet Baby William never had a chance.  And if we find out later that she did more than ask, that this is another case of bad reporting, I will gladly eat my words. 
I hear what you're saying.  After the first "ask" and no baby, I would have marched myself over there to get my child.
Course, it rings of 31 days of insanity from the ant family.

Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.