March 28, 2024, 09:44:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bacon Lover In Piggly Wiggly Rampage  (Read 2314 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« on: May 26, 2012, 09:57:27 PM »

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/shoplifter-went-on-piggly-wiggly-rampage-789304

Busted shoplifter spit on, punched, pepper-sprayed Georgia workers

::snipping2::
Responding to a 911 call, a cop reported spotting “a very large black female in a purple dress standing there screaming at two store employees” who followed her outside the Piggly Wiggly, which was filled with a choking cloud of pepper spray. Police then arrested Appling, whose rap sheet includes several prior shoplifting convictions and outstanding arrest warrants in three Georgia counties.

Appling sought to swipe: five packages of cheese; eight cans of Coors Light; vegetable oil; chicken wings; and five packages of bacon.
(       Just how big was her purse???)

While in police custody, Appling told a cop to add whatever charges he wanted “because she was going to plea bargain and half of the charges would be dropped anyway,” according to the report. She also asked Officer Nathaniel Franco if her arrest would make the police blotter, requesting that the cop make his report “more interesting so that her arrest would make” the department’s compendium of notable incidents.

A product of an entitlement society.  What a sad future we have as Americans.   

These are my opinions and subject to change.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 11:17:36 PM »

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/shoplifter-went-on-piggly-wiggly-rampage-789304

Busted shoplifter spit on, punched, pepper-sprayed Georgia workers

Responding to a 911 call, a cop reported spotting “a very large black female in a purple dress standing there screaming at two store employees” who followed her outside the Piggly Wiggly, which was filled with a choking cloud of pepper spray. Police then arrested Appling, whose rap sheet includes several prior shoplifting convictions and outstanding arrest warrants in three Georgia counties.

Appling sought to swipe: five packages of cheese; eight cans of Coors Light; vegetable oil; chicken wings; and five packages of bacon.
(       Just how big was her purse???)

While in police custody, Appling told a cop to add whatever charges he wanted “because she was going to plea bargain and half of the charges would be dropped anyway,” according to the report. She also asked Officer Nathaniel Franco if her arrest would make the police blotter, requesting that the cop make his report “more interesting so that her arrest would make” the department’s compendium of notable incidents.

A product of an entitlement society.  What a sad future we have as Americans.   

"Just how big was her purse???"  Well, when folks shoplift, sometimes they stick the items down their pants, their bras etc.

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/if-youre-going-to-put-meat-in-your-1704752.html?cxtype=rss_ece_frontpage
If you're going to put meat in your pants, use lots of ice
By John Kelso

The lesson we've learned from Beefgate? Don't put meat in your pants.

Sam's Bar-B-Que, a fixture at 2000 E.12th St. since about the time pork ribs were invented, is one of three Austin restaurants closed by the health department in a hot meat sting. You've heard of Elgin Hot Guts? Well, this was a case of Austin hot meat.

According to Austin police, meat thieves would hit an H-E-B supermarket, steal the meat and then sell it to the restaurants' employees. Sam's was one of the restaurants that had workers who bought the stuff, the cops say.

But it was the transportation method that put this story on the goofy map. To sneak it out of the store, the thieves would hide the meat in their britches.

Poor Sam's. Think of the jokes. "Is that an 8-pound brisket in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me?"

But a smart ad firm would turn this into a winner by introducing the new Pants Plate: beef from jeans, with a side of beans.
So what do you wear to the store when you stick a brisket in your pants? I'd suggest sweat pants about 8 inches too big around the middle, with the bottoms duct-taped to the running shoes so it doesn't fall out on the floor.
The employees who got popped were caught up in an Austin police undercover meat maneuver called Operation Meat Locker. Cops posing as meat burglars went to various restaurants to see if they'd buy lifted meat. I wonder if they teach how to pose as a meat burglar at the police academy? Police Sgt. David Socha said that repeated buys were made. "We wanted to make sure it wasn't a fluke; I think there were three to four purchases at each place," he said.

This warning from the health department: Don't carry meat in your pants without refrigeration.

"I wouldn't define proper storage as being in someone's pants," said Carrie Williams, spokeswoman for the Texas Department of State Health Services. So if you're going to put meat in your pants, stuff a 5-pound bag of ice in your shorts.

Which reminds me. What's brown, between white bread, and covered with zipper marks?

A slice beef sandwich from Sam's.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 12:14:54 AM »

You know what I found puzzling?  I didn't know that beer was sold in pks containing 8 cans.  I've heard of 6 and 12.  But not 8.  So, then one has to wonder...where were the missing cans???

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 01:26:52 AM »

You know what I found puzzling?  I didn't know that beer was sold in pks containing 8 cans.  I've heard of 6 and 12.  But not 8.  So, then one has to wonder...where were the missing cans???

http://www.luanawines.com/Beer/Miller-Lite-8-pack-7oz-cans.aspx
Miller Lite 8-pack 7oz cans

The 7 oz. beers were called "ponies" . 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 09:22:04 AM »

http://www.luanawines.com/Beer/Miller-Lite-8-pack-7oz-cans.aspx
Miller Lite 8-pack 7oz cans

The 7 oz. beers were called "ponies" . 
lol...learn something new everyday.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.